Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,287 members, 7,815,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Orunmila Agboniregun - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Orunmila Agboniregun (3397 Views)

Abram Is Also The Person Called Orunmila. / Orun Mi Ti La! - How Otito (truth) Acquired The Appellation "Orunmila" / Who Came First: Oduduwa Or Orunmila? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orunmila Agboniregun by Realmcfynest: 1:33pm On Jul 02, 2016
The Chinese don't joke with the statue of wat phanan choeng, we've seen the statues of Buddha, Krishna, Shiva and so forth,

Okay, these are effigies of Orunmila Bara Agboniregun, the wisest man who lived, he is the Orisha of wisdom, knowledge, and divination. The author of Odu Ifa who also codified its structure. He was anointed by Olodumare to teach the wisdom of Ifa to Yoruba people and the rest of the world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Orunmila Agboniregun by faorex(m): 2:27pm On Jul 02, 2016
love this
Re: Orunmila Agboniregun by scholes0(m): 3:03pm On Jul 02, 2016
Wow nice. smiley
Is it available for sale?
I need like 5 of these for Myself and friends.
Re: Orunmila Agboniregun by Realmcfynest: 7:40pm On Jul 02, 2016
scholes0:
Wow nice. smiley
Is it available for sale?
I need like 5 of these for Myself and friends.

Yes, you can get them at various art stores, i currently have that of Queen idia passed down from my father to me.

Masterpiece
Re: Orunmila Agboniregun by MetaPhysical: 8:40pm On Jul 02, 2016
We have to adopt a new mindset if we want to promote and project the traditional belief system and its arts and symbols.

If the Chinese left Buddha to exist only in wood he might not have become the household name it is today. Same for Krishna. They present them with reverence using materials of value, like gold, marble, stone, and so on. They codify their use and placement and it becomes an institution. So you cannot just place a statue of Buddha anywhere that meets your fancy, NO. Placement is guided by a set of philosophy and principles of living and aesthetics.

We should take note.

2 Likes

Re: Orunmila Agboniregun by Realmcfynest: 5:48am On Jul 03, 2016
How do you think this can be achieved?

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Basic Differences Between Hausas And Fulanis? / /cum/ - Canada - USA - Mexico / Kegite. Karid Entity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.