Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,976 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:53 PM

Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern (164085 Views)

Bishop (dr) Chris Kwakpovwe Of Our Daily Manna Sets Lagos Ablaze With Miracles / Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 / The Rapture Of Abiding Saints In Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:01pm On Mar 29, 2010
Daily Manna

The Prayer of the Afflicted
Monday, March 29, 2010

TEXT: PSALM 120:1-7

"In my distress I cried unto the Lord, and he heard me" (Psalm 120:1).

Rick Warren, a popular preacher in the United States once remarked that "Life is a series of problems: Either you are in one now, you’re just coming out of one, or you’re getting ready to go into another one. The reason for this is that God is more interested in your character than your comfort; God is more interested in making your life holy than He is in making your life happy".

From our text, it is certain that the psalmist had been in some great distress due to persecutions from his adversaries whom he portrayed as directing their sharp arrows of contention against him. He seems to be at a distance from his own country and the house of God, and dwelt among wicked men when he wrote it. He declared his intention to live peaceably with all men, but his persecutors were for war.

One of the chief persecutors of David was Saul, the first king of Israel. At a time, Saul was among the prophets, and afterwards among the witches. Faced with such an enemy, the tendency is for many to resort to the arm of flesh when the opportunity comes. But we need to realize the potency of praying when we are troubled.

If God gave us favours without constraining us to pray for them, we would never know how poor we are. But true prayer is an inventory of wants, a catalogue of necessities, a revelation of hidden poverty. While it is an application to divine wealth, it is a confession of human emptiness. Prayer girds human weakness with divine strength, turns human folly into heavenly wisdom, and gives to troubled mortals the peace of God. Try praying today! It works.

Thought for today: New level! New devil!

Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:38pm On Mar 30, 2010
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:40pm On Mar 30, 2010
Daily Manna

Our Present Help
Tuesday, March 30, 2010

TEXT: PSALM 121:1-8

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help" (Psalm 121:1).

In his day, King David realized there was no better help than that which came from God. He took solace in the saying that, "the earth is the Lord’s and the fullness thereof."

Today, hardship has become pervasive in many societies and to beat the challenge it poses, many people have enlisted in all manner of criminality.

Our text today is a challenge to believers in Christ to always look up to God in times of adversity. Some other people have put their trust in man. But Dennis Kimbro and Napoleon Hill said: "Depending on somebody is another cause of people’s poverty in nature, because no man found himself satisfied with what he has and how do you expect a dependant to find success in life."

The Bible tells us that it is vain to trust in man. To overcome the economic recession and have our needs met, we must absolutely trust in God who is our help in times of need.

This is not the time to complain or find fault with people over their inability to help you; it is best for you to lift up your eyes unto God. Trust in man will surely fail. Only those who hope in the power of the Almighty weather the storm. Remember, woe to them that go to Egypt to seek help. Many believers are going back to the world, thinking they will find help. The truth is that the world has nothing to offer. Beloved, stay safely in His everlasting arms.

Thought for today: The store house of God never runs dry.

Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:00pm On Mar 31, 2010
Daily Manna

Confidence in God's Word
Wednesday, March 31, 2010

TEXT: PSALM 119:97-104

"O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day. Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me" (Psalm 119:97,98).

There is something that has potent power, is unchanged, constant, indisputable and flawless. It is the word of God. Several people have tried to subvert the word of God but have failed. Such persons have either ended disastrously or surrendered to the power of the word.

No wonder, the Psalmist in our text today speaks of the numerous possibilities of the word of God in his life. The attitude of the Psalmist to the word of God culminated in great benefits for him. He had strong love for the word of God; the word was always with him; and the word was his meditation at all times. He was obedient to the word of God; refrained his feet from every evil; and the word of God was as sweet as honey in his mouth.

The Psalmist’s right attitude towards the word of God made him wiser than all his enemies; he had understanding than all his teachers; he understood deep things of the Spirit; and had the grace to hate every false way.

There is the need to realise that the secret of wisdom, knowledge and understanding is the word of God. It is the source of power to the powerless. The student who loves the word of God will not lag behind in his studies. When the sorrowful resorts to the word of God, he gets consolation. When the sinner or backslider gives himself to the word of God he gets the conviction that leads to repentance. All the promises in the word of God are true in Christ and are capable of effecting wonders in our lives if we hold on to them.

All it takes to have all-round victory is to develop the right attitude to the word of God as the Psalmist did: Love it, believe it, obey it, trust in it and put it into practice. Read the word of God every day, because there is awesome power in it. In fact, it is the tonic for our faith.

Thought for today: The world of the Word has life-giving power.

Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:53am On Apr 06, 2010
Daily Manna

Serving Two Masters
Tuesday, April 6, 2010

TEXT: Joshua 23:6-13

"Know for a certainty that the Lord your God will no more drive out any of these nations from before you; but they shall be snares and traps unto you, and scourges in your sides, and thorns in your eyes, until ye perish from off this good land which the Lord your God hath given you" (Joshua 23:13).

The tragedy of serving two masters is that it puts on the supposed servant the onerous responsibility of constantly ‘adjusting’ his loyalty on the basis of anticipated favours from each master, rather than the master’s demand. He will end up doing eye-service. "No man can serve two masters" the Scripture stated emphatically.

Joshua succeeded Moses as Israel’s leader. He had led them over the years now and had been used of God in various mighty ways. Now, he was approaching the end of all mortals and needed to drum it into the peoples ears the conditions for God’s protection and security, having known all their weak points. He harped continuously on separation from the surrounding heathen nations in all matters of marriage and worship as the Lord had commanded through Moses. He did not stop just at that; he proceeded to list out inescapable consequences of their disobedience: the traps, scourge and thorn that would afflict them until they perished.

Likewise, ministers and leaders in God’s house must warn the congregation. The conditions that the people faced in Bible days are obviously prevailing today. Unequal yoke in marriage, business and false worship characterize the lifestyle of many so-called believers today. Christian believers must be warned to resist with all vehemence, all attraction to unequal yoke and ungodly relationships.

The believer today is at risk to capitulate under worldly pressure to join evil doers. But do not worry, trust in the power of God to carry you through. After all, He has promised in the scripture that ‘my grace is sufficient for you’.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: No man can serve two masters.
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:02am On Apr 07, 2010
Daily Manna

Fear God
Wednesday, April 7, 2010

TEXT: Joshua 23:14-16

"Therefore it shall come to pass, that as all good things are come upon you, which the Lord your God promised you; so shall the Lord bring upon you all evil things, until he have destroyed you from off this good land which the Lord your God hath given you" (Joshua 23:15).  For more . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:48am On Apr 08, 2010
Daily Manna

Don't Forget!
Thursday, April 8, 2010

TEXT: Joshua 24:1-13

"And I have given you a land for which ye did not labour, and cities which ye built not, and ye dwell in them; of the vineyards and oliveyards which ye planted not do ye eat" (Joshua 24:13). For more . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:53pm On Apr 09, 2010
Daily Manna

Serve the Lord
Friday, April 9, 2010

TEXT: Joshua 24:22-28

"And the people said unto Joshua, The Lord our God will we serve, and his voice will we obey" (Joshua 24:24).  For more . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:09am On Apr 10, 2010
Daily Manna

Worthy Legacy
Saturday, April 10, 2010

TEXT: Joshua 24:29-33

"And Israel served the Lord all the days of Joshua, and all the days of the elders that overlived Joshua, and which had known all the works of the Lord, that he had done for Israel" (Joshua 24:31). For more . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:54am On Apr 11, 2010
Daily Manna

Nothing But the Truth
Sunday, April 11, 2010

TEXT: Proverbs 29:9-16

"If a ruler hearken to lies, all his servants are wicked" (Proverbs 29:12). For more . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:20am On Apr 12, 2010
Daily Manna

Godly Upbringing
Monday, April 12, 2010

TEXT: PROVERBS 29:17-27

"Correct thy son, and he shall give thee rest; yea, he shall give delight unto thy soul" (Proverbs 29:17). For more . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:00pm On Apr 13, 2010
Daily Manna

Contentment
Tuesday, April 13, 2010

TEXT: Proverbs 30:1-9

"Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me" (Proverbs 30:coolFor more . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:26am On Apr 14, 2010
Daily Manna

Negative Behaviour
Wednesday, April 14, 2010

TEXT: Proverbs: 30:10-20

"There is a generation that are pure in their own eyes, and yet is not washed from their filthiness" (Proverbs 30:12).

For more . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:25am On Apr 15, 2010
Daily Manna

Go to the Ants
Thursday, April 15, 2010

TEXT: Proverbs 30:21-33

"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer" (Proverbs 30:25). 

For more . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:36pm On Apr 16, 2010
Daily Manna

Mother's Wish
Friday, April 16, 2010

TEXT: Proverbs 31:1-9

"The words of king Lemuel, the prophecy that his mother taught him" (Proverbs 31:1).

For more . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:57pm On Apr 17, 2010
Daily Manna

Go the Extra Mile
Saturday, April 17, 2010

TEXT: PROVERBS 31:10-31

"Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all" (Proverbs 31:29).

