Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,824 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Lagos-Calabar Railway: FG And CCECC sign $11.12bn MoU - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos-Calabar Railway: FG And CCECC sign $11.12bn MoU (22400 Views)

Abeokuta Railway: FG Relocates Abeokuta Train Station Again / Disasters Are Waiting To Occur On Railway Tracks In Lagos (PHOTOS) / Body Parts Of A Dead Woman At Oshodi Railway (Graphic Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos-Calabar Railway: FG And CCECC sign $11.12bn MoU by Thobiy(m): 6:44pm On Jul 01, 2016
Boscojugunu:
Change is here to stay. It might be slow, but believe me we will surely get there. But what about the 60 billion naira budgeted for the project. Someone should please where that is going to
Naso
Re: Lagos-Calabar Railway: FG And CCECC sign $11.12bn MoU by wellmax(m): 6:44pm On Jul 01, 2016
Shuuu, $800M lower despite a fall in the value od the Naira. Hmmm that's good.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Railway: FG And CCECC sign $11.12bn MoU by jmichlins(m): 6:45pm On Jul 01, 2016
I do not believe that a project as massive as that will create just 400 direct job

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Railway: FG And CCECC sign $11.12bn MoU by Idrismusty97(m): 6:45pm On Jul 01, 2016
And here comes more MoUs.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Railway: FG And CCECC sign $11.12bn MoU by FYB(m): 6:45pm On Jul 01, 2016
Xx
Re: Lagos-Calabar Railway: FG And CCECC sign $11.12bn MoU by donfranklin(m): 6:46pm On Jul 01, 2016
Good to hear
Re: Lagos-Calabar Railway: FG And CCECC sign $11.12bn MoU by babadee4reality: 6:46pm On Jul 01, 2016
Intresting
Re: Lagos-Calabar Railway: FG And CCECC sign $11.12bn MoU by Jorussia(m): 6:47pm On Jul 01, 2016
id911:
So it was Goodluck Jonathan administration that awarded the contract, why then were they lying it was Amaechi that conceived the idea of the project?The truth is gradually coming out
this project has been in the pipeline since the administration of obj.GEJ was unable to put the counter fund of Nigeria into the budget. This is the only administration that has provided funds for its execution in the budget.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos-Calabar Railway: FG And CCECC sign $11.12bn MoU by Crownofwealth(m): 6:47pm On Jul 01, 2016
this project will develop Delta state more as it passes thru 5 major towns in Delta state.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Railway: FG And CCECC sign $11.12bn MoU by utytill(m): 6:48pm On Jul 01, 2016
Ameachi and railway?
Re: Lagos-Calabar Railway: FG And CCECC sign $11.12bn MoU by Pilate2016(m): 6:49pm On Jul 01, 2016
God bless pmb

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Railway: FG And CCECC sign $11.12bn MoU by Qmerit(m): 6:51pm On Jul 01, 2016
God bless GEJ but, the price was too high better than nothing.
God bless PMB for rejecting that budget when senate removed the project, it's now am even knowing the number of states it covers
God bless Amaechi for a good fight on this project though completing it is another thing, once it is started it must be completed some day by anyone
God bless ministry of transport for good bargain skills for that huge amount reduced from the initial price.
God bless Nigeria.
Just pray, gradually we would get there one day.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Calabar Railway: FG And CCECC sign $11.12bn MoU by Crieff(m): 6:51pm On Jul 01, 2016
What sort of rail line are these people building for $11bn?

Does this include the train itself?

How can you build a rail line for $11bn?

***Modified***

After a little research, I admit that I was wrong. I really didn't know these things could be awfully expensive. I assert, however, that if Nigerian engineering profs as well as scientists were truly up to the task...it shouldn't cost us more than $10b maybe lesser. Very well. Godspeed!!!

3 Likes

Re: Lagos-Calabar Railway: FG And CCECC sign $11.12bn MoU by uchwar1: 6:51pm On Jul 01, 2016
govt is working
Re: Lagos-Calabar Railway: FG And CCECC sign $11.12bn MoU by wristbangle: 6:52pm On Jul 01, 2016
It's a welcome development and I pray it is fully implement so that enemies of progress can be put to shame.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Railway: FG And CCECC sign $11.12bn MoU by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:53pm On Jul 01, 2016
This is a welcome development.
Where are those haters?

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Railway: FG And CCECC sign $11.12bn MoU by nintal(m): 6:55pm On Jul 01, 2016
I love Buhari, nice move.

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Railway: FG And CCECC sign $11.12bn MoU by 4nobody4every1: 6:55pm On Jul 01, 2016
GudluckIBB:
Contract was awarded by GEJ but he didn't implement it.

