Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,620 members, 7,813,047 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:41 AM

My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? (3671 Views)

Lady Allows Her Hubby To Marry 2nd Wife, Even Feeds Her On The Wedding Day(pics / Nigerian Lady Dies During Childbirth, Leaving Her White Hubby & Son Behind / Oyibo Woman Enjoying Her Trip To Abakaliki With Her Hubby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by BumbleBee2ice(f): 6:48pm On Jul 03, 2016
My hubby was born a Roman Catholic while i was a Penticostal (i attend CAC nw).
When we initially got married we were both attending his church, bt after i gave birth to my baby i stopped goin wit him to his church nd he raised no qualms bcs i believ i gave him tenable reasons 4 stopping, one of d reason is: i need a church dat prayer well, nd knowing where i was coming from he didn't dispute.
Tho his mom wasn't really ok wit d idea of us attending diff churches bt considering she hersef not bin of d catholic faith, she let it rest.
D interesting thing is tho we attend diff churches on Sundays, we both attend every Tuesday morning service of my church.

Pple feel we r not doing d right thing as a couple bt pls are they right Share ur views pls
Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 6:51pm On Jul 03, 2016
It is terrible, it is hideous, it is unfathomable.. for all we know he could be scoping the choir girls in their tight Sunday skirts.

2 Likes

Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by Vendoor(f): 6:59pm On Jul 03, 2016
Madam, Its wrong... Fellowship with him and reunite your family.

You knew he was a catholic before you married him.

2 Likes

Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by crackhaus: 7:01pm On Jul 03, 2016
Just wait small, a certain group of 'happily married women' will soon be here to advise you to keep attending separate churches because it doesn't matter...or better still, your husband must join you in attending yours.
Be weary of this group, some of us have juice on their real story! gringrin

My view:
Madam I beg you, attend church with your husband. Simple!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by 234GT(m): 7:02pm On Jul 03, 2016
It is bad. If the man is good enough for you to marry, his church should be good for you.
If his church is bad, then the man is bad and you are also bad for marrying a bad man. No offence intended, that is just the plain truth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by zeb04(f): 7:10pm On Jul 03, 2016
why do you need validation from us.

of what business is it to online folks. if you and your husband are okay with it then what else do you wanna here.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by emmanwaka: 7:16pm On Jul 03, 2016
there is nothing wrong with it, what matters is your relationship with God.
Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by byvan03: 7:16pm On Jul 03, 2016
I view it as a sort of division, if it works for you, good.

1 Like

Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by rvpbae: 7:29pm On Jul 03, 2016
Madam its like you want people to come and scatter ur head with their opinions abi? You said it yourself that your husband is ok with the reasons you gave him for changing your church, even MIL later gave in.

Mbok, what else do you need? Marriage is about two people o, forget what pple will say. And as a catholic, I quite understand your reason for going back to your church, especially with your Pentecostal background.

But me personally, I can't do it sha. Is it not the same God we serve Tbh, religion is overrated!

5 Likes

Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by Winneygirl(f): 7:33pm On Jul 03, 2016
You are more concerned with what people think...
How is it any of their business?

A system has been working for you with no issues, now you are looking for people's opinion...

4 Likes

Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 03, 2016
crackhaus:
Just wait small, a certain group of 'happily married women' will soon be here to advise you to keep attending separate churches because it doesn't matter...or better still, your husband must join you in attending yours.

My view:
lol.
You are such a troublesome human being grin.
Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by LivinaPatrick(f): 7:44pm On Jul 03, 2016
I really pity you ma'am and also your marriage. You shouldn't take somethings for granted,that only can cause you your happiness.
Do you know the worse part,you will start blaming Satan when your decision will cause wahala,meanwhile you did it with your two naked eyes. You need COMMON SENSE.
Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by PresVA: 7:44pm On Jul 03, 2016
Will I advise couples to attend different churches? No...
You said both of you are doing it and are ok with it, but then I feel your conscience is pricking you hence this thread...

Who will the kids follow to church?
Going to different churches creates some kinda division whereas you should be United. . I think both of you should agree on which to be attending TOGETHER as a family. ...

I for one can't attend a different church, I will feel so 'alone'..I like having my husband beside me in church. .

All d best..

1 Like

Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by stunningjudy(f): 7:48pm On Jul 03, 2016
Why are u of the belief that Catholics don't pray well? Prayer is a personal communication with God. Don't generalize issues. It's not until u have headache while praying that u know u have prayed well, remember praying without faith is empty. Meanwhile I'd advice u to put ur home in order, will u want to divide ur children's belief? Your excuse will be Catholics don't pray well? Then your kids will now struggle with religion. Follow ur hubby so ur home will be United.

7 Likes

Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by rukkyland(m): 7:54pm On Jul 03, 2016
United we stand... divided we fall. Use ur head.
Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 03, 2016
I wonder which church your children will attend when they are old enough to go by themselves.

Unite your family madam.
Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by BumbleBee2ice(f): 8:08pm On Jul 03, 2016
Lol, bt did u knw av harboured such thot b4, ad to dismiss it bcs i dnt let tins lyk dat bug me.
Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by BumbleBee2ice(f): 8:10pm On Jul 03, 2016
I get u point, thnks
Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by nnamdibig(m): 8:20pm On Jul 03, 2016
The family that prays together stays together.

