Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,103 members, 7,842,187 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? (10363 Views)

"Why Masturbation Was The Biggest Sin For Me To Overcome" / Opinion: Is It Not A Sin For Churches Going Against This Portion Of The Bible? / Is It A Sin For Christian Couples To Have Sex On Sunday Before Going To Church ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by UuzbaGuuzba: 5:55pm On Jul 03, 2016
Dear, Here are the Ten Commandments that Almighty God Told Moses to tell all of us.

The Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:2-17 NKJV)
1 “I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.
2 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments.
3 “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.
4 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
5 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
6 “You shall not murder.
7 “You shall not commit adultery.
8 “You shall not steal.
9 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
10 “You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.”

Jesus Christ said, "Heaven and Earth will pass away. But comma ( , ) will not miss from from the word of God.

Only if you perform an essential service - Life or Death decision maker. If your Donkey falls in a Well on the Sabbath, will you not take it out? However, don't specifically use the Sabbath day (Sunday for Christians), to do work that CAN have been done on other days, if you are in control of making such decisions.
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by boydzeal: 5:56pm On Jul 03, 2016
Sunday worship is never an institution of God, it is a man made institution. The true sabbath of God is Saturday being the seventh day of the week. Exodus 20:8 says “Remenber the Sabbath day to keep it holy, six days shall thou labour and do all your works but the seventh day is the sabbath day of the Lord...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by RevisedEdition: 5:56pm On Jul 03, 2016
No... I once heard that " working is praying"

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jul 03, 2016
I have to know how much is Sunday work going to fetch
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by UuzbaGuuzba: 6:05pm On Jul 03, 2016
boydzeal:
Sunday worship is never an institution of God, it is a man made institution. The true sabbath of God is Saturday being the seventh day of the week. Exodus 20:8 says “Remenber the Sabbath day to keep it holy, six days shall thou labour and do all your works but the seventh day is the sabbath day of the Lord...

Early on the 1st Day of the Week, The women went to the tomb of Jesus Christ... He rose on the 1st Day, Hence Christians have the Sabbath as Sunday. The Jews that Killed Jesus, refuse to honour Jesus and continue with Saturday. Jesus is the son of God. Phillip, do you still ask to see the Father? To see me is to have seen the Father.

Christians - Sabbath = Sunday
Non Christians - Sabbath = Saturday.
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by femi4: 6:08pm On Jul 03, 2016
samsam2019:
According to your book of horror stories (the Bible)

It says....(Numbers 15:32-36)--"Now while the sons of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering wood on the sabbath day. 33And those who found him gathering wood brought him to Moses and Aaron, and to all the congregation; 34and they put him in custody because it had not been declared what should be done to him. 35Then the Lord said to Moses, "The man shall surely be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp." 36So all the congregation brought him outside the camp, and stoned him to death with stones, just as the Lord had commanded Moses."

What a good and merciful God
Luke 14:3 And Jesus answering spake unto the lawyers and Pharisees, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath day? Luke 14:5 And answered them, saying, Which of you shall have an ass or an ox fallen into a pit, and will not straightway pull him out on the sabbath day?
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by mizzbouqui(f): 6:08pm On Jul 03, 2016
Matt 6:33 says it all, seek ye the kingdom of God first and everyother things will be added unto you, that is riches, goodjobs that will be so convenient for you to go to church on Sunday and many other great things name it, Christianity is very sweet just do Gods word then you will realise how beautiful your life can be
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by ultimate121: 6:08pm On Jul 03, 2016
#OP# abeg where is it written in your bible that a xtian should go to church on Sunday, i need d quotation pls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by BrainnewsNg(f): 6:13pm On Jul 03, 2016
SAINTSAMURAII:
AS you all know, the lord said that we should keep the sabbath day holy and we should gather together on the sabbath as christians to praise the lord. now there are various jobs that requires that people to be on duty on sundays, now knowing fully well that the job its your source of income and if you fail to be on duty on sunday, you might be sack or giving a query, now is it a sin to forsake the sabbath and go to your work place?

It wont be a SIN if after you attended church service

But, it is not stated in the bible
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by charlsecy(m): 6:14pm On Jul 03, 2016
SAINTSAMURAII:
....if you fail to be on duty on sunday, you might be sack or giving a query, now is it a sin to forsake the sabbath and go to your work place?
Sunday is not Sabbath. If you want to keep Sabbath, keep it on Saturdays, for crying out loud!

OsamedeHazard10:
The Bible says Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy. Even God said on the 7th day he rested so your not supposed to be working on Sunday
Your submission suffers severe confusion.