Rather, he used the money to buy yams for his fellow Yam eaters.
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Railway: FG And CCECC sign $11.12bn MoU by Efizzi: 6:56pm On Jul 01, 2016
Hmm I hope fresh set of militants wouldn't blow up the segment that pass through PH and Bayelsa

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Railway: FG And CCECC sign $11.12bn MoU by Semper247(m): 6:56pm On Jul 01, 2016
Jorussia:
.This is another testimony that this administration is a scam. The construction of this railway will provide jobs to thousands of Nigerians.I strongly believe in the determination of this administration to reposition Nigeria for economic and infrastructural greatness.

Take a deep breath, calm down....

Now come again

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Calabar Railway: FG And CCECC sign $11.12bn MoU by ruffDiamond: 7:00pm On Jul 01, 2016
wink grin cheesy my President is working no more eating yam wey no be ya own ..
Re: Lagos-Calabar Railway: FG And CCECC sign $11.12bn MoU by jieta: 7:02pm On Jul 01, 2016
even if it is three years tym and it becomes a reality my family and i we vote for u for third term
Re: Lagos-Calabar Railway: FG And CCECC sign $11.12bn MoU by 19naia(m): 7:03pm On Jul 01, 2016
So where will it cross the river Niger? Will they build a dedicated bridge in the face of the 2nd Niger river bridge that seems to not be able to get up off the banks of the river Niger.

If they can do it, it will be a great benefit and ease added to the major flow of traffic across the Niger river. Its sad that only one bridge serves the bulk of traffic from such a densely populated area, And its helped Onitsha become among the worst air pollution locations on earth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Calabar Railway: FG And CCECC sign $11.12bn MoU by push23: 7:04pm On Jul 01, 2016
Do not build it.

$11 billion. It is fraud.

It is fraud.

Lagos to calabar rail is 419

Only an lagos to Abuja train is real.

Nobody is going to calabar from lagos

][/size]

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lagos-Calabar Railway: FG And CCECC sign $11.12bn MoU by ruffDiamond: 7:05pm On Jul 01, 2016
wink grin cheesy my President is working no more eating yam wey no be ya own .. angry
Re: Lagos-Calabar Railway: FG And CCECC sign $11.12bn MoU by truthspeaks: 7:06pm On Jul 01, 2016
No oo. they shld keep acting insensitive n do as if d economy doesn't matter. They ll win in 2019 wit chasing opposition wit efcc
Viktor1983:
it's time for the govt to win the hearts of the masses by following these MoU's up...

1 Like

Re: Lagos-Calabar Railway: FG And CCECC sign $11.12bn MoU by eph12(m): 7:07pm On Jul 01, 2016
Zico5:
Thank God o, if not for Buhari, this one would have gone down the drain just like that. Who even know where Gej diverted that huge amount to. It has been shared like the former. Thank God we done with those rogues called PDP.
Am not holding brief for the previous administration but your sense should tell you that a contract signed or agreed does not automatically mean it has been implemented. What if money was not released for it? What if the previous administration were planning to add it to the next budget if they had been reelected? Kudos to the present administration for renegotiating the amount involved but it could have been cheaper. Is construction work in Nigeria that expensive compared to the outside world especially in advanced countries?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos-Calabar Railway: FG And CCECC sign $11.12bn MoU by Lyoncrescent: 7:10pm On Jul 01, 2016
To be honest, the government should sell off all the existing railway corporation assets to the private sector . government should only regulate. They should also sell off all the airports to international investors. Anything under the control of the Nigerian Government doesn't work.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos-Calabar Railway: FG And CCECC sign $11.12bn MoU by blarkraimez: 7:19pm On Jul 01, 2016

Before you all crucify me. Kindly look at the average cost of Chinese Construction of railines from the well respected Railway Finance website http://www.railway-technical.com/finance.shtml

This is not an underground rail line neither is it a high-speed. Let us even assume it is high speed, we are looking at $10 million per kilometer.

Even at the price, if we take 800km to be the total distance, we are looking at $8billion at most. Who steals the remaining $5 billion?

Nigeria is a dead country. I continue to say this. We are a dead nation. Even after "spending" all that money we may not even see the rail way. Just imagine what someone is planning to steal in the name of change?

Again, I repeat, Nigeria is sunken ship. We are a dead nation. No hope for a corrupt cesspit!
Mr right, did you check the part where they said" it will cover all the seaport enroute? What of the fact that those people that will construct it are expartrate and dia charges will be different? What of the raw materials,can ds nation boast of all the rawmaterial to finance ds project.....add up the import rates, expatrate and Nigeria factor. And tell me ao on earth it will be the same thing with dos ones you showed earlier. A

8 Likes

Re: Lagos-Calabar Railway: FG And CCECC sign $11.12bn MoU by asha81: 7:23pm On Jul 01, 2016
This is a good link. The East is benefiting immensely from the project. This including the Onitsha 2nd Niger bridge will further advance Onitsha and Asaba axis.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Appeals To U.S Over Visa Ban / Your Rights When Dealing With A FRSC Official In Nigeria / Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.