Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. (10504 Views)

What Happens When U Put Ur Car In Reverse While Driving? / What To Do If Your Steering Fails While Driving / Craziest Thing You Have Ever Done With While Driving On Highway? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by GEJPosterity: 9:26am On Jul 01, 2016
4q:
The inability of Nigerians to keep to a lane on the road is an actual reflection of what the brain is doing at that time, switching between left and right hemisphere involuntarily.

This sounds very intriguing. Please do you have a link or citation for this? I'd be very interested in research in this.
Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by kingreign(m): 9:45am On Jul 01, 2016
Raydos:

I Pray That One Day You'll Brush A Hungry-Nigerian Soldier.

Evil man. The prayer can't fit happen tongue tongue
Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by miqos02(m): 9:54am On Jul 01, 2016
gbadexy:
I feel your pain bro. The danfo buses are the worst. They don't check their side mirror and simply switch lane as they please.
You have to be alert to drive on lagos roads.
dem get side mirror?
Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by 4q: 9:56am On Jul 01, 2016
GEJPosterity:

This sounds very intriguing. Please do you have a link or citation for this? I'd be very interested in research in this.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3584251/

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by GEJPosterity: 9:57am On Jul 01, 2016
Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by MrGerald(m): 9:58am On Jul 01, 2016
kYjelly2:
Okay, so the government has done its job on some roads by providing clear lane markings, yet some or most motorists in Nigeria take these lane markings simply as decorations undecided

I get soooooooo angry driving in Lagos sometimes, that I find myself cursing almost everyone.

Do they even realize how dangerous it is

You will be driving in ur lane, then some animal would now leave his lane and start veering into urs, like da fvck

What is so hard in driving straight and using ur turn signals when ready to switch lanes

Honestly, if I was white, I'd be a racist after witnessing this sort of jungle driving. I'd think that blacks are animals, true story.

The most annoying one is on a 3 lane road like lekki epe, when I'm driving on the extreme left lane and some mudafvcker in the middle lanenow has half of his car in his lane and the other half in my lane. In essence almost pushing me into the concrete sepetator on my left.

Why am I a Nigerian sef, why am I black

Don't even get me started with danfos and conductors hanging on the back of busses like real animals.

No law enforcement, nothing. Fvcking annoying
because they are zombies
Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by timilehing(m): 10:40am On Jul 01, 2016
Reference:

Yes there is. And it gives you explicit instructions on how, when and in what circumstance to change lanes. Its in the traffic code.
Can you state them?
Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by 18SNVL: 10:49am On Jul 01, 2016
Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by henryboff(m): 10:55am On Jul 01, 2016
kYjelly2:
Okay, so the government has done its job on some roads by providing clear lane markings, yet some or most motorists in Nigeria take these lane markings simply as decorations undecided

I get soooooooo angry driving in Lagos sometimes, that I find myself cursing almost everyone.

Do they even realize how dangerous it is

You will be driving in ur lane, then some animal would now leave his lane and start veering into urs, like da fvck

What is so hard in driving straight and using ur turn signals when ready to switch lanes

Honestly, if I was white, I'd be a racist after witnessing this sort of jungle driving. I'd think that blacks are animals, true story.

The most annoying one is on a 3 lane road like lekki epe, when I'm driving on the extreme left lane and some mudafvcker in the middle lanenow has half of his car in his lane and the other half in my lane. In essence almost pushing me into the concrete sepetator on my left.

Why am I a Nigerian sef, why am I black

Don't even get me started with danfos and conductors hanging on the back of busses like real animals.

No law enforcement, nothing. Fvcking annoying

Bros oo you no suppose dey drive for the extreme left lane. This lane na for overtaking
Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 01, 2016
When they say Nigeria is a zoo that's what they mean. The problem is not that people drive erratically, but that Nigerians have come to see it as normal is more disturbing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by wonlasewonimi: 2:45pm On Jul 01, 2016
You think they even notice any lanes on the road?
Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by nextstep(m): 4:01pm On Jul 01, 2016
Some of it is due to idiot drivers, for sure. But look, 99% of our roads have potholes, nails and other rubbish at the margins, armed robbers and police waiting to waylay us; why won't we hug the center of the roads? That's the safest place to be so you can swerve to avoid all these other things I talked about. Also when it rains, most times the sides is where the water accumulates, hiding dangerous potholes.

After I've gotten used to driving on such crappy roads, you want me to automatically adjust for those 1% of the stretches that is smooth and lined? tongue Don't worry, give it 3-6 months, that nice road will also develop large craters.
Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by launchx431(f): 4:31pm On Jul 01, 2016
not in Nigeria, many places have this condition
Re: Why Is It Hard For Nigerians To Stay In Their Lanes While Driving. by heffem(m): 9:42pm On Jul 01, 2016
carmag:
Reckless driver sported
SPOTTED!!! and not SPORTED.......olodo rabata grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help! Service Engine Soon 4 Nissan Altima 2000 Model / Help Me Choose Between 2008 Toyota Camry And 2008 BMW 523i / Audi A6 Vs Toyota Camry 2003 Vs Honda Accord 2003 (end Of Discussion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.