Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,102 members, 7,842,171 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? (10362 Views)

"Why Masturbation Was The Biggest Sin For Me To Overcome" / Opinion: Is It Not A Sin For Churches Going Against This Portion Of The Bible? / Is It A Sin For Christian Couples To Have Sex On Sunday Before Going To Church ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by Ifebazz(m): 10:26pm On Jul 03, 2016
Is it a sin to eat on Sunday?
Is it a sin for Muslims to work on Fridays?
My friend, if they were going to pay you N800k monthly, you will request to work on public holidays too.
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by Funkybabee(f): 10:29pm On Jul 03, 2016
its a sin, thou shall keep is Sabbath holy,
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by UuzbaGuuzba: 10:59pm On Jul 03, 2016
boydzeal:

If you love me keep my commandments john 14:15. Is the sabbath not among the commandments.
Show any portion of the scripture that upholds the fact that the sabbath was moved to Sunday because of the resurrection.

Show me. Yes show me. This is what your Pastor has taught you to say. Because he too was taught to say that.

The problem here is that you think and believe that the Scripture (Bible) is a book written by God and placed in a bookstore. You are basing your Christianity on this fact. Hence you believe that everything God said to man is there and it forms a 1000 page manual of how to please God and do things right.

How is this possible? Genesis is a book of Moses and Revelations was written by John the Apostle. In between, there is over 5000 years.

No piece of paper can last that long.

Yes the Bible is he Word of God but written by different people at different times. Now here is the trick.

Who was responsible for gathering and arranging these books in an orderly fashion? Those people are the one that fix the times and dates.

We know for sure that Isrealites had No bible. All they had was Moses 10 commandments. The rest was mouth/story from generation to generation. We also know that when Jesus later came things were a bit more coordinated. But not a book. He asked the for Scroll of Isaiah and read it in the Synagogue. (ie, 1 scroll here, another scroll there, left and right) But the elders of the synagogues (Scribes, Pharisees) had an idea or knowledge of many scrolls (They were the scholars - Educated guys). But there were no Libraries. Hence people only heard about Word of God from Synagogue. 99% had no book. Now, when Jesus was among men (2016years ago), there was no New Testament. He is the Good News Himself.
The Jews ended their own Word of God with the Last prophet. They have no New Testament because they don't believe in Jesus.

So how come your bible has Old and New Testament?

Somebody put it together. Scrolls, left right and center. The Apostles wrote their account of Jesus (Matthew, Mark, John... Luke was not among. Luke read all of them and wrote his own as a narrative). Then Paul wrote and John wrote and Phillip wrote.

End of the day we have many different scrolls about God written by different men at different times. But it was Doctors of the church who ever had the idea of gathering EVERYTHING and putting it together. NOT doctors of the Synagogue. Those remain fighting against Christians. No. Church. Christians. They put it all together ...

It took another 1000 years before the Gutenberg Bible was printed. How? Metal die alphabets A-Z arranged 1 by 1, to form words and letters and paragraphs and pages. Ink rubbed on the letters and letters printed on paper. (Read Wikipedia).

Who was responsible for this arrangement? Who had access to all these stories/scrolls? And the time, money, energy and discipline to transcribe and translate all the various languages?

I hope you know Moses didn't speak English And what God wrote on the tablet stones were not this English me and you are speaking today.

Neither Jesus nor the Apostles spoke English as well. Nor did Paul. Nor did anybody even when the Bible was first printed.

I hope you know that there is no book of the Bible called, THE BIBLE.

I how you know there is no where in the Bible where God said, or told any prophet, "My son, here is the list of all the books of the Bible that every body should read. Genesis, Numbers,.... John....Acts.... and finally Revelations.

Translations have been done for you by the Doctors of the Church. They made sure all the meanings were preservers from one language to another language. And God guided them all these years.

The problem we have today now, is that most of us have cut ourselves from these Doctors of the Church, Taken ONLY the English Printed Bible and are doing our own Expert translation without the guidance of those who sweated blood and tears to put this book together.

It is a Christian tradition, as well a many other Traditions to worship Jesus Christ on Sunday not Saturday honouring his resurrection from the dead on Sunday.

There are many Christian traditions you do not know about. You took the book from outside of it's original home. And are reading it as you like without asking the authors for help and guidance.

Read it well. But let it guide you back to whence it came from.

