Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,983 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Big Scandal: New Customs Boss Forges All Certificates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Big Scandal: New Customs Boss Forges All Certificates (1173 Views)

Hameed Ibrahim Ali: 7 Things You Should Know About The New Customs Boss / John Atte Becomes New Customs Boss (Acting) / Customs Boss, Dikko, Gives Resignation Notice To President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Big Scandal: New Customs Boss Forges All Certificates by meekas(m): 1:27pm On Sep 04, 2009
The new Comptroller-General of Customs, Alhaji Abdullahi Inde Dikko, is enmeshed in a big certificate scandal. He has been accused of forging all his academic certificates.

The allegation was levelled against the new customs boss by Olajide Oyewole Ibrahim, who claimed to have assisted Dikko to forge the certificates.

In his affidavit regarding his relationship with Dikko, filed on his behalf at an Ikeja High Court by Festus Keyamo, Ibrahim chronicled all the allegations against Dikko, particularly how he (Ibrahim) assisted Dikko to forge his WAEC result, Nigerian Institute of Management (NIM) certificate, how Dikko fraudulently got Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN) certificate, etc.

According to Ibrahim, “Sometime in 1999, Alhaji Abdullahi Dikko confessed to me because of my closeness to him, that his West African Certificate (WAEC) result was defective and implored me to assist him get another result.

•Alhaji Abdullahi Inde Dikko, Comptroller-General of Customs.

“In that same year, i.e. 1999, I assisted Alhaji Abdullahi Dikko through the help of a staff of WAEC, to get him a fake WAEC result bearing the name of Government College, Kaduna and with the date of issuance as 1980.”

Ibrahim further alleged in his affidavit: “In the year 2000 when Alhaji Abdullahi Dikko wanted to become a fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), they discovered that the WAEC result was not genuine.

“Prior to their discovery, Alhaji Abdullahi Dikko had already submitted the said WAEC certificate to the customs authorities as his and could not withdraw same.

“Following that discovery, Alhaji Abdullahi Dikko abandoned his ambition of becoming a fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accounts of Nigeria and opted for membership of the Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN) situate at Herbert Macaulay Way, Yaba, Lagos.

“With the assistance of two (2) members of staff of ANAN, one Mr. Bello who was then in charge of examination and one Mr. Ojelade in charge of registration at the Institute, Alhaji Dikko was admitted as a fellow of ANAN.

“It was the said Mr. Bello who suggested that we got somebody to write the ANAN examination on behalf of Alhaji Abdullahi Dikko.

“That suggestion warranted my contracting one Mr. Ganiu Memudu to write the ANAN examination on behalf of Alhaji Abdullahi Dikko.

“Initially, Mr. Ganiu Memudu was reluctant to write the examination for Alhaji Abdullahi Dikko but after much pressure from me and Alhaji Abdullahi Dikko, Mr. Memudu yielded and wrote the ANAN examination conducted sometime in March 2000 at the Auditorium of the University of Lagos.”

Ibrahim is spilling the beans now because he claimed that the new customs boss is threatening his life.

Besides, he said spurious allegations have been levelled against him by Dikko to the extent that he had been arrested and had even been declared wanted by the police in connection with alleged robbery, all at the instigation of Dikko.

He said Dikko had promised to deal with him because he knows too much about the customs boss. He is therefore seeking the enforcement of his fundamental human rights.

In the affidavit, copies of some of the forged certificates were attached. See bellow for details of the allegations against the customs boss who could not be reached at press time.
http://thepmnews.com/2009/09/03/big-scandal-new-customs-boss-forges-all-certificates
Re: Big Scandal: New Customs Boss Forges All Certificates by candylips(m): 2:23pm On Sep 04, 2009
duplicate post. this is already posted
Re: Big Scandal: New Customs Boss Forges All Certificates by BlackRevo: 3:15pm On Sep 04, 2009
Here is the original post you can follow it from there

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-318710.32.html

(1) (Reply)

Inspector General Of Police Fails Polygraph Test (lie Detector Machine Test) / Chadians Make Nigeria Their Promised Land:how They Trek For Months 2 Work Here / Ekiti Governor Vows To Remove Corrupt Public Officials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.