Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,611 members, 7,820,176 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor (44433 Views)

Ukoma Michael Builds Standing Fan Using Wires Without Electricity (Photos) / Mubarak Abdullahi Builds Helicopters In His House / Ishola Babatunde Isaac Builds Robots At Home (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by macanu(m): 10:08pm On Jul 01, 2016
My advice-my dear brother tae ur innovation to another country and sell it to dem so they can import it back to nigeria that's what our government like,don't let ur talent waste there but I pray they see ur vision and buy it,nigeria no b country to put all ur hope on.weldone
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by edbor(m): 10:08pm On Jul 01, 2016
doctors practice their profession by treating patient be surgery or what have you. .

that man is an engineer, he is simply practising his profession. .

only thing is we are in Nigeria, and I commend him
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by piagetskinner(m): 10:12pm On Jul 01, 2016
WoW I love this....

That's the advantage of being trained abroad...asin u go sabi the stuff to the fullest
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by anochuko01(m): 10:16pm On Jul 01, 2016
but the engineer isn't even 100% Nigerian.
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by kayalla(f): 10:19pm On Jul 01, 2016
nice work, more strength to you
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by Anabel(f): 10:37pm On Jul 01, 2016
More grease to your elbow. I hope the govt can see this and work on making him a big shot tractor engineer. Proud of you man!
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by Burgerlomo: 10:50pm On Jul 01, 2016
nortcentrallord:
Very cool. If it's capable of withstanding the Nigerian terrain and it's spare parts are affordable and readily available then the Nigerian government should give him a shot. Even Innoson can incorporate him or all these politicians building hotels and filling stations every where can as well invest in him not minding if the wealth is ill gotten. Better than taking it abroad or wasting it on unusefull businesses.

I hope the polithiefcian can do it, but instead they preferred to invest in women's bore hole.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by Rossikk(m): 11:35pm On Jul 01, 2016
EVILFOREST:
It is now OBVIOUS that NIGERIANS want to grow but the NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT has refused

What is all this nonsense about 'government' this and 'government' that?

What about the private sector? IE YOU?

It is the job of the PRIVATE SECTOR, NOT GOVERNMENT, to exploit these talents that abound in the country. We are not a communist country. We are capitalists. The government's job is to provide the enabling environment, infrastructure etc. NOT to do anything with what our inventors design, or whatever.

Nigeria is full of rich men. Go and harass them. Leave government alone please.

What stops any Nigerian millionaire from calling this guy, and telling him to run a new tractor construction plant? Nothing!
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by teebillz: 11:43pm On Jul 01, 2016
Sugarhugs:
Shit looks tight like Virgin Pusey.

Ahan Nairaland guys self. Make una get chill.

I said the tractor is looking dope. I mean its good haba.

U people should not quote me o

Chai! And you look like one innocenty o. Anyways, I love like you. Good bad girl.
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by Rossikk(m): 11:45pm On Jul 01, 2016
piagetskinner:
WoW I love this....

That's the advantage of being trained abroad...asin u go sabi the stuff to the fullest

Nonsense. Our engineering graduates in this Nigeria can build that thing - IF they want to, and have the ambition. It's not technically beyond them at all. INNOSON did not even attend university at all, yet he manufactures cars, SUVs, buses, and trucks!
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by kashflynn(m): 11:47pm On Jul 01, 2016
Private investors, with private funds not public funds

saints2:
I think its time FG start looking inwards to promote our own... Kudos..

More pictures here.

http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2016/07/uk-trained-nigerian-engineer-timothy.html
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by teebillz: 11:49pm On Jul 01, 2016
Layooluwa:
This is wowshocked. Lemme go and meet him. He must to teach me how to make one toocheesy

Only if you will allow him. From my experience with ladies, any one-on-one tutorial leads to something else.
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by YaksonFCA(m): 12:04am On Jul 02, 2016
Impressive. Keep it up guy.
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by rhektor(m): 12:12am On Jul 02, 2016
pippimp:

That is not a tractor. A tractor has large rear wheels by definition.

