Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,642 members, 7,820,251 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

BRT Buses Damaged By Sellers At Maryland - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / BRT Buses Damaged By Sellers At Maryland (50686 Views)

End Of Danfo As LASG Is Set To Roll Out 300 New BRT Buses Oct. 1st / Will Ambode’s 5000 New BRT Buses Solve The Lagos Traffic Challenge? (see PHOTOS) / Lagos New BRT Buses: Analyzing The Facts And Figures - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BRT Buses Damaged By Sellers At Maryland by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 29, 2016
LivingDiamond:
Illiteracy at its peak!
AfribaryChika:
Who go lose? Well, what do I expect from illiterates. Go school them no go gree. School shapes us even if you do not get that Shell Job
Do you know what aggravated them? Don't just come here and type nonsense. A brt knocked down a seller on that spot about 2 hours ago.

They could have channelled their grievances another way though. The seller that was knocked down was been chased by [size=25pt] KAI OFFICIALS.[/size]
Re: BRT Buses Damaged By Sellers At Maryland by Untainted007: 3:17pm On Jun 29, 2016
Firstly, may the departed soul rest in peace. When government chased these guys off the road, are they (goverment) going to put foods on their table? I know hawking in the traffic is bad but before u eradicate a system you don't like, there should be an alternative to cater for the eradicated ones. KAI officials are political touts that are offered job because they worked for the party when the need arose. They hawkers whould have face the KAI officials instead of destroying what they use Nigerians money to purchase. The BRT buses are jointly ours.

2 Likes

Re: BRT Buses Damaged By Sellers At Maryland by sundayslim(m): 3:18pm On Jun 29, 2016
haywire07:
Dey risk ur life cos of nairaland live update

I entered an unlocked gate nearby and got a good view from there.
Free food sef.
Re: BRT Buses Damaged By Sellers At Maryland by ismayl: 3:19pm On Jun 29, 2016
i just opened a new topic and cant find it. seun pls where is it?
Re: BRT Buses Damaged By Sellers At Maryland by Okijajuju1(m): 3:19pm On Jun 29, 2016
sundayslim:
More Than 20 BRT Buses Damaged By Sellers At Maryland

I just witnessed this right now!
A street haeket was killed after being knocked down by a BRT bus and this led to more than 20 BRT buses being damaged by other hawkers and hoodlums.

Lagos ambulance was swift to arrive the scene but no sign of any security agency right now.

I got a small video but it isn't too clear because I had to run for my own life.

Pictures after the cut

This isn't nice.

Lalasticlala

The Good news is that there will be a major crackdown on road sellers by the Lagos State Government.

They are illegal anyways.

1 Like

Re: BRT Buses Damaged By Sellers At Maryland by Sharon4u(f): 3:20pm On Jun 29, 2016
I just drove pass Ikorodu axis,saw a young chap been stab several time by some fierce looking guy who later took him away,the whole place was so rowdy,thank God i got to my office safe.
Re: BRT Buses Damaged By Sellers At Maryland by loomer: 3:21pm On Jun 29, 2016
Akshow:
One is born every minute in Nigeria, i mean MOoRONS. I call them moooorons because

One, brt has its Lane,
Two, what is a hawker doing hawking in the direct path of a bus?
Three, govt may decide to ban hawking, who loss
Four, govt doesn't use brt, it's the poor masses that do. Destroy or burn it, who go loss?

Oga leave all these things u dey list. Brt drivers self no dey try, them dey drive like say na them be all in all.

1 Like

Re: BRT Buses Damaged By Sellers At Maryland by ismayl: 3:22pm On Jun 29, 2016
sundayslim:

I entered an unlocked gate nearby and got a good view from there.

Free food sef.

ah !!!!! see bulldog behind u
Re: BRT Buses Damaged By Sellers At Maryland by OBAGADAFFI: 3:22pm On Jun 29, 2016
Okijajuju1:

The Good news is that there will be a major crackdown on road sellers by the Lagos State Government.

They are illegal anyways.

What is Illegal about what they are doing.
Re: BRT Buses Damaged By Sellers At Maryland by xynerise: 3:23pm On Jun 29, 2016
Time to ban those morons

1 Like

Re: BRT Buses Damaged By Sellers At Maryland by sundayslim(m): 3:23pm On Jun 29, 2016
VeniceTown:
How many BRT buses de park for one bus stop when 20 go damage at once ? Lies errywhere. Meanwhile BRT drivers are worse than Peace Mass Transit. Even with their own lane, they still can't maintain sanity.