The Bible also does not contain the word OXYGEN or the Chemical formula O2. Yet you and Adam, require O2 to be alive at all. If the air remains, but O2 is removed, we will all die within 2 mins. Did God forget to write O2 in the Bible?
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by Spirit1(m): 11:58pm On Jul 03, 2016
mizzbouqui:
Matt 6:33 says it all, seek ye the kingdom of God first and everyother things will be added unto you, that is riches, goodjobs that will be so convenient for you to go to church on Sunday and many other great things name it, Christianity is very sweet just do Gods word then you will realise how beautiful your life can be

Also if unfortunately you are involved in a serious road accident or pregnant in labor on Sunday ; please don't go to hospital - because those doctors, nurses, cleaners, gate men etc are at work. You will wait at home and pray until Monday before you go to the hospital because Christianity is sweet and God said you shouldn't work.

I wish we can apply Christianity in our daily lives like we profess in Nigeria. Nigeria will be a perfect paradise on earth is 10% of Christians who preach these crazy doctrines apply it.
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by diva90: 4:30am On Jul 04, 2016
No , I work some Sundays
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by Istand4justice: 6:35am On Jul 04, 2016
OsamedeHazard10:
The Bible says Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy

Even God said on the 7th day he rested so your not supposed to be working on Sunday

So because God rested on the sabbath day we should rest on the sabbath day too and if we don't we are sinning right ?
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by LILYSKY: 7:03am On Jul 04, 2016
Samakus:

Which day is the 7th day?

D Seventh Day is d Sabbath of the Lord which is Saturday. Sunday is d first day of the week (Mark 16:2).

God Blessed d Seventh Day n made it Holy and also called it a Delight. we shouldn't be complicating this bcoz we all know even most Pastors n Rev but r pretending n deceiving members.
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by LILYSKY: 7:04am On Jul 04, 2016
Samakus:

Which day is the 7th day?

D Seventh Day is d Sabbath of the Lord which is Saturday. Sunday is d first day of the week (Mark 16:2).

God Blessed d Seventh Day n made it Holy and also called it a Delight. we shouldn't be complicating this bcoz we all know even most Pastors n Rev but r pretending n deceiving members. Read/Study ur Bible carefully and ask questions n u will never regret knowing d truth. Remain Blessed
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by ekuboygood(m): 7:56am On Jul 04, 2016
pls let us understand dis.saturday is sabbath day and not sunday pls take noted.sunday is 1st day of the week,bible said in exodus 20:8-11 '' remember the sabbath(satruday) day to keep it only.six days shalt thou labour and do all thy work: But the sevsnth day(saturday)is the sabbath of the LORD thy GOD: in it thou shalt not do any work,thou nor thy son nor thy daugher,thy man servant,nor thy maidservant nor thy cattle nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: for six days the LORD made heaven and earth,the sea and all that in them is and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day and hallowed it'' now it is clear workin on sabbath day is a sin,we only have six days (sunday -friday) to work only nd saturday is our rested day u must not do anything accordly to d word of GOD, including sweeping d house,washing of cloths,cooking,messaging,walking 1 place to another(visitation),wat u want to do on sabbath day u must do everyting within 6 days(sunday to friday) u re ought to go to HOLY MOUNTAIN(church) to testisfy d goodness of d LORD for ur working days,bible said in all labour dere is profit so brethren obey d LAW OF GOD nd not d law of a man, obedient is better dan sacrifice.so i rest my case in GOD'S HAND
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by samsam2019: 7:58am On Jul 04, 2016
femi4:
Luke 14:3 And Jesus answering spake unto the lawyers and Pharisees, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath day? Luke 14:5 And answered them, saying, Which of you shall have an ass or an ox fallen into a pit, and will not straightway pull him out on the sabbath day?
so whois more important between God and Jesus?

God said someone should be killed and you're quoting jesus
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by lakeside3020(m): 8:48am On Jul 04, 2016
samsam2019:
According to your book of horror stories (the Bible)

It says....(Numbers 15:32-36)--"Now while the sons of Israel were in the wilderness, they found a man gathering wood on the sabbath day. 33And those who found him gathering wood brought him to Moses and Aaron, and to all the congregation; 34and they put him in custody because it had not been declared what should be done to him. 35Then the Lord said to Moses, "The man shall surely be put to death; all the congregation shall stone him with stones outside the camp." 36So all the congregation brought him outside the camp, and stoned him to death with stones, just as the Lord had commanded Moses."

