Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

FAMILY Planning:should Christians Practice It - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / FAMILY Planning:should Christians Practice It (1199 Views)

Should Christians Care About Physical Appearance? / Why Should Christians Pray For Those Who Hate Them? / When a government is becoming ungodly: should Christians continue to obey? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FAMILY Planning:should Christians Practice It by Fastpace(f): 12:37pm On Jul 02, 2016
I see people go for family planning after 1 or 2 children,it makes me wonder that since it God that open the womb of hannah and rachel,why close the womb so dat children should cease coming for some years.Without faith we cannot please God,he shuld be the one to decide when and how many we have since they are gift.If it just by going intimacy that we have kids what about those that have none after several years of marriage.i also learnt some churches don't agree to it.Now that mean condom,withdrawal and all sort of family planning is a sin if we look at it very well.so if it finance and any other reason that make christians do it God knows ur state we are not wiser than him.
Re: FAMILY Planning:should Christians Practice It by osesology(m): 12:42pm On Jul 02, 2016
Hmmmmm... I'm seriously trying to understand you.
Re: FAMILY Planning:should Christians Practice It by osesology(m): 12:45pm On Jul 02, 2016
Hmmmmm... I'm seriously trying to understand you. Like seriously are u trying to say that since children are gifts from God, we should be giving birth to them anyhow yaghayagha?

Pls elucidate more on ur subject
Re: FAMILY Planning:should Christians Practice It by Fastpace(f): 2:42pm On Jul 02, 2016
What am saying is we want God to take control of our life but when it comes to childbearing we seems to want to take control of that part.my mother in-law had her child months apart within 2 &half years she had 2 boys and a girl,because of some marital issue they got divorce while she was still pregnant with the 3rd child,my hubby is the second child,if she had don F.P my husband wud nt hv bn born b4 they go their separate ways
osesology:
Hmmmmm... I'm seriously trying to understand you. Like seriously are u trying to say that since children are gifts from God, we should be giving birth to them anyhow yaghayagha?

Pls elucidate more on ur subject
Re: FAMILY Planning:should Christians Practice It by kevoh(m): 2:44pm On Jul 02, 2016
There are one or two natural family planning methods I know of that do not involve invasive procedures like the OP mentioned,swallowing of all sorts of contraceptive drugs, withdrawal method or use of condoms. The B illings O vulation M ethod is one of such safe and natural process of family planning/birth control that does not contravene most religious laws. With BOM, regular intimacy takes place but done when the couple is most certain the wife is on her infertile days in other not to lead to conception or done when the couple actually wants conception to take place. With regular mastery of BOM, preselection of female or male child by the couples can be done with 80 to 90 percent accuracy. I am also aware some (orthodox) churches like the Catholic Church teach such in their marriage classes.

Sometimes even for a 100% healthy couple,being ignorant of your most fertile day in a cycle and missing the chance to have serx that window period can be what leads to childlessness in couple for years despite regular serx which probably had been taken place on infertile days. This is what Billings method aim to teach, identifying your most fertile days, choosing whether to have serx or not on such days and save yourself the stress of going under the knife to remove your womb and related surgical procedures.

Ask google for more info on Billings Method.
Re: FAMILY Planning:should Christians Practice It by Fastpace(f): 3:33pm On Jul 02, 2016
kevoh:
There are one or two natural family planning methods I know of that do not involve invasive procedures like the OP mentioned,swallowing of all sorts of contraceptive drugs, withdrawal method or use of condoms. The B illings O vulation M ethod is one of such safe and natural process of family planning/birth control that does not contravene most religious laws. With BOM, regular intimacy takes place but done when the couple is most certain the wife is on her infertile days in other not to lead to conception or done when the couple actually wants conception to take place. With regular mastery of BOM, preselection of female or male child by the couples can be done with 80 to 90 percent accuracy. I am also aware some (orthodox) churches like the Catholic Church teach such in their marriage classes.

Sometimes even for a 100% healthy couple,being ignorant of your most fertile day in a cycle and missing the chance to have serx that window period can be what leads to childlessness in couple for years despite regular serx which probably had been taken place on infertile days. This is what Billings method aim to teach, identifying your most fertile days, choosing whether to have serx or not on such days and save yourself the stress of going under the knife to remove your womb and related surgical procedures.

