Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Getting A Wife - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Getting A Wife (3674 Views)

Fifteen Stupid Things A Wife Can Do To Mess Up Her Marriage!!! / Please How Can Someone Handle A Wife That Loves Sex So Much? / See How A Wife Was Battered By Her Husband On Christmas Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting A Wife by Donbrig: 8:40pm On Feb 26, 2016
Is getting a second wife a sin?

2 Likes

Re: Getting A Wife by Eesha: 8:47pm On Feb 26, 2016
Hmm. Marriage of convenience. ...hmmm I know our breed o. My sisters will just marry you and chop your investment plus u join. Not a good idea except if you can find that angel... and they are not bred on this side of paradise grin

3 Likes

Re: Getting A Wife by Dyt(f): 8:48pm On Feb 26, 2016
So you mean the purpose of your second marriage is for kids in naija?
Issokai

Have you thought about how your wife would feel?
Your kids?

Dunno
I am just being emotional

4 Likes

Re: Getting A Wife by Nobody: 8:54pm On Feb 26, 2016
U are kinda ungrateful. And u don't love ur wife, or the kids she gave u. In fact u are a user friendly. But go ahead and marry a new wife. Maybe God wants to punish u. grin

13 Likes

Re: Getting A Wife by armyofone(m): 9:13pm On Feb 26, 2016
No, sell everything and save the money for when you are ready to go back.
New wife to manage kini?
Better pitch your tent in entirety with your wife o Isreal.

3 Likes

Re: Getting A Wife by K9blunt(f): 9:17pm On Feb 26, 2016
That's not nice, personally typing,

But being objective , you have to ask your wife if she's going to be OK with your stance.

Secondly think very well if its going to be worth it.

Thirdly is that how you visualised how your life would be ?

I personally think you're being selfish and ungrateful, am 50% sure your current wife has been through thick and thin with you but you have already forgotten about all that because you've made money, now what matters is leaving a name and fortune, not for your kids but yourself so you can die smiling, that you're one of them African men with a legacy.

Why don't you make a will for the family you have now, dedicate your current job to someone who is not your child but also needs to establish himself/herself or rather in your will, state your wealth/ business empire should be sold and given to the poor. Just think out of the box and do something for humanity and stop being self centered because when you die, that's it! Sefini, zip! You don't know anything or are weather your name will be remembered or not.

Smh

3 Likes

Re: Getting A Wife by Nobody: 9:25pm On Feb 26, 2016
Is this the only possibility and option that has crossed your mind so far? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Getting A Wife by cococandy(f): 9:25pm On Feb 26, 2016
Get a paid manager.
It will be cheaper and less messy for you.
You want to marry a second wife to manage the wealth that another woman helped you create?
You guys should fear God o.

So your second wife will become the overseer of what does not actually belong to her.
Of course kids will come from her too which will complicate your life and also deplete the wealth you're trying to protect.
The wealth you're trying to manage may still end up lost to you as you don't know who'll be benefiting from it while you're not around.
God have mercy on you your white wife doesn't find out and divorce you.

In the end what have you gained?

I don't know why we humans in seeking fleshy pleasure don't think of what we could lose in the process.

8 Likes

Re: Getting A Wife by PresVA: 9:25pm On Feb 26, 2016
The only way to manage your investments in Nigeria is to get a second wife? Smh

You don't have siblings or relatives? You can't also hire someone?
You want to marry a woman, then keep her here as your caretaker? Very selfish!
Also, show some respect for your present wife!
The decision to marry a second wife will only scatter your investments and life instead of 'organising' it.. God help you too if the new woman isn't't good...

Shalom ....

10 Likes

Re: Getting A Wife by Nobody: 9:45pm On Feb 26, 2016
Chairman as i dey hungry so, u no fit fyn something 4 me to take hold belle na second wife u wan marry? u wan die young? abeg roger me something nah!

4 Likes

Re: Getting A Wife by AZeD1(m): 9:48pm On Feb 26, 2016
Lol at marry second wife because of your investment.

Of all the excuses in the world, this is the best you can come up with? Be a man, if you feel you can handle two wifes, go for it but stop lying on "investments in Nigeria" when you can hire a manager.

6 Likes

Re: Getting A Wife by kukuruku156(f): 9:53pm On Feb 26, 2016
Abeg bros talk true. Are you sure you dont already have a Naija girlfriend by the side who you are now trying to repay for all years of patiently waiting for you? undecided sad If that is not the case, you can simply engage the services of a caretaker / manager as others have advised.

