Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,900 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:48 PM

What Will The Yorubas Remember Former President Olusegun Obasanjo For? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Will The Yorubas Remember Former President Olusegun Obasanjo For? (693 Views)

Sule Lamido Visits Obasanjo For Consultation Over Presidential Ambition / Blame Obasanjo For Nigeria’s Energy Crisis –atiku / Doyin Okupe Prostrates, Begs Obasanjo For Forgiveness (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Will The Yorubas Remember Former President Olusegun Obasanjo For? by Ayomide93(m): 12:35pm On Jun 28, 2016
Bada Yusuf a columnist asked the question of what the Ex President would be remembered for in his open letter to the former military head of state and the first democratic president?
I remember when Olusegun Obasanjo came to Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun-State earlier this year. I saw ''BABA IYABO'' as he was fondly call a very strong willed man who wouldn't lower his guards because you felt he was wrong. In his word he said we Nigerians would never appreciate any former head of State for the roles they played positively. He consistently blamed the past administration for the present state of the Nigeria economy. He likened former President Jonathan to the Prodigal son who never thought it well to go beg his father for forgiveness.
President Obasanjo never agreed for once that he was to be blamed for the present day Nigeria. He stated categorically that he tried his best for his country.
In my own humble Opinion, we saw the advent of true democracy in the time of OBJ. Despite him being the one who gave the National Assembly this monopoly of power, I still strongly believed baba was actually one of the heros of our present day democracy.
I never knew the late SAGE Obafemi Jeremiah Awololwo, but the Obasanjo I knew did a lot for this country and I certainly believed he neglected the Yorubas and concentrated more on the northerners, maybe because he believed they are the least developed geopolitical zone in Nigeria.

Attached is the piece from Bada Yusuf in his letter to the former head of state. http://akpraise.com/open-letter-what-will-yorubas-remember-obasanjo-for/

Again I ask, what would former President Olusegun Aremu Okikiola Obasanjo be remembered for by the Yorubas when he eventually go to the great beyond?
Re: What Will The Yorubas Remember Former President Olusegun Obasanjo For? by ITbomb(m): 12:51pm On Jun 28, 2016
Bola Ige
Re: What Will The Yorubas Remember Former President Olusegun Obasanjo For? by kettle84(m): 12:57pm On Jun 28, 2016
ITbomb:
Bola Ige
I will be remembered for being president of no achievement for his people.
Re: What Will The Yorubas Remember Former President Olusegun Obasanjo For? by blackboy2star(m): 1:00pm On Jun 28, 2016
Will be remembered for sleeping with his son wife... That's if the story is true cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Will The Yorubas Remember Former President Olusegun Obasanjo For? by MRSALT: 1:10pm On Jun 28, 2016
Remembered for spending $16 billion in generating 0MW of electricity or the only President whose daughter can communicate with through open letters.

1 Like

Re: What Will The Yorubas Remember Former President Olusegun Obasanjo For? by Ayomide93(m): 1:11pm On Jun 28, 2016
MRSALT:
Remembered for spending $16 billion in generating 0MW of electricity or the only President whose daughter can communicate with through open letters.
Lol, what of GEJ administration?
Re: What Will The Yorubas Remember Former President Olusegun Obasanjo For? by jmichlins(m): 1:14pm On Jun 28, 2016
You see that phone you used to ask that question,that is what you will be remembered for
Re: What Will The Yorubas Remember Former President Olusegun Obasanjo For? by CHIJIOKE1314: 1:15pm On Jun 28, 2016
This important thread, I'm afraid may not have lots of comments..

Op, if you change the topic to 'IGBO' or 'Biafra' then all the Yoruba Monikers on NL would gather like vultures on corpse to share their views on what's not..

Instead of you guys to cease the opportunity to educate Nigerians in what you think Yorubas would remember OBJ for, you are viewing and running away as if OBJ don't deserve to be remembered by Yorubas. .

Pls quote me.. !

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: What Will The Yorubas Remember Former President Olusegun Obasanjo For? by yhemsy62(m): 1:22pm On Jun 28, 2016
OBJ will forever be cursed in Yoruba land cuz he brings nothing I mean nothing tangible to the Yoruba land
Re: What Will The Yorubas Remember Former President Olusegun Obasanjo For? by Ayomide93(m): 2:01pm On Jun 28, 2016
CHIJIOKE1314:
This important thread, I'm afraid may not have lots of comments..

Op, if you change the topic to 'IGBO' or 'Biafra' then all the Yoruba Monikers on NL would gather like vultures on corpse to share their views on what's not..

Instead of you guys to cease the opportunity to educate Nigerians in what you think Yorubas would remember OBJ for, you are viewing and running away as if OBJ don't deserve to be remembered by Yorubas. .

Pls quote me.. !

Thank you.
Thanks... Personally, I know he did a lot. But we live in a society where if you don't benefit directly from good, then it amounts to nothing.

1 Like

Re: What Will The Yorubas Remember Former President Olusegun Obasanjo For? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 28, 2016
1. $16billion power scam 2. Bola Ige 3. Private Bells university and Private farm 4. Yaradua and Jonathan 5. Nigeria jaga jaga

1 Like

Re: What Will The Yorubas Remember Former President Olusegun Obasanjo For? by ahaika23: 3:08pm On Jun 28, 2016
Making sure Benin-Ore road kills his people everyday.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Moving Forward- Bishop Oyedepo / Dino Melaye Denies Instigating Impeachment Moves Against President Buhari / PHOTOS: Minister Of Finance,adeosun And Gov. Ganduje At National Revenue Retreat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.