Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,123 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Low Thermometer Reading - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Low Thermometer Reading (1724 Views)

Nissan To Unveil Mind-Reading Car System That Speed Up Drivers Reaction Times / Odometer Reading Roll Back - Advice Please / What Is Your Car's MPG Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Low Thermometer Reading by marksburg: 6:53am On Jun 28, 2016
Pls house am I suppose to be concerned about a sudden drop in my my dashboard thermometer reading?

I jus changed my car radiator to double cell. and Av started noticing d above. the technician also removed the thermostat
Re: Low Thermometer Reading by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:03am On Jun 28, 2016
marksburg:
Pls house am I suppose to be concerned about a sudden drop in my my dashboard thermometer reading?

I jus changed my car radiator to double cell. and Av started noticing d above. the technician also removed the thermostat

what do you aspect when you removed the thermo and installed a double cell radiator

its even worse when the fan is constaly running

3 Likes

Re: Low Thermometer Reading by Dottore: 7:07am On Jun 28, 2016
Low temperature was your primary target when you changed your radiator and removed the thermostat now you have achieved it and you are still panicking

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Low Thermometer Reading by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:11am On Jun 28, 2016
marksburg:

your pocket will feel 145 very well grin

7 Likes

Re: Low Thermometer Reading by Godyke(m): 7:12am On Jun 28, 2016
Be ready to be buying fuel more often as your car will guzzle more fuel than usual

1 Like

Re: Low Thermometer Reading by kingreign(m): 7:20am On Jun 28, 2016
marksburg:

Bros, e never complete, go kazeem, tell them to remove the CTS harness clip and make a breach in the wires and the car fan will spin continuously so the engine will cold.

3 Likes

Re: Low Thermometer Reading by honmusa(m): 8:00am On Jun 28, 2016
kingreign:

Bros, e never complete, go kazeem, tell them to remove the CTS harness clip and make a breach in the wires and the car fan will spin continuously so the engine will cold.
no ,e still remain o,tell the Kazeem to triple the head gasket. Cold small ,the engine will be giving out ice block!!!! grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Low Thermometer Reading by ikdaddy01(m): 8:23am On Jun 28, 2016
honmusa:

no ,e still remain o,tell the Kazeem to triple the head gasket. Cold small ,the engine will be giving out ice block!!!!
Hahahahaha grin grin grin
OP. U don enter double chance.
Na u use ur hand go carry de calabash.
All de guru de talk be say u were better off than now, and u be de cause
Anyway, if I were u, I will downgrade, and re-install my previous apps. U will sha, when u start going tonde filling station more often....especially in de morning

3 Likes

Re: Low Thermometer Reading by mayor2013: 8:37am On Jun 28, 2016
MKe una no miss this one, @ op tell your kazeem to also connect a bigger fan to it to even cool it the more. I think you love 145# per litre grin

2 Likes

Re: Low Thermometer Reading by Nobody: 10:09am On Jun 28, 2016
Cartalk members never disappoint. grin

2 Likes

Re: Low Thermometer Reading by ogawisdom(m): 10:46am On Jun 28, 2016
Lol grin grin jst tell ur rewire to connect a switch for ur radiator fan so u can switch on or off d fan depending on engine temp dt way there is hope of engine reaching operating temperature esp if u drive short distances.

Jst a damage control on petrol consumption cool

Thermostat removed, double cell radiator plus fan spinning steadily. angry

1 Like

Re: Low Thermometer Reading by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 28, 2016
marksburg:

You've still got a lot to add to your Kazeem Delete List.

You might as well tell him to remove the engine and transmission, cut a couple of holes in the driver's footwell, so you can use your feet against the road to propel the car.

Oh, and delete all none-essential items, to make the car lighter for you to propel. This includes rear seats, carpet, fuel tank, battery etc.

Headlamps are strictly for the birds, too. Delete them, fit a couple of hooks, from which you could suspend a couple of hurricane lamps.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Low Thermometer Reading by adanny01(m): 5:59pm On Jun 28, 2016
On behalf of all who made comments, i wish to apologise for our collective sense of humour. We believe that a constant reader of this section should have known better by now. If you never knew, common sense should have told you that the manufacturer of the car isnt crazy for not putting a double cell radiator from factory or delete the thermostat from factory if it were actually a bad thing to the car.

