Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

A Rebuttal Of Sahara Reporters' story on the Buratai UAE Property Portfolio - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Rebuttal Of Sahara Reporters' story on the Buratai UAE Property Portfolio (4009 Views)

Result Of Sahara Reporters Poll On Buhari And Atiku (Photo) / Omoyele Sowore Of Sahara Reporters Released / Photo: See The Buratai Savings Account Form & Why He Got 2 Houses In Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Rebuttal Of Sahara Reporters' story on the Buratai UAE Property Portfolio by bugzy84: 7:21pm On Jun 29, 2016
http://saharareporters.com/2016/06/27/general-buratai-bought-second-dubai-property-days-after-appointment-chief-army-staff

I wonder how Sahara Reporters think their so-called evidence proves Buratai's outright ownership of the property. Sahara Reporters need to authenticate their evidence. I'm no journalist or lawyer but can spot gaps in their article a good lawyer will mercilessly expose in a libel case.
I live in Dubai and one of the timeshares in question is in the Dubai Marina which is about 20 minutes from me by car. The Dubai property market is carved into areas owned by big property holding companies such as EMAAR, Nakheel, Majid Al Futtaim and DAMAC Properties; if Buratai was buying a property outright in the Dubai Marina area he'd most likely have bought it from EMAAR who own the land and properties in the Marina and downtown areas. Majid Al Futtaim own the Al Barsha area where Mall of the Emirates is situated and Nakheel own the Palm Jumeirah. This emirate is all about cartels that own land and properties; TFG is not in the same league as these premier developers mentioned earlier who own the best real estate in Dubai.

The second piece of 'evidence' claims it's for the 2nd property he allegedly bought after being appointed COAS by PMB in 2015 yet there are dates showing 'payments' before PMB's swearing-in in May 2015. How's that possible?

Our press needs to raise its game!

Hallas (that's all in Arabic)

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Rebuttal Of Sahara Reporters' story on the Buratai UAE Property Portfolio by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 29, 2016
grin OL Boy, wait o, what am I seeing? This is FTC O, Oluwa don pick my call. I must buy house for Dubai with the money Oga Seun go wire me for this FTC.

Meanwhile,

Abeg Wailers should go and jump into Lagos Lagoon joor.

I wonder why these Wailing Ugandan Ipod yoots are so evil like this.

Do they know the price of snakes in the international market?

Buratai has the biggest snake farm in Africa and I can tell you that one barrel of snakes is more expensive than 100 barells of crude oil.

If in doubt ask Lalasticlala who is a part time snake bunkerer.

---STOP WINCH-HUNTING BURATAI---

SAI BURATAI
SAI BUHARI
SAI NO KWARAPSHUN

cool I want to be like Buratai when I grow up. cool

11 Likes

Re: A Rebuttal Of Sahara Reporters' story on the Buratai UAE Property Portfolio by eph12(m): 7:26pm On Jun 29, 2016
But the Nigerian army did not refute the allegation. Instead they said the properties were bought with personal savings.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Rebuttal Of Sahara Reporters' story on the Buratai UAE Property Portfolio by id911(m): 7:27pm On Jun 29, 2016
Buratai has agreed he owns two properties in Dubai as revealed by SR but that he declared it in his CCB form. He didn’t deny it. So weti com be the esenz of this ur kabu kabu write-up

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Rebuttal Of Sahara Reporters' story on the Buratai UAE Property Portfolio by dunkem21(m): 7:29pm On Jun 29, 2016
This is witch-hunt against the COAS cool

3 Likes

Re: A Rebuttal Of Sahara Reporters' story on the Buratai UAE Property Portfolio by visijo(m): 7:32pm On Jun 29, 2016
when will efcc call burutai and magu?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Rebuttal Of Sahara Reporters' story on the Buratai UAE Property Portfolio by doctokwus: 7:35pm On Jun 29, 2016
Op,read what u wrote again and honestly just judge if u made any sense.
So u know better than SR and the army combinedbwho both admit to Buratai owning the properties,but only dispute the source of money used.
Infact,read ur post 3times and give ur own verdict.

