Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,965 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

The Bigotry Of Atheism - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bigotry Of Atheism (6587 Views)

Confusion?: Atheists Disassociating Themselves from the Bigotry of New Atheism / The Absurdity Of Atheism - Article (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:12pm On Jul 03, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Why then do you complain when the gesture is reciprocated? What is the purpose of your thread?

So you have agreed that atheists are indeed bigots ? When someone shows bigotry , he goes about asking for religion to be abolished simply because he feels its a waste of time .

Atheists think atheism is a panacea to Nigeria's problems while in fact it is a nostrum . Atheists have denied being bigots , this thread disproves it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by winner01(m): 3:16pm On Jul 03, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Oh my God ! That pic though cry cry . They are laughing at the kid simply because he is praying to God ? shocked shocked shocked Christians irrespective of their ages face ignominies from atheists anywhere .

Atheism and bigotry are in fact cognates !

Tufiakwa !
That's who their kids will grow up to be. Having no regard for human beliefs and ideas.
Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by hopefulLandlord: 3:16pm On Jul 03, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Oh my God ! That pic though cry cry . They are laughing at the kid simply because he is praying to God ? shocked shocked shocked Christians irrespective of their ages face ignominies from atheists anywhere .

Atheism and bigotry are in fact cognates !

Tufiakwa !

you deduce they're laughing at him cuz he's praying? how? don't you know that's bullying being shown? it could be for any reason
Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by hopefulLandlord: 3:18pm On Jul 03, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

So you have agreed that atheists are indeed bigots ? When someone shows bigotry , he goes about asking for religion to be abolished simply because he feels its a waste of atheism .

Atheists think atheism is a panacea to Nigeria's problems while in fact it is a nostrum . Atheists have denied being bigots , this thread disproves it

so since I'm atheist, I'm definitely a bigot

is that what you're trying to say?
That Atheism=Bigotry?
Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by onetrack(m): 3:23pm On Jul 03, 2016
winner01:
No, it means that atheists are bigots and their children tend to learn such dangerous mentalities fron their parents.

And they said irony was dead! grin

2 Likes

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:23pm On Jul 03, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

you deduce they're laughing at him cuz he's praying? how? don't you know that's bullying being shown? it could be for any reason

Someone is praying and they are laughing at him , it could be because he is a better footballer than they are .

Apparently ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:24pm On Jul 03, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

so since I'm atheist, I'm definitely a bigot

is that what you're trying to say?
That Atheism=Bigotry?

Oh yes . Bigotry is an inherent characteristic of atheism
Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by hopefulLandlord: 3:28pm On Jul 03, 2016
winner01:
We only refer them to the Bible when atheists initiate intolerant gestures. The purpose of this thread is to point out the bigotry of atheists.

I'm out if here

should've observed other atheists are ignoring this thread despite your calling their names

I guess they already know your game plan

wish you best of luck on the goal of this thread
Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:29pm On Jul 03, 2016
winner01:
That's who their kids will grow up to be. Having no regard for human beliefs and ideas.

Since they lack no moral compass its a possibility that they'd subscribe to incest . wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by Ranchhoddas: 3:29pm On Jul 03, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

So you have agreed that atheists are indeed bigots ? When someone shows bigotry , he goes about asking for religion to be abolished simply because he feels its a waste of atheism .

Atheists have no code of behaviour. The only thing they have in common is an absence of belief. One bigot atheist does not make all atheists bigots....and which atheist told you that atheism is the solution to Nigeria's problems?
Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:32pm On Jul 03, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I'm out if here

should've observed other atheists are ignoring this thread despite your calling their names

They are either offline or have assented to the veracity of this thread

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:36pm On Jul 03, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
Atheists have no code of behaviour. The only thing they have in common is an absence of belief. One bigot atheist does not make all atheists bigots....and which atheist told you that atheism is the solution to Nigeria's problems?

Lol . When your crew goes about claiming that faith is bad and religion is an impediment to development , aint you tacitly suggesting atheism as a solution ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by winner01(m): 3:41pm On Jul 03, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

I'm out if here

Atheists will ignore threads that speak the truth, but will feast on harmless christian threads. its still the same bigotry.

Bye my friend.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by winner01(m): 3:42pm On Jul 03, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

They are either offline or have assented to the veracity of this thread
As usual grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by cloudgoddess(f): 3:44pm On Jul 03, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
and the most amazing part is that both Muslims and Christians would join hands to frustrate your life for being atheist
for instance, most Muslims had no problem with me being a Christian (while I was a Christian) but suddenly started having issues with me being a "free agent"
shouldn't they like me more as a "free agent" than as a Christian?
logically speaking they should but they don't
they don't care which god I choose, they just want me to chose one, anyone
I've noticed this too. But psychologically it makes sense when you consider things like herd mentality & confirmation bias.

