Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,404 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:39 PM

. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / . (1652 Views)

Hw Do One Solve Nissan Maxima 04 P0021 Code Intake Valve Timing Control Solenoid / 2004-2005 Nissan Maxima; Why Is There So Many Neat Ones For Sale? / Nissan Maxima Camshaft Sensor Issues And Going Off On Motion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Mikollon1(m): 9:17am On Jun 28, 2016
Re: . by honmusa(m): 9:41am On Jun 28, 2016
Mikollon1:
Hi all.

My car goes off in motion especially at slow speeds. When in traffic, it's likely to go off.

I had it scanned and the following codes came up;
P0138
P0037
P0057
P0327
P0406

Prior to scanning, a mechanic deceived me into changing the fuel pump yet the problem persisted.

This time, I want to be more informed. Please help.

Cc Costee Nisspart Mayor2013 Steveyen Honmusa

Thanks guys.
Your car is probably running lean that is why u might have this issue. You might need to do tune-up on your air intake system and ignition system by servicing your throttle body and change the air filter if dirty and also check the condition of your spark plug .
Then repair the knock sensor issue and if you care about reducing the rate of visiting filling station for fuel ,resolve your 02 sensor issue.
Re: . by Mikollon1(m): 9:58am On Jun 28, 2016
honmusa:

Your car is probably running lean that is why u might have this issue. You might need to do tune-up on your air intake system and ignition system by servicing your throttle body and change the air filter if dirty and also check the condition of your spark plug .
Then repair the knock sensor issue and if you care about reducing the rate of visiting filling station for fuel ,resolve your 02 sensor issue.

Okay thanks. Was worried the problem was due to the Knock Sensor issue.
My priority is getting the engine stable before I work on the fuel economy.
Re: . by honmusa(m): 10:15am On Jun 28, 2016
Mikollon1:

Okay thanks. Was worried the problem was due to the Knock Sensor issue.
My priority is getting the engine stable before I work on the fuel economy.
You actually need to take your car for further diagnosis to really pin point the issue ,a scan dtc result can only give direction and cannot accurately pin point the specific issue ,what i stated earlier is just a possibilities ,EGR malfuntion and faulty knock sensor can also cause car to run lean.
If you are in Lagos and you need a top-notch auto-diagnostics and repair service .U can call autologic @ 08061166316.
Re: . by Mikollon1(m): 11:00am On Jun 28, 2016
honmusa:

You actually need to take your car for further diagnosis to really pin point the issue ,a scan dtc result can only give direction and cannot accurately pin point the specific issue ,what i stated earlier is just a possibilities ,EGR malfuntion and faulty knock sensor can also cause car to run lean.
If you are in Lagos and you need a top-notch auto-diagnostics and repair service .U can call autologic @ 08061166316.

That's true. I'll do as you say. I'm in PH.
Re: . by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 28, 2016
Mikollon1:
Hi all.

My car goes off in motion especially at slow speeds. When in traffic, it's likely to go off.
That sounds classical of a failing camshaft sensor. The codes you pulled have always been there (ignored) and probably have little to do with your current symptoms.
Re: . by Mikollon1(m): 7:16pm On Jun 28, 2016
Costee:

That sounds classical of a failing camshaft sensor. The codes you pulled have always been there (ignored) and probably have little to do with your current symptoms.

I see your point. That's something to really consider.
Re: . by cokoduck: 6:43am On Jun 29, 2016
These codes are 02 sensor related, the first one is o2 sensor circuit high, so, my advice is for you is to erase the codes and run the engine then scan again and know which comes back, the one that comes back is the hard fault, meaning it is happening right now, then we will also need a live data, and freeze frame data of the car from the scan tool.
Re: . by Mikollon1(m): 9:27am On Jun 29, 2016
cokoduck:
These codes are 02 sensor related, the first one is o2 sensor circuit high, so, my advice is for you is to erase the codes and run the engine then scan again and know which comes back, the one that comes back is the hard fault, meaning it is happening right now, then we will also need a live data, and freeze frame data of the car from the scan tool.

The scan was done twice. After the first scan, the codes were erased.

I drove the car for about 1km before the second scan. The same set of codes repeated.
Re: . by cokoduck: 9:36am On Jun 29, 2016
Mikollon1:

The scan was done twice. After the first scan, the codes were erased.

I drove the car for about 1km before the second scan. The same set of codes repeated.
good, we need the live data, take pictures if the live data and post them, especially the LTFT, or look for a better and more professional technician to analyze the data, or you play swaptronics and cross your fingers to see if it will work.I mean buy a new 02 sensor
Re: . by Mikollon1(m): 10:30am On Jun 29, 2016
cokoduck:
good, we need the live data, take pictures if the live data and post them, especially the LTFT, or look for a better and more professional technician to analyze the data, or you play swaptronics and cross your fingers to see if it will work.I mean buy a new 02 sensor

The O2 sensor is linked to the fuel economy. I'm more concerned about the car going off for now
Re: . by makavele: 2:38pm On Jun 29, 2016
Mikollon1:

The O2 sensor is linked to the fuel economy. I'm more concerned about the car going off for now

change ur crankshaft position sensor . . why i hate nissans . . dis tin suffer me ehn, no be small
Re: . by cokoduck: 3:22pm On Jun 29, 2016
Mikollon1:

