Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,404 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:02 AM

Let's Focus On Igboland - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let's Focus On Igboland (8540 Views)

Buhari Asked Us To Focus On Northern Nigeria — World Bank Chief / Buhari Sharpens Focus On Niger Delta By Garba Shehu / Northern Generals On Igboland Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by onepluone: 11:21pm On Jul 01, 2016
Igboid:

Yes, Igbo freedom groups have to do more.

I understand that it is easy for me to sit in the comfort of my home and job and criticize their modus operandi, I understand that it is not easy to put one's body on the line.

I mean, these guys have been giving up their lives willingly for this vision. But maybe, being in the field of play beclouds their judgement of situations, maybe some of us spectators can see one or two things they are not seeing. And maybe our criticism is not because we just want to be armchair analysts, maybe it's because we want to see them win.

And we don't see victory with their current approach to things, what's worth doing is worth doing well.

Something has to give way.

Nwanne, i apologise for not answering ur earlier reference. Onenaira took up all my time.

1 Like

Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by onepluone: 11:24pm On Jul 01, 2016
Igboid:

Peep like you are setting the Igbos up for a high jump too high that we will trip on it, with your emotional views and ways of thinking.

You need to be pragmatic for once, and learn the ways of the world.

You see the Ijaws as brothers, the average Ijaw man sees you as a greedy neighbor that is out to annex his lands, take his oil to delvelop your own " dry" lands, impoverish him and even believe that you have it in you to relocate him from his lands and replace him.

He sees Nigeria as the only thing keeping you in check from carrying out the above plans, which he believes you already had mapped out in your secret Igbo meetings.

And you are asking him to jump out from Nigeria( even though Nigeria is not fair to them) and jump into a bed with you, with Nigeria gone to give her protection from you carrying out your plans on her.

This is his mindset, your calling him a brother doesn't change this his view of you. That view is what you have to work with, you can't wish it away by drawing phantom maps and including his lands, (infact those maps to his already fixed mind is an evidence that you are out to take his lands from him).

Your only option is to accept this reality, only then can the real solution to it come.

How many times do we see yorubas opening thread and promoting the sentiment you emphasised?

Igbo should be defined as division. If it is not Osu, it is ikwere, if it is not anioma it is ndi wawa, if it is not ebonyi, it is abiriba.

Where does it stop nwanne, wen do we heal the wound and division? This is the question u must answer. good night!
Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by Igboid: 11:27pm On Jul 01, 2016
SlayerSupreme:
Meanwhile,I always get the feeling if a referendum is held in Akwa-Cross,they'll choose Biafra over Niger-Delta. Does anyone else feel so?

The Northern parts of Cross rivers will be easy.

But the southern part will need lots of consultations and public enlightenment. And that is not happening for now.

IPOB have not done enough home work in these places, any call for referendum in the SS right now will producing a shocking result for Ndiigbo.

Unless IPOB have made up their mind that they are working for a nation of just SE, Oshimili,Aniocha, Ndoni, Egbema, Oyigbo,Northern Cross River groups ( even this one is not a given), then they must stop this call for referendum and get to work. This time around, not on just radio, but on ground.

But this will be hard with the Nigerian security agencies ever ready on hand to arrest people at such gatherings.

This is a difficult situation. I doubt if these freedom groups have sat down to analyze these issues carefully, if they did, then it's not showing in their actions.
Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by SlayerSupreme: 11:28pm On Jul 01, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

You fail to realise one thing, referendum is not legally binding, can be easily manipulated.
And you can't decide for other ethnicities who claim they are not Igbo to partake in the referendum
Yes,I know. But I don't really think Ikwerre Igbo denial will make them refuse a referendum or deny Biafra outrightly( Forget Hopeatleg). Some still believe they're Igbos. From what is on ground,they're quite openly pro-Biafran but anti-Igbo (sounds odd right). So a referendum might actually still hold there. If they kick against it,all well and good. Referendum cannot be forced,that's why its a referendum.
Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by SlayerSupreme: 11:29pm On Jul 01, 2016
Proudlyngwa:
Some part of akwaibom ,the etimekpo side and the ogoja/ ugep side maybe. Others a big fat no
Okay.
Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by SlayerSupreme: 11:31pm On Jul 01, 2016
Igboid:

The Northern parts of Akwa Ibom will be easy.

But the southern part will need lots of consultations and public enlightenment. And that is not happening for now.

IPOB have not done enough home work in this places, any call for referendum in the SS right now will producing a shocking result for Ndiigbo.

Unless IPOB have made up their mind that they are working for a nation of just SE, Oshimili,Aniocha, Ndoni, Egbema, Oyigbo,Northern Cross River groups ( even this one is not a given), then they must stop this call for referendum and get to work. This time around, not on just radio, but on ground.

But this will be hard with the Nigerian security agencies ever ready on hand to arrest people at such gatherings.