In addition to their particular faiths, Muslims and Christians are also biased towards a specific mode of thinking: an unquestioning, religious mindset. This mindset is fond of supernatural explanations, and is inclined to accept things as true out of fear of authority (God, Imam, Pastor, whatever), emotional reasoning, etc.

It's this shared mindset that they're truly defending more than anything else, moreso even than the specific details of their religion. Think of two categorical circles, a small one within a larger one. The larger circle is "religious thought" and the inner circle is "thought specific to my particular religion". Both Muslims and Christians are protective of both.

To put it in other words, they're much more threatened by the mere act of free thought than they are of contrary religious thought. That's where all the anger & defensiveness comes from. Atheists are outside of both circles, so we're much more deviant and unfamiliar in their eyes. A common enemy.

They can't imagine turning a critical eye on religious thinking themselves (out of fear), so they villify anyone bold enough (or in their eyes, crazy/sinful/arrogant enough) to do it. It's similar to how many slaves showed scorn towards the few fellow slaves who tried to fight for freedom. They were going against the paradigm and thus worthy of scorn. It's all based in fear and primitive thinking patterns.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by winner01(m): 3:44pm On Jul 03, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Since they lack no moral compass its a possibility that they'd subscribe to incest . wink
Abi oo. They all diverted the argument to inbreeding just to save their skins. I for blast all of them for front page. grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by Ranchhoddas: 3:45pm On Jul 03, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Lol . When your crew goes about claiming that faith is bad and religion is an impediment to development , aint you tacitly suggesting atheism as a solution ?
Is atheism the opposite of faith and religion. Is a secular society necessarily an atheist one?

1 Like

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by Ranchhoddas: 3:47pm On Jul 03, 2016
winner01:
Atheists will ignore threads that speak the truth, but will feast on harmless christian threads. its still the same bigotry.

Bye my friend.
What truth.That all atheists are bigots?
Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by winner01(m): 3:48pm On Jul 03, 2016
cloudgoddess:

I've noticed this too. But psychologically it makes sense when you consider things like herd mentality & confirmation bias.

In addition to their particular faiths, Muslims and Christians are also biased towards a specific mode of thinking: an unquestioning, religious mindset. This mindset is fond of supernatural explanations and is inclined to accept things as true out of fear of authority (God, Imam, Pastor, whatever), emotional reasoning, etc.

It's this shared mindset that they're truly defending more than anything else, moreso even than the specific details of their religion. Think of two categorical circles, a small one within a larger one. The larger circle is "religious thought" and the inner circle is "thought specific to my particular religion". Both Muslims and Christians are protective of both.

To put it in other words, they're much more threatened by the mere act of free thought than they are of contrary religious thought. That's where all the anger & defensiveness comes from. Atheists are outside of both circles, so we're much more deviant and unfamiliar in their eyes. A common enemy.

They can't imagine turning a critical eye on religious thinking themselves (out of fear), so they villify anyone bold enough to do it. It's similar to how many slaves showed scorn towards the few fellow slaves who tried to fight for freedom. They were going against the paradigm and thus worthy of scorn. It's all based in fear and primitive thinking patterns.
Good story!

But how about those of us who are free thinkers, who have analyzed critically our religion, scientific evidence and some alternative worldviews. Who are not slaves to the opinions of religious leaders? undecided

Naah, we dont matter right? grin

According to atheism, Once we believe in God, we can never be freethinkers. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by winner01(m): 3:49pm On Jul 03, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
What truth.That all atheists are bigots?
The truth about atheism and bigotry.
Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:50pm On Jul 03, 2016
winner01:
Lol. He is just following orders from their Atheist high priest, Dawkin.

Cloudgoddess is a culprit too . And she(he) pontificates a lot , gosh !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by hopefulLandlord: 3:53pm On Jul 03, 2016
cloudgoddess:

In addition to their particular faiths, Muslims and Christians are also biased towards a specific mode of thinking: an unquestioning, religious mindset. This mindset is fond of supernatural explanations, and is inclined to accept things as true out of fear of authority (God, Imam, Pastor, whatever), emotional reasoning, etc.

