Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,225 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:02 AM

Ex Gov.Peter Odili,Ndi Okereke-Onyuike to appear before EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex Gov.Peter Odili,Ndi Okereke-Onyuike to appear before EFCC (2404 Views)

Stop Fighting Obiano, Monarch Tells Ex-gov Peter Obi / Okereke-Onyuike Was Sacked For Spending ₦186m On Rolex Watches - Arunma Oteh / Ndi Okereke-Onyuike Arrested By EFCC Over Obama Xtravaganza! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex Gov.Peter Odili,Ndi Okereke-Onyuike to appear before EFCC by koolchicco: 10:40am On Sep 07, 2009
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission [EFCC], has summoned former governor of Rivers State, Dr. Peter Odili, to appear before it on Wednesday.

This is in furtherance of the ongoing process of recovering non-performing loans granted to some high profile customers by five banks which recently fell under the CBN hammer.
His letter of invitation was signed on Friday by the Director of Operations of the anti-graft agency.

This is coming even as Odili had reportedly secured a court order restraining the EFCC from inviting or arresting him over a N180 million loan he obtained from FinBank Plc., one of the five banks whose management was sacked last month by the CBN. But a top official of the EFCC who pleaded anonymity told Daily Sun that the commission is not aware of any court order restraining it from inviting the ex-governor like every other person whose name appeared on the list of bank debtors.

“The commission chairman, Mrs. Farida Waziri, directed that names of all those whose names appeared on the debtors list but had not been invited should be compiled and invitation sent to them. So it was on that basis that Odili was also invited among several others,” the source hinted yesterday.
Also summoned to appear before investigators are the chairman of Transcorp, Mrs. Ndi Okereke-Onyuike, and five other directors of the organization. Although the exact date in which they are expected to show up at the EFCC could not be ascertained as at the time of filing this report, it was however gathered that they were directed to report to the commission within this week.

EFCC spokesman, Femi Babafemi, who confirmed the development when contacted for comments, said the move is an indication of intensified efforts to recover the huge debts owed the five troubled banks which included Afribank, Intercontinental, Union Bank of Nigeria, Oceanic Bank, and FinBank.
Amidst reports that runaway managing director of Intercontinental Bank, Dr. Erastus Akingbola had returned to the country, Babafemi said he was not in a position to confirm or deny the reports, but noted that the operatives of the commission are on his trail.

http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2009/sept/07/national-07-09-2009-004.htm
Re: Ex Gov.Peter Odili,Ndi Okereke-Onyuike to appear before EFCC by bolanleodu: 6:45pm On Sep 07, 2009
which kind of people are these, the owe money and yet abuse court orders in order to stop such monies from being extracted from them. what happened to all the monies he stole as governor? why should he ever need loans? i guess all the elites an a concerted effort have decided to cheat the masses out of their money, while they use theirs in organizing yacht parties and buying estates in Dubai and other choice places, where are we heading to? embarassed
Re: Ex Gov.Peter Odili,Ndi Okereke-Onyuike to appear before EFCC by oge4real(f): 6:57pm On Sep 07, 2009
I dont blame them, I blame the courts that issue these orders in the first place.
Re: Ex Gov.Peter Odili,Ndi Okereke-Onyuike to appear before EFCC by akigbemaru: 7:13pm On Sep 07, 2009
Why harrasing people because they owe money. In USA, everything is on loan, your car, house, trips e.t.c. Banks will call you, if they don't get their money back in agreeable time. They would only report you to Credit Bereau. That's all.
Re: Ex Gov.Peter Odili,Ndi Okereke-Onyuike to appear before EFCC by remoranger(m): 7:14pm On Sep 07, 2009
na2day?
Re: Ex Gov.Peter Odili,Ndi Okereke-Onyuike to appear before EFCC by oneluvb55(f): 7:43pm On Sep 07, 2009
lol!
Re: Ex Gov.Peter Odili,Ndi Okereke-Onyuike to appear before EFCC by chosen04(f): 7:58pm On Sep 07, 2009
akigbemaru:

Why harrasing people because they owe money. In USA, everything is on loan, your car, house, trips e.t.c. Banks will call you, if they don't get their money back in agreeable time. They would only report you to Credit Bereau. That's all.

@akigbemaru, where in this world are you from?

nIGERIA is not like USA where people collect loans with honest intentions. Here they collect with the intentions of ruining the banks and then such happens its usually the poor masses that are affected. So pls stop all this USA loan talk. Hope you have not 4gotten that "these Bank loan debtors are Corruptly smart?"
Re: Ex Gov.Peter Odili,Ndi Okereke-Onyuike to appear before EFCC by Gekko(m): 8:13pm On Sep 07, 2009
What he also seems to forget is that if you
akigbemaru:

They would only report you to Credit Bureau?