This is a difficult situation. I doubt if these freedom groups have sat down to analyze these issues carefully, if they did, then it's not showing in their actions.
It's a very difficult situation really.
Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by Igboid: 11:33pm On Jul 01, 2016
I have a feeling that this thread would soon end up in tribalism section or outrightly deleted. shocked

1 Like

Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:34pm On Jul 01, 2016
SlayerSupreme:

That's why I said forget Biafra for now,
This current agitation is like building a house from the roof.
The Igbo nation needs a wakening up , but the call for now is not Biafr.a
Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:37pm On Jul 01, 2016
Igboid:
I have a feeling that this thread would soon end up in tribalism section or outrightly deleted. shocked

That is why we need to stop insults ,act maturedly , welcome ideas, and stop calling anyone that does not agree with us yoloba.
You can equally go to the first page of this thread, screenshot the useful quotes I mentioned or convert it to PDF for future reference.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:39pm On Jul 01, 2016
SlayerSupreme:

Yes,I know. But I don't really think Ikwerre Igbo denial will make them refuse a referendum or deny Biafra outrightly( Forget Hopeatleg). Some still believe they're Igbos. From what is on ground,they're quite openly pro-Biafran but anti-Igbo (sounds odd right). So a referendum might actually still hold there. If they kick against it,all well and good. Referendum cannot be forced,that's why its a referendum.

For now let's work for a greater and better Igbo nation within Nigeria.
We can do it together
Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by Igboid: 11:39pm On Jul 01, 2016
onepluone:

How many times do we see yorubas opening thread and promoting the sentiment you emphasised?

Igbo should be defined as division. If it is not Osu, it is ikwere, if it is not anioma it is ndi wawa, if it is not ebonyi, it is abiriba.

Where does it stop nwanne, wen do we heal the wound and division? This is the question u must answer. good night!

I have since passed the stage you currently are. You are being emotional, I am being a realist.

The picture I painted is the true state of things. Sweeping them under the carpet helps no one.

We have to tell ourselves the truth, only then will our redemption come.

1 Like

Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by Igboid: 11:41pm On Jul 01, 2016
SlayerSupreme:

Yes it is.
Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by Igboid: 11:44pm On Jul 01, 2016
SlayerSupreme:

The average Ikwerre is not pro Bia***. You can take this to the bank.
His mindset towards the Bia*** issue and the Igbo reaching out to him as a "brother" is exactly the same as the that of the Ijaws man that I described earlier.

Yes, there are pro Igbos amongst them, I recently added one of them to my friend lists from their page, but they are in the minority.

1 Like

Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by SlayerSupreme: 11:52pm On Jul 01, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

That's why I said forget Biafra for now,
This current agitation is like building a house from the roof.
The Igbo nation needs a wakening up , but the call for now is not Biafr.a
With the antecedents of the Northerners with Buhari leading,the general biting hardship and outright maligning of the Igbos,the calls won't die down anytime soon
Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by SlayerSupreme: 11:54pm On Jul 01, 2016
Igboid:

The average Ikwerre is not pro Bia***. You can take this to the bank.
His mindset towards the Bia*** issue and the Igbo reaching out to him as a "brother" is exactly the same as the that of the Ijaws man that I described earlier.

Yes, there are pro Igbos amongst them, I recently added one of them to my friend lists from their page, but they are in the minority.
Incredible. Okay. Their problems.
Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:59pm On Jul 01, 2016
SlayerSupreme:

With the antecedents of the Northerners with Buhari leading,the general biting hardship and outright maligning of the Igbos,the calls won't die down anytime soon

Antecedents of the north , I agree
Maligning of the Igbo's , that's not true.

Call Igbo's to return home first
Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by SlayerSupreme: 12:03am On Jul 02, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

Antecedents of the north , I agree
Maligning of the Igbo's , that's not true.

Call Igbo's to return home first
Home is not exactly favorable,if you're honest with yourself. Though,we can do better.
Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by Proudlyngwa(m): 12:12am On Jul 02, 2016
SlayerSupreme:

Home is not exactly favorable,if you're honest with yourself. Though,we can do better.

Home is not always better, is the volatile north better.
That is why I remain a proponent of one Nigeria and a vendor of a better Igbo nation
Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by Nobody: 12:25am On Jul 02, 2016
We cannot Dominate,All we can do is To Accommodate.
Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by Nobody: 12:30am On Jul 02, 2016
unity does not necessarily mean uniformity, it means that Differences are Accepted and acknowledge and Accommodated to the satisfaction of All herein.
Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by Nobody: 12:32am On Jul 02, 2016
If We're to Achieve One common goal,then we need to eradicate Tribalism and embrace uniformity!
Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by TheBiafran(m): 12:51am On Jul 02, 2016
technology will end it all........................ lets focus more on tech

1 Like

Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by Progressive01(m): 1:50am On Jul 02, 2016
Igboid:

Do you know the mindset of the average Ijaw towards the Igbo? I can assure you that it's not too far off from that of Yorubas, ofcourse there are Ijaws that are pro Igbo or just indifferent to the Igbo, but a large number of the average Ijaws still suffer from innate Igbophobia, rooted on falsehoods passed down to them by their parents about the Igbo.

