Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,250 members, 7,829,461 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

A Sincere Questions For Catholics: Highest Percentage Apostates - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Sincere Questions For Catholics: Highest Percentage Apostates (492 Views)

Pentecostals Bash Catholics Yet They Celebrate Valentine The Most / Some Questions For CATHOLICS / A Sincere Questions For Catholics: Highest Percent of Apostates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Sincere Questions For Catholics: Highest Percentage Apostates by shadeyinka(m): 9:56am On Jul 02, 2016
My brethren, I do not mean any offence but I have an observation which need a careful investigation with a view of making corrections where it is needed.

Note:
I have broadly divided Christians into Catholics, Pentecostals, Evangelicals, Traditional Pentecostals (White Garment Churches) and Orthodox (African, Methodist, Anglican)

Its an observation and I could be wrong. The highest percentage of Christians by (denomination) especially in Nigeria that convert to ISLAM, GRAIL MESSAGE, ECK, ARMOC, ATHEISM seems to be from the catholic faith.

I am not talking about conversions based on love/marriage but conversions based on conviction of an adult. Is there a doctrinal failure? What is the problem? What are the solutions?

Pls non biased responses.
Re: A Sincere Questions For Catholics: Highest Percentage Apostates by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 02, 2016
Where is your proof
Re: A Sincere Questions For Catholics: Highest Percentage Apostates by shadeyinka(m): 2:40pm On Jul 02, 2016
Proof? I may not be able to give you statistics for I believe non exists to the best of my knowledge. However, I can authoritatively say that more than 95% of Christians converting to other faiths that I have met in my short life are Catholics.

I may also ask, do you have statistics to the contrary?
Re: A Sincere Questions For Catholics: Highest Percentage Apostates by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 02, 2016
shadeyinka:
Proof? I may not be able to give you statistics for I believe non exists to the best of my knowledge. However, I can authoritatively say that more than 95% of Christians converting to other faiths that I have met in my short life are Catholics.

I may also ask, do you have statistics to the contrary?

My brother focus on your own life and make it better first before any other thing undecided
Re: A Sincere Questions For Catholics: Highest Percentage Apostates by shadeyinka(m): 5:21pm On Jul 02, 2016
No offence intended. It was an observation...any one who converts to another faith must have compared and contrasted between where they are coming from and where they are going.

Those decisions must be respected. However the question I have is why is conversion away from Christianity higher amongst adult Catholics?

(1) (Reply)

The Pastor And The Poor / Is It Right Or OK For A Self-acclaimed Sinner To Pay Tithe? / The Fright Of Winner01

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.