Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,110 members, 7,828,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:09 PM

I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up (4233 Views)

Oyedepo Reacts To Femi Adesina's "Giving Land For Ranching Is Better Than Death" / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) / Peter Mutharika Accuses T.B Joshua Of Giving A Fake Prophecy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by twosquare(m): 11:07am On Jul 02, 2016
lordnicklaus:
I am almost done with religion. I feel like I have been robbed or possibly duped of my freedom.
My sense of reasoning is beginning to tingle, even the thought of the so-called hell fire doesn't scare me. I have considered some things that are impossible in the nature of things and which betray the thinking power of a rational mind.
I have also considered the possibility that God allows sufferings just to prove Himself. Even the design of certain creatures shows that things including suffering and chaos were planned from the onset (speaking with the probability that God exists). Seriously, if you wanted a peaceful world, why would you give the scorpion a sting or give the eagle a claw? This actually proves that God knew that peace wasn't gonna last and that one day, the scorpion would need its sting to defend itself. If God exists, He should reveal Himself through easily grasped means and not revealing Himself to a set and leaving the others in doubt. I am not in the position to disprove God's existence neither am I sure of His existence. Theists would jump in now and say I do not have a relationship with the creator. A creator who plays deaf to prayers or blind to sufferings is not worth having a relationship with.

Scholar8200 herzern johnydon22 hahn IamDiabolic sweetcocoa lepasharon cloudgoddess urahara valentinemary ifenes Weah96 malvisguy212 Seun lalasticlala
The Spirit speaks expressly that in latter times, many shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits. Don't be seduced away from God. Be faithful until the end. You can read two posts which I will provide a link to. It might help you: http://scribeofrighteousness.net/why-the-scriptures-looks-crazy/
and http://scribeofrighteousness.net/apostasy-and-the-spirit-of-this-age/
Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by hopefulLandlord: 11:53am On Jul 02, 2016
hahn:

Bro, keep reading the bible and keep asking questions. The more you read it, the more you realize it is full of shit_

I fully agree with this

there's a reason they make us read the bible and take us to church since we were of our most impressionable age; that's to brainwash us, just read the bible like its your first time reading it, then you'll see its all hogwash

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by sonofthunder: 7:17pm On Jul 02, 2016
so the thread was a misleading lie before it began if you think about it.
Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by Demmzy15(m): 1:44am On Jul 03, 2016
I could remember when I had a discussion with this op when he probably still had some inclination to Christianity @ https://www.nairaland.com/3120635/christianity-vs-islam-which-older/1 but look at today. He's confused, Rilwon lexiconkabir, udatso, another one o. True2god, annunaki2, truthman2012 Ifeann, etc why not help your brother, these are people who need help not Muslims grin grin grin

Christianity is a goner on Nairaland! See 6 million converts o

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by Nobody: 1:59am On Jul 03, 2016
lordnicklaus:
I am almost done with religion. I feel like I have been robbed or possibly duped of my freedom.
My sense of reasoning is beginning to tingle, even the thought of the so-called hell fire doesn't scare me. I have considered some things that are impossible in the nature of things and which betray the thinking power of a rational mind.
I have also considered the possibility that God allows sufferings just to prove Himself. Even the design of certain creatures shows that things including suffering and chaos were planned from the onset (speaking with the probability that God exists). Seriously, if you wanted a peaceful world, why would you give the scorpion a sting or give the eagle a claw? This actually proves that God knew that peace wasn't gonna last and that one day, the scorpion would need its sting to defend itself. If God exists, He should reveal Himself through easily grasped means and not revealing Himself to a set and leaving the others in doubt. I am not in the position to disprove God's existence neither am I sure of His existence. Theists would jump in now and say I do not have a relationship with the creator. A creator who plays deaf to prayers or blind to sufferings is not worth having a relationship with.

