Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,058 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:41 PM

BRT Bus Kills Hawker In Maryland Lagos, While Fleeing From KAI Officials - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / BRT Bus Kills Hawker In Maryland Lagos, While Fleeing From KAI Officials (47172 Views)

IMT Student Murders Sex Worker In Enugu, Caught While Fleeing (More Graphic Pics / Oshodi Thugs Beat Lagos KAI Officials Blue Black (photos) / KAI Officials Apprehend Boys Urinating On 3rd Mainland Bridge In Lagos (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BRT Bus Kills Hawker In Maryland Lagos, While Fleeing From KAI Officials by Izonpikin: 7:21pm On Jun 29, 2016
leave these kids to sell and make a living...the government does not give a shittt about them...what is wrong with this country...USELESS KAIIII... angry angry
Re: BRT Bus Kills Hawker In Maryland Lagos, While Fleeing From KAI Officials by hardbody: 7:36pm On Jun 29, 2016
AnonyNymous:
To think that police employed to PROTECT us are the ones getting us killed
This however is a KAI officer. He probably chased her because she was doing something wrong.
She killed herself, the officer was just doing his job

I know what I wish for you for saying this but the banning rules won't let me say it. I am just saying Amen to my evil thoughts for you. It shall come to pass
Re: BRT Bus Kills Hawker In Maryland Lagos, While Fleeing From KAI Officials by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 29, 2016
hardbody:

I know what I wish for you for saying this but the banning rules won't let me say it. I am just saying Amen to my evil thoughts for you. It shall come to pass
Problem with religious people. Yet they say they are people of peace and love.
Re: BRT Bus Kills Hawker In Maryland Lagos, While Fleeing From KAI Officials by Ihsan6(m): 7:45pm On Jun 29, 2016
molydonhenry:
There are more deaths in buhari's 1yr than ever. Chai he's surely a punishment from God

*modified*
Only zombies will quote me saying rubbish because they have lost their senses, they see through the mouth and feed through the nose
you are a better zombie for say dis. How many pple died of bomb blast under Jonathan compared to buhari? So na buhari dey killed pple wey die? Na buhari kill Steven keahi, amodu, rita Kosoko, ojb abi? Go get a life

1 Like

Re: BRT Bus Kills Hawker In Maryland Lagos, While Fleeing From KAI Officials by popcykaylah(m): 7:50pm On Jun 29, 2016
omobs:
Chai, I blame buhari
Chai You need education
Re: BRT Bus Kills Hawker In Maryland Lagos, While Fleeing From KAI Officials by hardbody: 7:51pm On Jun 29, 2016
AnonyNymous:

Problem with religious people. Yet they say they are people of peace and love.

You must be on some cheap drugs else how in double hell can you classify me as religious? I believe in the law of moses...an eye for an eye......even if it makes the world go blind
Re: BRT Bus Kills Hawker In Maryland Lagos, While Fleeing From KAI Officials by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 29, 2016
hardbody:

You must be on some cheap drugs else how in double hell can you classify me as religious? I believe in the law of moses...an eye for an eye......even if it makes the world go blind
do you know the meaning of religious? good bye lol i have nothing else to say to you grin . . . just keep thinking your evil thoughts eh?
Re: BRT Bus Kills Hawker In Maryland Lagos, While Fleeing From KAI Officials by molydonhenry(m): 8:02pm On Jun 29, 2016
Ihsan6:
you are a better zombie for say dis. How many pple died of bomb blast under Jonathan compared to buhari? So na buhari dey killed pple wey die? Na buhari kill Steven keahi, amodu, rita Kosoko, ojb abi? Go get a life
I'v life in abundance, to help your dying one.

During Jonathan's regime, there were lost and gain of life, people died and babies were born, there was balance of life and death.

What do you have now, only deaths - economic, financial, material, physical, environmental and even spiritual deaths. Now couples are afraid to have more than 2 kids
Re: BRT Bus Kills Hawker In Maryland Lagos, While Fleeing From KAI Officials by Ihsan6(m): 8:14pm On Jun 29, 2016
molydonhenry:
I'v life in abundance, to help your dying one.

During Jonathan's regime, there were lost and gain of life, people died and babies were born, there was balance of life and death.