2 Likes

Re: Getting A Wife by TheArchangel(f): 9:56pm On Feb 26, 2016
What a joke!!!
Same way Bill Gates and Warren buffet and the others has multiple wives all over the globe to protect their investments, huh

Well I am available, can I pm you
Below is my resume and past working experience sir.

Am gonna chop you clean then informs your legal wife to finish the job before she effs you....

Coming up with the resume shortly....

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Wife by Nobody: 9:59pm On Feb 26, 2016
Works well bruh...My uncle is based in china,Married to a Chinese girl,Realy sweet, well mannered and all,But by no means able to handle all the wealth my uncle has Back home here...So he took a Nigerian Wife (very capable women)...She knows about the chinko wife but. Is not bothered...she's a strong lady...

Tat it worked for my uncle doesn't mean it will for yhu tho...all the best sha
P.S-the chinese wife is not aware of the Nigerian Wife...sad

1 Like

Re: Getting A Wife by Sparkles003(f): 10:07pm On Feb 26, 2016
No need to marry.just employ as your manager.why you say.
I'm capable of managing your assests provided you pay me a reasonable salary.
I wont defraud or swindle your money.
I will grow your investments.
Gosh i need a job.lobatan
Re: Getting A Wife by raumdeuter: 10:53pm On Feb 26, 2016
Assuming I also have investments in like 25 countries in the world

Wont it be a good idea to have one wife per country to help me manage these investments

Wife = Investment manager

What does being a wife have to do with managing investments

OP you funny gan sha. Genius Idea. best way to protect investment is to marry a wife

9 Likes

Re: Getting A Wife by karleone(m): 10:55pm On Feb 26, 2016
Donbrig:
I've been happily married to my white wife, since 14yrs and blessed with two beautiful kids. And with lots of properties and other investments in Nigeria, which my mother helped me to established. Now that my mother is getting older and weaker by the day, the burden of who to help me manage my wealth in Nigeria is falling heavily on me little by little. My kids might not show interest in going to Nigeria to manage or takeover my investments.

I love my wife and her family whom God had used to bless me in all areas of life. The decision to marry a second wife who will help me organize things when I'm not around had been troubling me. As I prepare to visit Naija in few weeks time, I am so confused and don't know what to do.

Pls, I need all the good advice I can get, to prevent me from making a decision I might regret for the rest of my life.

Insults are also allowed, but be diplomatic a little bit.

Thank You.

OP, kindly pack up and return to your Native country jor. What makes you think that marrying a Second wife will help protect/cater for the investment? If you're not ready to come back home, kindly PM me so we can discuss on how to work out a plan.
Note: if las las ur wifey com know say you keep anoda woman for naija eh, na hot water she go pour u be dat o.

1 Like

Re: Getting A Wife by Nobody: 11:18pm On Feb 26, 2016
Assignment

Number one: Read up on the meaning of the word 'wife'.

Number two: Read up on the meaning of the term 'property manager'.

Number three: Distinguish between the two.

Number four: Wake up at a time when the better part of your neighbourhood would be asleep, and ask yourself why you want to hurt your wife and kids.

Number four and a half: Tell us how you got your foreign papers.

Good luck.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Getting A Wife by yomalex(m): 6:14am On Feb 27, 2016
Donbrig:
I've been happily married to my white wife, since 14yrs and blessed with two beautiful kids. And with lots of properties and other investments in Nigeria, which my mother helped me to established. Now that my mother is getting older and weaker by the day, the burden of who to help me manage my wealth in Nigeria is falling heavily on me little by little. My kids might not show interest in going to Nigeria to manage or takeover my investments.

I love my wife and her family whom God had used to bless me in all areas of life. The decision to marry a second wife who will help me organize things when I'm not around had been troubling me. As I prepare to visit Naija in few weeks time, I am so confused and don't know what to do.

Pls, I need all the good advice I can get, to prevent me from making a decision I might regret for the rest of my life.

Thank You.
I can help with management if they are located in the South west of Nigeria.
Re: Getting A Wife by greatgod2012(f): 7:15am On Feb 27, 2016
Mr man, o ti yo tan, o nwa bekun bekun kiri
...........Literal meaning....... you don't belle full, you dey look for wetin go burst your belle.

Better don't try it, for your own good. You attested to the fact that you have a wonderful wife, whom God has used to bless you bountifully, but you don't mind hurting her feeling just because of your selfishness.

Get a manager like others have suggested, carry your wife along with your plans, so that she will understand the reason for your constant travellings.
Don't betray your wife's trust, it's dangerous!

