Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,998 members, 7,838,512 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

I Find It Difficult To Keep These Birds As Pet, Help - Pets (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / I Find It Difficult To Keep These Birds As Pet, Help (31127 Views)

See What My Neighbour Is Keeping As Pet (photo) / Viral: Zimbabwean Woman Tames Lion As Pet / I Love Rabbits... I Want One As Pet... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Find It Difficult To Keep These Birds As Pet, Help by temmym4(m): 2:02pm On Jun 29, 2016
U caged a wild bird that was used to flying and roaming around freely, a bird that has been used to freedom and always in pair... and u expect them to survive in that kinda prison basket? nah!

u are lucky u caught a little one, put the bigger ones of its type in dat cage, the kind energy dem go use scatter the cage. e no go funny.

done this severally when i was a kid too... those birds are so emotional and very intelligent. The very first time i caught one back then, the rest of the birds watched as i take d bird inside, it died the next mornin. they keep comin everyday to call on their fellow family that i took in. this they did for almost 1 week.

Grew up a little and decided to catch a new one with another method, using the basket as a trap and putting maize in to attract them, was doing this outdoors, funningly, one of them whispered to the rest and they were all on the roof, few seconds later they disappeared. you wont believe they never came around for 2 good weeks. was actually scared maybe they could read my mind and know what exactly i was doing. lol
Re: I Find It Difficult To Keep These Birds As Pet, Help by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 29, 2016
cornel994:
nope am sorry
OK
Re: I Find It Difficult To Keep These Birds As Pet, Help by IMASTEX: 2:32pm On Jun 29, 2016
nike4love:

Where re u based?
Edo State
Re: I Find It Difficult To Keep These Birds As Pet, Help by IMASTEX: 2:36pm On Jun 29, 2016
temmym4:
U caged a wild bird that was used to flying and roaming around freely, a bird that has been used to freedom and always in pair... and u expect them to survive in that kinda prison basket? nah!

u are lucky u caught a little one, put the bigger ones of its type in dat cage, the kind energy dem go use scatter the cage. e no go funny.

done this severally when i was a kid too... those birds are so emotional and very intelligent. The very first time i caught one back then, the rest of the birds watched as i take d bird inside, it died the next mornin. they keep comin everyday to call on their fellow family that i took in. this they did for almost 1 week.

Grew up a little and decided to catch a new one with another method, using the basket as a trap and putting maize in to attract them, was doing this outdoors, funningly, one of them whispered to the rest and they were all on the roof, few seconds later they disappeared. you wont believe they never came around for 2 good weeks. was actually scared maybe they could read my mind and know what exactly i was doing. lol
Lol. . .Meaning they can protest
Re: I Find It Difficult To Keep These Birds As Pet, Help by IMASTEX: 2:46pm On Jun 29, 2016
Enezz:

THE ONE HE RECOMMENDED FOR YOU IS A CANARY AND THE TREND HE REFERRED YOU TO, I CREATED IT WITH MY ALT. ACCT. MR DRIX. BUT THE SPECIE YOU CAUGHT ABOUT SIX OF THEM, ARE WEAVER BIRD. IT IS FAR DIFFERENT FROM A CANARY AND BOTH CAN NOT BE COMPARED AS A CANARY IS MORE INTELLIGENT AND CAN MAKE SWEET MELODIES THAN THE WEAVER BIRD.
Okay, thanks. Please, can you help me with the link?
Re: I Find It Difficult To Keep These Birds As Pet, Help by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jun 29, 2016
[quote author=IMASTEX post=47040958]

1 Like

Re: I Find It Difficult To Keep These Birds As Pet, Help by Tellemall: 8:46pm On Jun 29, 2016
IMASTEX:

Okay, just that I needed a bird a bit smaller

If you stay in Abuja visit the national mosque for some beautiful little green birds.

2 Likes

Re: I Find It Difficult To Keep These Birds As Pet, Help by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 29, 2016
frisky2good:

Always is 400 per pack but cow and gate is 4000 each and your baby will consume 1 per week. You better do the calculation well before you put one guy in trouble. grin
U mean I shld continue buying pad

Re: I Find It Difficult To Keep These Birds As Pet, Help by frisky2good(m): 8:59pm On Jun 29, 2016
No but to get pregnant because of rising cost of pad no be beta calculation. smiley

Nikita1:
U mean I shld continue buying pad
Re: I Find It Difficult To Keep These Birds As Pet, Help by Flashh: 6:24pm On Jun 30, 2016
Lesbiangalr:

Thanks for making me laugh!
If you know him very well and threads he likes commenting on, you would understand and relate.

Btw, you are welcome!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Find It Difficult To Keep These Birds As Pet, Help by Cutehector(m): 6:21pm On Jul 10, 2016
jrerico1:
Am so enjoying this.. I need more comments please kiss
hey watsup bro, it's your boy hector. I wish to solicit for your support to vote for falconey for mr nairaland. Just as u voted in the last contest, ur votes will go a long way in making him d winner.

I was impressed with his topics and I decided to support him as well.

I look foward to your positive reply on this. Thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: I Find It Difficult To Keep These Birds As Pet, Help by Cutehector(m): 7:09pm On Jul 11, 2016
fart:
DO NOT KEEP BIRDS AS PETS FOR CHRIST SAKE. ****
hey bro, it's ur boy hector smiley

I want to solicit for your votes for the contestant i'm rooting for in this Mr nairaland contest. His profile link is on my signature. I'm sure you will be impressed with his threads when you visit his profile page as he has contributed actively in gracing front page.

Your votes will go along way in making him win this contest.

I'm looking foward to a positive reply from you Sir.

Thanks a lot.
Re: I Find It Difficult To Keep These Birds As Pet, Help by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jun 01, 2019
Mission accomplished. It's appealing mate sad
Re: I Find It Difficult To Keep These Birds As Pet, Help by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 02, 2019
flashh:
If you know him very well and threads he likes commenting on, you would understand and relate.Btw, you are welcome!

kiss
Re: I Find It Difficult To Keep These Birds As Pet, Help by Flashh: 9:27pm On Jul 20, 2019
shocked
Re: I Find It Difficult To Keep These Birds As Pet, Help by Flashh: 9:28pm On Jul 20, 2019
donjaky:

kiss
You called for me.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? / 10 Ways To Spot Dogs Owned By Poor People / Juliana, The Dog That Got Two Blue Cross Medals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.