2 Likes

Re: A Rebuttal Of Sahara Reporters' story on the Buratai UAE Property Portfolio by eleko1: 7:48pm On Jun 29, 2016
Burutai dey Win aGainst Bokos terrorists .Now that he wan cripple those miserable scavengers,una wan distract aM abi undecided ? What ihejiriKa can't do, Buratai don am undecided. SUPport BURATAI

1 Like

Re: A Rebuttal Of Sahara Reporters' story on the Buratai UAE Property Portfolio by bugzy84: 8:00pm On Jun 29, 2016
doctokwus:
Op,read what u wrote again and honestly just judge if u made any sense.
So u know better than SR and the army combinedbwho both admit to Buratai owning the properties,but only dispute the source of money used.
Infact,read ur post 3times and give ur own verdict.

Yes I know more about the Dubai property environment than SR. I have lived here for 3 years and know Dubai marina is owned by EMAAR. If you read my comments properly you'll notice I said the properties are timeshares.

I work in Commercial Lines Insurance and analyse my employer's exposure to multi-storey residential buildings risk.

SR posting copies of payment slips showing no signature of the man they're libelling isn't compelling evidence.

If you want to believe questionable articles that's your prerogative. I've commented on my knowledge of the Dubai property scene.

2 Likes

Re: A Rebuttal Of Sahara Reporters' story on the Buratai UAE Property Portfolio by bugzy84: 8:02pm On Jun 29, 2016
id911:
Buratai has agreed he owns two properties in Dubai as revealed by SR but that he declared it in his CCB form. He didn’t deny it. So weti com be the esenz of this ur kabu kabu write-up

I thought I heard him say they were owned with other people (timeshares). Read my post properly grin
Re: A Rebuttal Of Sahara Reporters' story on the Buratai UAE Property Portfolio by olatunjithomas(m): 8:12pm On Jun 29, 2016
Did OP says he lives in Dubai?
jeeeeeeeeesuuuuu

no problem,i no go expose you.provided you will meet me at our usual joint. after mandilas for Marina Lagos island.
Re: A Rebuttal Of Sahara Reporters' story on the Buratai UAE Property Portfolio by oloriooko(m): 8:20pm On Jun 29, 2016
bugzy84:

Yes I know more about the Dubai property environment than SR. I have lived here for 3 years and know Dubai marina is owned by EMAAR. If you read my comments properly you'll notice I said the properties are timeshares.

I work in Commercial Lines Insurance and analyse my employer's exposure to multi-storey residential buildings risk.

SR posting copies of payment slips showing no signature of the man they're libelling isn't compelling evidence.

If you want to believe questionable articles that's your prerogative. I've commented on my knowledge of the Dubai property scene.

So who is the liar here, the Army that defended and confirmed Burutai ownership of those props or you who lives in Dubai and expects to know every transaction Nigerians make undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Rebuttal Of Sahara Reporters' story on the Buratai UAE Property Portfolio by Firefire(m): 8:29pm On Jun 29, 2016
PUSIDRILA:
grin OL Boy, wait o, what am I seeing? This is FTC O, Oluwa don pick my call. I must buy house for Dubai with the money Oga Seun go wire me for this FTC.

Meanwhile,

Abeg Wailers should go and jump into Lagos Lagoon joor.

I wonder why these Wailing Ugandan Ipod yoots are so evil like this.

Do they know the price of snakes in the international market?

Buratai has the biggest snake farm in Africa and I can tell you that one barrel of snakes is more expensive than 100 barells of crude oil.

If in doubt ask Lalasticlala who is a part time snake bunkerer.

---STOP WINCH-HUNTING BURATAI---

SAI BURATAI
SAI BUHARI
SAI NO KWARAPSHUN

cool I want to be like Buratai when I grow up. cool

Firefire:
If Buratai earn:

N50 Million Naira / Year = Income.

1981 - 2016 = 35 Years in service.

50 Million income of Burantai from 1982 - 2016 = N1.7Billion.

The said property was purchased for N4.2 Billion.

This is a clear case of fraudulent activities and using Buratai Constant K + other variables.

Using the equilibrium constant, K (Buratai), to find the concentrations of each component of his income without spending any kobo from it assuming he earn up to N50 Million per annum, it gives a reversible reaction at equilibrium.

Hence, the correlation coefficient is negative, i.e. there is a negative correlation between Buratai 35 years income and his Properties in Dubai, acquired through dubious means.

DHQ must relieve Buratai immediately and EFFC must arrest him thereafter without delay.

"A thief is a thief, Ole is Ole". - GEJ.

