Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,981 members, 7,814,336 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

What To Know Before Going For IT Program. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What To Know Before Going For IT Program. (1414 Views)

Think Twice Before Going For Masters Degree (m.sc) - Vincent Adeoba / Things To Do Before Going To You Study Abroad / Basic Skills You Must Learn Now Before Going To Any Higher Institution (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What To Know Before Going For IT Program. by Edroom: 10:09pm On Jul 03, 2016
IT is an abbreviation for Industrial Training, it is a professional aspect of education which students in higher institutions are expose to. Industrial Training refers to work experience that is relevant to professional development prior to graduation. Industrial Training is normally done by students during the semester breaks or second semester at the end of third or fourth year of stay in campus.

In case of engineering students it’s called SIWES (Students Industrial Work Experience Scheme) which usually fall during second semester of 400L and long vacations. I want you to read this article very well, any slight skipping might make you lose valuable tips.

Let me quickly tell you the benefits of Industrial Training:

1. To expose students to practical experience and knowledge which is required in industry, especially things that are not thought in lecture room.

2. To apply the theory thought in lecture room in real industry situation.

3. To gain experience in writing reports in your disciplines.

4. To expose students to professional responsibilities.

5. To expose students to future employers.

6. Development of skills and communications.

7. Train to write final year project.

The following are things you should know before going for IT program:

1. IT program should be every semester break: many students wait until their third or fourth year in school before they go for IT. It is true many students use their semester break to work, at least find some money before they resume. I will advise you to create time for your discipline, money will come later when you are good in your discipline. Search for industries, companies during your semester holidays, It’s because you need experience, you can’t gain that experience in an IT of 3 months.

2. Choose a standard Industry/Company for your IT: The place where you do your IT matters, you need to do research, use google. When you choose standard industry, you will be thoroughly furnished. It also tells the kind of people you will mingle with. Don’t choose because most of your friends are there.

3. Closeness to residence: Make sure you choose a place close to your residence. The IT is for learning, you don’t need stress, you need to resume work early.

4. Create room for future employment: Remember, you are not yet employed, therefore, you need to work diligently, be smart and be hardworking. This is because many employers regard this period as a chance to vet new employee for future employment.

5. Get experience in a range of activities: involve yourself in many practical works, even if it’s outside what you learn in school. The world is not waiting for people with common sense but people with unique sense.

6. Be puncture: you need to attend work regularly, resume work early, by doing this you are build yourself for the future.

7. Ask questions: you need to understand every step, ask questions from your supervisor. Don’t feel too big or timid, it is the best time to gain knowledge.

8. Seek advice from your employer: if you have the opportunity of getting to the owner of that company, ask questions about his life, what he did to reach the position, seek advice on your career , experience is a great teacher, you don’t have to repeat their mistakes.

9. Be friendly with your co-worker: communication is very important, who knows where help can come from? You need to respect those that old, you don’t need rudeness. Be simple in the way you interact. Build your intra-personal relationship then move to inter personal relationship.

10. Snap pictures: whenever you are doing something that can easily be forgotten, snap it with your phone. You also need pictorial views when writing your report, so keep your pictures.

11. Present a good report: your report will tell how much you have invested. When writing, be smart, precise and explain well to prove you have done good job.

You can follow the following methods for your report:

· Introduction: a brief explanation on what you did during your IT program.

· Purpose of report: [/b]it includes: Training experience, personal performance, technical report and your personal experience.

· [b] Content and Format:
write eligibly, using appropriate front and size, A4 paper with front size of 12 is ok.

· Table of Content: it includes Title, sub-title, page number…

· Background of Company or Organization: this a brief description of the industry where you did the IT. You can include the history, structural organization of main activity, you can also include title and position of officers in the company.

· Summary of duties: e.g time of duty, the type of work you did.

· Working experience: this include project carried out, supervisory works, problem faced, problem solved etc.

· Summary: this a brief explanation of everything you have written.

· Reference: you need to show list of people’s work used in your report.

· Appendix: it includes training pictures, figures/tables, notations and symbols.

Your grading will be on the following:

· Report from supervisor

· Your report

· Log book

· Oral presentation: it is a kind of defend which you do in your school after the IT program.

Stay blessed.

source is http://www.9jaread.com/2016/07/what-you-should-know-before-going-for.html
Re: What To Know Before Going For IT Program. by smashad(m): 6:55am On Apr 29, 2018
I am a student of industrial chemistry and my I.t is for a whole year, is it possible to have my industrial training abroad?

(1) (Reply)

Can I Gain Admission With These My O Levels Result This My Preferred University / See These 2 Shocking Questions God Will Ask After We Die / Meet Elliott Tanner, The 13-year-old Who Just Got His College Degree In Physics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.