Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,316 members, 7,819,071 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

BVN; Is It Lawful For The Government To Ask For It? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BVN; Is It Lawful For The Government To Ask For It? (456 Views)

IPOB: We Will Only Support Lawful Agitations - House Of Reps / Senate Has No Lawful Authority To Invite Hameed Ali – Falana / I Shall Remain Lawful No Matter The Provocation- Sheriff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

BVN; Is It Lawful For The Government To Ask For It? by TopsyKrete: 8:02am On Jun 29, 2016
I was on the website of N-Power when I noticed that the BVN was requested.

Is this not a scam?
Re: BVN; Is It Lawful For The Government To Ask For It? by CuteTj(m): 8:48am On Jun 29, 2016
TopsyKrete:
I was on the website of N-Power when I noticed that the BVN was requested.

Is this not a scam?
Answering the question asked in the topic - Of course it's lawful for the government to ask for your BVN. The BVN is just like the SSN used by citizens of developed countries. It contains data about you. The government can use it to track it's citizens with the info contained on it which is lawful.

Answering if its not a scam - That I don't know. What scammers usually ask for is your account number, atm card number and pin but not BVN. Because someone has your BVN doesn't mean they can access your account unlike having your account number and the above listed info.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE: INEC Present Certificate Of Return To Uche Ogah As New Governor Of Eb / My Victory; A Victory For Good Over Evil...... IKPEAZU / Buhari Did Not Marginalized The South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.