Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,233 members, 7,860,477 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:29 AM

Edo PDP Guber Candidate Refuses To Pick Form From Any PDP Faction - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo PDP Guber Candidate Refuses To Pick Form From Any PDP Faction (551 Views)

Sheriff’s PDP Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules / Appeal Court Sitting In Abuja Over Eyitayo Jegede And Jimoh Ibrahim PDP Guber / Jimoh Ibrahim Picks Ondo Governorship Form From Sheriff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Edo PDP Guber Candidate Refuses To Pick Form From Any PDP Faction by arterxerxes: 6:18pm On Jun 27, 2016
Edebiri Solomon, one of the PDP Gubernatorial candidate had refused to pick the form to contest due to the Factions in PDP.

He said: "I have not and will not pick any nomination form from any PDP faction"

"I will not belong to any faction because I don't want to be deceived twice"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgx54IQjXoY

Profile and Biography of Edebiri Solomon

He was the revelation during the 2012 governorship election debate organized for candidates. His policy plans and what he would do to bring the state out of the woods when elected then endeared him to the people of the state. But then, he had contested the election under the platform of the now defunct All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP), a party that was not so popular in Edo State.
He however came third in the governorship election that was held that year on April 22.

He led the Edo ANPP group into the merger with the ACN and the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) to form the APC. He joined the PDP in 2014 after complaining that only the ACN group was running the show in the new APC. Edebiri has never occupied political office before; hence, he is seen as a “decent” politician. Buoyed by the outcome of that election, Edebiri has once again thrown his hat into the Edo State governorship ring for the July, 2016 election.

Asked why he decided to contest again, he had this to say, “I am a member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), my first and primary assignment now is to convince leaders of the party and members of the party that I am best suited for the governorship position. “Looking at the past where the PDP is coming from, the party certainly needs a man that can bring the unity of the party together, a man who can create hope for the people, a man that can re-build the party. “If you look at the backdrop and where things are coming from, if you look at the backdrop that we are coming from the PDP, the party needs a great unifier. PDP does not need anybody that will divide the party into two factions. “So, our primary focus now is to ensure that we go to the primaries successfully and we go to the field. I enjoy a lot of public support and I am very confident that the PDP can trust me with their mandate, Edo people will trust me with their larger mandate to govern the state. That informs my commitment to this struggle, that yes, the people have watched me over the years they have seen my antecedents, they have seen me and believe that this is the time”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/edo-2016-four-horse-race-pdp-ticket/

(1) (Reply)

Abia State PDP Suspends Uche Ogah Over Anti-party Activities / Security Officer Confirms Avengers’ Attacks On NNPC, Chevron, NPDC Facilities / PDP Flays Denial Of Stadium For Flag Off

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.