Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,807 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Abians, I'll Be Your Governor Soon, Ikpeazu Can't Stop Me- Ogah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abians, I'll Be Your Governor Soon, Ikpeazu Can't Stop Me- Ogah (628 Views)

If You Could Exchange Your Governor For Another Governor, Who Would It Be? / Ahmad Salkida Replies Army:'I'll Be In Nigeria If Army Provide My Flight Ticket' / Ikpeazu To Appeal High Court Judgement: Tells Abians Not To Panic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abians, I'll Be Your Governor Soon, Ikpeazu Can't Stop Me- Ogah by iflywithbuhari(f): 5:25pm On Jul 03, 2016
Abia State Governor-elect,
Dr Uche Ogah, has said that
public holidays would not
stop his inauguration as
governor of the state,
describing the stay of
execution order secured by
Governor Okezie Ikpeazu as
a black market injunction.
Ogah, who spoke in Abuja
through his Special Adviser
on Public Communication,
Monday Onyekachi,
maintained that the Abuja
Federal High Court acted
within its powers by issuing
him a certificate of return to
avoid an unpalatable
leadership vacuum in the
state.
This is just as he called on
all Abia people and well
meaning indigenes of the
state to join him in rebuilding
the state. He argued that
there is a difference between
a pre-election matter and
post-election trial of
electoral matters by tri­
bunals. “In a pre-election
matter, the enforceability of
a court judgment is immedi­
ate. In this case, Dr Ikpeazu
was never adjudged to have
been qualified to contest the
election in the first place,
while in a post-election
matter, the mandate enjoyed
by an incumbent subsists
until the tribunal or appellate
courts rule otherwise,” he
said.
According to him, “The
interim order was premised
on section 143 of the Elec­
toral Act which is only
applicable to judgments
obtained in Election
Tribunals, but not in pre-
election matters. It is a
laughable ruling not worth
the paper it was written.”
He further explained that the
High Court in Abia is a court
of coordinate jurisdiction with
a Federal High Court and as
such, any order given by
such court to contradict an
earlier order of the same
court is ipso facto null and
void, adding it is only a
higher court that has the le­
gal capacity to reverse the
earlier order or judgment.”
www.sunnewsonline.com/abia-public-holidays-wont-stop-my-swearing-in-ogah/
Re: Abians, I'll Be Your Governor Soon, Ikpeazu Can't Stop Me- Ogah by iflywithbuhari(f): 5:32pm On Jul 03, 2016
Abians, relax and keep calm. The matter will soon be over. Ikpeazu should vacate from office and stop resisting the inevitable. He should go and meet the BOT and blame them for his sack. Other governors and senators should pick their side wisely

1 Like

Re: Abians, I'll Be Your Governor Soon, Ikpeazu Can't Stop Me- Ogah by madridguy(m): 5:33pm On Jul 03, 2016
#IstandwithOgah.
Re: Abians, I'll Be Your Governor Soon, Ikpeazu Can't Stop Me- Ogah by OBAFEMIawolowo: 5:40pm On Jul 03, 2016
#teamUGAH
Re: Abians, I'll Be Your Governor Soon, Ikpeazu Can't Stop Me- Ogah by iflywithbuhari(f): 5:58pm On Jul 03, 2016
If Ikpeazu doesn't comply and surrender the state, after he is successfully kicked out and Ogah is sworn in, the true governor of Abia state will begin the process of judgement against Ikpeazu for forgery.
Re: Abians, I'll Be Your Governor Soon, Ikpeazu Can't Stop Me- Ogah by utytill(m): 6:56pm On Jul 03, 2016
I think only supreme court to settle this matter.i hope appeal court should sit and deliver judgement on the case.
Re: Abians, I'll Be Your Governor Soon, Ikpeazu Can't Stop Me- Ogah by SDAC: 7:41pm On Jul 03, 2016
iflywithbuhari:
If Ikpeazu doesn't comply and surrender the state, after he is successfully kicked out and Ogah is sworn in, the true governor of Abia state will begin the process of judgement against Ikpeazu for forgery.
how about the forgery and criminal case against ogah.

(1) (Reply)

Two Militants Nabbed In Lagos, Attack On Community Foiled / PHOTOS: Governor Ambode Hosts The 16th One-day Governor / Buhari Orders Deployment Of 1,000 Troops To Tackle Armed Gangs In Zamfara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.