Hey buddy, is it that you lost faith in religion totally or it's Christianity that you lost faith in, if its the latter why dont you try studying islam? This time not with prejudice but with an open mind, maybe you could find the answers you seek, Insha Allah........if you are willing to study islam I'm willing to help insha Allah,

Peace.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by Rilwon: 3:42am On Jul 03, 2016
Demmzy15:
I could remember when I had a discussion with this op when he probably still had some inclination to Christianity @ https://www.nairaland.com/3120635/christianity-vs-islam-which-older/1 but look at today. He's confused, Rilwon lexiconkabir, udatso, another one o. True2god, annunaki2, truthman2012 Ifeann, etc why not help your brother, these are people who need help not Muslims grin grin grin

The rate at which Christianity is going down ehn.. They will soon detect crude oil. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by cloudgoddess(f): 9:25am On Jul 03, 2016
Scholar8200:

But were these or any other used against ANY living being before the fall? Why is it that the Bible talks of a time when Lions will eat grass and not flesh? Obviously, God designed that all animals will eat the producers - plants alone
Wow. Christian logic is truly baffling at times. Alarming even.

I don't know whether to give a lesson on basic ecology or just save my breath. F*ck it, this just has to be said. I'll try to make it quick.

Lions never ate grass. Their dentition is a dead giveaway - long, sharp canines are for tearing flesh. Anatomically they are simply not shaped to chew down plant matter (compare a cow or zebra's teeth & bite to a lion's and you will see the functional dissimilarity).

Also, not only are their digestive systems unfit to break down cellulose (it would literally cause vomiting and constipation), but their carnivorous role is critical for maintaining the population balance of their herbivorous prey. Without carnivores, prey would quickly reproduce to excess, leading to food shortage and ultimately destruction of the ecosystem.

The bible is a book of myths and falsehoods written by extremely ignorant, primitive men. Whatever claims it makes regarding nature are very likely to be false. Value yourself and learn about the real world. You're wasting mental energy defending made up junk that makes absolutely no sense.

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by ilovetheline: 11:02am On Jul 03, 2016
Life seemed easier when instead of running to school I'd be like God let my teacher be late * with an outstanding 90% failure rate*. It is more satisfying to face up with everything with great kids like lepasharon [ kiss] by ur side
Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by ilovetheline: 11:07am On Jul 03, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Hey buddy, is it that you lost faith in religion totally or it's Christianity that you lost faith in, if its the latter why dont you try studying islam? This time not with prejudice but with an open mind, maybe you could find the answers you seek, Insha Allah........if you are willing to study islam I'm willing to help insha Allah,

Peace.
maybe you tell him of the amazing butcher feats
Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by Nobody: 11:13am On Jul 03, 2016
ilovetheline:
maybe you tell him of the amazing butcher feats

I don't know about that, tell me more of it?
Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by hopefulLandlord: 11:14am On Jul 03, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Peace.

nope, he should try

Aganjú - Orisha of volcanoes, the wilderness and rivers
Babalú Ayé - Orisha of the Earth and strongly associated with infectious disease and healing
Erinlẹ̀ - Orisha of medicine, healing, and comfort, physician to the gods
Èṣù - trickster, psychopomp and Orisha of crossroads, duality, beginnings, travelers, fertility and death
Ibeji - twin Orisha of vitality and youth
Kokou - a violent warrior Orisha
Ọbàtálá - creator of human bodies; Orisha of light, spiritual purity, and moral uprightness
Oduduwa - Orisha of Humans
Ògún - Orisha who presides over iron, fire, hunting, politics and war
Oko - Orisha of agriculture
Osanyin - Orisha of the forest
Oṣùmàrè - divine rainbow serpent associated with creation and procreation
Ọ̀ṣọ́ọ̀sì - Orisha of the hunt and forest
Ṣàngó - Orisha of thunder and lightning
Sopona - Orisha of smallpox, also known as Babalu Aye

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by udatso: 11:23am On Jul 03, 2016
Demmzy15:

