Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,712 members, 7,824,021 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Faith Isn't Bad, It's A Good Quality - This Is Not A Counter Thread. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Faith Isn't Bad, It's A Good Quality - This Is Not A Counter Thread. (719 Views)

Faith Oyedepo's 60th Birthday: Adeboye, Enenche, Ibiyeomie Others Attend / Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ / Why We Want Yahweh To Make An Amputee Limb Grow (a Counter Thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Faith Isn't Bad, It's A Good Quality - This Is Not A Counter Thread. by tempem: 8:10pm On Jun 29, 2016

Seun's opinion remains valid to him as long he's not enforcing it on anyone... And if I read well, he never imposed it on anyone. But, I'll really like to express why I see faith as a good quality, rather than a bad quality.

1. Faith is an appealing quality, one that all men should value highly. Many people today tend to undervalue faith, assuming that it means believing without any real proof or evidence. However, they are mistaken.

2. Faith is not gullibility; it is not a mere feeling; it is more than belief. Gullibility is dangerous. A mere feeling may come and go, and even belief is insufficient when it comes to Faith.

3. True faith is solidly grounded. Imagine that someone decided to give you a house. He might hand you the deed to the place and say, “Here is your new home.” Of course, he does not mean that you will live on that piece of paper; he means that the document is so legally binding that for all practical purposes, it is the house itself. Similarly, the evidence for faith should be so convincing, so strong, that it may be equated to our faith itself.

*Note am not imposing my opinion on anyone..
Words of caution are these. Either you believe in God or not, both requires faith.. Don't be gullible to accepts everything, verify everything and base your conviction on these three points highlighted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Faith Isn't Bad, It's A Good Quality - This Is Not A Counter Thread. by tempem: 8:12pm On Jun 29, 2016
Cc:

Psylas, Marv650, unitysheart, Jessicha, Seun
Re: Faith Isn't Bad, It's A Good Quality - This Is Not A Counter Thread. by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jun 29, 2016
Op, Faith is as blind as justice when you face time.

In other words it bad and destructive, No now..... bros check am and balance am.

If you had malaria that has so weaken your bodily immune system and soon to die and then as a doctor, I tell you, I have a drug by science that would relief you in real time?

Would you keep having faith or take my drug?

1 Like

Re: Faith Isn't Bad, It's A Good Quality - This Is Not A Counter Thread. by tempem: 6:43am On Jun 30, 2016
aaronson:

In other words it bad and destructive, No now..... bros check am and balance am.

If you had malaria that has so weaken your bodily immune system and soon to die and then as a doctor, I tell you, I have a drug by science that would relief you in real time?

Bro, you don't understand my write-up a bit.. What's faith? Taking the drug would have farther shown I have faith.. Please read point 1 and 2 carefully.

1 Like

Re: Faith Isn't Bad, It's A Good Quality - This Is Not A Counter Thread. by tempem: 7:07am On Jun 30, 2016
haibe:
U have a point tho.. but u dont realise we all have faith in one thing or the other.
How about checking this?

1 Like

Re: Faith Isn't Bad, It's A Good Quality - This Is Not A Counter Thread. by haibe(m): 7:21am On Jun 30, 2016
aaronson:

That u keep on taking the drugs means that u have faith that the drug will eventually heal u.

I know some very old people that don't believe western medicines can heal them so they don't take them and i learnt even when one of them decided to use paracetamol it didn't worked for her.. lol and i don't why!! So faith comes to play here too!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Faith Isn't Bad, It's A Good Quality - This Is Not A Counter Thread. by tempem: 7:37am On Jun 30, 2016
FincoApps:

You are VERY correct... that's probably why Nigeria is backward. When something becomes hopeless, you hear "With God, all things are possible"

1. We wanna play against brazil - With God all things are possible
2. You fell sick a week to your exam so know nothing - With God all things are possible
3. Some people create shitty apps but want to compete with companies like Fb and they still say - With God all things are possible

That kind of Faith to me is wrong faith

I wouldn't go with faith without strong evidence.
Re: Faith Isn't Bad, It's A Good Quality - This Is Not A Counter Thread. by Weah96: 9:23am On Jun 30, 2016
There are two different kinds of faith. The one to which you refer is the one based on common sense. When you walk into an upscale pharmacy to pick up your medicine, you have ostensibly placed your faith in the value the establishment.

However, there are good reasons to assume that you are purchasing an effective medicine.

The other type of faith is blind faith, the one where you believe a Jewish man from 2000 years ago is coming back to save you after resurrecting himself.
Re: Faith Isn't Bad, It's A Good Quality - This Is Not A Counter Thread. by tempem: 9:53am On Jun 30, 2016
Weah96:
There are two different kinds of faith. The one to which you refer is the one based on common sense. When you walk into an upscale pharmacy to pick up your medicine, you have ostensibly placed your faith in the value the establishment.

However, there are good reasons to assume that you are purchasing an effective medicine.

The other type of faith is blind faith, the one where you believe a Jewish man from 2000 years ago is coming back to save you after resurrecting himself.

Who developed the blind faith? What's the meaning.. . Maybe I'll get your concept better.
Re: Faith Isn't Bad, It's A Good Quality - This Is Not A Counter Thread. by haibe(m): 9:58am On Jun 30, 2016
Weah96:

What are the good reasons to assume that you are purchsing an effective medicine? Consider the old woman's perspective which I gave earlier
Re: Faith Isn't Bad, It's A Good Quality - This Is Not A Counter Thread. by Weah96: 4:19pm On Jun 30, 2016
haibe:

What are the good reasons to assume that you are purchsing an effective medicine? Consider the old woman's perspective which I gave earlier

You know that reliable pharmaceutical companies exist, you can confirm this with a Muslim. You know that people take medicine for illnesses around the world, again you can confirm this with Muslim or Buddhist.