Will you tell us the name according you, Mr whinger

1 Like

Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by TomLepskie(m): 12:19am On Jul 02, 2016
saints2:
I think its time FG start looking inwards to promote our own... Kudos..

More pictures here.

http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2016/07/uk-trained-nigerian-engineer-timothy.html

Believe me i don't know what Nigerian Govt is waiting for, we have the money, talent and the raw materials, what is holding us?
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by princetom1(m): 12:22am On Jul 02, 2016
0rex:

Haha...get out of my head cool

Same thing i always say

1 Like

Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by pippimp(m): 12:30am On Jul 02, 2016
rhektor:

Will you tell us the name according you, Mr whinger

It is for the the guy who pimped the ride to tell you. Don't take my word for it. Research the definition of a tractor and see. Would be comfortable with someone calling a bicycle a car?
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by DavSagacity(m): 12:43am On Jul 02, 2016
Thats not a tractor but a truck. A tractor is a multi purpose machine that can be used to power other mounted implements for the purpose of executin farm operations. gud work by the engineer though. but that cannot be classified as a tractor.
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by lemolemo: 12:52am On Jul 02, 2016
Well done sir

Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by tdayof(m): 2:06am On Jul 02, 2016
SMREXY:
Now this is what I call invention...
manufacturing is a better word to describe not invention Or probably innovation.
To the post, more success to him ahead. Amen.
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by tdayof(m): 2:12am On Jul 02, 2016
Rossikk:

What is all this nonsense about 'government' this and 'government' that?

What about the private sector? IE YOU?

It is the job of the PRIVATE SECTOR, NOT GOVERNMENT, to exploit these talents that abound in the country. We are not a communist country. We are capitalists. The government's job is to provide the enabling environment, infrastructure etc. NOT to do anything with what our inventors design, or whatever.

Nigeria is full of rich men. Go and harass them. Leave government alone please.

What stops any Nigerian millionaire from calling this guy, and telling him to run a new tractor construction plant? Nothing!

Your points ain't valid at all. Why should I run a power Plant because I find someone really talented to do that? Because I am rich doesn't mean i should go out and start building companies anyhow. These are the job of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. No one cares if we ain't communist. How many communist countries do we have? China etc?? Do you think in China you just go out and start building companies? Check out western countries, they have all got alot of programs being put in place by their government to expand their citizens talent what does the Nigerian government do? Do we even feel the impact of any technological development in this country?
Our government duty is to expand we citizens knowledge in whatever way probably by cosponsor through private companies.

1 Like

Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by Standing5(m): 2:35am On Jul 02, 2016
kingreign:
Cool, unlike the contraptions built by most Nigerian trained engineers which they termed as 'cars'.
I pity you. The difference btw what y call contraption and this is the advancement in tech in the society they were built. the naija based guys may not have solid 3d printer and labs to help produce stunning prototypes bodies but theirs function very well like u any other
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by jbichene(m): 2:43am On Jul 02, 2016
kingreign:
Cool, unlike the contraptions built by most Nigerian trained engineers which they termed as 'cars'.
na wa ooo "Nigerian Engineers" , we never trust our own
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by jbichene(m): 2:44am On Jul 02, 2016
Standing5:
I pity you. The difference btw what y call contraption and this is the advancement in tech in the society they were built. the naija based guys may not have solid 3d printer and labs to help produce stunning prototypes bodies but theirs function very well like u any other
finally someone that understands .
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by calabaman(m): 2:50am On Jul 02, 2016
viqSmallz:
weed at work...imagine tyres are now sexy
na me write all ds.
chei make una no vex.

1 Like

Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by cosycee(m): 3:13am On Jul 02, 2016
SMREXY:
Now this is what I call invention...

