Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,922 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

The Best Sponge Cake Recipe - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Best Sponge Cake Recipe (11918 Views)

The Best Coconut Sponge Cake Recipe / How To Bake Perfect Yummy Sponge Cake Without Oven / The Best Sponge Cake Recipe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Sponge Cake Recipe by TWoods(m): 10:59pm On Dec 10, 2017
CassieV:

Nice.. I was just about to ask how it turned out. Enjoy!

Thanks, it came out nice. I'd say baking is about 40 or 45 minutes, depending. Tastes good and fluffy, for the first time in my life! cheesy
Re: The Best Sponge Cake Recipe by marylandcakes: 11:28pm On Dec 10, 2017
TWoods:
I followed the video from beginning to the end, then realised just as i was about to put the baking tins in the oven that it did not mention the addition of baking powder! undecided

I added baking powder to the batter just before putting in the oven. Fingers crossed.

So adding the baking powder at the end did work. The cake has risen and so far so good. However, it takes more than 30 minutes to bake! I'm doing about an hour right now.

Very good, baking time depends on your pans and oven so time may vary +or-
Re: The Best Sponge Cake Recipe by marylandcakes: 11:30pm On Dec 10, 2017
TWoods:

Thanks, it came out nice. I'd say baking is about 40 or 45 minutes, depending. Tastes good and fluffy, for the first time in my life! cheesy

Very good I hope you kept mine and hope you will watch more of my videos for more cake recipes. Take care.
Re: The Best Sponge Cake Recipe by marylandcakes: 11:48pm On Dec 10, 2017
TWoods:
I followed the video from beginning to the end, then realised just as i was about to put the baking tins in the oven that it did not mention the addition of baking powder! undecided

I added baking powder to the batter just before putting in the oven. Fingers crossed.

So adding the baking powder at the end did work. The cake has risen and so far so good. However, it takes more than 30 minutes to bake! I'm doing about an hour right now.

The baking powder was added to the flour at the beginning, sorry for the confusion.
Re: The Best Sponge Cake Recipe by CassieV(f): 9:59am On Dec 11, 2017
TWoods:

Lol congrats..

By the way, I am a fan. Keep up the good work.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peak Milk New TV Commercials / Current Price Of Bag Of Rice, Beans And Foodstuff In Nigeria. Month Of June / Is Food Scarce In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.