Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,777 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm (52861 Views)

Snake Wrapped Under A Gas Cylinder, As Man Raises Alarm / Earthquake Hits Sambang Dagi, Kaduna State / Earthquake Causes Panic In Bayelsa And Rivers States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by Checked86: 1:04pm On Jun 28, 2016
Someone just betrayed his Nursery school teachers,who taught him how to recite the nigerian states and their capitals.
Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by sbabimbola(f): 1:06pm On Jun 28, 2016
human activities detrimental to human since creations....
Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by Lagosian29(m): 1:07pm On Jun 28, 2016
adjoviomole:
i pray it will not happen. i had a dream of an earthquake here in lagos about some few days ago..................................................thank God my dreams dont manifest in real life sha.............................. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

HOE-LOW-SHE

1 Like

Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by cornel994(m): 1:09pm On Jun 28, 2016
Porthacourt and Warri is nw a state o
Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by olawalepopoola: 1:10pm On Jun 28, 2016
Dr. Adepelumi is a renowned geophysicist and seimologist. He taught me as an adjunct lecturer in LAUTECH. Nigeria is located on the eastern part of the west African craton located precisely in Ghana. This shows that our country is not 100 percent seismically stable. The RRF model of the separation of the South America and Africa culminated in the formation of a failed arm of a rift zone, which formed the Benue trough (Benue state is located on the Mid-Benue trough). If this third arm of the rift had been successful, Africa would have been divided into 2. All the states mentioned apart from Shaki, Oyo state are located around this failed arm of the rift zone, which may be on the way to be reactivated. As for the Shaki area, it is located on the major pegmatitic belt of Nigeria that trends from SW-NE and are majorly mineralized. Pegmatites are formed when magma intrudes a fault, cools and solidifies. So it is possible that this may also be reactivated. So it is advisable that the FG sets up seismic and awareness monitoring group to inform people about this. These regions if not monitored may be consumed and lost to "TECTONISM"

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 28, 2016
adjoviomole:
i pray it will not happen. i had a dream of an earthquake here in lagos about some few days ago..................................................thank God my dreams dont manifest in real life sha.............................. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by adjoviomole(m): 1:16pm On Jun 28, 2016
Lagosian29:

HOE-LOW-SHE

heleribu
Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by Abelpeters: 1:16pm On Jun 28, 2016
lagos always at d risk of environmental(water) disaster.
Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by xxgig(m): 1:16pm On Jun 28, 2016
goodlifehyd:
When warri and porthacourt become state even shaki self don turn state...lol
WARRI, PH AND SHAKI MAY NOT BE STATES, BUT THEY REPRESENT THREE DIFFERENT STATES- DELTA, RIVERS, AND OYO STATES RESPECTIVELY.
Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by dukeprince50: 1:17pm On Jun 28, 2016
Why is this year so bad for this country? Economy, governance, militancy, terrorist, president, earthquake. End time will be epic, lookin forward 2 it.
Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by adjoviomole(m): 1:18pm On Jun 28, 2016
Resurgence:

i am actually crios, wen i saw dis post i got more scared. but my dreams have never manifested b4 in rel life,so nothing to be scared about ok wink
Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by maleeks(m): 1:19pm On Jun 28, 2016
SirVintageCock:
God undecided we ain't ready for this sh!t, try Japan or USA. Thanks. undecided
my kinda dude 8-)
Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by godswilld10(m): 1:20pm On Jun 28, 2016
Lykar:
Thank God warri is there. I need to experience what nature to offer for once shuoo...no one shd call me crazy
what do u mean
Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by Lagosian29(m): 1:23pm On Jun 28, 2016
adjoviomole:

heleribu

WEAVIN ..

1 Like

Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by Raph01: 1:24pm On Jun 28, 2016
xxgig:
WARRI, PH AND SHAKI MAY NOT BE STATES, BUT THEY REPRESENT THREE DIFFERENT STATES- DELTA, RIVERS, AND OYO STATES RESPECTIVELY.
Thank U my broda... I've been waiting for sum1 as sensible as U 2 answer those guys who knw nothang buh come here 2 brag their prowess in politics and education... even the lady who's FTC is jes, I dnt knw
Thunderlicious:

That tells you how FAKE and USELESS the news. The mod has to be high on sambisa weed to put this on FP?

and this one too, who thinks he knwz it all
Checked86:
Someone just betrayed his Nursery school teachers,who taught him how to recite the nigerian states and their capitals.