If you know anything about what's going on in Lagos you'd know that the BRT lanes around Maryland to Yaba axis are undergoing some reconstruction so even the BRT buses have to pass the normal lanes that everyone else uses.

The strategy is to still give them a kind of lane so they can follow each other to avoid gridlock.

There was majors traffic jam this afternoon so its not unusual that other BRT buses will "meet" their colleagues that are stuck in traffic.

I was at the scene so be rest assures the numbers are accurate. I counted 20 damages buses but there were more down the road.

I couldn't get there because I don't have extra life.

3 Likes

Re: BRT Buses Damaged By Sellers At Maryland by idupaul: 3:23pm On Jun 29, 2016
sundayslim:
Policemen just arrived the scene and are firing shots in the air. Please let me run small. Recoils of these shots are life threatening.
Short video in a bit

Rocoil.? How can the recoil of a rifle be life threatening to you not baring the arm ..I am sure you meant to say richochet

2 Likes

Re: BRT Buses Damaged By Sellers At Maryland by hotspec(m): 3:26pm On Jun 29, 2016
olimeh13:
You said "more than 20 BRT buses damage at Maryland Lagos" but you just snap and upload only on bus. ..
You guys are looking for easy front-page and ethnic bashing... please continue...

Dear OP.. you deserve to be handle this way..
If it were u, would u stay to snap the 20 buses? u too deserve that punishment for ur illogical comment.

2 Likes

Re: BRT Buses Damaged By Sellers At Maryland by Okijajuju1(m): 3:27pm On Jun 29, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

What is Illegal about what they are doing.

Hawking on a class A Highway... Do you need any special laws to tell you how dangerous that is?

And yes it's illegal to hawk on a highway or on corner streets not designated for such.

2 Likes

Re: BRT Buses Damaged By Sellers At Maryland by sundayslim(m): 3:28pm On Jun 29, 2016
olimeh13:
You said "more than 20 BRT buses damage at Maryland Lagos" but you just snap and upload only on bus. ..
You guys are looking for easy front-page and ethnic bashing... please continue...

Those pictures were from different buses.

You expect me to be snapping and numbering the buses? U sef harsh ooo... Haha I no get extra life ooo

1 Like

Re: BRT Buses Damaged By Sellers At Maryland by jeje123(m): 3:29pm On Jun 29, 2016
sundayslim:
Men of the Nigerian army have been deployed to handle the situation.

All hoodlums fled at the sight of these gallant men.

I've never seen such respect for uniform.

People were even standing with the policemen but I can't see a soul anywhere near 100-200ft of these soldiers.
Soldier loko iya won grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: BRT Buses Damaged By Sellers At Maryland by BabaO2: 3:29pm On Jun 29, 2016
AfribaryChika:
Who go lose? Well, what do I expect from illiterates. Go school them no go gree. School shapes us even if you do not get that Shell Job
That's not the point. Those guys guys driving BRT have poor and complex mindsets, they believe they can kill or bash cars and get away with it mere because they are driving Lagos State owned Buses. At Bus stops where they are to be mindful of people crossing the road, you will see them speeding up. Lagos state government need to sack all the present drivers and employ new set of drivers with proper orientation and training.
Re: BRT Buses Damaged By Sellers At Maryland by Jozzy1063: 3:29pm On Jun 29, 2016
Sorry abt d death of d hawker, but havin a critical luk at d behaviour of hawkers in Lagos, after so much enforcement and restriction. I think hawking should be banned in some areas for safety of live and property with imprisonment of defaulters. Price of transportation for d rest of d year wl definitely increase as cost of damages.

1 Like

Re: BRT Buses Damaged By Sellers At Maryland by ifeoluwasegun(m): 3:31pm On Jun 29, 2016
Oh Nairaland, thou is worth more than someone's life!
Re: BRT Buses Damaged By Sellers At Maryland by texazzpete(m): 3:31pm On Jun 29, 2016
BabaO2:

That's not the point. Those guys guys driving BRT have poor and complex mindsets, they believe they can kill or bash cars and get away with it mere because they are driving Lagos State owned Buses. At Bus stops where they are to be mindful of people crossing the road, you will see them speeding up. Lagos state government need to sack all the present drivers and employ new set of drivers with proper orientation and training.

Please learn the facts before spouting nonsense.

KAI officials were chasing a hawker who ran into the path of an incoming BRT bus. The BRT driver cannot be blamed.

