Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,941 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? (31023 Views)

How Do I Bring My Cat From Singapore To Nigeria / I Want To Kill My Cat Or At Give It Out, A Vet That Can Kill Anywhere In Lagos? / Is This Animal Or Human Being? I'm Begging For An Answer Please! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Sep 21, 2022
Cat lovers in the house, I need your advise.

I have a cat that I buy cat food for, but this same cat doesn't seems to be content with only its food anymore and would eventually come to me with a big visible full stomach and still beg for food from me whenever I eat.

It wasn't like this before and it only started recently.

I don't believe in beating up domestic animals, especially cats, but I sometimes find myself fighting over a plate of food with this cat and whenever I try to shout at it, most of the time it would meow back at me instead of being frightened.

I'm worried that one day it's gonna display these same manners towards visitors when I offer them food and I know how a lot of black Africans hate cats and can't stand them.

What can I do to make it stop begging for food whenever I eat?

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Sep 21, 2022
Feed it well, obviously your cat isn’t having enough. I hate cats

176 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by proff010: 9:26pm On Sep 21, 2022
You don carry wetin pass you

212 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 21, 2022
I do feed it.. I make sure that there's always food and water in its bowls.
Rozross:
Feed it well, obviously your cat isn’t having enough. I hate cats

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by duro4chang(m): 9:34pm On Sep 21, 2022
Anytime it begs just begin to sing begi begi e no good o, buy your own o e go better

456 Likes 30 Shares

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by budaatum: 9:35pm On Sep 21, 2022
Why buy it cat food when it obviously likes what you eat?

My neighbours' cats always visit my house for food even though their owners feed them well from what I can see from their big fat bellys.

I think it's because I buy them premium food which I can afford as I'm not their main food provider.

You misstrained your cat by feeding it your food in the first place, and now you need to find a way to detrain it.

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by MatrixReloaded: 9:36pm On Sep 21, 2022
Cats are my worst pet because of their evil tendency. Cat can blind your eyes for no reason. One of my neighbours cat always want boiled egg. So anytime I visit with boil egg that's how it will follow me with the hunch back up and down.

Not being superstitious, evil means they can harm with their claws just as they can slice with their fangs just stepping on them but if a dog it will only whine but won't bite.
Samantha123:
Those are just superstitious beliefs. grin grin

Apart from mine lacking a bit of manners, cats are lovely pets..

25 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Cypress042(m): 9:37pm On Sep 21, 2022
I pray your lovely cat don't cross part me or with people who share same mentality with me..

Because the story won't end well undecided

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 21, 2022
I admit that in the past I would sometimes give in to it's begging, but I didn't think it would turn out this way.

I knew it was wrong, but I don't know why I did it and most of the time I like spicy food, which I don't think they're healthy for the cat.
budaatum:
Why buy it cat food when it obviously likes what you eat?

My neighbours' cats always visit my house for food even though their owners feed them well from what I can see from their big fat bellys.

I think it's because I buy them premium food which I can afford as I'm not their main food provider.

You misstrained your cat by feeding it your food in the first place, and now you need to find a way to detrain it.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 21, 2022
Those are just superstitious beliefs. grin grin

Apart from mine lacking a bit of manners, cats are lovely pets..
MatrixReloaded:
Cats are my worst pet because of their evil tendency. Cat can blind your eyes for no reason. One of my neighbours cat always want boiled egg. So anytime I visit with boil egg that's how it will follow me with the hunch back up and down.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 21, 2022
I see.. grin grin
Cypress042:
I pray that your lovely cat don't cross part me or with people who share same mentality with me..

Because the story won't end well undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by budaatum: 9:51pm On Sep 21, 2022
Samantha123:
I admit that in the past I would sometimes give in to it's begging, but I didn't think it would turn out this way.

I knew it was wrong, but I don't know why I did it and most of the time I like spicy food, which I don't think they're healthy for the cat.

Well, you not thinking it would turn out this way, was training for the cat.

You'd hopefully learn from it because children learn bad behaviour the same way from their parents who "sometimes give in" and "didn't think it would turn out this way".

22 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 21, 2022
I know.. cry cry
budaatum:

Well, you not thinking it would turn out this way, was training for the cat.