Excuse me sir! In the USA if you default on a car, house or any loan for that matter, there are several things that will happen. In addition to being reported to the credit bureau, a lien could placed on your home, your vehicle impounded, wages garnished, and they can go as far as taking money directly from your checking/saving account.
Re: Ex Gov.Peter Odili,Ndi Okereke-Onyuike to appear before EFCC by MrCrackles(m): 8:14pm On Sep 07, 2009
oge4real:

I dont blame them, I blame the courts that issue these orders in the first place.
Thank you. . .
Useless courts! angry
Re: Ex Gov.Peter Odili,Ndi Okereke-Onyuike to appear before EFCC by zmurda(m): 8:19pm On Sep 07, 2009
chosen04:

nIGERIA is not like USA where people collect loans with honest intentions. Here they collect with the intentions of ruining the banks and then such happens its usually the poor masses that are affected. So pls stop all this USA loan talk. Hope you have not 4gotten that "these Bank loan debtors are Corruptly smart?"

the banks do not give the loans to people who want to do real businesses.

its the owners of the banks that defraud their own banks through shady dealings,
Re: Ex Gov.Peter Odili,Ndi Okereke-Onyuike to appear before EFCC by lannre(m): 8:47pm On Sep 07, 2009
USA and NIGERIA what is the correlation between the two countries. What a comparison ! In USA ? ushhhhh
Re: Ex Gov.Peter Odili,Ndi Okereke-Onyuike to appear before EFCC by Bruekeleen: 9:14pm On Sep 07, 2009
chosen04:

Not only the above; once reported to the Credit Bureau, your chances of getting a job (if you do not already have one), and i mean a very good job, becomes slimmer!
Re: Ex Gov.Peter Odili,Ndi Okereke-Onyuike to appear before EFCC by DeepSoul(f): 9:21pm On Sep 07, 2009
Court order on what basis?

The judiciary is the only arm of govt I bliv still has an appreciable level of sanity. . .I hope that isnt changing?

Odilli, the biggest thief of the 1999 - 2007 era. What did he even need a 180 million naira loan for? What with all d money he stole!

His time is near
Re: Ex Gov.Peter Odili,Ndi Okereke-Onyuike to appear before EFCC by Finecat(m): 11:18pm On Sep 07, 2009
I hope that fat NSE woman goes to jail, anybody remember when she was trying to raise money for the OBAMA campaign in the USA? i bet that was part of the money she burrowed from the banks. Idiots, our people dey suffer, she dey burn money to elect an American president.
Re: Ex Gov.Peter Odili,Ndi Okereke-Onyuike to appear before EFCC by Finecat(m): 11:30pm On Sep 07, 2009
akigbemaru:

That is such a pile of crap. In the USA if you mismanage shareholders funds as much as these CEOs has done, you will go to jail for a long long time. Ever heard of Bernard Madof?? how about Sir Allen Stanford? His case was very similar to those of Nigerian CEOs. In USA if you use illegal document or falsify a document to obtain a loan you will also go to jail for a long long time. Most of these Nigerian debtors obtained these loans with fraudulent document and collaterals or in some cases no collaterals at all.
Re: Ex Gov.Peter Odili,Ndi Okereke-Onyuike to appear before EFCC by naijatoday: 11:34pm On Sep 07, 2009
Finecat:

That is such a pile of crap. In the USA if mismanage shareholders funds as much as these CEOs has done, you will go to jail for a long long time. Ever heard of Bernard Madof?? how about Sir Allen Stanford? His case was very similar to those of Nigerian CEOs. In USA if you use illegal document or falsify a document to obtain a loan you will also go to jail for a long long time. Most of these Nigerian debtors obtained these loans with fraudulent document and collaterals or in some cases no collaterals at all.

Please tell them oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Ex Gov.Peter Odili,Ndi Okereke-Onyuike to appear before EFCC by snapshot: 12:48am On Sep 08, 2009
people like these should rot in jail,unfortunately in Nigeria they are the celebrated leaders of the people.what a shame , one day bush meat go catch the hunter.
Re: Ex Gov.Peter Odili,Ndi Okereke-Onyuike to appear before EFCC by mbulela: 8:02am On Sep 08, 2009
through his wife's fraternal relationship in the bar, Odili seems to have some judges in his pocket.
tell me, what is the basis and essence of this court order?
with all the money Odili allegedly embezzled while Rivers governor, he still aids in ruining Finbank?
greed is a psychiatric problem.
Re: Ex Gov.Peter Odili,Ndi Okereke-Onyuike to appear before EFCC by DeepSoul(f): 8:39am On Sep 08, 2009
mbulela:

through his wife's fraternal relationship in the bar, Odili seems to have some judges in his pocket.
tell me, what is the basis and essence of this court order?
with all the money Odili allegedly embezzled while Rivers governor, he still aids in ruining Finbank?
greed is a psychiatric problem.