Even though he sounds like a Christian, It is not Quite clear If he is dissapointed in Christianity Or in God.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by Nobody: 11:31am On Jul 03, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

nope, he should try

Aganjú - Orisha of volcanoes, the wilderness and rivers
Babalú Ayé - Orisha of the Earth and strongly associated with infectious disease and healing
Erinlẹ̀ - Orisha of medicine, healing, and comfort, physician to the gods
Èṣù - trickster, psychopomp and Orisha of crossroads, duality, beginnings, travelers, fertility and death
Ibeji - twin Orisha of vitality and youth
Kokou - a violent warrior Orisha
Ọbàtálá - creator of human bodies; Orisha of light, spiritual purity, and moral uprightness
Oduduwa - Orisha of Humans
Ògún - Orisha who presides over iron, fire, hunting, politics and war
Oko - Orisha of agriculture
Osanyin - Orisha of the forest
Oṣùmàrè - divine rainbow serpent associated with creation and procreation
Ọ̀ṣọ́ọ̀sì - Orisha of the hunt and forest
Ṣàngó - Orisha of thunder and lightning
Sopona - Orisha of smallpox, also known as Babalu Aye

Science has proven all these "gods" false, it has shown us, how thunder come about, so no need for sango, it has told us how twins are formed, no need for orisha ibeji, and has shown us how riduculus every thing on that list are, but it is yet to disprove the existence of ALLAH, you might ask why, well his book, unlike human made books, that is subject to errors has no single error in it, have you ever seen a book that just at the second chapter starts with "This is a book that has no doubts in it"{Quran2:2}?? And truly, it has no doubts, except for alleged doubts which has been dealt with over time.

Peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by hopefulLandlord: 12:08pm On Jul 03, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Science has proven all these "gods" false, it has shown us, how thunder come about, so no need for sango, it has told us how twins are formed, no need for orisha ibeji, and has shown us how riduculus every thing on that list are, but it is yet to disprove the existence of ALLAH, you might ask why, well his book, unlike human made books, that is subject to errors has no single error in it, have you ever seen a book that just at the second chapter starts with "This is a book that has no doubts in it"{Quran2:2}?? And truly, it has no doubts, except for alleged doubts which has been dealt with over time.

Peace.

funny how you quickly mentioned the ones that have been proven false

but magically ignored those ones that have not been proven false like OBATALA for instance; now go back and read it, then try those ones that have not been proven false
Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by ilovetheline: 12:21pm On Jul 03, 2016
lexiconkabir:

I don't know about that, tell me more of it?
it is thw main trend on news. Istanbul airort, isil, bokoharam
Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 03, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

funny how you quickly mentioned the ones that have been proven false

but magically ignored those ones that have not been proven false like OBATALA for instance; now go back and read it, then try those ones that have not been proven false

Obatala is believed to be "olorun's" son, hope I'm right? If thats the case, he is also believed to be part of the creator of human bodies where "olorun" gives lives to these bodies, which infact means that your olorun has associates that works with him, in creation, havent you heard of two captains cannot sail one ship? There would be chaos on earth,

"Allah has not taken any son, nor has there ever been with Him any deity. [If there had been], then each deity would have taken what it created, and some of them would have sought to overcome others. Exalted is Allah above what they describe"{Quran23:92}

Have you seen the difference between islamic concept of God compared to other religions?

what now differentiates your concept of the almighty to that of the ancient egyptians? Or that of the indians, because to them they also have gods designated to these things like rain, thunder and so on, so which should we believe? This was why i categorized them as "ridiculous"

Peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 03, 2016
ilovetheline:
it is thw main trend on news. Istanbul airort, isil, bokoharam

You dont expect me to go through this, do you? All these hizboshaytan(party of shaytan) has been denied by Islamic bodies, moreover muslims are the ones that suffer the most from their attacks, so what?
Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by ilovetheline: 1:08pm On Jul 03, 2016
lexiconkabir:

You dont expect me to go through this, do you? All these hizboshaytan(party of shaytan) has been denied by Islamic bodies, moreover muslims are the ones that suffer the most from their attacks, so what?
how about the into lady in kano
Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jul 03, 2016
ilovetheline:
how about the into lady in kano

This thread might help you, dont read in a hurry, thanks!

https://www.nairaland.com/3147795/blaspheming-prophets-legal-ethical-viewpoints
Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by Demmzy15(m): 2:46pm On Jul 03, 2016
Rilwon:

The rate at which Christianity is going down ehn.. They will soon detect crude oil. grin
grin grin grin grin
Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by ilovetheline: 3:03pm On Jul 03, 2016
lexiconkabir:

This thread might help you, dont read in a hurry, thanks!

https://www.nairaland.com/3147795/blaspheming-prophets-legal-ethical-viewpoints
so there is a justification for killing the igbo lady in kano.( in such situations will do the same) *I didnt read it. Just answer this short question with a concise answer*
Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 03, 2016
ilovetheline:
so there is a justification for killing the igbo lady in kano.( in such situations will do the same) *I didnt read it. Just answer this short question with a concise answer*

Common dont be lazy!

Anyway in brief, what happened in kano is jungle justice(This happens everywhere) and not near what Islam teaches, but i still urge you to read it.....
Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by ilovetheline: 5:35pm On Jul 03, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Common dont be lazy!

Anyway in brief, what happened in kano is jungle justice(This happens everywhere) and not near what Islam teaches, but i still urge you to read it.....
clarify something. When is mohammad ro return?
Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jul 03, 2016
ilovetheline:
clarify something. When is mohammad ro return?

His mission on earth has been completed, just as this Quranic verse establishes,

".....This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion......."{Quran5:3}

So he isnt going to leave his grave until the day of resurrection, this day of resurrection he will be the first to be resurrected.
Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by Obadiah77(m): 5:49pm On Jul 03, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Peace.

You sounded more like a lgnorant. I guess you haven't been reading your koran. How would you say their is no doubt in the quran when actually there are lot of contradictory verses and confusion in it?
How come all Muslims don't agree to the same doctrine?
Watch what you say, we here are not fools like you.
Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by Obadiah77(m): 5:52pm On Jul 03, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Common dont be lazy!

Does that change the fact that, Islam sanction death for blasphemers
Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by Obadiah77(m): 5:56pm On Jul 03, 2016
lexiconkabir:

What the Bleep? Are they not reading the same Koran you are reading? Are they not reading the same junk of hadit nonsense you are reading?

You guys really need to start using your head.
Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 03, 2016
Obadiah77:

You sounded more like a lgnorant. I guess you haven't been reading your koran. How would you say their is no doubt in the quran when actually there are lot of contradictory verses and confusion in it?
Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 03, 2016
Obadiah77:

Lets start from here, are you a Christian?
Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by Presbulg(m): 6:01pm On Jul 03, 2016
lepasharon:

Don't get smug. Someone who doesn't believe in the christian God, is unlikely going to believe the Islamic one either .
Afterall, if there was no bible there will be no Quran

The bible has been proven to copied from other books while about the Quran it's been proven no human can compile such words.

I'd still like to see the reason(s) why you think if there wasn't a bible there wouldn't have been any Quran.
Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by Obadiah77(m): 6:03pm On Jul 03, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Lets start from here, are you a Christian?

I used to be a Christian but now I am not. I stopped being a Christian few months ago after finding out the lies therein just like islam.

1 Like

Re: I Am On The Verge Of Giving Up by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 03, 2016
Obadiah77:

I used to be a Christian but now I am not. I stopped being a Christian few months ago after finding out the lies therein just like islam.

Oh......did you study Islam at all? Be frank, don't lie pls.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Let Us Work On A Strategy Fellow Pagans! Let Us Destroy XTIANISM & Save 9JAAAAA / Are Trinitarians Ignorant Of What Moses Said? / To My Fellow Christians Out There, ''does Pulgatory Really Exist''?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.