Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,924 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:43 PM

How I Was Scammed By Nigezietv VJ Pam Briggs - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / How I Was Scammed By Nigezietv VJ Pam Briggs (1256 Views)

BBNaija: “I Was Here For Money But Now In Love With Miracle” – Nina / BBNaija Vandora: I Was Voted Out For Not Kissing & Engaging In Sexual Acts / Tboss: 'I Was On My Period When Kemen Touched Me' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Was Scammed By Nigezietv VJ Pam Briggs by andykayode: 5:01am On Jul 04, 2016
Hello Moderator,
This may appear funny but I want you to help me out because it's very real. I happened to be someone that do believe in giving out helping hands online, provided you know who you dealing with.
On this fateful day, I saw a post on Facebook page being operated by Pam Briggs ( a NigezieTv VJ), real name (Pamela Uwagbale Okonofua) she was actually asking if anyone have an idea of how to deal with issues if online banking. I thought she just need help from someone to talk her through a newly download bank App, so I messaged her to ask her what the issue was about. She told me that she was actually at a Location and she will need help from someone cos she actually want to pay for her PHCN subscription, that she left home some couple of days ago without knowing her meter card was almost used up.
She said all her effort to do some transfer to one of her occupant's account in order for him to help her buy another phcn card has proved abortive, that each time she tried that, she got deducted and the money refused to be transfered to the person account. So I asked her if she had contacted other friends of hers to help her out, cos being a VJ and working for NigezieTv, she will know a lot of people. She said she has tried but to no avail. Now, she begged me to help her send the money to the person. I had a second thought, I was like send money? She started begging that it was very urgent that she kept some soup in her freezer before she traveled for her Location.
I asked how much, she said #7850, I said OK 8K sha? She said Yes! I said No Problem. Now, she gave me her 2 phone numbers and I verified to my own ability to see if the number is aunthetic enough then I find out that one of the phone number was registered on Whatsapp, Snapchat - that bears same selfie as the ones on her other accounts, and IMO and each bearing her Pics as dp . I asked if she is on Instagram, she said yes, I asked for her instagram id . she said @vjpambriggs. I went ahead to search and I find out that she was even being followed by some of the Naija celebrities and Artists. I went on Youtube and on NigezieTv page and discovered that its the same voice that av been talking to.
Then, I feel "relieved". So, I went ahead with the transaction.
The transaction was made on Wednesday and she promised to Pay Back by Saturday when she would had left her Location. I said No Problem. So, we continued to chat on Whatsapp and via phone calls. Then Saturday morning reached, I just noticed that her FB status went faded on my phone- av been blocked, the she was no longer available on Whatsapp- av been blocked.
Then instagram too- Can get across to her again, the i called her on her usual number, I discovered have been blacklisted in her phone! I tot its was my account, not until I got a Friend's phone and lo and Behold . She was still available, I got a phone and called her, as soon as she heard my voice she hung up. Then blocked the number again, likewise my friend's account that I use to get cross to her. She has now changed her FB name to : Cherry Pam and also has a page Pam Briggs too.
This is not all about the money, but I was surprised that she could do such with all her "status" , and I want all Nigerians to know that sometimes its better not to lend an helping hand than to bear the consequences of your action . I have screenshots and her voice record when she was asking for the monetary help. Her contact is on the screenshot attached.
Thanks for your Patient

Re: How I Was Scammed By Nigezietv VJ Pam Briggs by ooluwasinzu(m): 5:08am On Jul 04, 2016
ehya sorry these scammers are everywhere my guy think say im don get celebrity babe.... "Pams!!!" try to tweet @nigezie official instagram or twitter handle that might help

1 Like

Re: How I Was Scammed By Nigezietv VJ Pam Briggs by andykayode: 5:16am On Jul 04, 2016
ooluwasinzu:
ehya
sorry
these scammers are everywhere
my guy think say im don get celebrity babe.... "Pams!!!"
try to tweet @nigezie official instagram or twitter handle
that might help
Thanks bro, I sent them a message on their official Facebook page, but no response yet, but will use the twitter and instagram handle too. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Facts About Tacha And Mercy Eke, The Hottest Girls In #bbnaija 2019? (photos) / Vm Company Vfx / Want To Be An Actress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.