Ask google for more info on Billings Method.
if God want a child to be born let say today for a purpose,and u stop that from coming 2ru any method isn't that a sin?
Re: FAMILY Planning:should Christians Practice It by kevoh(m): 5:30pm On Jul 02, 2016
Fastpace:
if God want a child to be born let say today for a purpose,and u stop that from coming 2ru any method isn't that a sin?
First as an atheist I don't play the god gamble. It makes you give shallow reasoning as you have done above and even makes such god petty. Of what purpose does your god have for the millions of children born through rape during wars and have to live with HIV all their life? Of what purpose does your god have for the children dying every day in IDP camps? Of what purpose do the countless almajiris roaming the north who are products of a poor father who can't stick to 2 or 3 kids rather overpopulate the country with begging children who can easily become Boko haram foot soldiers?

Now, if you had taken your time to read my initial post or done more research about BOM you would have realised that its a natural method which does not contravene religious teachings or what you people regard as sin.

If you have sex whenever and are fertile and healthy, without any natural or artificial contraceptive, you will get pregnant regardless whether you think its a sin or not.

1 Like

Re: FAMILY Planning:should Christians Practice It by Fastpace(f): 6:25pm On Jul 02, 2016
[quote author=k
If you have sex whenever and are fertile and healthy, without any natural or artificial contraceptive, you will get pregnant regardless whether you think its a sin or not.[/quote]That is what people like u who believe- fact,roll wit.be as fertile has anything.if its not the will of my God as u hv stated pregnancy will neva surface.
Re: FAMILY Planning:should Christians Practice It by Lordgel: 6:29pm On Jul 02, 2016
Nice write up op

1 Like

Re: FAMILY Planning:should Christians Practice It by Fastpace(f): 7:03pm On Jul 02, 2016
@ kevoh
who are u to question God,of wat purpose is this or dat.Blive wat u may dats ur take.
Re: FAMILY Planning:should Christians Practice It by kevoh(m): 7:43pm On Jul 02, 2016
Fastpace:
@ kevoh
who are u to question God,of wat purpose is this or dat.Blive wat u may dats ur take.
it is not a God factor but a question of basic biology. Let me ask you a simple question,if an H.I.V soldier in war torn country rapes a woman or a father rapes his daughter and you were a God in charge of giving children, would you in your infinite wisdom give one? Be careful of your response here and remember there are actual real life instances that have happened! I'm waiting smiley
Re: FAMILY Planning:should Christians Practice It by Fastpace(f): 10:34pm On Jul 02, 2016
kevoh:
it is not a God factor but a question of basic biology. Let me ask you a simple question,if an H.I.V soldier in war torn country rapes a woman or a father rapes his daughter and you were a God in charge of giving children, would you in your infinite wisdom give one? Be careful of your response here and remember there are actual real life instances that have happened! I'm waiting smiley
God's ways is different from our way,just has heaven is higher than the earth.I can never put myself in the place of God.
Re: FAMILY Planning:should Christians Practice It by kevoh(m): 10:58pm On Jul 02, 2016
Fastpace:
God's ways is different from our way,just has heaven is higher than the earth.I can never put myself in the place of God.
grin grin grin Kikiki, evading the question with the usual Christian apologetic line.I'm not the least surprised. wink

1 Like

Re: FAMILY Planning:should Christians Practice It by Nobody: 12:37am On Jul 03, 2016
So now Family planning is against God's will

Bereft of common sense....