2 Likes

Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by BumbleBee2ice(f): 8:46pm On Jul 03, 2016
Anoda reason was timing...
While he prefers to attend d 1st mass, I bcs of my little baby was always nt meeting up so we settled 4 d 2nd one, tho he neva really complained bt i knew he wasn't too keen on it, d church was a bit far frm our home nd i couldn't tink of hopping public buses wit d little baby then.
I then decided to look 4 one near my home nd dats where i worship till we speak.
Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by BumbleBee2ice(f): 8:49pm On Jul 03, 2016
We do our bedtime prayers 2geda still
Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by njiasi30(f): 9:19pm On Jul 03, 2016
@ "People feel" don't live ur marriage on what ppl will feel but on what u and ur hubby will feel. Dere is charismatic group in catholic, dey pray like d Pentecostal Church, if dats ur reason of going to another church.

5 Likes

Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 03, 2016
BumbleBee2ice:
My hubby was born a Roman Catholic while i was a Penticostal (i attend CAC nw).
When we initially got married we were both attending his church, bt after i gave birth to my baby i stopped goin wit him to his church nd he raised no qualms bcs i believ i gave him tenable reasons 4 stopping, one of d reason is: i need a church dat prayer well, nd knowing where i was coming from he didn't dispute.
Tho his mom wasn't really ok wit d idea of us attending diff churches bt considering she hersef not bin of d catholic faith, she let it rest.
D interesting thing is tho we attend diff churches on Sundays, we both attend every Tuesday morning service of my church.

Pple feel we r not doing d right thing as a couple bt pls are they right Share ur views pls
I for one wouldn't encourage couples to have separate churches but that's not what I want to talk about. From your write up, your hubby is cool with the whole stuff and even attends weekday fellowship in your church. Why are you disturbing yourself with what people feel? This is how people bring issues into their marriage. It's obviously working for you, you are happy and your husband is okay with it. Wetin you kon dey find? Shey na the people wey dey talk be your husband? undecided

crackhaus:

My view:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahaaa you sef sabi the "happily married women" gringrin

1 Like

Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by Aquariann: 9:34pm On Jul 03, 2016
I keep hearing people saying "Catholics don't pray" or "Catholics don't read the bible" and I ask myself is this the same Catholic church I and my family attend or another one? Must we pray at the top of our voices in church for our enemies to die by fire and all that before we're called a bible believing church or prayer house? I mean does God only hear us when we pray out loud, calling down fire on everything seen and unseen?

If you are a prayerful person, you're a prayerful person and you can pray without the person sitting next to you knowing. And if you need brethren to join you in prayers you have the Charismatic folks. I mean, there's no time of the day you walk into a Catholic church and you don't see people or someone praying quietly in one corner.

Back to you topic, I think it is a dangerous thing for you to worship in different churches. A family that prays together, stays together. Forget love making, there are several other things couples do together that encourages intimacy or closeness, attending church together is one of them. Agreed you pray at home together, but imagine you sitting next to your partner and you both get to listen to the wonderful message from the preacher, it would be better than trying to share it with him later.

Also you don't have any strain in your marriage, why give room for people to insinuate what is not there. Again being together in such (religious) functions, you don't give room for unnecessary temptations, thoughts or avoidable acts. I bet you are glad having him by your side during your weekly fellowship? Or perhaps maybe it's just a thing of pride for you to pull him to follow you to your church and leave his "if he loves you"?

Marriage is not as hard as y'all always want it to seem like. You should learn to guard you home and never give room for the devil to creep in. Devil dey church too remember.

8 Likes

Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by BumbleBee2ice(f): 10:09pm On Jul 03, 2016
Hmmm, if i say i avnt bin tempted b4 to go sneaking in on him to see who he picks up on his way back home i would be lying. bt do i really need dat?
Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by DrSexMata(m): 10:14pm On Jul 03, 2016
zeb04:
why do you need validation from us.

of what business is it to online folks. if you and your husband are okay with it then what else do you wanna here.

not just right...she is here because she needs opinions and answers...pls
Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by Jayne2014(f): 10:26pm On Jul 03, 2016
BumbleBee2ice:
Anoda reason was timing...
While he prefers to attend d 1st mass, I bcs of my little baby was always nt meeting up so we settled 4 d 2nd one, tho he neva really complained bt i knew he wasn't too keen on it, d church was a bit far frm our home nd i couldn't tink of hopping public buses wit d little baby then.
I then decided to look 4 one near my home nd dats where i worship till we speak.
Madam, follow your husband to his church. Join the Catholic charismatic renewal there. It will help you with your prayer life. There are many firebrand priests in the Catholic Church.

3 Likes

Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by DrSexMata(m): 10:30pm On Jul 03, 2016
BumbleBee2ice:
Hmmm, if i say i avnt bin tempted b4 to go sneaking in on him to see who he picks up on his way back home i would be lying. bt do i really need dat?

is there any level of break in communication between you and your hubby?
Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by BumbleBee2ice(f): 10:47pm On Jul 03, 2016
Cnt tink of any. Y did u ask pls
Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by Askseek(f): 12:48am On Jul 04, 2016
BumbleBee2ice:

You know, u can't put hot coals on your chest and not expect it to burn you. When this one you are doing, inviting strangers into your home burns don't come crying oh
Re: My Hubby Nd I Attend Different Churches, Is It Ok? by lilmax(m): 2:30am On Jul 04, 2016
You have no excuse

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Hubby Asked My Mum To Go because I Gave Him Her Undies To Wash / ‘my Wife Attempted To Kill Me After I Caught Her In Bed With A Lover’ / Getting A Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.