Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,316 members, 7,826,261 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? (10327 Views)

"Why Masturbation Was The Biggest Sin For Me To Overcome" / Opinion: Is It Not A Sin For Churches Going Against This Portion Of The Bible? / Is It A Sin For Christian Couples To Have Sex On Sunday Before Going To Church ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by Nobody: 7:26am On Jul 03, 2016
AS you all know, the lord said that we should keep the sabbath day holy and we should gather together on the sabbath as christians to praise the lord. now there are various jobs that requires that people to be on duty on sundays, now knowing fully well that the job its your source of income and if you fail to be on duty on sunday, you might be sack or giving a query, now is it a sin to forsake the sabbath and go to your work place?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:29am On Jul 03, 2016
am a christan i also work sometime on sunday... but sunday work is smehw bad.. u need to have time for ur GOD.. just for that day

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by Nobody: 7:38am On Jul 03, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
am a christan i also work sometime on sunday... but sunday work is smehw bad.. u need to have time for ur GOD.. just for that day
hmmm very true, what of those that are constantly on duty on sundays, like the armies, police men, the navy, security personell and sportsmen and women etc.
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:40am On Jul 03, 2016
they may be muslim who kno butas a dedicated christian that sunday will be a off day in some place...
SAINTSAMURAII:
hmmm very true, what of those that are constantly on duty on sundays, like the armies, police men, the navy, security personell and sportsmen and women etc.
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 03, 2016
I'm at work already, and it's necessary that I work cos it involves saving lives.

Just like Jesus challenged the pharisees, "who among you if your sheep fell into a ditch on the Sabbath day would not rescue it out? "

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 03, 2016
frenchwine:
I'm at work already, and it's necessary that I work cos it involves saving lives.

Just like Jesus challenged the pharisees, "who among you if your sheep fell into a ditch on the Sabbath day would not rescue it out? "
hmmm nice reply. so what of part where it says keeping the sabbath day holy.
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 03, 2016
SAINTSAMURAII:
hmmm nice reply. so what of part where it says keeping the sabbath day holy.
That's what Jesus tried to point out to the pharisees, keeping it holy is a thing of lifestyle and not just from inaction. To the believers, the Sabbath day is everyday, and not a particular day of the week. We need to live righteously and please God all the time.
Jesus did good on the Sabbath, he harvested corn from the field, he healed the sick , he did what he would have done on any other day just to let us know that the Sabbath God requires is by our lifestyle of righteousness.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by orunto27: 10:18am On Jul 03, 2016
No. It is not. Sundays are made for man and not man for Sundays but you must always pray wherever you may be.
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by Adeoba10(m): 5:35pm On Jul 03, 2016
Sabbath day.... Saturday or Sunday?

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by demsid(m): 5:35pm On Jul 03, 2016
yes o, not just cos of the church but for ur life sake u need to rest. you get the best rests during weekends.

Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by Sunofgod(m): 5:36pm On Jul 03, 2016
yes...god needs your money cos he's a bit down now.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by sakaguchi(m): 5:36pm On Jul 03, 2016
The irony when you realise Sabbath day is actually Friday sunset to Saturday sunset.

Lol.
On the real Sabbath is when we work the most, party the most and it is then that farmers farm the most.
Well, first, Sunday is not Sabbath, Sunday is Sunday. And Sunday just like the true sabath (Friday sunset - Saturday sunset) does not mean you can work. Jesus worked on Sabbath and Christians are told to be like Christ.
Sabbath, Sunday and other days should be kept holy. This doesn't mean you shouldnt work. The best way to keep all days holy is to be like Christ who is the holy of holies.
Guess what? Being like Christ makes you a christian.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by dollyjoy(f): 5:36pm On Jul 03, 2016
No, it's not a sin. Our God is an understanding God. He will understand!!
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by veekid(m): 5:36pm On Jul 03, 2016
Which Kain question be this one?
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by kcynho(m): 5:36pm On Jul 03, 2016
[size=15pt]IT'S EITHER THAT QUESTION IS JUST STUPID OR RHETORICAL [/size]
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by Sunnycliff(m): 5:37pm On Jul 03, 2016
Luke 14:3 And Jesus answering spake unto the lawyers and Pharisees, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath day? Luke 14:5 And answered them, saying, Which of you shall have an ass or an ox fallen into a pit, and will not straightway pull him out on the sabbath day?