I have noticed that most of these Igbo freedom seeking groups like IPOB and MASSOB hardly do their home works well, they just sit in the comfort of their homes and start drawing maps and lumping groups into the Igbo project without even trying as small as possible to gather intelligence on the sentiments prevalent amongst these groups towards the Igbo.

You can join Ijaw/Izon Facebook groups, there are many of them, and closely study the Igbophobic sentiments of most of their youths, then you pity IPOB and them Rest that are building castles on the air.

You see those people as brothers/ neighbors, they see you as a wolf in sheep clothing closing in to take their lands and crude oil (that currently don't belong to them) from them. They don't see you any different from Hausas and Yorubas, they see your plan of trying to build a nation with them, as you trying to displace their current masteers( North) that control their oil and replacing them( North) as their new masters in your new phantom republic.

Most of them have phantom stories handed down to them by their lying parents, of the Igbo attempt to kill them all or relocate them from their oil lands and replacing them with Igbos. They even have absurd stories of Igbos phantom failed attempt at renaming their towns by giving them Igbo New names.

And these ones on facebook are the educated ones amongst them that should know better, yet they hold strong to those absurd, unsubstantiated falsehoods handed down to them about Ndiigbo by their parents, you can only shiver at the thought of what the bizarre falsehoods the uneducated ones amongst them in the villages hold towards the Igbo would look like.

Brother, if you visit those Facebook pages, your outlook of things will change, if you see the amount of hate those peeps have for us, you will have no option but to return it to them in hundred folds, and you will come to take the stance that I am currently taking on this issue.
TonyeBarcanista, na which club u u come enter na? I been dey think say u go dey "here" today based on the "make sense packaging".

Meanwhile, come put mouth for this matter oo, no go dey hind behind dat fence dey pretend say you no see as dem boiz dey rip your people apart here. gringrin

#Continues sipping my Remy Martins. tongue

1 Like

Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by obailala(m): 4:33am On Jul 02, 2016
onepluone:

See gobe on top igbo matter. Nwokem, Ibu onye igbo?
Ebem si ogbasara gi? I am proudly one of the efulefus (as I am fondly called by intolerant bigots) who supported buhari in 2015 and who still supports him till date.

1 Like

Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by obailala(m): 4:35am On Jul 02, 2016
PhilemonObende:

We are saying the same thing my 'ibo brother'. As 'sensible ibos' we must always support buhari even he kills 1 trillion Igbos. Don't mind the Ipod bigots instead of them to join us in supporting murderer Buhari the pedophile, they are just throwing tantrum because GEJ lost.

You are sensible my fellow 'yoruba muslim ibo' brother. Infact you the most detribalized 'ibo-born' yoruba muslim. grin grin grin
Bleedy pained ipad... grin
Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by HopeAtHand: 5:59am On Jul 02, 2016
SlayerSupreme:

Referendum. IN or OUT.

IN..
Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by HopeAtHand: 6:05am On Jul 02, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

What happens to igweocha

Cc hopeathand

Iguocha is the correct spelling. It becomes the economic capital of Iwhnrohna Republic. Our Administrative capital will be decided later because we have zillion towns to pick

Ogoni will love to be a country of its own. I donate Etche and Oyigbo to SE Igbos.
Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:06am On Jul 02, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Iguocha is the correct spelling. It becomes the economic capital of Iwhnrohna Republic. Our Administrative capital will be decided later because we have zillion towns to pick

Ogoni will love to be a country of its own. I donate Etche and Oyigbo to SE Igbos.
Thanks for the explanation and donations,
Gladly accepted.
Is Iwhnroha official, I thought it was a degraded remark in retaliation to core Igbo's being called isoma
Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by Nobody: 7:07am On Jul 02, 2016
Bia Hopeathand are you thinking of what you're saying at all? Which one is iwhnrohna republic,on top that you're saying Ogoni will like to be a country? How many countries will now come out of Rivers state? Get real man.
Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:10am On Jul 02, 2016
Progressive01:
TonyeBarcanista, na which club u u come enter na? I been dey think say u go dey "here" today based on the "make sense packaging".

Meanwhile, come put mouth for this matter oo, no go dey hind behind dat fence dey pretend say you no see as dem boiz dey rip your people apart here. gringrin

#Continues sipping my Remy Martins. tongue
Collects the Remy martins, sips , discovers its refill , hands it back.
Idoma is coming with us or going with bus, whichever is preferable.
grin
Re: Let's Focus On Igboland by HopeAtHand: 7:11am On Jul 02, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

Thanks for the explanation and donations,
Gladly accepted.
Is Iwhnroha official, I thought it was a degraded remark in retaliation to core Igbo's being called isoma

Iwhnrohna is our name, the Whiteman anglicized it to Ikwerre.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2019: Buhari Remains The Best Option For Nigeria Right Now –ambode / FG Refineries Earn ₦21 Billion, Lose ₦778 Billion In Five Years / KDSG Condemns "Unlawful Actions By Unionists", Urges Residents To Stay Calm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.