Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,081 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Your Rights When Dealing With A FRSC Official In Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Your Rights When Dealing With A FRSC Official In Nigeria (22426 Views)

FRSC Official Crushed By A Moving Tanker While Chasing Bus Driver (graphic Pic) / FRSC Official, Traffic Offender Crushed To Death In Ondo (Photos) / FRSC Official Hanging On A Moving Vehicle In Enugu State - Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Rights When Dealing With A FRSC Official In Nigeria by AutoReportNG: 8:17pm On Jul 08, 2019
FRSC stands for Federal Road Safety Corps. Their mandate is to prevent or minimize accidents on the highway; clear obstructions on any part of the highways; and educate drivers, motorists and other members of the public generally on the proper use of the highways. They are also charged with the management of drivers’ licenses and vehicle number plates.

What Are Their Powers?
- Arrest any person suspected of having committed an offence
- Remove and detain any illegally parked vehicle
- Endorse your driving licence if found guilty of offence;
- Seize the driver’s licence of any person suspected to have committed an offence and/or the documents or particulars in respect of the vehicles
- Impound a vehicle suspected to have been stolen where the driver fails to produce the particulars of the vehicle
- Declare an offender as wanted when he fails to report to answer the charge against him

Your Rights
If an FRSC official, arrests you for allegedly contravening a road traffic offence; you can either:

- Accept liability and pay the summary fine, or
- Contest the charge and ask for a trial by a court of competent jurisdiction

Making A Complaint
If you have a complaint about the conduct or activities of an FRSC official during the exercise of his/her functions, these are the steps you are to follow:

- Take note of the FRSC official’s name, it is written boldly on their uniform
- Note down the date, time and place of commission of the issue you are complaining about
- Write a covering letter detailing the nature of your complaint and what transpired
- If you have witnesses to the act complained about, have the witness write a statement as well
- Put all your contact information (and those of the witness if any) on the correspondence
- Include any additional information like pictures, videos, or documents to buttress your complaint.
- Send it through email at info@frsc.gov.ng, complaints@frsc.gov.ng, or frscsocialpages@frsc.gov.ng
- Deliver in person or by post at – Federal Road Safety Corps, National Headquarters, 3 Maputo Street., Zone 3, Wuse, Abuja, Nigeria.
- Ensure you get confirmation of receipt of your complaint
- If you do not get a response or you receive an unsatisfactory response, you may contact a lawyer and instruct them to take the matter further

Credit:
LawPadi

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/07/your-rights-when-dealing-with-frsc.html

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Rights When Dealing With A FRSC Official In Nigeria by AutoReportNG: 8:17pm On Jul 08, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Your Rights When Dealing With A FRSC Official In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 08, 2019
grin
Re: Your Rights When Dealing With A FRSC Official In Nigeria by daddytime(m): 8:32pm On Jul 08, 2019
VIO.....Abuja motorists terrorists

10 Likes

Re: Your Rights When Dealing With A FRSC Official In Nigeria by weyreypey: 10:51pm On Jul 08, 2019
daddytime:
VIO.....Abuja motorists terrorists
Kai I was surprised when I saw people running from vio in Abuja

11 Likes

Re: Your Rights When Dealing With A FRSC Official In Nigeria by MayorofLagos(m): 10:57pm On Jul 08, 2019
We have too much enforcement agencies with no bite.

I see some people in uniform and dont even know who they are or do.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Rights When Dealing With A FRSC Official In Nigeria by chinavs9ja(m): 10:21am On Jul 09, 2019
wink thanks

I am a professional website designer...kindly check my signature
Re: Your Rights When Dealing With A FRSC Official In Nigeria by seyigiggle: 10:21am On Jul 09, 2019
do we have rights in this country?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Rights When Dealing With A FRSC Official In Nigeria by omonla10(m): 10:22am On Jul 09, 2019
Op bia.. Have u ever heard of task force... Those ones are above the law.. Once dem catch u, u are guilty as charged..
Yesterday, I saw them catch over 20 cars for avoiding a big pothole around Ile zik thereby forming another lane.. Omo, na to appear for court straight.. Those guys are not smiling at all

2 Likes

Re: Your Rights When Dealing With A FRSC Official In Nigeria by XTHRONE(m): 10:22am On Jul 09, 2019
I no even dey stop for them, their wahala plenty.

4 Likes

Re: Your Rights When Dealing With A FRSC Official In Nigeria by captianfreeman(m): 10:24am On Jul 09, 2019
This is merely an academic exercise.

1 Like

Re: Your Rights When Dealing With A FRSC Official In Nigeria by osejie17(m): 10:27am On Jul 09, 2019
IF you have all the necessary papers no need to fear.