If you are a health expert, security personnel, and other life saving offices, it's not a sin!
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by myners007: 5:39pm On Jul 03, 2016
This Mod should win the award for the most dumbest topic posted on Nairaland 2016.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by justicejay(m): 5:40pm On Jul 03, 2016
Don't tell me I shouldn't go to my poultry farm on sunday. Or my mum shouldn't attend to the sick people on sunday.
Break it, Jesus also heal a sick person on sunday
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by Weedcrusher: 5:40pm On Jul 03, 2016
Nigerians undecided
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by OsamedeHazard10(m): 5:40pm On Jul 03, 2016
The Bible says Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy

Even God said on the 7th day he rested so your not supposed to be working on Sunday
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by Samakus(m): 5:41pm On Jul 03, 2016
Is Sunday really a sabbath day? How come a new week starts on sunday.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by Samakus(m): 5:42pm On Jul 03, 2016
OsamedeHazard10:
The Bible says Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy

Even God said on the 7th day he rested so your not supposed to be working on Sunday

Which day is the 7th day?
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by wayne4loan: 5:43pm On Jul 03, 2016
Money must be made ... Pastor will not be happy if I do not seal that million dollar deal on sunday ... After all I will pay my tithe in hard currency
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by samsam2019: 5:43pm On Jul 03, 2016
According to your book of horror stories (the Bible)

It says....(Numbers 15:32-36)--"Now while the sons of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering wood on the sabbath day. 33And those who found him gathering wood brought him to Moses and Aaron, and to all the congregation; 34and they put him in custody because it had not been declared what should be done to him. 35Then the Lord said to Moses, "The man shall surely be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp." 36So all the congregation brought him outside the camp, and stoned him to death with stones, just as the Lord had commanded Moses."

What a good and merciful God
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by basingstoke: 5:45pm On Jul 03, 2016
Focusing on what is sin or not can only lead you to one place- Hell. But focusing on the fact that Our righteousness can not take us to heaven, but the understanding that we on our own can not overcome sin, but that we can only overcome sin through the righteousness of Jesus who has already died for our past sins, present sins, and future sins is the key to making eternity.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by tolustx(m): 5:45pm On Jul 03, 2016
If the concept of sin is truly understood, some questions will not crop up at all.

Christianity is like advanced mathematics. We might get different answers or results, but we may still both be correct the despite the contrasting answers.

The answer I give u may nt work for you. So I won't bother answer
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by demsid(m): 5:45pm On Jul 03, 2016
depending on how much dem dey pay you for that work,if they can buy your sunday fine, but my own saturday and sunday costs 500k each. both 1 milla
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by mukthar2000(m): 5:47pm On Jul 03, 2016
U better don't play with ur Job,are u not informed about d system of d job b4 u accept d job?
But some company management build mosque and church in some companies to performed ur prayer when its time.
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by HighQue007: 5:48pm On Jul 03, 2016
Must everything look like a sin to Africans?
Thats the extent to which we all have been brainwashed.. I bet if Europeans and the likes were to be Africans the world would still be in darkness...we wont be civilized...why be so religious and still be the poorest nation; it shows we are the most vulnerable and this religion shii got us in this mess.

Pls go to your place of work and do you even know its a sin to lose your job?

Yes in this hardship it is..

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by SPG4U(m): 5:48pm On Jul 03, 2016
what makes some people think it's only sunday you can serve God....in this hard economy you wan dey Gamble with your work, and wan go attend another man business, when pastor sef dey him work "church"

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by bamac(m): 5:52pm On Jul 03, 2016
Personally, i love my sundays to be work-free, either it is a sin or not depends on what sin is which i don't really know. When i start my business, Saturday and sundays especially is for my staffs to be with their families except if is is dead important and something positive will be attached to it for them. Sin or not, i don't know about that.
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by Alani86: 5:55pm On Jul 03, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
they may be muslim who kno butas a dedicated christian that sunday will be a off day in some place...

this is quite horrible a write up.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Does Satan Really Exist? / Grace : The Power Of The Gospel - Andrew Wommack / One Thing To Prosper In All Things - Joseph Prince

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.