4 Likes

Re: Getting A Wife by Teespice(f): 7:17am On Feb 27, 2016
you can go ahead and marry.
remember that you have a subsisting marriage and can be sued for bigamy.
you may lose what you are even trying to protect.

2 Likes

Re: Getting A Wife by Teespice(f): 7:17am On Feb 27, 2016
you can go ahead and marry.
remember that you have a subsisting marriage and can be sued for bigamy.
you may lose what you are even trying to protect.
Re: Getting A Wife by Pidggin(f): 7:19am On Feb 27, 2016
Donbrig:

Thank You.

It depends on your religion, if you are a Christian it's a No No, you should ask a relative or employ someone to manage your investments. If on the other hand you are a muslim or a traditionalist then you can read up on the guidelines that allow you to do so.

1 Like

Re: Getting A Wife by Exponental(m): 7:30am On Feb 27, 2016
go ahead if you don't mind losing ur 'lives' and properties to her. you can give ur businesses n properties to property managers
Re: Getting A Wife by patani(m): 8:29am On Feb 27, 2016
If you find a clear conscience woman, why not...however if the new wife is only interested in your money, you may end up worse in life...talking from an uncles experience
.he married for the same reason on Nigeria while he was still staying in America. The Nigerian lady simply started bewitching him to send all is hard earned dollar to Nigeria while she keeps having affair in nija. She left him eventually worse that she met him. Simply weigh in option...personally I belive man is naturally built to marry more than one wife..forget all these religion fanatics and western hypocrites..my own advise though
Re: Getting A Wife by Creamish(f): 8:40am On Feb 27, 2016
If you don't have any sibling or relative U can trust to manage ur investment, hire someone with a good CV and reasonable guarantors. Thru ur naija business connections, there must be someone DAT can help u handle recruitment and verification of the staff if ur mum is not physically able to. The need for guarantors is to reduce ur risk exposure.

U stand a better chance with someone who's got experience managing your investment for u..than a 2nd wife who'll cause more harm than good for u in the long run.

Bon chance!
Re: Getting A Wife by bebe2(f): 2:17pm On Feb 27, 2016
I have no advice for the op,

But rather a question of my own to diasporans.

Whether u are married to a Nigerian or not , wat do u think is going to happen to your properties in Nigeria?
Re: Getting A Wife by Nobody: 4:00pm On Feb 27, 2016
bebe2:
I have no advice for the op,

But rather a question of my own to diasporans.

Whether u are married to a Nigerian or not , wat do u think is going to happen to your properties in Nigeria?

This is what I dont understand
He married an oyibo who from the sounds of it is not interested in his Nigerian business and investments, so why invest in Nigeria and not elsewhere where they can both live snd enjoy the fruit of their labour.
What is the point in building proerties that you wont enjoy?

As for him wanting to marry another woman....Its his choice.
Before I used to feel sorry when I see some old people sufering especially men living lonely and broke and no children to look after them.
Now I know that many of them are just reaping what they sowed.
14 years and 2 wonderful children, this man wants to marry another woman and she will reap where she has not sown.
When this man was running away from border force and eating hand to mouth before this woman came along, where was this "caretaker" wife

My question is what has he invested abroad for his wife and children? bearing in mind that if anything happens God forbid, the oyibo wife and children will have no claim to the property and investments in Nigeria.

Hope I was diplomatic enough

5 Likes

Re: Getting A Wife by lesbiangirl(f): 4:17pm On Feb 27, 2016
The devil is playing with your mind mr man grin grin you've not even thought abt the risk involved..na so e easy to trust persin with money and properties. undecided

But what do i know Please kindly go ahead we shall wait for anoda thread in a few years of you regretting ur actions and looking for advice you're probably never going to take undecided

3 Likes

Re: Getting A Wife by Nobody: 4:50pm On Feb 27, 2016
Op, i can manage and oversee your buisnesses here in nigeria. I havea successful biz running, so handling yours will be piece of cake. Dont marry second wife, pls and am not ready to be second wife....this is purely service been rendered and paid for.. So fill me in on the details and lemme handle the contract of overseeing yur investments here in nija..
Pm my handle if you are ready.
Re: Getting A Wife by Nobody: 5:04pm On Feb 27, 2016
No to a second wife. Don't you have brothers, sisters, Uncle, Aunties or trusted friends? Marrying a second wife is not the best solution o.
Cc: babra19

(1) (2) (Reply)

Advice Needed. No Insults Pls! / Few Household Items / Family Dilemma: Housewife Or Working-wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.