Na wa for you ohh. Your car needs three things to work, compression, spark and FUEL, the o2 sensor is part of the FUEL management system, and you scanned your car, at least the first two codes is talking about O2 sensor, so test the sensor and see if it working, if yes, then the problem is the circuit, if no, then buy a new sensor, if your car has no fuel will it start? If the ECU sees a particular data and reacts to it and reduces fuel supply so much that your car engine stalls, who or what do you blame?
Any ways does it happen immediately you start the car or when it heats up?
Re: . by Mikollon1(m): 4:33pm On Jun 29, 2016
cokoduck:
Na wa for you ohh. Your car needs three things to work, compression, spark and FUEL, the o2 sensor is part of the FUEL management system, and you scanned your car, at least the first two codes is talking about O2 sensor, so test the sensor and see if it working, if yes, then the problem is the circuit, if no, then buy a new sensor, if your car has no fuel will it start? If the ECU sees a particular data and reacts to it and reduces fuel supply so much that your car engine stalls, who or what do you blame?
Any ways does it happen immediately you start the car or when it heats up?

When it heats up.
Re: . by Mikollon1(m): 4:34pm On Jun 29, 2016
makavele:

change ur crankshaft position sensor . . why i hate nissans . . dis tin suffer me ehn, no be small

How was yours behaving? Was there a crankshaft sensor code from the scan?
Re: . by cokoduck: 5:38pm On Jun 29, 2016
Mikollon1:

When it heats up.
mais, voila le problem!
When it enters into what is called closed loop, that is to say, when the engine fuel management system kicks on, I believe that one or more 0² sensors especially the downstream (after the catalytic converter) O2 sensor is bad, so the ECU thinks that there is too much fuel in the system and tries to cut it back, thereby starving your engine of fuel, Mind you I may be wrong, because I haven't seen your live data, I will use the live data to validate or disprove my theory, try to get that data.
Re: . by Mikollon1(m): 5:59pm On Jun 29, 2016
cokoduck:
mais, voila le problem!
When it enters into what is called closed loop, that is to say, when the engine fuel management system kicks on, I believe that one or more 0² sensors especially the downstream (after the catalytic converter) O2 sensor is bad, so the ECU thinks that there is too much fuel in the system and tries to cut it back, thereby starving your engine of fuel, Mind you I may be wrong, because I haven't seen your live data, I will use the live data to validate or disprove my theory, try to get that data.

Ok I'll get the live data as soon as I can
Re: . by cokoduck: 6:33pm On Jun 29, 2016
Mikollon1:

Ok I'll get the live data as soon as I can
before you do it, I hope you know what live data is, if not got to you tube search bar and type, Schrödinger's box the secret if engine diagnostics: FUEL TRIM, it is a two part video, before doing anything.
Re: . by Mikollon1(m): 6:43pm On Jun 29, 2016
cokoduck:
before you do it, I hope you know what live data is, if not got to you tube search bar and type, Schrödinger's box the secret if engine diagnostics: FUEL TRIM, it is a two part video, before doing anything.

Ok thanks
Re: . by makavele: 11:14am On Jun 30, 2016
Mikollon1:

Nope, there wasn't. As a matter of fact, those codes rarely pop up, and if they do and u cleared them . .
they might never surface for a very long time . . whilst the car is still misbehaving . . .

The cars turns off in traffic, when am accelerating, it moves normally, after slowing down, it jerks and turns off.... so in traffic
i am constantly doing a start-and-off sequence . . very embarrassing i must tell u.

Then other days, i have to crank the engine and hold the key down for almost 10seconds before the engine starts.
Re: . by makavele: 11:14am On Jun 30, 2016
Mikollon1:

Nope, there wasn't. As a matter of fact, those codes rarely pop up, and if they do and u cleared them . .
they might never surface for a very long time . . whilst the car is still misbehaving . . .

The cars turns off in traffic, when am accelerating, it moves normally, after slowing down, it jerks and turns off.... so in traffic
i am constantly doing a start-and-off sequence . . very embarrassing i must tell u.

Then other days, i have to crank the engine and hold the key down for almost 10seconds before the engine starts.
Re: . by Mikollon1(m): 11:21am On Jun 30, 2016
makavele:

I can totally relate to this. When the car goes off and you restart it, sometimes does the car go right off back, such that you'll have to throttle to keep it from going off?

Also, any black smoke and high fuel consumption when this stubborn restart happens?
Re: . by makavele: 1:24pm On Jun 30, 2016
Mikollon1:

I can totally relate to this. When the car goes off and you restart it, sometimes does the car go right off back, such that you'll have to throttle to keep it from going off?

Also, any black smoke and high fuel consumption when this stubborn restart happens?

no black smoke . . factory fuel consumption specs . .

just crazy on and offs . . especially when "bae" is in the car wif me . . lol

had 2 dump it for a camry when i got tired of changing d crankshaft sensor
Re: . by Mikollon1(m): 2:16pm On Jun 30, 2016
makavele:

no black smoke . . factory fuel consumption specs . .

just crazy on and offs . . especially when "bae" is in the car wif me . . lol

had 2 dump it for a camry when i got tired of changing d crankshaft sensor

Ok. What kind of nissan?
Re: . by makavele: 3:53pm On Jun 30, 2016
Mikollon1:

Ok. What kind of nissan?

does it matter? maximas and altimas and almera . . Nissan as a whole

(1) (Reply)

Siena's Account Deactivated / Buying A Car Should Be Easy. What Dealers Aren't Telling You / In Need Of Mazda 323f Engine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.