Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,557 members, 7,812,780 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:14 PM

New Car-2016 Honda Civic EX - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / New Car-2016 Honda Civic EX (955 Views)

Lady Buys A New Car To Celebrate Her 24th Birthday (Photos) / Guys Pouring Wine On New Car To "Wash" It (Photos) / Honda Civic Ex 02 AC Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

New Car-2016 Honda Civic EX by udemzeus(m): 4:54pm On Jun 26, 2016
After last generation's missteps, the Honda Civic again becomes the car to beat

I’ve wanted to get in the new Civic for a long time. It was worth the wait. It’s comfortable, quiet, quick and, based on previous Civics, should last forever. Speaking of previous, can you believe the Civic is 43 years old? Wow!

This is the 10th generation and the first Civic developed with teams from the U.S., Japan, Europe and South America, Honda says. It’s 3 inches longer and 2 inches wider than the outgoing car. At 182 inches long, it’s 7 inches longer than the first Accord. But I digress.

Under the hood is a sweetheart of an engine -- Honda-smooth, power aplenty, and an even rev range. Yeah, you have to rev it a bit to get to the “power aplenty” part but nothing crazy. The CVT is standard and it’s fine -- in Sport mode. In normal mode it’s obviously less, uh, sporty, but I never felt like I was holding up traffic. Put it that way.

Indeed, for the most part, this car is a joy to wheel around town. It’s solid and calm, like a bigger, more expensive car (the sticker is quite a bit lower than I was expecting). Body control is excellent, and I love this steering -- nice and direct. Doors thunk shut like German cars used to, probably one reason I was surprised at the sticker. It looks like the interior got a material upgrade with s-fter touch plastics on the dash and door panels. Very nice.

Honda has a winner here. Civics have been top-10 sellers for as long as I can remember. I don’t see that changing with the 10th-gen.

-- Wes Raynal, editor

Photo: 2016 Honda Civic EX Photo 11

2016 Honda Civic EX Photo by Honda

OTHER VOICES:

The Honda Civic got a new attitude! After dropping some weight, adding better materials to the interior and improving fuel economy the Civic demands even more attention than it already gets.

There are a few nasty potholes on my way home from work, and the Civic stayed steady and secure as I traveled over the craters. Turns were smooth and braking was strong, increasing my confidence on the road.

Well equipped, this EX Civic sedan has a backup camera, heated seats, a new infotainment system equipped with Apple CarPlay and Android auto and tons of space. I needed to use it to move a bunch of stuff and was afraid its size was going to be a problem, but the Civic exceeded my expectations. I was able to fit three big boxes in the trunk and a chair across the backseat.

Wes said power was good, but it doesn’t pick up nearly as fast as I would like it to. I felt like I was lagging behind other cars on the expressway, and then all of a sudden the sedan would get a boost of energy as the transmission did its thing. Also, the road noise is noticeable -- I guess that's the price you pay for the responsive chassis and suspension.

-- Justine Luke, editorial intern

Photo: 2016 Honda Civic EX Photo 9

2016 Honda Civic EX Photo by Honda

specs and price

On Sale: Now

Base Price: $21,875

As Tested Price: $21,875

Drivetrain: 1.5-liter turbo DOHC I4, FWD continuously variable transmission automatic

Output: 174 hp @ 6,000 rpm, 162 lb-ft @ 1,700-5,500 rpm

Curb Weight: 2,906 lb

Fuel Economy: 31/41/35 mpg(EPA City/Hwy/Combined)

Options: None

Pros: Solid, quiet, comfortable compact feels like a more expensive car

http://www.gist24.com.ng/2016/06/new-car-2016-honda-civic-ex.html
Cons: We're thinking

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

In Case You Missed This: FRSC ‘can No Longer’ Fine Motorists, Court Rules / Rarest American Cars Ever Built - Only A Few Pieces Were Made(video) / Battery Disconnection; A Sure Way To Electrical/electronic Damage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.