What a good and merciful God

first if all the bible is not a book of horror stories it is a complete manual for life,
secondly,in the olden days in the bible they live by the law and then u have to strictly adhere to the given laws till Jesus Christ our lord came and abolish the law and gave us a new hope of beginning
God is indeed merciful, the bible made me to understand that God is rich in mercy and grace, he is also good and nice, read the book of romans 9 from verse 15.,,,he is a merciful and compassionate God but he gives it to whom he want and nobody can question him.(peter and Judas betrayed him in the bible but peter found his mercy while Judas did not) I pray for you that u will find mercy and grace of God in your life and you will know him personally that he is a good and merciful God. And please don't talk like this in your life again and respect the person of God our father and our creator. Thank you Lord for the bible
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by femi4: 8:56am On Jul 04, 2016
samsam2019:
so whois more important between God and Jesus?

God said someone should be killed and you're quoting jesus
You judge by human standards; I pass judgment on no one. But if I do judge, my decisions are true, because I am not alone. I stand with the Father, who sent me. In your own Law it is written that the testimony of two witnesses is true. I am one who testifies for myself; my other witness is the Father, who sent me.”
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by Mettlefriday(m): 10:10am On Jul 04, 2016
SAINTSAMURAII:
hmmm very true, what of those that are constantly on duty on sundays, like the armies, police men, the navy, security personell and sportsmen and women etc.

I do know of some police men that worshipped thesame church with me, sometimes they come for tarry night too. Therefore, if ur always on duty, u must have like 2 sundays in 4 sundays to go and thank ur God. If truely u know he deserve to be thank!
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by murmee: 10:21am On Jul 04, 2016
SAINTSAMURAII:
hmmm very true, what of those that are constantly on duty on sundays, like the armies, police men, the navy, security personell and sportsmen and women etc.
You forgot to add Doctors and nurses, broadcasters on radio and Television and even market men and women. These are people on very essential duties!
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by murmee: 10:24am On Jul 04, 2016
Sunofgod:
yes...god needs your money cos he's a bit down now.
Very funny. We actually need this type of humour in this difficult time.
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by UuzbaGuuzba: 9:41am On Jul 06, 2016
boydzeal:

If you love me keep my commandments john 14:15. Is the sabbath not among the commandments.
Show any portion of the scripture that upholds the fact that the sabbath was moved to Sunday because of the resurrection.

The Paper book you carry about is not the word of God. It is ABOUT the word of God. Jesus Christ IS THE WORD OF GOD. The book is All about HIM.

On the way to Emaus, 2 disciplines met Jesus but could not recognise him.... And he explained to them all the prophets and how everything they said was about Christ.

In the begining was the Word, the Word was with God and the Word was God.

If the paper book was the Word of God, God would have just written the whole thing from Genesis to Revelations and handed over to mankind to read and pass the exams of life. Then, He would be held responsible for all those who claim they cannot read and write... of which there are PLENTY PEOPLE ever since this world began.

But God did not send PAPER book. God sent JESUS Christ. Because Jesus Himself, IS THE WORD OF GOD.

Pay ALL your attention to what Jesus Did. It is Jesus who will save you NOT the paper book.

The end of John's gospel goes: " There are many things which Jesus did which are not recorded in this book. If they were, the whole world will not be able to contain the books that would be written about it.

Read your Bible meditatively. It is about God. Follow him. Do what He did.

This is my Beloved Son. LISTEN TO HIM.
Re: Is It A Sin For Someone To Go To His Or Her Place Of Work On Sundays? by MIKOLOWISKA: 10:06pm On Jul 06, 2016
SAINTSAMURAII:
AS you all know, the lord said that we should keep the sabbath day holy and we should gather together on the sabbath as christians to praise the lord. now there are various jobs that requires that people to be on duty on sundays, now knowing fully well that the job its your source of income and if you fail to be on duty on sunday, you might be sack or giving a query, now is it a sin to forsake the sabbath and go to your work place?
essential services are allowed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Knowing What Your Chi (guardian Angel) Is Capable Of Doing / One Thing To Prosper In All Things - Joseph Prince / Has GOD Given Humans Freewill Or Predestinated Humans??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.