3 Likes

Re: BRT Buses Damaged By Sellers At Maryland by Iceberg3: 3:32pm On Jun 29, 2016
olatunjithomas:
hunhun......a sound reason to ban road side Hawking.

park of fools
don't worry,you'll all have your share of the government's "WROUGHT"...

nepa bill degree holder.
Just say it,whatever bulshiit in ur dirty mind,plainly,loser.
Re: BRT Buses Damaged By Sellers At Maryland by sundayslim(m): 3:32pm On Jun 29, 2016
idupaul:

Rocoil.? How can the recoil of a rifle be life threatening to you not baring the arm ..I am sure you meant to say richochet

I watched a video of how a shot was fired and the bullet came back to kill someone.

Maybe I didn't describe it well.

Thanks for helping out.
Re: BRT Buses Damaged By Sellers At Maryland by pcagbaji(m): 3:34pm On Jun 29, 2016
sundayslim:
Men of the Nigerian army have been deployed to handle the situation.

All hoodlums fled at the sight of these gallant men.

I've never seen such respect for uniform.

People were even standing with the policemen but I can't see a soul anywhere near 100-200ft of these soldiers.

Your hatred for the police is alaming
Re: BRT Buses Damaged By Sellers At Maryland by tomakint: 3:37pm On Jun 29, 2016
olimeh13:

Funny dude grin grin

1 Like

Re: BRT Buses Damaged By Sellers At Maryland by Pyno30: 3:39pm On Jun 29, 2016
But you said more than 20 nah, i'm seeing more than 1 wich is two.
Re: BRT Buses Damaged By Sellers At Maryland by otokx(m): 3:39pm On Jun 29, 2016
Akshow:
One is born every minute in Nigeria, i mean MOoRONS. I call them moooorons because

One, brt has its Lane,
Two, what is a hawker doing hawking in the direct path of a bus?
Three, govt may decide to ban hawking, who loss
Four, govt doesn't use brt, it's the poor masses that do. Destroy or burn it, who go loss?

Power of education is in rational thinking but mob action is another thing.
Re: BRT Buses Damaged By Sellers At Maryland by idupaul: 3:44pm On Jun 29, 2016
sundayslim:

I watched a video of how a shot was fired and the bullet came back to kill someone.

Maybe I didn't describe it well.

Thanks for helping out.

That's called a richochet ..a recoil is the backward motion of a rifle against the firers shoulder when he press the trigger . Hope Maryland is calm now ..I just pity those road sellers because Lagos Govt will raid the all week

2 Likes

Re: BRT Buses Damaged By Sellers At Maryland by olatunjithomas(m): 3:45pm On Jun 29, 2016
Iceberg3:

nepa bill degree holder.
Just say it,whatever bulshiit in ur dirty mind,plainly,loser.

oh!! you're here? I thought you're out there Hawking,
that must mean you made quick sales today.

I'm not in mood to blast someone today,nd meanwhile,you came to read post nd nd not comments.........just fvck off nd never return......
Re: BRT Buses Damaged By Sellers At Maryland by snadguy007(m): 3:52pm On Jun 29, 2016
Jozzy1063:
Sorry abt d death of d hawker, but havin a critical luk at d behaviour of hawkers in Lagos, after so much enforcement and restriction. I think hawking should be banned in some areas for safety of live and property with imprisonment of defaulters. Price of transportation for d rest of d year wl definitely increase as cost of damages.
The cos of damages will be bore by the insurance company
Re: BRT Buses Damaged By Sellers At Maryland by OBAGADAFFI: 3:57pm On Jun 29, 2016
Okijajuju1:

Hawking on a class A Highway grin... Do you need any special laws to tell you how dangerous that is?

And yes it's illegal to hawk on a highway or on corner streets not designated for such.

You are talking about an Ideal society and Nigeria is not one yet.

If hawking is illegal, is Touting legal?
Re: BRT Buses Damaged By Sellers At Maryland by Abbeyme: 4:03pm On Jun 29, 2016
zlatan10:
why will a responsible and civilised citizen of this country think of destroying something that was created by government with his TAX MONEY

That is if they pay TAX...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Royal Caribbean's Wonder Of The Seas: Inside The World's Largest Cruise Ship / Titanic Submersible: Missing Craft Has About 40 Hours Of 'breathable Air Left' / A Nairalander's Visit To Agulu Lake Hotel, Anambra For Christmas Party (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.