You mean you are ignorant that Saturday, NOT Sunday, is Sabbath? You mean you don't know Sunday is the first day of week? You need more education. Period!

UuzbaGuuzba:
Stop complicating things; Christians have no Sabbath.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by freeage7(m): 6:16pm On Jul 03, 2016
Hmm! There is a bitter feud Between the economy and sabath day. I just hope my dear God understands.
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by ezesun(m): 6:32pm On Jul 03, 2016
frenchwine:

That's what Jesus tried to point out to the pharisees, keeping it holy is a thing of lifestyle and not just from inaction. To the believers, the Sabbath day is everyday, and not a particular day of the week. We need to live righteously and please God all the time.
Jesus did good on the Sabbath, he harvested corn from the field, he healed the sick , he did what he would have done on any other day just to let us know that the Sabbath God requires is by our lifestyle of righteousness.

May you receive Discerning Spirit of God
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by UuzbaGuuzba: 6:37pm On Jul 03, 2016
charlsecy:
Sunday is not Sabbath. If you want to keep Sabbath, keep it on Saturdays, for crying out loud!

Your submission suffers severe confusion.

You mean you are ignorant that Saturday, NOT Sunday, is Sabbath? You mean you don't know Sunday is the first day of week? You need more education. Period!

Stop complicating things; Christians have no Sabbath.

Hmm. E don start.
Christians do not work on Sunday.
Christians work on Saturday.

- Christians, Sabbath = Sunday.

Work On Saturday. No sin
Work on Sunday. Sin
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by adozie(m): 6:39pm On Jul 03, 2016
Is cooking not considered work? Why don't we all starve on Sunday, since we don't want to work.

Why would God allow people to fall sick on Sunday if he truly intended that we don't work on Sunday? - why would he punish the doctors and nurses who work to save the lives of his children on Sunday. What of the taxi driver, cleaner, policemen and several others who make it possible for us to live, eat, get to church, worship God - is God's law designed to make them sin and go to hell?
I wonder the anarchy that will ensue if policemen, NEPA engineers etc decided to stay home or spend the entire day in church and refuse to work on Sunday.

I am at work now, saving lives, the lives of God's children and I give God thanks for making it possible for me to do so.

Nigerians and sin/law. It's never a sin or against God's when we want to deceive others, swindle them of their money or dupe them - oh; I forgot it's called deal or contract. Rubbish. Let's first remove the plank in our eyes before trying to remove the speck in another person's eye.
The pastors that preach this rubbish are busy collecting money from corrupt politicians who have raped our future and our dear country.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by elfex(m): 6:47pm On Jul 03, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:
Hmm. E don start. Christians do not work on Sunday. Christians work on Saturday. - Christians, Sabbath = Sunday. Work On Saturday. No sin Work on Sunday. Sin

Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by EazyMoh(m): 6:53pm On Jul 03, 2016
I pity Confused Christians.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by Taiyescott(m): 7:07pm On Jul 03, 2016
if itz necessary, den 1 can go 2 work.. bt if itz nt, den, church ya!
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by SWITANN(f): 7:11pm On Jul 03, 2016
its not entirely wrong
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by FemiFaniKayode: 7:21pm On Jul 03, 2016
[quote author=dollyjoy post=47170421]No, it's not a sin. Our God is an understanding God. He will understand!![/quote

Head of Team oye olorun

Contunu you hear
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by Wolex143: 7:25pm On Jul 03, 2016
Hmm God have mercy. Bt it is nt gud.
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by beright: 7:38pm On Jul 03, 2016
I only see here why many Christians are been deceived. We don't study the bible, we only wait for someone to go and read and come and tell us and we just accept. If the word of God is true and our salvation depend on it, we would have done better than most of the things am reading here. In the first place SUNDAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK. SATURDAY IS THE LAST DAY OF THE WEEK so SUNDAY IS NOT THE SABBATH DAY, SATURDAY IS THE SABBATH DAY! Go and read your bible! Those pastors are not better than you, search the scriptures. Everyday is a day of worship!
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by Roks(m): 7:38pm On Jul 03, 2016
SAINTSAMURAII:
hmmm very true, what of those that are constantly on duty on sundays, like the armies, police men, the navy, security personell and sportsmen and women etc.

