Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,065 members, 7,810,973 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern (164084 Views)

Bishop (dr) Chris Kwakpovwe Of Our Daily Manna Sets Lagos Ablaze With Miracles / Daily Manna Feeding On His Word Daily 2014 / The Rapture Of Abiding Saints In Christ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:10am On Jul 05, 2010
Monday, July 5, 2010

Lowering the Exalted Standard

TEXT: EZRA 10:18-44

"And they gave their hands that they would put away their wives; and being guilty, they offered a ram of the flock for their trespass" (Ezra 10:19).

Talk For Today:  "The standard of righteousness can be maintained: live by faith . . ."

For More . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:42pm On Jul 06, 2010
Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Right Attitude during Persecution

TEXT: ACTS 7:9-16

"And the patriarchs, moved with envy, sold Joseph into Egypt: but God was with him" (Acts 7:9).

Persecution is a common experience in the lives of all those who are living in righteousness and true holiness.  The Scripture says, "Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution" (2 Timothy 3:12).  This is not a promise but a revelation of fact to strengthen the faith of the brethren.  When Satan engineers persecution against followers of Christ, he does so in order to turn them away from the path of righteousness. Persecutions come in forms of  mockery, hatred, affliction, denial of rights, envy, beating and even death.

Stephen reminded the council that Joseph suffered persecution in the hands of his brethren as well as in the house of Potiphar.  Joseph was sold into slavery by his brethren because of their envy and jealousy against him. However, Joseph’s attitude in persecution is instructive. Though his brethren hated him, he surrendered himself to God as instrument for the preservation of the Jewish race at a time a terrible famine threatened their existence.

As true followers of Christ, our attitude during persecution is expected to be characterized by prayerfulness, love and forgiveness for our persecutors.  At such a time, we should totally depend on God because He has the power to preserve our lives. It is not a time for revenge, or of habouring hatred or malice but a time to show love that will conquer their hatred; forgiveness that will conquer their persecution; and joy that will overwhelm their sadness.

When persecuted, we are to "rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven" (Matthew 5:12).  That is the time to sing praises unto God and to trust in Him who know the many "afflictions of the righteous" and is able to "deliver him out of  them all" (Psalm 34:19).

Talk For Today:  "Your attitude determines your altitude . . ."

For More . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:32pm On Jul 07, 2010
Wednesday, July 7, 2010

God does not Forget

TEXT: ACTS 7:17-35

"I have seen, I have seen the affliction of my people which is in Egypt, and I have heard their groaning, and am come down to deliver them. And now come, I will send thee into Egypt" (Acts 7:34).

Talk For Today: "Wait, I say, on the Lord . . ."

For More . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:51am On Jul 09, 2010
Matter of the Heart

TEXT: ACTS 7:36-53

"Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye" (Acts 7:51).

Talk For Today:  "The matter of the heart is the heart of the matter . . ."

For More . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:04am On Jul 09, 2010
Effect of the Gospel
Friday, July 9, 2010

TEXT: ACTS 7:54-60

"Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord" (Acts 7:57).

Talk For Today: "God’s grace is enough to keep His people in the fire of persecution . . ."

For More . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:22am On Jul 11, 2010
Opportunity in Adversity
Saturday, July 10, 2010

TEXT: ACTS 8:1-8

"Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them" (Acts 8:5).

Talk For Today:  "There are opportunities in adversity . . ."

For More . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:41pm On Jul 12, 2010
Equal Opportunities
Monday, July 12, 2010

TEXT: ACTS 8:26-40

"And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him" (Acts 8:31).

Talk For Today: "God’s provision is sufficient for all". . . ."

For More . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:49am On Jul 13, 2010
Importance of Faith
Tuesday, July 13, 2010

TEXT: HEBREWS 11:1-6

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6).

Talk For Today:  "Development of faith should be a priority for Christian pilgrims . . ."

For More . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:48pm On Jul 14, 2010
Power of Faith
Wednesday, July 14, 2010

TEXT: HEBREWS 11:7-16

"By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went" (Hebrews 11:cool.

Talk For Today:  "You will be remembered by what you have done . . ."

For More . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:07pm On Jul 15, 2010
Works of Faith
Thursday, July 15, 2010

TEXT: HEBREWS 11:17-22

"By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son" (Hebrews 11:17).

Talk For Today: "Don’t just speak faith, act faith . . ."

For More . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:00pm On Jul 16, 2010
Faith in Adversity
Friday, July 16, 2010

TEXT: HEBREWS 11:23

"By faith Moses, when he was born, was hid three months of his parents, because they saw he was a proper child; and they were not afraid of the king's commandment" (Hebrews 11:23).