If the mechanic didnt understand the use of those things, find a mechanic who does. If you dont, next the mechanic will tell you is you dont need tires to drive your car and if you complain of bad mileage, he may advice you to put things like camphor or salt in your fuel tank!!!

99% of Nigerian mechanics dont know how a thermostat operates and definitely dont know its fucntion. Technology is getting better and newer cars would not tolerate the abuse. If mechanics dont know and dont seek to know, motorist should know or atleast seek to know what happens under the hood.

Be wise!

2 Likes

Re: Low Thermometer Reading by oNj(m): 6:09pm On Jun 28, 2016
marksburg:

Sorry bro for the bashing.
In fact it's a capital crime here on cartalk to do those things.

Go fix the cause of your overheating issue, if your car was overheating and return those things back to how they were.

1 Like

Re: Low Thermometer Reading by lonelydora: 6:13pm On Jun 28, 2016
I'm just laughing here.
Re: Low Thermometer Reading by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jun 28, 2016
Siena:

You might as well tell him to remove the engine and transmission, cut a couple of holes in the driver's footwell, so you can use your feet against the road to propel the car.

Oh, and delete all none-essential items, to make the car lighter for you to propel. This includes rear seats, carpet, fuel tank, battery etc.

Headlamps are strictly for the birds, too. Delete them, fit a couple of hooks, from which you could suspend a couple of hurricane lamps.
grin grin cheesy grin grin

Sorry OP. What you allowed your mechanic to do just literarily shocked people's nerves.

1 Like

Re: Low Thermometer Reading by cokoduck: 7:38pm On Jun 28, 2016
oNj:

Sorry bro for the bashing.
In fact it's a capital crime here on cartalk to do those things.

Go fix the cause of your overheating issue, if your car was overheating and return those things back to how they were.
exactly
Re: Low Thermometer Reading by marksburg: 8:49pm On Jun 28, 2016
hahahahaja... me sef join laf myself after all diz comments.

but guys o... WATS d way forward Na. I actually changed d single cell not coz of overheating o. twas coz of leakage and I was feeling like a big boy after spending 15k to purchase it the double cell. I still have d thermostat o. should he jus replace it or also get a single cell?
Re: Low Thermometer Reading by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jun 28, 2016
cool
Re: Low Thermometer Reading by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jun 28, 2016
marksburg:

but guys o... WATS d way forward Na. I actually changed d single cell not coz of overheating o. twas coz of leakage and I was feeling like a big boy after spending 15k to purchase it the double cell. I still have d thermostat o. should he jus replace it or also get a single cell?
Start by re-fixing the removed thermostat. If the radiator can be replaced to single cell, fine but if not, your car will still be okay with the double cell. Hope the fan wiring was not touched?

It's good you have a healthy sense of humour.
Re: Low Thermometer Reading by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:49pm On Jun 28, 2016
Siena:

and I thought I was evil grin

3 Likes

Re: Low Thermometer Reading by marksburg: 10:10pm On Jun 28, 2016
0rex:

Start by re-fixing the removed thermostat. If the radiator can be replaced to single cell, fine but if not, your car will still be okay with the double cell. Hope the fan wiring was not touched?

It's good you have a healthy sense of humour.
Tnx alot bro...
one fan wasn't blowing. so he changed the brush. after Wch it picked.
I have called the seller of the radiator and he promised to change it

1 Like

Re: Low Thermometer Reading by mayor2013: 10:55pm On Jun 28, 2016
marksburg:

Tnx alot bro...

Number 1 rule here comply with the rules and regulations of car talk experts here.for example You can't say you have a Toyota camry 2008 and we all should be seeing Mecerdes benz engine inside. Abi guys weetin I talk grin

2 Likes

Re: Low Thermometer Reading by disloman(m): 12:16am On Jun 29, 2016
My ogas!Make una chill small.The op might be chicken-minded person.Make him no go commit suicide.Lolzzzzz.Lord!forgive mi.can't stop laughing.Siena's comment is the baddest.

2 Likes

Re: Low Thermometer Reading by disloman(m): 12:19am On Jun 29, 2016
adanny01:
On behalf of all who made comments, i wish to apologise for our collective sense of humour. We believe that a constant reader of this section should have known better by now. If you never knew, common sense should have told you that the manufacturer of the car isnt crazy for not putting a double cell radiator from factory or delete the thermostat from factory if it were actually a bad thing to the car.