2 Likes

Re: A Rebuttal Of Sahara Reporters' story on the Buratai UAE Property Portfolio by bugzy84: 8:32pm On Jun 29, 2016
oloriooko:

So wgo is the liar here, the Army that defended and confirmed Burutai ownership of those props or you who lives in Dubai and expects to know every transaction Nigerians make undecided

Have I disputed Buratai owning properties in Dubai? His people say he owns timeshares, my post mentioned timeshares. I'm not questioning his ownership of anything here in Dubai. Its the ownership structure I queried.

You need to learn how to read properly.

1 Like

Re: A Rebuttal Of Sahara Reporters' story on the Buratai UAE Property Portfolio by oloriooko(m): 8:38pm On Jun 29, 2016
bugzy84:

Have I disputed Buratai owning properties in Dubai? His people say he owns timeshares, my post mentioned timeshares. I'm not questioning his ownership of anything here in Dubai. Its the ownership structure I queried.

So how is your ownership wahala helping in this matter, cuz the guy admitted to owning the props so fvck the ownership query bro
What should be done is how did he get to pay for those props not the ownership shiit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Rebuttal Of Sahara Reporters' story on the Buratai UAE Property Portfolio by OBAGADAFFI: 8:42pm On Jun 29, 2016
@OP do you known timeshares is not cheap and it comes with annual dues.

So tell us how much is the COAS paying yearly on those properties.
Re: A Rebuttal Of Sahara Reporters' story on the Buratai UAE Property Portfolio by bugzy84: 8:44pm On Jun 29, 2016
bugzy84:

I've gone on propertyfinder.ae. There are two 1 bed flats for sale in the same building.

https://m.propertyfinder.ae/en/buy/dubai/properties-for-sale-dubai-marina-wyndham-dubai-marina.html

Since SR have the bank deposit details, they should be in a position to confirm the flat size.
Re: A Rebuttal Of Sahara Reporters' story on the Buratai UAE Property Portfolio by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 29, 2016
eleko1:
Burutai dey Win aGainst Bokos terrorists .Now that he wan cripple those miserable scavengers,una wan distract aM abi undecided ? What ihejiriKa can't do, Buratai don am undecided. SUPport BURATAI
Bokoharam relaxed because their brother is now in charge.
Re: A Rebuttal Of Sahara Reporters' story on the Buratai UAE Property Portfolio by bugzy84: 8:45pm On Jun 29, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:
@OP do you known timeshares is not cheap and it comes with annual dues.

So tell us how much is the COAS paying yearly on those properties.

Timeshares can cost from $30000.
Re: A Rebuttal Of Sahara Reporters' story on the Buratai UAE Property Portfolio by bugzy84: 8:51pm On Jun 29, 2016
oloriooko:

So how is your ownership wahala helping in this matter, cuz the guy admitted to owning the props so fvck the ownership query bro
What should be done is how did he get to pay for thise props not the ownership shiit

Did he admit owning the properties outright?

According to this news outlet http://thewillnigeria.com/news/nigeria-clears-army-chief-buratai-after-investigations-show-dubai-real-estate-acquisitions-are-timeshare-investments/
Re: A Rebuttal Of Sahara Reporters' story on the Buratai UAE Property Portfolio by OBAGADAFFI: 8:53pm On Jun 29, 2016
bugzy84:

Timeshares can cost from $30000.

Add annual maintainance fee to that.

That is not cheap, for any Nigerian civil servant.

If you understand my point.

Note: he has more than one property on timeshares or whatever they are calling it.

What matters here is his source of income for this.
Re: A Rebuttal Of Sahara Reporters' story on the Buratai UAE Property Portfolio by vedaxcool(m): 9:05pm On Jun 29, 2016
Gbamest the lost snakes of Ugandan will come hear and hiss their brood of lies because Buratai de-wailed countless wailers in Bornu who call themselves boko.

1 Like

Re: A Rebuttal Of Sahara Reporters' story on the Buratai UAE Property Portfolio by oloriooko(m): 9:09pm On Jun 29, 2016
Re: A Rebuttal Of Sahara Reporters' story on the Buratai UAE Property Portfolio by bugzy84: 9:11pm On Jun 29, 2016
OBAGADAFFI:

Add annual maintainance fee to that.

That is not cheap, for any Nigerian civil servant.

If you understand my point.

Note: he has more than one property on timeshares or whatever they are calling it.