Talk For Today: "Some believers give up too soon . . ."

For More . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:15pm On Jul 17, 2010
Patriotism and Faith
Saturday, July 17, 2010

TEXT: HEBREWS 11:24-29

"By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter" (Hebrews 11:24).

Talk For Today: "It is the height of foolishness to sacrifice the hereafter for the here and now"

For More . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:48am On Jul 19, 2010
Exploits of Faith

TEXT: HEBREWS 11:30-40

"By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter" (Hebrews 11:39).

Talk For Today:  "Have faith in God"."

For More . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:39pm On Jul 19, 2010
Dealing with Obstructions
Monday, July 19, 2010

TEXT: Hebrews 12:1-4

"Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us" (Hebrews 12:1).

Talk For Today: "He who wins gets the crown"."

For More . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:50pm On Jul 20, 2010
In the Right Company
Tuesday, July 20, 2010

TEXT: NUMBERS 10:29-32

"And Moses said unto Hobab, the son of Raguel the Midianite, Moses' father in law, We are journeying unto the place of which the Lord said, I will give it you: come thou with us, and we will do thee good: for the Lord hath spoken good concerning Israel" (Numbers 10:29).

Recently, a United Arab Emirates newspaper reportedly quoted one of the former teachers of the young Nigerian terrorism suspect who allegedly tried to blow up a United States airliner on Christmas day as saying that the suspect was a “talented, motivated and articulate student, and a caring young man” who “embodied hope for the future” until he started keeping a bad company.

The report added that the young man was “developing an international mind and an international heart” and was maturing into a confident, articulate, compassionate, caring and responsible young man”. But within a few years with the wrong group, he had been trained and equipped to ignite powerful explosives. As a result of the company he kept, the promising young life veered off the path of honour and safety and headed for doom and failure. Whereas keeping a good company would have earned him a place in a hall of fame, wrong company has placed his name in the hall of infamy.

Moses, in our passage, extended invitation to Hobab to accompany them to the promised land, a rare privilege considering that he was not an Israelite. Moses knew where they were headed and wanted him to experience the best by keeping company with the right people.

It is understatement to say that we should be careful of the company we keep whether in the workplace, in the neighbourhood or even in the church. Any friendship that threatens your getting to the promised land must be severed. Any company that drains off grace for righteousness and holiness must be discontinued.

Again, we must be kind enough to continue to extend invitation to friends, neighbours and co-workers to join the heaven-bound journey even if some decline the invitation!

Talk For Today:  "Every God-inspired invitation to you is in your own interest."

For More . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:03pm On Jul 21, 2010
In His Presence
Wednesday, July 21, 2010

TEXT: Numbers 10:33-36

"And the cloud of the Lord was upon them by day, when they went out of the camp" (Numbers 10:34).

Talk For Today:  "He knows the way; follow Him"."

For More . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:20pm On Jul 23, 2010
Dealing with Discouragement
Friday, July 23, 2010

TEXT: Numbers 11:10-15

"Have I conceived all this people? Have I begotten them, that thou shouldest say unto me, Carry them in thy bosom, as a nursing father beareth the sucking child, unto the land which thou swarest unto their fathers" (Numbers 11:12).

Talk For Today:  "Lord, help me to praise You even in my dark hours"."

For More . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:09pm On Jul 26, 2010
Influence of the Spirit
Monday, July 26, 2010

TEXT: Numbers 11:24-30

"And Moses said unto him, Envies thou for my sake? Would God that the entire Lord's people were prophets, and that the Lord would put his spirit upon them!" (Numbers 11:29).

Talk For Today:  "Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed?"

For More . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:05pm On Jul 27, 2010
Acceptable Penitence
Tuesday, July 27, 2010

TEXT: Psalm 51:1-19

"For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me" (Psalm 51:3).

Talk For Today: "No repentance, no forgiveness"

For More . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:02pm On Jul 28, 2010
Victory  Over  Powerful  Enemies
Wednesday, July 28, 2010

TEXT: Psalm 52:1-9

"The righteous also shall see, and fear, and shall laugh at him" (Psalm 52:6).

Talk For Today:  "By their fruits ye shall know them"

For More . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:39am On Jul 30, 2010
Gratefulness
Friday, July 30, 2010

TEXT: PSALM 54:1-7

"I will freely sacrifice unto thee: I will praise thy name, O Lord; for it is good" (Psalm 54:6).