If the mechanic didnt understand the use of those things, find a mechanic who does. If you dont, next the mechanic will tell you is you dont need tires to drive your car and if you complain of bad mileage, he may advice you to put things like camphor or salt in your fuel tank!!!

99% of Nigerian mechanics dont know how a thermostat operates and definitely dont know its fucntion. Technology is getting better and newer cars would not tolerate the abuse. If mechanics dont know and dont seek to know, motorist should know or atleast seek to know what happens under the hood.

Be wise!
Most are not even mechanics.They might just have a slight ideas about cars and apply them.It is annoying my brother.

2 Likes

Re: Low Thermometer Reading by disloman(m): 12:24am On Jun 29, 2016
marksburg:

Please do fix the thermostat back and replace the radiator with the exact part required.Bro!Always replace item with the exact item you replaced.Hope your car engine is still okay.
Re: Low Thermometer Reading by adanny01(m): 12:39am On Jun 29, 2016
marksburg:

Just put back the thermostat and leave the double cell radiator in. The thermostat will help you in managing the fact that you have a more efficient radiator. Also make sure your fan is not wired directly running full time.

To educating you, do you know why atlethes warm up before a race? Thats why the thermostat is there. Its basically a warm up tool. The fan and radiator and both over heating prevention tools. That means, in order to have a proper running engine, you need a temperature range that these tools help you keep. Removing any one means the limits are out of control. Removing thermostat means removing the lower limit to the optimum operating temperature of the engine that leads to excessive fuel consumption and excessive engine wear. Putting a double cell also contributes to eliminating the lower limit. A broken down cooling fan, failed water pump, burnt head gasket, blocked radiator, leaking coolant or any bad cooling system part is removing the upper limit of the optimum operating temperature of the engine, that leads to over heating or instant engine damage.

If you had over heating, you ought to have found the failed part and replace with appropriate replacement part not to start editing the car.
Re: Low Thermometer Reading by marksburg: 3:35am On Jun 29, 2016
adanny01:

Just put back the thermostat and leave the double cell radiator in. The thermostat will help you in managing the fact that you have a more efficient radiator. Also make sure your fan is not wired directly running full time.

To educating you, do you know why atlethes warm up before a race? Thats why the thermostat is there. Its basically a warm up tool. The fan and radiator and both over heating prevention tools. That means, in order to have a proper running engine, you need a temperature range that these tools help you keep. Removing any one means the limits are out of control. Removing thermostat means removing the lower limit to the optimum operating temperature of the engine that leads to excessive fuel consumption and excessive engine wear. Putting a double cell also contributes to eliminating the lower limit. A broken down cooling fan, failed water pump, burnt head gasket, blocked radiator, leaking coolant or any bad cooling system part is removing the upper limit of the optimum operating temperature of the engine, that leads to over heating or instant engine damage.

If you had over heating, you ought to have found the failed part and replace with appropriate replacement part not to start editing the car.

now dis is my concern, it was noticed dat one of the fan Ddnt spin after replacing d radiator. d guy advised I change d brush Wch I did. now the two fans work. but I noticed it now spins once the engine is ignited. tot its supoz to spin only when I put on the ac
Re: Low Thermometer Reading by Lexusgs430: 4:50am On Jun 29, 2016
You people are simply not nice. LOLZ
Re: Low Thermometer Reading by Nobody: 6:46am On Jun 29, 2016
marksburg:

Tnx alot bro...
Okay. Welcome, you are. wink
Re: Low Thermometer Reading by Nobody: 6:51am On Jun 29, 2016
marksburg:

now dis is my concern, it was noticed dat one of the fan Ddnt spin after replacing d radiator. d guy advised I change d brush Wch I did. now the two fans work. but I noticed it now spins once the engine is ignited. tot its supoz to spin only when I put on the ac
You didn't mention this before o when you said your wiring was not touched. Your coolant temperature sensor (CTS) has either been bypassed or left disconnected. Tell that mechanic to restore your car to factory specs as he met it. angry
Re: Low Thermometer Reading by kingreign(m): 7:04am On Jun 29, 2016
marksburg:

Before I give my advice, what make and model of car is this?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Need Some Advice If I Should Change My Car To Thumbstart / Ordering Car Please Advice / Should I Buy This Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.