1 Like

Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 28, 2016
adjoviomole:

i am actually crios, wen i saw dis post i got more scared. but my dreams have never manifested b4 in rel life,so nothing to be scared about ok wink

I'm referring to your grammar lipsrsealed
Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 28, 2016
godswilld10:

what do u mean
So till u go die u dont wanna experience all these extremely rare natural occurences like tornado, wild storms, earthquakes? Dude leave me alone to what i like if u no like wetin i like

1 Like

Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by Martartins(m): 1:31pm On Jun 28, 2016
na only riverine states o
Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by trilobite: 1:31pm On Jun 28, 2016
olawalepopoola:
Dr. Adepelumi is a renowned geophysicist and seimologist. He taught me as an adjunct lecturer in LAUTECH. Nigeria is located on the eastern part of the west African craton located precisely in Ghana. This shows that our country is not 100 percent seismically stable. The RRF model of the separation of the South America and Africa culminated in the formation of a failed arm of a rift zone, which formed the Benue trough (Benue state is located on the Mid-Benue trough). If this third arm of the rift had been successful, Africa would have been divided into 2. All the states mentioned apart from Shaki, Oyo state are located around this failed arm of the rift zone, which may be on the way to be reactivated. As for the Shaki area, it is located on the major pegmatitic belt of Nigeria that trends from SW-NE and are majorly mineralized. Pegmatites are formed when magma intrudes a fault, cools and solidifies. So it is possible that this may also be reactivated. So it is advisable that the FG sets up seismic and awareness monitoring group to inform people about this. These regions if not monitored may be consumed and lost to "TECTONISM"

I Don' t think its due to pegmatite formation. More studies need to be carried out. Let's not hastily conclude. But I trust their report will be ignored.

Imagine ignorant people talking about state and capital, instead of talking about saving lives that will be lost when the quake hits (cause it will).

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by Pyno30: 1:35pm On Jun 28, 2016
cindybella101:
No source ? Is port-harcourt and warri a state ?
OAU students at their best.
Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by Abdul4trust1(m): 1:49pm On Jun 28, 2016
cindybella101:
No source ?
Is port-harcourt and warri a state ?
the Op Is Specific In Lagos, Ph And Warri.
Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 28, 2016
adjoviomole:
wen u win lottery of 10m for dream nko?
Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by AreaFada2: 1:52pm On Jun 28, 2016
Mikehell:
OP, pls add the sauce grin source na grin grin grin grin

And amala. grin cheesy
Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by carinmom(f): 2:02pm On Jun 28, 2016
RIZLER:
earthquake is not synonymous with Africa
Exactly because Africa is sitting on a single continental plate.
Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by bamirotola: 2:03pm On Jun 28, 2016
SirVintageCock:
God undecided we ain't ready for this sh!t, try Japan or USA. Thanks. undecided

I guess you don't have any family there? Or your children or relative won't go there one day... your sense is paining you... receive your healing!!! #pohh

Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by efemena24(m): 2:10pm On Jun 28, 2016
Lykar:
Thank God warri is there. I need to experience what nature has to offer for once shuoo...no one shd call me crazy
you're crazy. Since, you want to experience what nature has to offer, I pray it happens in your house
Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by centboy123456(m): 2:14pm On Jun 28, 2016
adjoviomole:

Are u sure mr are u telling us the true
Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by Kylekent59: 2:15pm On Jun 28, 2016
Y lagos
Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by Clinton594(m): 2:15pm On Jun 28, 2016
Why haven't I seen anybody commenting "proudly 5% er"
Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by Bimpe29: 2:36pm On Jun 28, 2016
cindybella101:
No source ?
Is port-harcourt and warri a state ?
Thank you jare, some people sabi confuse person. Are state and city not different for God sake?
Re: 6 States At The Risk Of Earthquake – Researchers Raise Alarm by Charly68: 2:43pm On Jun 28, 2016
God dey vex with our leaders. Father please separate the innocents from the wicked men & women in the land.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

70-Year-Old Malnourished Elephant Performing In Sri Lanka Goes Viral / World’s Largest Shark Ever Caught / SA Man Scares Crocodiles Away By Flashing His Unclad Butts At Them (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.