Define invention, please
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by Thobiy(m): 3:43am On Jul 02, 2016
Paulipopor:
Correct guy, correct work. May God bless his hustle.
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by calcal: 4:07am On Jul 02, 2016
Well done Egbos!
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by 19naia(m): 4:58am On Jul 02, 2016
I heard complaints today in USA about How strong the dollar is right now. The value of the dollar is at a high point and they dont like it.
£pound has fallen and $dollar is strong in its place ,but many other currencies around the world are falling such as with the Naira. All that is magnifying the $'s strength.
So why are the Sharp economic minds in USA complaining? Why are they not like the Nigerians who have been singing " Make 1 naira equal to $1" ?
The People in USA seem to want to be shouting "devalue the dollar". Why? Why is Japan happiest when their ¥ is over 100 to a $?

Productive countries don't want their currency of such a high value while other world currencies are very low, because those low value currency countries will not be able to afford the exchange rate in international commerce. USA knows vey well the value of export markets and the importance of international customers being able to afford to buy the exports after currency exchange happens. When the dollar is of a reasonably lower value, they sell more exports in USA. When the dollar is too high, they do not sell much. Also, very few americans would want to move to Nigeria and enjoy the N320-$1 exchange rate because Nigeria has very little to offer despite the favorable exchange rate. Americans can enjoy a high quality everywhere at a budget rate.

Imagine a Nigeria Making it's own JohnDeere tractors to boost farming and then exporting those farmed goods and local produced tractors to other african Nations? Nigeria doesn't even need to export beyond Africa to reach the ecnomic stratosphere.
The Local made tractor translates into road maintainace equipment beacuse roads are ploughed up just like fields. Its just a bit of redesign before a tractor becomes a road grader or bulldozer. Imagine all that locally made and the improvement to infrastructure without sending local money overseas and paying added shipping cost to bring back tractors and heavy equipment. ?

Local Productivity at every level is where it counts.
Japanese cars are sold world wide beyond any other car maker, so are their electronic products and heavy equipment. Even the Mighty USA cannot compete with sales of Japanese cars in their own country(USA). Japan is a top world economy with a top standard of living, but they prefer ¥100 to equal $1. They do not want $1 to equal ¥1. They sell to every country, the poorest and richest countries on earth. They want their currency to stay cheap enough for other currencies to survive the currency exchange process and they want to be cheap enough for americans to afford despite their own country being more expensive than USA. The average american cannot afford Japanese prices for living in Japan, but the currency exchange rate helps to balance things out while Japan remains expensive yet rich enough to pay livable wages to every one.

Nigeria is overpriced, underproductive and misdirected. But here we see the solution being born little by little. It may not be a world quality tractor but it is in the right direction for Nigeria and Africa. If the tractor can do real farm work in Nigeria, then it is a success no matter what country makes a better tractor. I hope it evolves into production of other heavy equipment for roads and other infrastructure works.
The more Nigeria produces at home, the less it will have to worry about currency value.

1 Like

Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by mployer(m): 5:06am On Jul 02, 2016
Does he know what 100% Nigerian means?

No such machine is 100% any country let alone Nigerian.
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by SMREXY(m): 5:31am On Jul 02, 2016
tdayof:
manufacturing is a better word to describe not invention Or probably innovation.
To the post, more success to him ahead. Amen.

cosycee:

Define invention, please
An invention is a unique or novel device, method, composition or process. The invention process is a process within an overall engineering and product development process. It may be an improvement upon a machine or product, or a new process for creating an object or a result.

I hope you are good with this...
Re: Timothy Addigi Builds A Nigerian Tractor by tdayof(m): 5:59am On Jul 02, 2016
SMREXY:

An invention is a unique or novel device, method, composition or process. The invention process is a process within an overall engineering and product development process. It may be an improvement upon a machine or product, or a new process for creating an object or a result.

I hope you are good with this...

No am not good with that dictionary definition. He won't get any patent for that as an invention.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

World’s Oldest Brewery In Ancient Egyptian City Discovered By Archaeologists / Native Cat Spotted At Yankari Game Reserve In Bauchi State. Photos / Jpmorgan Will Let Consumers Pay With Their Face Or Palm Instead Of A Card (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.