Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

How Involved Are Spiritual Leaders In Nigeria Politics - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Involved Are Spiritual Leaders In Nigeria Politics (833 Views)

The Married Women That Respect Their Spiritual Leaders More Than Their Husbands. / Church Leaders In Zimbabwe Blacklist T.B Joshua, Calling Him A Fake Prophet / Are Spiritual Husbands Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Involved Are Spiritual Leaders In Nigeria Politics by allinfog: 1:23pm On Sep 04, 2009
OFTEN times they tell us God is a Nigerian, but must God always be in Nigeria when they are here as HIS reps. The truth i think is that they may not be really representing HIM, most of these corrupt politicians hire them as prayer contractors, spiritual mentors etc. I KNOW that they have not been telling them the truth, considering the foregoing situations. Who knows if they might change if they hear the hard truth. I honestly think that these people should brace up to save us from their own end.
Re: How Involved Are Spiritual Leaders In Nigeria Politics by PastorAIO: 1:33pm On Sep 04, 2009
There has always been and there will forever be an intimate connection between Religion and Politics. There is no other factor (even more than Arms and money) that plays a bigger part in the evolution of human politics, I don't think.

I'm talking of ostensible religion, not the inner practice of religion.

How many christians can claim to have a personal relationship with God and how many relate to God through their pastors.
Re: How Involved Are Spiritual Leaders In Nigeria Politics by posakosa(m): 7:32am On Sep 05, 2009
Not as involved as they think that they are. Pastors just aid in helping to brainwash the masses but babalowos control Nigeria because politicians normally visit thier shrines to win the next election/campaign

Popular question "Baba, I need to do something to make sure I remain in power for the next five years"

"Don't worry my son, it shall be done." The sacrifice will be performed early tomorrow morning at 1am." Bring the head of your first son,
Re: How Involved Are Spiritual Leaders In Nigeria Politics by PastorAIO: 9:13am On Sep 05, 2009
But if the leaders of one party went to a babalawo and the leader so the opposition party too went to the same babalawo then you have a win=win situation for the babalawo. first he gets money from both parties and then he is guaranteed the success and loyalty of at least half his clients. Great situation to be in.
Re: How Involved Are Spiritual Leaders In Nigeria Politics by posakosa(m): 4:39pm On Sep 05, 2009
Pastor AIO:

But if the leaders of one party went to a babalawo and the leader so the opposition party too went to the same babalawo then you have a win=win situation for the babalawo. first he gets money from both parties and then he is guaranteed the success and loyalty of at least half his clients. Great situation to be in.

hahahaha! grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

God's Glory Reigns At Shioh 2009 Even At Satalite Viewing Centres, / How A London-based “Pastor” Scammed Ibori’s Associates / Do You Think She Would Apologize For Her Wrongdoings?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.