They are exempted so also are doctors and nurses according to my church sha
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by Alao046(m): 8:00pm On Jul 03, 2016
Tell me any verse in any bible in d world,dat it was stated to go to church on sundays.
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by Thobiy(m): 8:00pm On Jul 03, 2016
frenchwine:

That's what Jesus tried to point out to the pharisees, keeping it holy is a thing of lifestyle and not just from inaction. To the believers, the Sabbath day is everyday, and not a particular day of the week. We need to live righteously and please God all the time.
Jesus did good on the Sabbath, he harvested corn from the field, he healed the sick , he did what he would have done on any other day just to let us know that the Sabbath God requires is by our lifestyle of righteousness.
Correct

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by dedecoder: 8:07pm On Jul 03, 2016
I'm sure it's God's spirit contending with you on the subject you just posted. First and foremost, Sunday is not the "Sabbath of the Lord thy God". A careful study of the Bible will reveal to you that Saturday, not sunday is the sabbath.

Now, to answer your question. The breaking of God's commandment is a sin. No human rationalisation can change that. Going to work on Sunday is never a sin. Rather, refusing to keep a commandment of God that a special day, the 7th day of the week which is saturday, be set aside for Him is the real problem.

One can work on the sabbath. The question is just that: whose purpose does it serves? Yours or God's? If what you are doing on the sabbath is YOUR own way, dear, you are sinning. "If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shalt honour him, NOT DOING THINE OWN WAYS, NOT FINDING THINE OWN PLEASURE, NOR SPEAKING THINE OWN WORD" (Isaiah 58:13 KJV).

If you are a doctor, the sabbath should not be used as an excuse to abdicate your role of saving lives. However, needless task and other things that can be done on other days should be avoided. It's a day God had fixed from the inception of this world to commune specially with his children. Just a pity that majority of people are missing out!

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by andreawills96(f): 8:30pm On Jul 03, 2016
SAINTSAMURAII:
AS you all know, the lord said that we should keep the sabbath day holy and we should gather together on the sabbath as christians to praise the lord. now there are various jobs that requires that people to be on duty on sundays, now knowing fully well that the job its your source of income and if you fail to be on duty on sunday, you might be sack or giving a query, now is it a sin to forsake the sabbath and go to your work place?
. Saturday is a sabbath day not Sunday, and if you chose to go to work on a Sunday it not a sin, as long as your way is right with God

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by boujaye: 8:37pm On Jul 03, 2016
adewumiopeyemi:
am a christan i also work sometime on sunday... but sunday work is smehw bad.. u need to have time for ur GOD.. just for that day
agreed, but not only on Sunday you can serve God. if your duty does not permit you, during your break, you can meditate on God's word and pray.
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by opribo(m): 8:40pm On Jul 03, 2016
Thats in Africa, Oyinbo people dont know that one. They believe in work first before worship
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by Chukazu: 8:41pm On Jul 03, 2016
demsid:
yes o, not just cos of the church but for ur life sake u need to rest. you get the best rests during weekends.

you are misquoting that guy

he didn't say you shouldn't work on Sunday

taking Sunday along means having the consciousness of what Sunday symbolises, which is resurrection, newness, honor, lifting and more
with that, Sunday is not taking from you
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by 0ubenji(m): 9:29pm On Jul 03, 2016
Brother S.U... If ur pastor dint goto his place of work 2day, thr wud av bin no sermon 2day in church
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by daftpikin: 9:47pm On Jul 03, 2016
SAINTSAMURAII:

If you have studied scriptures and allowed the Holy Ghost to reveal the interpretations to you, you would know that most of the things in the old testament are shadows of the things in the new. When the old testament laws were given it was to signify something else in the new testament.
For us in the new testament, the Sabbath is not just a day. I would not want to go further as I'm finding a stop in my spirit.

Lemme just answer your question directly, as a Christian you can work on Sundays from time to time as long as you have your time to fellowship with the brethren at other times.

Apostle had something to say about this in Colossians 2vs 16 . You can read through the entire chapter to get what he was saying clearly.

Shalom
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by boydzeal: 10:23pm On Jul 03, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:

Early on the 1st Day of the Week, The women went to the tomb of Jesus Christ... He rose on the 1st Day, Hence Christians have the Sabbath as Sunday. The Jews that Killed Jesus, refuse to honour Jesus and continue with Saturday. Jesus is the son of God. Phillip, do you still ask to see the Father? To see me is to have seen the Father.

If you love me keep my commandments john 14:15. Is the sabbath not among the commandments.
Show any portion of the scripture that upholds the fact that the sabbath was moved to Sunday because of the resurrection.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Knowing What Your Chi (guardian Angel) Is Capable Of Doing / One Thing To Prosper In All Things - Joseph Prince / Has GOD Given Humans Freewill Or Predestinated Humans??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.