1 Like

Re: Your Rights When Dealing With A FRSC Official In Nigeria by AsomArchitectNG(m): 10:27am On Jul 09, 2019
Informative

1 Like

Re: Your Rights When Dealing With A FRSC Official In Nigeria by aaking(m): 10:27am On Jul 09, 2019
FRSC is not d problem but VIO. Do you no that 75% of accidents in Lagos are cause by VIO during the time of Fashola administration. There billing start from 20k but Frsc is 3k, 4k

3 Likes

Re: Your Rights When Dealing With A FRSC Official In Nigeria by Mogajunior(m): 10:27am On Jul 09, 2019
Going by the way FRSC Parade themselves daily on our roads recently, I would say they are more after generating revenue than the safety of our roads.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Rights When Dealing With A FRSC Official In Nigeria by JIDECAC: 10:27am On Jul 09, 2019
smiley
Re: Your Rights When Dealing With A FRSC Official In Nigeria by Kreamie(m): 10:28am On Jul 09, 2019
I’d rather face a judge than pay a bloody fine. undecided

1 Like

Re: Your Rights When Dealing With A FRSC Official In Nigeria by Olujoe1(m): 10:28am On Jul 09, 2019
Give them #500 and forget all stories

1 Like

Re: Your Rights When Dealing With A FRSC Official In Nigeria by ashantitope: 10:28am On Jul 09, 2019
Please like how many days Grace can they give someone that his driver's license expires and secondly are they doing it in there office along sangotedo road in ajah axis please I need response ASAP
Re: Your Rights When Dealing With A FRSC Official In Nigeria by Kingluqman(m): 10:29am On Jul 09, 2019
For Naija, making that kind of complain na looooooong thing!!!

One year dem no go read your letter
grin

1 Like

Re: Your Rights When Dealing With A FRSC Official In Nigeria by Cyberfemtex(m): 10:32am On Jul 09, 2019
FRSC wicked die..... If you like beg tire dem no dey gree..
It's good Sha, dispensing your duties but not at the peril of car owners.
Re: Your Rights When Dealing With A FRSC Official In Nigeria by yinkus6750(m): 10:34am On Jul 09, 2019
Why posting letter?
Go ahead and publish on social media.
Re: Your Rights When Dealing With A FRSC Official In Nigeria by Jaqenhghar: 10:37am On Jul 09, 2019
The only Niggerian with any right is a rich niggerian. Dont get me wrong. The less privileged like it like that

1 Like

Re: Your Rights When Dealing With A FRSC Official In Nigeria by vincentjk(m): 10:39am On Jul 09, 2019
ashantitope:
Please like how many days Grace can they give someone that his driver's license expires and secondly are they doing it in there office along sangotedo road in ajah axis please I need response ASAP

Give them N500 and pass jejely

1 Like

Re: Your Rights When Dealing With A FRSC Official In Nigeria by Eeroh95(m): 10:39am On Jul 09, 2019
Small "kudi", "owo", "ego" go solve either guilty or not. Thanks
Re: Your Rights When Dealing With A FRSC Official In Nigeria by dumodust(m): 10:45am On Jul 09, 2019
The thing is their enforcement is selective... We law abiding citizens get stopped more than buses and transport vehicles they are obviously not road worthy, I refused to stop for one recently because of that reason... He ignored a dead crawling vehicle in front of me obviously because he felt he will gain more if I don't have what they demand.
I also think they should upgrade and get more tech to automatically verify numbers, names, vehicle id and not just asking for the physical license. Driving under the influence of alcohol is also a major problem which I think should come to the fore.
Standing on the road will not cause the change they need, they should just educate the public more and install cctvs to capture erring plate numbers and cars which can now be stopped even at a different location or prevented from renewing when it is due

6 Likes

Re: Your Rights When Dealing With A FRSC Official In Nigeria by Choice22(m): 10:46am On Jul 09, 2019
What is the difference between a FRSC and VIO?

because even VIO does all motioned above.

That is how one police officer stopped me one day and was asking for my drivers license

Me: Oga police I can't show you my drivers license, you can only asked of my particulars just to be sure is not a stolen car.

Police officer: are you teaching me my job?

1 Like

Re: Your Rights When Dealing With A FRSC Official In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:56am On Jul 09, 2019
FRSC and Police are struggling for the award of BEST EGUNJE COLLECTORS OF THE MILLENIUM.

The now do it very openly ooooo, their mobile courts na fundraising exercise.

grin

1 Like

Re: Your Rights When Dealing With A FRSC Official In Nigeria by pacespot(m): 11:03am On Jul 09, 2019
cool. but everything na money money nowadays. no time to stress for nothing

(1) (2) (Reply)

Universities In Canada With Low Tuition Fee / Many Feared Dead As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Ondo / Nigerians In Singapore Urgent Help From You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.