Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,498 members, 7,812,539 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:00 PM

Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) - All You Need To Know - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) - All You Need To Know (1542 Views)

urinary Tract Infection UTI Final Solution. / Perfecin : CURE FOR URINARY TRACT IINFECTION (UTI), STD (STAPH,GONORRHEA, ETC) / 7 Home Remedies For Urinary Tract Infections UTI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) - All You Need To Know by MidasTouche01(m): 8:14pm On Jun 30, 2016
What Is It ?
Most urinary tract infections are caused by a
variety of bacteria, including Escherichia coli
( E . coli ) , found in feces . Because the openings of the bowel , vagina and urethra are close together, it ' s easy for the bacteria to spread to the urethra and travel up the urinary tract into the bladder and sometimes the kidneys .

Luckily , most urinary tract infections are not
serious and can be easily treated with
antibiotic medications.

Anyone can get them, but they're particularly common in women. Some women experience them regularly (called recurrent UTIs). UTIs can be painful and uncomfortable, but usually pass within a few days and can be easily treated with antibiotics.

Symptoms of UTIs
Infections of the bladder (cystitis) or urethra (tube that carries urine out of the body) are known as lower UTIs.
These can cause:
* a need to pee more often than usual
* pain or discomfort when peeing
* sudden urges to pee
* feeling as though you're unable to empty your bladder fully
* pain low down in your tummy
* urine that's cloudy, foul-smelling or contains blood
* feeling generally unwell, achy and tired

Causes of UTIs
UTIs occur when the urinary tract becomes infected, usually by bacteria. In most cases,
bacteria from the gut enter the urinary tract through the urethra.

This may occur when wiping your bottom or having sex, for example, but often it's
not clear why it happens, like in my own case, so many circumstances surround the occurrence that I don't even know the one that caused it:
* I used a toilet for the first time, but I doubt if it's the cause, other people use it too.

* I traveled and drank some really bad water, waters with taste.

* I changed my cream that same week (but from my researches, I doubt it can cause it, but allergies are known to trigger UTI's)

The following may increase your risk of getting a UTI:
* conditions that obstruct your urinary tract, such as kidney stones
* difficulty emptying your bladder fully
* using a contraceptive diaphragm or condoms coated in spermicide
* diabetes
* a weak immune system – from chemotherapy or HIV , for example a urinary catheter (a tube in your bladder used to drain urine)
* an enlarged prostate gland in men

Preventing UTIs
If you get UTIs frequently, there are some things you can try that may stop it coming
back. However, it's not clear how effective most of these measures are because none of it worked in my own case.

These measures include:
* avoiding perfumed bubble bath, soap or talcum powder around your genitals – use
plain, unperfumed varieties, and have a shower rather than a bath
* going to the toilet as soon as you need to pee and always emptying your bladder fully
* staying well hydrated
* wiping your bottom from front to back when you go to the toilet
* emptying your bladder as soon as possible after having sex
* wearing underwear made from cotton, rather than synthetic material such as nylon,
and avoiding tight jeans and trousers.

But the best advice is to always talk to a doctor to get diagnosed and get a prescription.

Share your experience if you had experienced this disgusting thing before.

Cc: Sissy3, dominique

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) - All You Need To Know by xband: 8:35pm On Jun 30, 2016
Very educative. I think this deserve front page.
Lalaticlala do the needful
Re: Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) - All You Need To Know by MidasTouche01(m): 8:41pm On Jun 30, 2016
xband:
Very educative. I think this deserve front page.

Lalaticlala do the needful
Thank You, I've u been infected before or you've seen someone dts been infected before
Re: Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) - All You Need To Know by xband: 8:52pm On Jun 30, 2016
MidasTouche01:

Thank You, I've u been infected before or you've seen someone dts been infected before

I think my soon to be ex has that kind of infection. The symbol you mention like 'pain low down in your tummy'. She sometimes complain of pain in the lower part of her tummy.
I feel she has UTI
Re: Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) - All You Need To Know by MidasTouche01(m): 9:09pm On Jun 30, 2016
xband:

I think my soon to be ex has that kind of infection. The symbol you mention like 'pain low down in your tummy'. She sometimes complain of pain in the lower part of her tummy.
I feel she has UTI

It could be just ordinary menstrual pain, it's better to be diagnosed by a doctor,

BTW, hope u always protected....
Re: Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) - All You Need To Know by xband: 10:37pm On Jun 30, 2016
MidasTouche01:

It could be just ordinary menstrual pain, it's better to be diagnosed by a doctor,

BTW, hope u always protected....
It always happens few days to her menses. Yeah, I'm always protected.
Re: Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) - All You Need To Know by MidasTouche01(m): 5:34am On Jul 01, 2016
xband:

It always happens few days to her menses. Yeah, I'm always protected.

Then it's surely menstrual pain, but it's better to be safe than sorry, she should see a doctor.
Re: Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) - All You Need To Know by blessingthanks: 7:10pm On May 15, 2017
Call expert for staphylococcus cure on 09027322832

(1) (Reply)

FG, Resident Doctors To Meet Over Strike Action / Low Quality Gold Circle Condoms / Man Dies After Maggot Infestation mouth (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.