Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

"I'm Going Into Farming" - Gov Ahmed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "I'm Going Into Farming" - Gov Ahmed (533 Views)

You Cannot Force Workers Into Farming, Labour Tells Govs / Kwarans Shouting "Ole" At Saraki And Gov. Ahmed At Government House Kwara / Tea Farming: Gov Ishiaku Of Taraba State Eyes Export Market. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"I'm Going Into Farming" - Gov Ahmed by UCF(m): 7:07pm On Jun 27, 2016
Kwara State Governor, @AbdulfataAhmed said he is prepared to go into big time farming to contribute to the economic growth of the state and ensure food security.

Governor Ahmed who said this during an interactive session with Civil Servants on levels 16 and 17 as well as Permanent Secretaries, emphasised the need for economic diversification of the state to mitigate the current national economic challenge and guarantee future economic stability.

The Governor noted that the slide in earnings from federation account from about N3.8bn at the inception of his administration to a little over N1billion monthly, called for cutting of costs in other to sustain governance and development of infrastructure.

Governor Ahmed who assured the civil servants that despite the prevailing economic challenges in the country, their welfare and regular payment of salaries and enrolments remain his top priorities, charged management staff of MDAs, as top echelons of the civil service, to put in place aggressive and progressive modalities of ensuring that the fortunes of the state improve through enhanced internally generated revenue.

The governor said the projection of his administration is to hit N3bn mark by the end of 2016, away from the present N1.2bn monthly which was an impressive achievement from the monthly N500m IGR at the inception of his administration.

“We will continue to ensure that our civil servants, are happy, efficient and productive; but to whom much is given much is expected”, he said.

According to him, although, a critical factor is the personnel cost, his administration would not reduce the work force which would add to the army of unemployed but would ensure prudence in the management of available resources.

The governor asserted that civil servants’ salaries in the State are paid to date, except those who have challenges with their Biometric Verification Numbers (BVN) stressing that once the issues are resolved they would be paid.

Re: "I'm Going Into Farming" - Gov Ahmed by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jun 27, 2016
U better seek the advice of ur godfather saraki, if not i rest my case
Re: "I'm Going Into Farming" - Gov Ahmed by Firefire(m): 7:32pm On Jun 27, 2016
Another fraudulent Shonga Farm loading...

May you lot who take pleasure in the cry of the masses by looting their common wealth never find peace in this life and in the life to come everlasting. Ameen!

1 Like

Re: "I'm Going Into Farming" - Gov Ahmed by MrKong: 7:34pm On Jun 27, 2016
Dem don come again o

Na so Saraki use Kwara state money build Shonga Farm, now him don convert am to personal property
Re: "I'm Going Into Farming" - Gov Ahmed by MrKong: 7:39pm On Jun 27, 2016
Oma307:
U better seek the advice of ur godfather saraki, if not i rest my case
That governor is just a tadpole and Saraki is the kingfisher...he can swallow him at anytime
Re: "I'm Going Into Farming" - Gov Ahmed by thunderrider: 12:45am On Jun 28, 2016
AbdulFatai,

(1) (Reply)

Fayose's Account Freezing: Court Summons EFCC / BREAKING: Court Sacks Sheriff As Pdp chairman / Photos: Market Men And Women Protest Gov. Okezie Ikpeazu Sack By High Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.