Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,741 members, 7,827,734 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

ASUU kicks against FG’s scrapping of Post-UTME - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU kicks against FG’s scrapping of Post-UTME (16136 Views)

JAMB: ASUU Kicks Against Oloyede’s Appointment As Registrar / ASUU Kicks Against Oloyede Appointment As JAMB Registrar, Calling For His Probe / ASUU Rejects FG's Scrapping Of Post-UTME (See Why) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU kicks against FG’s scrapping of Post-UTME by adelumolo(m): 11:44am On Jun 30, 2016
That submission is nonsence. Parents are made to pay and their children might not be given addmission.
LASU has collected money for post jamb screening totalling 7500 naira including registratio. They should be made to refund the money.
If Jamb is incompetent let it be scrapped,otherwise, retain them. Enough is enough.
ASSU is an employees body and not policies maker. Only fighting for the money out of putme.
Tunde
Re: ASUU kicks against FG’s scrapping of Post-UTME by Nobody: 11:50am On Jun 30, 2016
udemzyudex:

scraping of post utme was a bad idea ,jamb should have been scrap instead.

d only bad thng dere is dat it shld ve been implimented startin from nxt year so dat everyone wuld ve known it a one way ticket..................but anyhow dem do am i dey enter skul dis year.
Re: ASUU kicks against FG’s scrapping of Post-UTME by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jun 30, 2016
OgaTheTop2:
Please, help me ask him whether he sat for post utme during his time or not. Good riddance to rubbish. Money syphoning and exploiting conduit aborted, blocked and sealed.
amen 2 dat but i den try 2 reach am but one fine lady wit fine voice dey tell me he has currently re-located 2 sambisa forest, try call am whether u fit reach am nah?
Re: ASUU kicks against FG’s scrapping of Post-UTME by olayinkaj2(m): 12:14pm On Jun 30, 2016
ASUU should park well jor. The poor parent will struggle to pay for jamb and you are now asking them to pay for utme again and admission is not guaranteed.
Re: ASUU kicks against FG’s scrapping of Post-UTME by druxy(m): 1:03pm On Jun 30, 2016
duduade:
People clamouring for post utme to be scrapped are students who are d...umb....

I tell you.. and those who scored high by chance
Re: ASUU kicks against FG’s scrapping of Post-UTME by blackprowler: 10:14pm On Jun 30, 2016
matrix199:

They should scrap the universities as well, so employers can train and employ job seekers on their term.

Young man, federal agencies and parastatals are setup with various responsibilities. NDLEA oversees hard drug related activities, NAFDAC oversees food and soft drug related activities. JAMB was set up, like other agencies/parastatals, to handle admission and matriculation activities. No federal or state university has the right to conduct any entrance examination. It is the responsibility of JAMB to conduct credible entrance examination, and handle matriculation in various federal, state, and private universities. Universities can work with JAMB in making the UTME examination fair and credible.

Our children shouldn't be made to pay twice for entrance examination.

So they wrote this your law directly from Heaven abi? All the bodies you mentioned were created within my lifetime and people used to live and go to universities before I was born. JAMB destroyed my academic career and my life, you hear! Nothing is ever fixed in life: laws were made for man, not man for law. When realities dictate, you modify laws to reflect reality
Re: ASUU kicks against FG’s scrapping of Post-UTME by Abdulhakeem7(m): 11:29pm On Jul 01, 2016
ASUU is against d scrapping because of the huge amount the varsities are making from d sale of d needless post UTME. In SA,once a high school student passes his Matric(d equivalent of WAEC in Nig), dats university straight,nothing like UTME let alone post-UTME.... Despite all ds exams,d quality of graduates frm our uni is nt worth it
Re: ASUU kicks against FG’s scrapping of Post-UTME by cosade(m): 9:48am On Jul 03, 2016
duduade:
People clamouring for post utme to be scrapped are students who are d...umb....

This policy is to reward corrupt parents (at the top) with lazy (spoilt and rotten) children. What is the purpose of the autonomy granted higher institutions, when they cannot conduct something as basic as post-UTME? By the way, how significant is N2,000 being charged as post-UTME fee?

With this type of policy makers in the Education sector, you don't need to search further for the reasons why standard of education is dropping in this country.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

“JAMB Used Wrong Software For 2016” / JAMB Change Of Course Form: How Much? / Federal College Of Agriculture, Ibadan Students Protest Colleague's Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.