What matters here is his source of income for this.

I don't know how much Nigerian generals earn. I assume he was a brigadier for 4 years and major general for 2 to 3 years.

I'll ask an army officer I know how much their bosses earn.

It is very possible he may have issues accounting for his source of income - what I find dubious is SR posting an illegible deposit slip that could brlong to anyone allegedly paying for one property that doesn't have his signature and showing a list anyone could have written showing dates relating to a second property he's supposed to have bought after his promotion to COAS. The list shows dates of payments in 2014 yet he bought the 2nd property days after his promotion to COAS in 2015.

1 Like

Re: A Rebuttal Of Sahara Reporters' story on the Buratai UAE Property Portfolio by bugzy84: 9:17pm On Jun 29, 2016
oloriooko:

Is there anything like partial admittance?

Judge for yourself according to
https://www.nairaland.com/3192817/buratai-bought-second-dubai-property
https://www.nairaland.com/3192146/buratai-transparent-dubai-properties-fg
https://www.nairaland.com/3193216/dubai-properties-terrorists-migrated-internet

There's nothing like "partial admittance"; however there is something like partial ownership (defined as timeshare in Dubai) which is what my sentence is illustrating.
Re: A Rebuttal Of Sahara Reporters' story on the Buratai UAE Property Portfolio by oloriooko(m): 9:20pm On Jun 29, 2016
bugzy84:

There's nothing like "partial admittance"; however there is something like partial ownership (defined as timeshare in Dubai) which is what my sentence is illustrating.
Brossssss what kind of fvckery did you just say angry
Partial or full the guy owns the fvcking props shikena!
*****sighs****
Re: A Rebuttal Of Sahara Reporters' story on the Buratai UAE Property Portfolio by bugzy84: 9:46pm On Jun 29, 2016
oloriooko:

Brossssss what kind of fvckery did you just say angry
Partial or full the guy owns the fvcking props shikena!
*****sighs****

You're talking nonsense. A timeshare owner has a stake in the property with other people. If he has a 2%-4% stake in the property how does he own the property? How about the owners of the remaining 96%-98%? Are they squatters?

So if I own 200 out of 10400 total shares of an asset, does that asset belong to me?

Go and improve your written English - the correct word is 'admission' not 'admittance'.

1 Like

Re: A Rebuttal Of Sahara Reporters' story on the Buratai UAE Property Portfolio by oloriooko(m): 10:16pm On Jun 29, 2016
bugzy84:

You're talking nonsense. A timeshare owner has a stake in the property with other people. If he has a 2%-4% stake in the property how does he own the property? How about the owners of the remaining 96%-98%? Are they squatters?

So if I own 200 out of 10400 total shares of an asset, does that asset belong to me?

Go and improve your written English - the correct word is 'admission' not 'admittance'.

Thank you for correcting my grammar there
But did this guy tell you his share or stake in the prop?
Are you his confidant?
Seem you ignored the links i posted, please read them maybe you will learn, you seem to think you know about the prop more than the owner undecided
Thanks again for the admission shiit cheesy
Re: A Rebuttal Of Sahara Reporters' story on the Buratai UAE Property Portfolio by deji68: 10:23pm On Jun 29, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin
id911:
Re: A Rebuttal Of Sahara Reporters' story on the Buratai UAE Property Portfolio by sainty2k3(m): 10:34pm On Jun 29, 2016
nice one op. I agree with the first news by SR but nothing to proof that the second property was procured after being made coas

1 Like

Re: A Rebuttal Of Sahara Reporters' story on the Buratai UAE Property Portfolio by deji68: 10:38pm On Jun 29, 2016
op, dont get your point,..... is "Timeshare" free? .The 30k u mentioned for a small property in Dubai is not affordable for an honest army General even if he is living on Kulikuli all year round cool cool cool
Re: A Rebuttal Of Sahara Reporters' story on the Buratai UAE Property Portfolio by deji68: 10:45pm On Jun 29, 2016
so even if the property doent belong 100% to him, are u telling me his personal funds are not invoved? abi i can point to any building in Dubai and say it is mine ala "timeshare"....

bugzy84:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking News: Arewa Youths Withdraw Quit Notice Order To Ndigbos / See What Omoyele Somore Was Caught Doing With A Female Youth / Billions, Arms And PVCS Allegedly Found In Sacked Lawal Dauras House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.