Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,860 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

How MTN Nigeria Is Paying Its N330 Billion Fine - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How MTN Nigeria Is Paying Its N330 Billion Fine (429 Views)

See How MTN Now Deduct People's Airtime Without Sending Any Message / FG Reduces MTN Fine To N330 Billion To Be Payed In 3 Years / N1.04 Trillion Fine: MTN Now To Pay N330 Billion Over 3 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How MTN Nigeria Is Paying Its N330 Billion Fine by georgeidoni: 1:31pm On Jun 27, 2016
Dear Nairalanders

As you are all aware, MTN Nigeria recently reached a settlement agreement with the Federal Government of Nigeria to pay N330 Billion instead of the initial N1.04 Trillion fine imposed on the telecommunication firm for defaulting to register more than 5 million of it subscribers. While it was a certainty that the telecommunication firm will in one way or the other flex it subscribers of the fine amount, I never imagined that they could go as low as forcefully subscribing customers to some spurious VAS services without their consent.

On Sunday June 26th 2016, I received a spam sms on my phone that I have successfully subscribed to Gadget Care Weekly and that N50,000 deducted from my account for the service. One thing for sure is that I subscribed to the service and all other VAS services; coupled with the fact that I do not even know what the service is all about. This to me is day light robbery and should be roundly condemned. MTN Nigeria should not steal from it customers to pay for it self-inflicted burden. I am using this medium to beg MTN Nigeria to refund my N50 and desist forthwith from deducting any amount for any illegitimate service without my consent. Attached is the screen shot of the sms I received.

Re: How MTN Nigeria Is Paying Its N330 Billion Fine by fkpboss: 1:40pm On Jun 27, 2016
Lol, na so them put me for one kind fashion news o, after i don para for one costumer care to unsubscribe me, they cum put me for another learn english and them dey chop my money like psquare, na so i sharpaly go dust my airtel sim card put for my phone
Re: How MTN Nigeria Is Paying Its N330 Billion Fine by demosoft: 2:17pm On Jun 27, 2016
They forcefully subscribed me to games star and debited 50naira. There support insisted I must have subscribed in error

(1) (Reply)

Need Scrap! / Investors Might Be Excited By Nigeria’s New Free Floating Currency But ...... / Pro Forma Invoice Request - How To Quote? Lowest Price Or Rrp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.