What do you have now, only deaths - economic, financial, material, physical, environmental and even spiritual deaths. Now couples are afraid to have more than 2 kids
well we AV seen lot of pple giving birth under bubu's regime @least AV got a new baby during dis regime. I dnt tink buhari shud be blamed for all these economic hardship, it's nt d time to push blames, lets us all pray to God.It's well wt my country Nigeria.
Re: BRT Bus Kills Hawker In Maryland Lagos, While Fleeing From KAI Officials by masterpix(m): 8:37pm On Jun 29, 2016
Okijajuju1:
There should be zero tolerance for street and highway hawking Nationwide. angry

These fhuckers were the guise under which those Traffic robbers were masquerading to vandalize and rob people.

Their trade encourages littering.

Its highly dangerous and has led to the death of many many people.

The government should either create hawking zones (like they did one time in Accra) and regulate these people or out rightly ban them.
I think you should have your head reexamine we are talking of human being here and this is all you can say haven't you buy anything from this hawker in traffics or when traveling they save as quick relief to hungers and thirst, and in other ways as job opportunities.
Re: BRT Bus Kills Hawker In Maryland Lagos, While Fleeing From KAI Officials by Okijajuju1(m): 9:24pm On Jun 29, 2016
masterpix:
I think you should have your head reexamine we are talking of human being here and this is all you can say haven't you buy anything from this hawker in traffics or when traveling they save as quick relief to hungers and thirst, and in other ways as job opportunities.

So are you saying the government should legalize street hawking?

Have you considered the risk and safety concerns of such a policy is your convenience beclouding your better sense of judgement?
Re: BRT Bus Kills Hawker In Maryland Lagos, While Fleeing From KAI Officials by doubleZ88(m): 9:31pm On Jun 29, 2016
nnalove:
There was a country. Why did I even exist in dis part of the world they called Nigeria.
there's a reason u were born in no other place but Nigeria. to make a difference. only u, I and every other Nigerian can change our country for d best and no one else.
Re: BRT Bus Kills Hawker In Maryland Lagos, While Fleeing From KAI Officials by hardbody: 10:49pm On Jun 29, 2016
AnonyNymous:

do you know the meaning of religious? good bye lol i have nothing else to say to you grin . . . just keep thinking your evil thoughts eh?

Burst balloon. ...hot air escapes, the balloon flattens out. Goodbye to you.
Re: BRT Bus Kills Hawker In Maryland Lagos, While Fleeing From KAI Officials by Ofemmanu1: 11:34pm On Jun 29, 2016
Firefire:
Another human blood in the hands of APC. cry

RIP to the dead.

Re: BRT Bus Kills Hawker In Maryland Lagos, While Fleeing From KAI Officials by Ofemmanu1: 11:40pm On Jun 29, 2016
masterpix:
Na Okijajuju you dey talk to like this?!
You no dey look face?
Abi you dey craze ni?!
Re: BRT Bus Kills Hawker In Maryland Lagos, While Fleeing From KAI Officials by chachazzy(m): 12:41am On Jun 30, 2016
AnonyNymous:
To think that police employed to PROTECT us are the ones getting us killed
This however is a KAI officer. He probably chased her because she was doing something wrong.
She killed herself, the officer was just doing his job

Doing which job?
In sane countries, if a suspect on the run poses a problem to civilians, the officers will discontinue pursuit. KAI officers were after the hawker because of the money they will get from the hawker and not about doing their job. What if it were the KAI officer that was crushed?
It is only in Nigeria human lives/rights don't worth a dime.

1 Like

Re: BRT Bus Kills Hawker In Maryland Lagos, While Fleeing From KAI Officials by 9icelook: 12:56am On Jun 30, 2016
Okijajuju1:

These fhuckers were the guise under which those Traffic robbers were masquerading to vandalize and rob people.

The government should either create hawking zones (like they did one time in Accra) and regulate these people or out rightly ban them.

It is easier for you to criticize because you are in a better position in life. This guy got killed by a senseless Kai official while hustling to make an end means & you there criticizing the poor victim. Thieves don't hustle, they steal. I for fear for people like you.
Re: BRT Bus Kills Hawker In Maryland Lagos, While Fleeing From KAI Officials by 9icelook: 1:07am On Jun 30, 2016
Okijajuju1:

So are you saying the government should legalize street hawking?

Have you considered the risk and safety concerns of such a policy is your convenience beclouding your better sense of judgement?