I swear. Madness is the only thing that explains it. EFCC should have psychiatric evaluations done on its "suspects" as part of its process.

Oh yeah, I forgot about his wife. She's every bit as corrupt as him. Infact he wouldnt have gotten this far without her "help".
Re: Ex Gov.Peter Odili,Ndi Okereke-Onyuike to appear before EFCC by justfash50: 9:33am On Sep 08, 2009
I pray our Judicial system is reformed as we have been clamouring during the tribunal or other cases.

I personally started to dislike Okereke when she came on air during the petrol scarcity about 2- 3 years during Obasanjo's time to discredit the NLC then that she bought petrol in her home town for 120 naira per litre that the Government should increase the price of petrol and Obama's case.

For Odili everybody seems to know him, cos he rein during his time.

My advice to we Nigerians is the only hope for justice is our judicial system, am aware we still have a few bad eggs amongst them but i think they have faired more during this administration than the previous, so lets encourage them to give sound Judgement to this scavengers of Nigerians( not insults pls).
Re: Ex Gov.Peter Odili,Ndi Okereke-Onyuike to appear before EFCC by stunatic(m): 9:59am On Sep 08, 2009
Theres also entertainment news here sef
http://naijaverse..com/
Re: Ex Gov.Peter Odili,Ndi Okereke-Onyuike to appear before EFCC by Nezan(m): 10:24am On Sep 08, 2009
I tire for all those thieves-o, when EFCC was investigating state governments, Odili's name came up, now they are investigating banks and Odili's name still popped up? what a shameless human beign?
Re: Ex Gov.Peter Odili,Ndi Okereke-Onyuike to appear before EFCC by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 08, 2009
Pssst!

Nothing go happen.
Re: Ex Gov.Peter Odili,Ndi Okereke-Onyuike to appear before EFCC by gReenmAn(m): 3:51pm On Sep 08, 2009
Peter Odili cannot be associated with anything good.

Looting his state treasury, forming cult groups in the garb of militants,
election rigging, taking bad loans etc etc etc; those are his area of specialization undecided

His cup is long full, he should've be in jail long time ago.
Re: Ex Gov.Peter Odili,Ndi Okereke-Onyuike to appear before EFCC by jamace(m): 6:02pm On Sep 08, 2009
Hm. Judges are living fat in this dispensation because of court injunctions. Just slam only one and the judge is a multi-millionaire. Judges are becoming a cog in the wheel of progress too.

I tire for all those thieves-o, when EFCC was investigating state governments, Odili's name came up, now they are investigating banks and Odili's name still popped up? what a shameless human beign?
The funny thing is that he also has religious clerics in his "resource control" hat. Recall when the daughter wedded a few years back. most of the clerics in Naija attended, not to talk of other politicians, including the bank executives. Naija na wa.
Re: Ex Gov.Peter Odili,Ndi Okereke-Onyuike to appear before EFCC by lawrence83: 7:18pm On Sep 08, 2009
remoranger:

na2day?
e don teh, weh yansh de for back o

after, na adjourn,adjourn and adjourn. then case don finish b dat. rubbish
Re: Ex Gov.Peter Odili,Ndi Okereke-Onyuike to appear before EFCC by terryt: 9:40pm On Sep 08, 2009
in the usa if u don't pay a loan, u can be sued. it all depends on the the company that gave you the loan if they decide to sue. that is why people and company file for bankruptcy to keep the creditors from taking everything they own.
Re: Ex Gov.Peter Odili,Ndi Okereke-Onyuike to appear before EFCC by davidif: 12:40am On Sep 09, 2009
Finally, odilli would have to explain what he did to the money that he stole when he was governor of Rivers state.
Re: Ex Gov.Peter Odili,Ndi Okereke-Onyuike to appear before EFCC by casfrapee: 6:09pm On Sep 11, 2009

@akigbemaru
What do u know about loan,do u know dat dis monies these thieves borrowed are depositors money?Is Nigeria USA?Mind your language in this forum.

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Candidates Profile / CCB To Charge 15 Ex-Govs To Court For Lying / One Dead, Kate Henshaw Brutalized As Police Crackdown On Occupy Lekki Protesters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.