For more . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:02am On Apr 18, 2010
A Time to Sleep
April 17, 2010

"And when Herod would have brought him forth, the same night Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains: and the keepers before the door kept the prison."(Acts 12:6)

For more . . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:47pm On Apr 18, 2010
Headstone of the Corner
April 18, 2010

"The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner."(Psalm 118:22)

For more . . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:49pm On Apr 18, 2010
Daily Manna

Here I Stand!
Sunday, April 18, 2010

TEXT: Ezekiel 32:17-32

"The strong among the mighty shall speak to him out of the midst of hell with them that help him: they are gone down, they lie uncircumcised, slain by the sword" (Ezekiel 32:21). 

For more . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:35am On Apr 19, 2010
Daily Manna

Saved to Serve
Monday, April 19, 2010

TEXT: EZEKIEL 33:1-7

"So thou, O son of man, I have set thee a watchman unto the house of Israel; therefore thou shalt hear the word at my mouth, and warn them from me" (Ezekiel 33:7).

For more . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:44pm On Apr 20, 2010
Daily Manna

Turn from Evil Ways
Tuesday, April 20, 2010

TEXT: Ezekiel 33:8-20

"Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel" (Ezekiel 33:11).

For More . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:17am On Apr 21, 2010
Watch the DCLM Channel online 24/7

Click on the appropriate link (top right corner) to connect to this TV channel online.

DCLM Channel
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:18am On Apr 22, 2010
Daily Manna

Hypocrite?
Wednesday, April 21, 2010

TEXT: Ezekiel 33:21-33

"And, lo, thou art unto them as a very lovely song of one that hath a pleasant voice, and can play well on an instrument: for they hear thy words, but they do them not" (Ezekiel 33:32). 

For More . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:26pm On Apr 22, 2010
Daily Manna

Failed?
Thursday, April 22, 2010

TEXT: Ezekiel 34:1-10

"Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I am against the shepherds; and I will require my flock at their hand, and cause them to cease from feeding the flock; neither shall the shepherds feed themselves any more; for I will deliver my flock from their mouth, that they may not be meat for them" (Ezekiel 34:10). 

For More . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:38pm On Apr 25, 2010
The Lord’s Business

TEXT: Ezekiel 34:11-19

"I will seek that which was lost, and bring again that which was driven away, and will bind up that which was broken, and will strengthen that which was sick: but I will destroy the fat and the strong; I will feed them with judgment" (Ezekiel 34:16).

For More . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:43pm On Apr 25, 2010
Our Good Shepherd

TEXT: Ezekiel 34:20–31

"And I the Lord will be their God, and my servant David a prince among them; I the Lord have spoken it" (Ezekiel 34:24).

For More . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:58pm On Apr 26, 2010
Envy Not the Wicked

TEXT: PROVERBS 24:1-20

"Fret not thyself because of evil men, neither be thou envious at the wicked; For there shall be no reward to the evil man; the candle of the wicked shall be put out" (Proverbs 24:19,20). 

For More . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:18am On Apr 27, 2010
What Value is Your Vow?

TEXT: Leviticus 27:1-13

"But if he be poorer than thy estimation, then he shall present himself before the priest, and the priest shall value him; according to his ability that vowed shall the priest value him" (Leviticus 27:cool

For More . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:53pm On Apr 28, 2010
Your Best

TEXT: Leviticus 27:26-34

"Notwithstanding no devoted thing, that a man shall devote unto the LORD of all that he hath, both of man and beast, and of the field of his possession, shall be sold or redeemed: every devoted thing is most holy unto the LORD" (Leviticus 27:28).

For More . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:26pm On Apr 28, 2010
Daily Manna

Trust in the Lord
Wednesday, April 28, 2010

TEXT: PSALM 125:1-5

"They that trust in the LORD shall be as mount Zion, which cannot be removed, but abideth for ever" (Psalm 125:1). 

For More . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:18pm On May 04, 2010
Daily Manna

God's Marvellous Work
Tuesday, May 4, 2010

TEXT: Job 39:19-30

"Hath thou given the horse strength? hast thou clothed his neck with thunder"? (Job 39:19). 

For More . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:44pm On May 05, 2010
Daily Manna

Talk Less
Wednesday, May 5, 2010

TEXT: Job 40:1-24

"Then Job answered the Lord, and said, Behold, I am vile; what shall I answer thee? I will lay mine hand upon my mouth" (Job 40:3,4).

For More . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply)

MY Experience With The Supernatural, Ghost And Spirits Do Exist. / Synagogue Church Of All Nations Building Collapses (Picture) / Issues About Sex In Dream, Spirit Wife, Spirit Husband, Spirit Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.