You'd hopefully learn from it because children learn bad behaviour the same way from their parents who "sometimes give in" and "didn't think it would turn out this way".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by NeoWanZaeed(m): 10:11pm On Sep 21, 2022
MatrixReloaded:
Dibia son

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by waso12: 11:43pm On Sep 22, 2022
It means you're not feeding it enough cheesy. Don't get me serious, it's just a joke. What I can say here, stand firm and ignore the begging – If your cat is crying or begging, try not to indulge them – simply ignore them or walk away. Eventually they'll focus their attention elsewhere. It may seem hard, but patience is key. If you're sure you feed him/her enough then use a "Slow feeding Cat Bowl". It's a bowl with a cute shape of a flower I guess and your cat just eats slower from this bowl, because it's more difficult to get food from it. If you still couldn't understand what I'm talking about check their https://myindoorkitty.com/ article named "Best Cat Bowls For Fast Eaters (Slow feeding Cat Bowl Reviews) 2022".

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by harmargedon: 12:19pm On Sep 23, 2022
Samantha123:
Cat lovers in the house, I need your advise.

I have a cat that I buy cat food for, but this same cat doesn't seems to be content with only its food anymore and would eventually come to me with a big visible full stomach and still beg for food from me whenever I eat.

It wasn't like this before and it only started recently.

I don't believe in beating up domestic animals, especially cats, but I sometimes find myself fighting over a plate of food with this cat and whenever I try to shout at it, most of the time it would meow back at me instead of being frightened.

I'm worried that one day it's gonna display these same manners towards visitors when I offer them food and I know how a lot of black Africans hate cats and can't stand them.

What can I do to make it stop begging for food whenever I eat?
you cant. dogs seem to be self controlled because they listen to commands. cats in turn dont listen to commands, so youll only have to ignore them.

6 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 23, 2022
Ignore them while eating from my plate
harmargedon:
you cant. dogs seem to be self controlled because they listen to commands. cats in turn dont listen to commands, so youll only have to ignore them.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by harmargedon: 8:24pm On Sep 23, 2022
Samantha123:
Ignore them while eating from my plate
don't let them, it's not healthy for you.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by emmabest2000(m): 10:58am On Oct 12, 2022
Which of your cat ?

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Dollarremix(m): 11:37am On Oct 12, 2022
Abeg carry your cat come Northern Nigeria for him Phd.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Sleyanya1(m): 12:08pm On Oct 12, 2022
Your post had me laughing. I pictured the cat as a human being.

It sounds like you're complaining about a problematic child smiley

Hope you find the solution you need.

21 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by garriAndsugar: 2:58pm On Oct 12, 2022
By eating it

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Holybaddo: 7:22pm On Oct 12, 2022
I heard cat meat is sweet grin

8 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 12, 2022
Ohw! This is super cute.. kiss kiss
emmabest2000:
Which of your cat ?
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 12, 2022
I'm not in Nigeria.
Dollarremix:
Abeg carry your cat come Northern Nigeria for him Phd.
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Oct 12, 2022
It's a problematic cat.. grin grin
Sleyanya1:
Your post had me laughing. I pictured the cat as a human being.

It sounds like you're complaining about a problematic child smiley

Hope you find the solution you need.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 10:54pm On Oct 12, 2022
Cats are not food.
garriAndsugar:
By eating it

5 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Oct 12, 2022
Eww! Disgusting.. cats are not food.
Holybaddo:
I heard cat meat is sweet grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by garriAndsugar: 10:56pm On Oct 12, 2022
Samantha123:
Cats are not food.
A trial will convince you

7 Likes

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Dollarremix(m): 12:40am On Oct 13, 2022
I'm not in Nigeria.

Let me marry you,so you will relocate to Nigeria.
Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Holybaddo: 1:52am On Oct 13, 2022
Samantha123:
Eww! Disgusting.. cats are not food.
taste the meat and you will want more grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Stop My Cat From Begging For Food? by Sleyanya1(m): 10:54am On Oct 13, 2022
Samantha123:
It's a problematic cat.. grin grin

I see grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Six Sheep Take On A Dog In A Funny Fight (Video) / Photos From Abuja's Dog Walk / I Find It Difficult To Keep These Birds As Pet, Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.