Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Cyndi Lauper: 'mature Women Can Pull Off Bold Colour' - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Cyndi Lauper: 'mature Women Can Pull Off Bold Colour' (405 Views)

5 Types Of Classy Ladies Lipstick Colour / Diseases Women Can Acquire From Makeups / Trendy Suits For Men About To Make A Bold Move (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cyndi Lauper: 'mature Women Can Pull Off Bold Colour' by greentrends: 9:10am On Jun 27, 2016
Cyndi Lauper feels older women should experiment with their make-up.

The American singer rose to fame with a slew of hits as a solo artist in the '80s after splitting from her early group Blue Angel, dancing her way into the hearts of the masses with hits such as Girls Just Want to Have Fun. With her punk-inspired ensembles, brightly dyed hair and kooky accessories, Cyndi also inspired a generation of women to experiment with their style.

Now, having turned 63 last week (22Jun16), Cyndi is still encouraging women to try new looks as she thinks age is merely a state of mind.

"When you've lost your spirit, that's not good," she told Vogue.com. "A woman who is older doesn't have to look like a grandmamma. She can look elegant and not conservative."

Cyndi insists mature women are still capable of pulling off bold colour, but the secret is simply scaling back on foundation and keeping layers of blush or eyeshadow as light as possible. She also recommends spending time studying your bone structure and where make-up is best applied according to the face shape, as well as reading books and magazines to draw ideas from.

"See what you look like, and see what matches your face," she said. "Then, one night, practise."

She advises women to consider making a strategically colourful hair statement too, and as she is currently rocking cotton-candy coloured hair, she claims to find softer colours more flattering.

And while the pop culture icon wasn't always a huge fan of pink, she now feels the connotations of the colour are being subverted by both men and women in different ways.

"I never liked pink. It was shoved down (girls') throats," she explained, adding that these days, "Pink is just pink, it can be used for different genders."Read more at:http://www.marieaustralia.com/long-formal-dresses | http://www.marieaustralia.com/formal-dresses-2016
Re: Cyndi Lauper: 'mature Women Can Pull Off Bold Colour' by Arian11(m): 9:12am On Jun 27, 2016
At 63? undecided ...well to me I think if you must put make up at that age it should be for your partner...

Except you wanna put for all these gigolos and diamond male diggers tongue

(1) (Reply)

"I Vote Falconey Cc Nljega" / bought / Pls Where Can I Get Retina A 0.05 Cream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.