You understand how the best medical systems work because you have used money before and know the value that we humans attach to it. So it makes sense that a hospital in Switzerland wont charge you 50k USD to repair an injure knee, and then give you pills made out of sugar for the postoperative pain. You might be wrong, but your decision was based on material evidence.

There is no precedent in life or nature to believe that a dead Jew ressurrected 2000 years ago, and is on his way to save you. What did you see in life that made you want to buy that claim from a vendor
Re: Faith Isn't Bad, It's A Good Quality - This Is Not A Counter Thread. by haibe(m): 4:43pm On Jun 30, 2016
Weah96:

You know that reliable pharmaceutical companies exist, you can confirm this with a Muslim. You know that people take medicine for illnesses around the world, again you can confirm this with Muslim or Buddhist.

You understand how the best medical systems work because you have used money before and know the value that we humans attach to it. So it makes sense that a hospital in Switzerland wont charge you 50k USD to repair an injure knee, and then give you pills made out of sugar for the postoperative pain. You might be wrong, but your decision was based on material evidence.

There is no precedent in life or nature to believe that a dead Jew ressurrected 2000 years ago, and is on his way to save you. What did you see in life that made you want to buy that claim from a vendor

I told u to consider the old woman's perspective, not me.

The old woman has apparently been used to traditional medicines like drinking herbal waters (what yoruba call Agbo) and all sort, she therefore doesn't trust any other thing to cure her apart from these..

And u are too quick to divert to another topic entirely, i havent mentioned anything about a dead Jew in this thread, its been solely about faith
Re: Faith Isn't Bad, It's A Good Quality - This Is Not A Counter Thread. by tempem: 4:57pm On Jun 30, 2016
Weah96:

I guess no one ever mentioned Jesus here.. We are strictly talking about faith.. what faith is and what faith is not...
Be neutral..
Re: Faith Isn't Bad, It's A Good Quality - This Is Not A Counter Thread. by unitysheart(m): 12:39am On Jul 01, 2016
tempem:
Cc:

Psylas, Marv650, unitysheart, Jessicha, Seun

Thanks for the mention. Make I rake my seat read and digest then maybe comment.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Faith Isn't Bad, It's A Good Quality - This Is Not A Counter Thread. by tempem: 7:01am On Jul 01, 2016
jahstech:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BySEC_zeD1mjcUJHeklCZ1BrUnc

For those who care to ask questions, not just questions but reasonable ones, you are free to go through the above. A wise saying once said, "the one replying to a matter without hearing the FACTS is FOOLISH" don't draw conclusions hurriedly, there are and would alway be 2 sides to every coin.

Like I said am like an open book, if you are willing to take your time to explain to me am more than willing to hear you believing we are all intelligent creatures.

Angrily throwing out a student because you feel the question he asked is stupid still doesn't solve the question he raised in the first place.

I stand to be corrected....

Cc weah96, trajanskong, seun.
Help me check this out..
Re: Faith Isn't Bad, It's A Good Quality - This Is Not A Counter Thread. by tempem: 7:01am On Jul 01, 2016
unitysheart:

Thanks for the mention. Make I rake my seat read and digest then maybe comment.

Waiting quietly.
Re: Faith Isn't Bad, It's A Good Quality - This Is Not A Counter Thread. by unitysheart(m): 9:05am On Jul 01, 2016
tempem:

Waiting quietly.

Faith is not so hard to understand jare. It is an expectation of things to come. Why do you buy panadol or paracetamol for a headache? Is it not because you feel it will abate the ache? Why do you work from beginning of a month to the end? Is it not because you have faith in your employer to pay your salary, whether early or delayed?

Everyone has faith in one or two things. Ttis isn't about religion.

2 Likes

Re: Faith Isn't Bad, It's A Good Quality - This Is Not A Counter Thread. by frank317: 10:03am On Jul 01, 2016
unitysheart:

Faith is not so hard to understand jare. It is an expectation of things to come. Why do you buy panadol or paracetamol for a headache? Is it not because you feel it will abate the ache? Why do you work from beginning of a month to the end? Is it not because you have faith in your employer to pay your salary, whether early or delayed?

Everyone has faith in one or two things. Ttis isn't about religion.

Lol... faith is a word that can be misunderstood especially if u are a deliberately dishonest person..

Religious faith is clearly different from what u feel when u take drugs. If I take a brush to brush my teeth, do u think I am doing that because I have faith in the brush to clean my teeth? U see, going by ur logic, the worth faith would be greatly misunderstood.

U might choose to disagree, but I am of the opinion that when someone says faith is bad, he means faith that is dependent of mystical forces to come to his aid and dismissing deliberate human actions such as: taking drugs, working hard, thinking hard as secondary while believe in unknown forces as primary to survival or success..
Re: Faith Isn't Bad, It's A Good Quality - This Is Not A Counter Thread. by tempem: 7:59pm On Jul 01, 2016
frank317:

Lol... faith is a word that can be misunderstood especially if u are a deliberately dishonest person..

Religious faith is clearly different from what u feel when u take drugs. If I take a brush to brush my teeth, do u think I am doing that because I have faith in the brush to clean my teeth? U see, going by ur logic, the worth faith would be greatly misunderstood.

U might choose to disagree, but I am of the opinion that when someone says faith is bad, he means faith that is dependent of mystical forces to come to his aid and dismissing deliberate human actions such as: taking drugs, working hard, thinking hard as secondary while believe in unknown forces as primary to survival or success..

Your Point exactly, bro.

(1) (Reply)

How Abuja Female RCCG Preacher Met Her Death In The Hands Of Violent Extremists / People Drinking From Man's Ablution Water Trending On Youtube (video) / Lost Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.