It is wrong to chase someone to death because of a penny or bribe. Did you know how many civilians have died in the hands of our forces through this practices? It is the responsibility of the govt to train our forces on how to handle related issues like this.. Getting people killed for trying to make an end means is illegal as well & evil to humanity.
Re: BRT Bus Kills Hawker In Maryland Lagos, While Fleeing From KAI Officials by joyce1002: 4:46am On Jun 30, 2016
molydonhenry:
There are more deaths in buhari's 1yr than ever. Chai he's surely a punishment from God

*modified*
Only zombies will quote me saying rubbish because they have lost their senses, they see through the mouth and feed through the nose

guy does ur father beat ur mum for an offense committed by ur kid sister? ur ans will tell if ur post make sense or not
Re: BRT Bus Kills Hawker In Maryland Lagos, While Fleeing From KAI Officials by klassic(m): 5:23am On Jun 30, 2016
Dear tell your government to provide alternate jobs for them because a bunch of them are graduates or talented who took to street trading and high way hawking because your government failed in his social responsibility.
Many took to it out if frustration caused by govt and the likes of you make more difficult. Mind you this is the cheapest form of business to start. You don't need money to pay for shop or excessive govt taxes and associated levies. God bless that bad ass hustler that has joined heaven. Many more you left in the husstle bro.Please tell the Angels to bless our husstle. #Streetadvocate.

Okijajuju1:

Re: BRT Bus Kills Hawker In Maryland Lagos, While Fleeing From KAI Officials by Okijajuju1(m): 6:04am On Jun 30, 2016
9icelook:

It is easier for you to criticize because you are in a better position in life. This guy got killed by a senseless Kai official while hustling to make an end means & you there criticizing the poor victim. Thieves don't hustle, they steal. I for fear for people like you.

Sentiments everywhere on this thread. Unfortunately this is not about feelings and other stuff like that, this is about right and wrong.

KAI officers job was to apprehend highway hawkers, those who urinate on the roadside, those who run across highways rather than use the pedestrian bridges amongst other.

This unfortunate street hawker was doing something illegal. (Wether he was hustling to make ends meet or not is purely secondary and inconsequential in the grand scheme of this discussion).

The KAI official that gave chase was doing the job for which his outfit was set up and which he was employed to do. (Wether he would have collected bribes to later free the Suspect is again secondary as if the guy was not in contravention of the law, there would be no need to apprehend him and no need for a bribe).

You have nothing to fear about me and my position in life is also secondary to this discussion. If that guy didn't get chased into the path of the oncoming bus, he may have gotten killed by other passing vehicles as has happened severally previously.

Like I tell people, you can't hold a debate on feelings against something that is the law. Change the law and I will change my line of thought.

It's an unfortunate incident that happened yesterday but the sad truth is what I have said here and maintained.
Re: BRT Bus Kills Hawker In Maryland Lagos, While Fleeing From KAI Officials by Okijajuju1(m): 6:07am On Jun 30, 2016
klassic:
Dear tell your government to provide alternate jobs for them because a bunch of them are graduates or talented who took to street trading and high way hawking because your government failed in his social responsibility.
Many took to it out if frustration caused by govt and the likes of you make more difficult. Mind you this is the cheapest form of business to start. You don't need money to pay for shop or excessive govt taxes and associated levies. God bless that bad ass hustler that has joined heaven. Many more you left in the husstle bro.Please tell the Angels to bless our husstle. #Streetadvocate.

Na wah, Na wah..

Whilst pursuing the government to create opportunity for jobs, it's also important that in our hustle to make ends meet in these times we stay within the ambit of the law.
Re: BRT Bus Kills Hawker In Maryland Lagos, While Fleeing From KAI Officials by klassic(m): 6:31am On Jun 30, 2016
Last time I checked, there no law criminalizing street husstling in Lagos or in Nigeria. You can educate me on this by providing any where in our statute book. Also a crime doesn't become a crime because the public sees it so or because the Governor says so or because some persons are being robbed, it becomes a crime be jade our law book says so and a specified punishment has been provided for by same.
Even if there is a law, laws are meant to be obeyed in a sane society and not an insane society like ours.
Have you ever been hunger for 72hrs with no hope of food? 33yrs with no job,can't pay bills and your brain is running overdrive and survival instinct kicks in?If you have, or have had accounts of persons who have been there, then you know if there is any law like that , it's unjust cos it's anti people.
Till the govt provides good and better opportunities, they should stay the Bleep off street business.

Okijajuju1:

Na wah, Na wah..

Whilst pursuing the government to create opportunity for jobs, it's also important that in our hustle to make ends meet in these times we stay within the ambit of the law.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Assemblies Of God Pastor's Son Impregnates Choir Girl, Dad Orders Her To Finger / 14-year-old Girl Raped & Murdered Buried In Anambra (Obituary Poster) / Pregnant Woman Kills Her Husband In Delta Over Extramarital Affair (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.