They can't imagine turning a critical eye on religious thinking themselves (out of fear), so they villify anyone bold enough (or in their eyes, crazy/sinful/arrogant enough) to do it. It's similar to how many slaves showed scorn towards the few fellow slaves who tried to fight for freedom. They were going against the paradigm and thus worthy of scorn. It's all based in fear and primitive thinking patterns.

I fully agree with this

1 Like

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:54pm On Jul 03, 2016
winner01:
Abi oo. They all diverted the argument to inbreeding just to save their skins. I for blast all of them for front page. grin grin grin

They are very disingenuous lots . They clearly understood what I was talking about and they started lectures on inbreeding - I clearly said "... pleasure not procreation "

grin grin grin .

That "incest thread " was really good . cool

wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:58pm On Jul 03, 2016
cloudgoddess:

My friend regress to your fish form and start using your gills to reason .

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by winner01(m): 4:14pm On Jul 03, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

My friend regress to your fish form and start using your gills to reason .
Ol boi, the probability of cloudgoddess regressing to fish form is seriously low, almost impossible.

But one way or the other, she believes she came from a fish that walked on land. grin grin

Chai, just because she needs an alternative for God grin grin

1 Share

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by Ranchhoddas: 4:15pm On Jul 03, 2016
winner01:
The truth about atheism and bigotry.
There are atheists bigots, Igbo bigots, Yoruba bigots, APC and PDP bigots, what's the point?
Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by CoolUsername: 4:49pm On Jul 03, 2016
If anyone is looking for the meaning of 'psychological projection' they should check this thread out.

1 Like

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by Dejideji1(m): 4:58pm On Jul 03, 2016
winner01:

Cloudgoddess will almost swear: "Atheism is biology"

I believe cloudgoddess is a biologist. Atheist biologists are the most adamant set of Atheists because they so much cling to materialism/naturalism.

according to Physicist Richard Conn Henry, An atheist must ignore, remain ignorant of, or rationalize away the insights of modern physics in order to prevent his/her belief system from collapsing....

I have put that comment on my profile for all Atheists to read.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by hopefulLandlord: 5:16pm On Jul 03, 2016
Dejideji1:

I believe cloudgoddess is a biologist. Atheist biologists are the most adamant set of Atheists because they so much cling to materialism/naturalism.

according to Physicist Richard Conn Henry, An atheist must ignore, remain ignorant of, or rationalize away the insights of modern physics in order to prevent his/her belief system from collapsing....

we now have a "belief system"?

this thread really is Psychological Projection

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by winner01(m): 5:20pm On Jul 03, 2016
Dejideji1:

One of the world's most famous scientists, probably the most famous living biologist, is Sir Francis Crick, the British co-discoverer of the structure of DNA, a Nobel Prize winner... Crick is also a fervent atheistic materialist, who propounded the particle story. In his autobiography, Crick says very candidly biologists must remind themselves daily that what they study was not created, it evolved; it was not designed, it evolved.

And i'm wondering why they have to remind themselves daily.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by winner01(m): 5:24pm On Jul 03, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

we now have a "belief system"?

this thread really is Psychological Projection
The atheists belief system is what motivates their intolerance.
Re: The Bigotry Of Atheism by Dejideji1(m): 5:53pm On Jul 03, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Bro i have read some of your comments and i can see your frustration. But I have some questions for you, and afterwards pls read what follows patiently.

1. What do you want to gain by being an Atheist or what do you want to achieve?

2. What is the meaning of life? Does it have any meaning?

For the second question above, we are all passing time on this earth right? since death is inevitable and everyday we are getting closer and closer to our death.

So what will you lose being a Christian because from your comments i can see you were formerly a Christian. Since everything in life is vanity, what point are you trying to prove?

As Christians there is a hope of an afterlife no matter how vague it may seem to you. Some other religions also have this hope. But as an Atheist which hope do you have?

And like many Christians have said on this forum before, why not live your life as if there is a God and after death find out there is none then you don't lose anything rather than live like there is none and end up discovering there is one? Then face the dire consequences

And mind you, the promise of an afterlife comes with a price just like every other things. But it's not that expensive, it won't cost you money, it will only cost you your sin.

I guess that is what majority of you guys are running away from, hence hiding under Atheism to enjoy an unrestrained lifestyle.
from the little interaction I have had with some of your colleagues, i can see that most of you like to engage in fornication, drinking, smoking, partying, drugs and so many other ill acts

We all know the outcome of those practices, so what still gives you the conviction that they are right?

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Noah Carried 2 Whales? / Christians Hardly Read The Bible .why Do They Try So Hard To Force It On Others / Apostle J. Ayo Babalola: The Most Used Picture In Nigerian Religious Cycle!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.