I tire oooo grin

1 Like

Re: FAMILY Planning:should Christians Practice It by TheArchangel(f): 7:12am On Jul 03, 2016
The ovum will keep maturing ova and the womb will continue bringing forth until the woman is exhausted and die living behind her kids to roam the streets. I do not believe that religion makes someone ignorant.
Re: FAMILY Planning:should Christians Practice It by freecocoa(f): 7:14am On Jul 03, 2016
Da feck is she saying?
Re: FAMILY Planning:should Christians Practice It by freecocoa(f): 7:16am On Jul 03, 2016
Fastpace:
What am saying is we want God to take control of our life but when it comes to childbearing we seems to want to take control of that part.my mother in-law had her child months apart within 2 &half years she had 2 boys and a girl,because of some marital issue they got divorce while she was still pregnant with the 3rd child,my hubby is the second child,if she had don F.P my husband wud nt hv bn born b4 they go their separate ways
You need to get an education, ASAP, like wtf?
Re: FAMILY Planning:should Christians Practice It by Fastpace(f): 11:11am On Jul 03, 2016
Certainly the things of God is folishness before the eyes of men.i expect more mockery,insults and all sorts b4 opening this topic.
Re: FAMILY Planning:should Christians Practice It by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 03, 2016
I cannot believe this. Please keep on breeding kids till you reach menopause. Why not? Is it not God that would pay their school fee? Give then the best medical care? Provide job for them in this overpopulated Nigeria? Something's require common sense. How mNy kids does oyedepo, Adeboye, pastor Chris and the rest have? Oh! They stopped having kids Cod God could no longer afford to take care of the kids grin the earlier you and your type realise that You take responsibility for the kids you bear the better. No God will come down from heaven to help a delusioned woman like u. Your type are the reasons why Nigeria is where it is today. Imagine each family having a minimum of 12kids, how will the resources of the land be enough to feed the overpopulated nation? How would graduate get jobs? How would hospitals and d rest cope? Nigerian rich Pastors are sending their kids abroad to get the best out of life, and you're here wanting to have kids you will end up not being able to take care of. Religion is killing us in this country
Re: FAMILY Planning:should Christians Practice It by Fastpace(f): 4:03pm On Jul 10, 2016
SirWere:
So now Family planning is against God's will

Bereft of common sense....

I tire oooo grin
if i may ask.what makes u tink its not against God's will
Re: FAMILY Planning:should Christians Practice It by Fastpace(f): 4:16pm On Jul 10, 2016
classicB:
I cannot believe this. Please keep on breeding kids till you reach menopause. Why not? Is it not God that would pay their school fee? Give then the best medical care? Provide job for them in this overpopulated Nigeria? Something's require common sense. How mNy kids does oyedepo, Adeboye, pastor Chris and the rest have? Oh! They stopped having kids Cod God could no longer afford to take care of the kids grin the earlier you and your type realise that You take responsibility for the kids you bear the better. No God will come down from heaven to help a delusioned woman like u. Your type are the reasons why Nigeria is where it is today. Imagine each family having a minimum of 12kids, how will the resources of the land be enough to feed the overpopulated nation? How would graduate get jobs? How would hospitals and d rest cope? Nigerian rich Pastors are sending their kids abroad to get the best out of life, and you're here wanting to have kids you will end up not being able to take care of. Religion is killing us in this country
Ur response does not suprise me at all u sound like d woman who brought about family planning.Lack of faith is rampant in christiandom,nt surrending all, thinking about 2moro as if u cn add a second to ur life.
Re: FAMILY Planning:should Christians Practice It by ifyan(m): 4:20pm On Jul 10, 2016
I was argue this topic with my colleague. He shed more light on this using the scripture to back up his claim.

But to be sincere family planning is very important especially a place like Africa.

I will even plead with African leader to look into this.

Thanks
Re: FAMILY Planning:should Christians Practice It by Fastpace(f): 4:29pm On Jul 10, 2016
ifyan:
I was argue this topic with my colleague. He shed more light on this using the scripture to back up his claim.

But to be sincere family planning is very important especially a place like Africa.

I will even plead with African leader to look into this.

Thanks
What was your colleague claiming?what argument exactly?
Re: FAMILY Planning:should Christians Practice It by ifyan(m): 4:57pm On Jul 10, 2016
Fastpace:
What was your colleague claiming?what argument exactly?

That family planning using condoms, withdrawer method etc is wrong

(1) (Reply)

I Have Never Had Sex All My Life –rev. Chris / Advice To Christians And Help From Atheist / Live The "Much More" Life - Joseph Prince

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.