Talk For Today:  "How grateful are you to God for His mercies"?

For More . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:11pm On Jul 31, 2010
The Troubled Supplicant
Saturday, July 31, 2010

TEXT: PSALM 55:1-15

"My heart is sore pained within me: and the terrors of death are fallen upon me" (Psalm 55:4).

Talk For Today: "God is your very present help in trouble"?

For More . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:42am On Aug 03, 2010
God’s Family
Sunday, August 1, 2010

TEXT: MARK 3:31-35

"And he answered them, saying, Who is my mother, or my brethren?" (Mark 3:33).

Thought for the day:  "Children of God obey His word and will"

For More . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:55am On Aug 03, 2010
Fruitfulness of Good Ground
Monday, August 2, 2010

TEXT: MARK 4:1-9

"And other fell on good ground, and did yield fruit that sprang up and increased; and brought forth, some thirty, and some sixty, and some an hundred" (Mark 4:cool.

Thought for the day:  "The inflow of Christ’s blood makes the heart good and fruitful"

For More . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:05am On Aug 03, 2010
Escape the Judgment!
Tuesday, August 3, 2010

TEXT: 1 KINGS 2:26-35

"So Solomon thrust out Abiathar from being priest unto the Lord; that he might fulfil the word of the Lord, which he spake concerning the house of Eli in Shiloh" (1 Kings 2:27).

Thought for the day:  "The law of retributive justice unerringly grips the unrepentant in time"

For More . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:17pm On Aug 04, 2010
Crossing the Boundary?
Wednesday, August 4, 2010

TEXT: 1 KINGS 2:36-46

"And the king sent and called for Shimei, and said unto him, Did I not make thee to swear by the Lord, and protested unto thee, saying, Know for a certain, on the day thou goest out, and walkest abroad any whither, that thou shalt surely die? and thou saidst unto me, The word that I have heard is good" (1 Kings 2:42).

Thought for the day: "No safety outside God’s set boundaries of grace"

For More . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:18pm On Aug 05, 2010
Keep His Commandments
Thursday, August 5, 2010

TEXT: 1 KINGS 3:1-15

"And if thou wilt walk in my ways, to keep my statutes and my commandments, as thy father David did walk, then I will lengthen thy days" (1 Kings 3:14).

Thought for the day:  "Obedience brings blessings"

For More . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:57pm On Aug 06, 2010
Wisdom Wins
Friday, August 6, 2010

TEXT: 1 KINGS 3:16-28

"And all Israel heard of the judgment which the king had judged; and they feared the king: for they saw that the wisdom of God was in him, to do judgment" (1 Kings 3:28).

Thought for the day:  "Wisdom is the principal thing that you need"

For More . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:56pm On Aug 07, 2010
The Right Team
Saturday, August 7, 2010

TEXT: TEXT: 1 KINGS 4:1-19

"So king Solomon was king over all Israel. And these were the princes which he had; Azariah the son of Zadok the priest" (1 Kings 4:1,2).

Thought for the day:  "The surest way to progress is finding the right partners"

For More . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:08pm On Aug 08, 2010
Peace and Stability
Sunday, August 8, 2010

TEXT: TEXT: 1 KINGS 4:1-19

"And Judah and Israel dwelt safely, every man under his vine and under his fig tree, from Dan even to Beer-sheba, all the days of Solomon" (1 Kings 4:25).

Thought for the day: "The promises of God are ‘yea’ and ‘amen’"

For More . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:54am On Aug 09, 2010
The Gift of Wisdom
Monday, August 9, 2010

TEXT: TEXT: 1 KINGS 4:29-34

"And God gave Solomon wisdom and understanding exceeding much, and largeness of heart, even as the sand that is on the sea shore" (1Kings 4:29).

Thought for the day:  "Wisdom is the principal thing . . ."

For More . . .
Re: Daily Manna — God's Abiding Concern by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:28pm On Aug 10, 2010
Bought with a High Price
Tuesday, August 10, 2010

TEXT: TEXT: NUMBERS 3:44-51

"And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, Take the Levites instead of all the firstborn among the children of Israel, and the cattle of the Levites instead of their cattle; and the Levites shall be mine: I am the LORD" (Numbers 3:44,45).

Thought for the day:  "Justify your purchase by your daily conduct and conversation"

For More . . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (52) (Reply)

MY Experience With The Supernatural, Ghost And Spirits Do Exist. / Synagogue Church Of All Nations Building Collapses (Picture) / Issues About Sex In Dream, Spirit Wife, Spirit Husband, Spirit Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.