Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

Is There Anything Wrong For A Woman To Give A Man Money To Pay Her Bride Price? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is There Anything Wrong For A Woman To Give A Man Money To Pay Her Bride Price? (2675 Views)

Is It Wrong For A Man To Move Into His Wife's House After Marriage? / Father Carrying His Step Daughter At The Pool. Anything Wrong With The Photo? / Anything Wrong With Sleeping In This Position With My Sister? - Jayzeez (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Anything Wrong For A Woman To Give A Man Money To Pay Her Bride Price? by Nobody: 1:44am On Jul 05, 2016
In a situation whereby the man and the woman love each other but the man has no money for dowry, is there anything wrong for the woman to foot the dowry if she has the money?

P S: For me there is nothing wrong in it as far as they love themselves. But what i'm afraid of, is that sometimes woman are like a river. You may cross over it in the morning when it is dried and the same river would drown you in the evening when it over-flows its bank. She may later becomes the dictator of the house and the head of the family and she may wants to controls the man, this is my opinion.

Feel free to add yours
Re: Is There Anything Wrong For A Woman To Give A Man Money To Pay Her Bride Price? by MuyiRano(m): 1:53am On Jul 05, 2016
Re: Is There Anything Wrong For A Woman To Give A Man Money To Pay Her Bride Price? by Neverquit(f): 3:21am On Jul 05, 2016
No, women should not pay their own dowries/bride prices.

If the guy is low on funds, he should save until he has more than enough or he should negotiate with bride's family or not marry from hungry/greedy family.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong For A Woman To Give A Man Money To Pay Her Bride Price? by Winneygirl(f): 3:26am On Jul 05, 2016
You want her to pay her own dowry??

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong For A Woman To Give A Man Money To Pay Her Bride Price? by Nobody: 3:34am On Jul 05, 2016
Tufiakwa

6 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong For A Woman To Give A Man Money To Pay Her Bride Price? by Lilprincey(m): 4:36am On Jul 05, 2016
I don't support a woman paying her own dowry. It would cause low self esteem on the husband and the woman may not give maximum respect to the man. Worst of it, they girl's family would treat the husband like a broke nigga
Re: Is There Anything Wrong For A Woman To Give A Man Money To Pay Her Bride Price? by Nobody: 5:34am On Jul 05, 2016
Thts is wrong.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong For A Woman To Give A Man Money To Pay Her Bride Price? by chriskosherbal(m): 6:12am On Jul 05, 2016
Totally wrong, an abuse to marriage and traditional rites, this is not a matter of marriage, a woman paying her dowry Just got married to herself.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong For A Woman To Give A Man Money To Pay Her Bride Price? by infogenius(m): 6:43am On Jul 05, 2016
Instead, the man can rally around his family and friends to raise money to pay dowry.
No matter the love, it remains the man's responsibility and not the lady.

3 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong For A Woman To Give A Man Money To Pay Her Bride Price? by Funnyguy83: 6:44am On Jul 05, 2016
No.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong For A Woman To Give A Man Money To Pay Her Bride Price? by eleojo23: 8:38am On Jul 05, 2016
Paying her dowry is the first sign of responsibility. It shows that he is man enough to take care of her even if she has a lot of money. If she pays her own dowry, then she's the man.

We know that life is not easy but he should work hard to at least pay her dowry.

The woman can assist him later with other things.

6 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong For A Woman To Give A Man Money To Pay Her Bride Price? by Exponental(m): 8:49am On Jul 05, 2016
Very⁴ WRONG! He should rather borrow from another person without disclosing the dowry part. It's honorary to the man to pay.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong For A Woman To Give A Man Money To Pay Her Bride Price? by Mafio: 4:04pm On Jul 05, 2016
No Where I come from they tell u it has a spiritual backing. It the man responsibility.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong For A Woman To Give A Man Money To Pay Her Bride Price? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 05, 2016
BeastAmbition:
But what i'm afraid of, is that sometimes woman are like a river. You may cross over it in the morning when it is dried and the same river would drown you in the evening when it over-flows its bank. She may later becomes the dictator of the house and the head of the family and she may wants to controls the man, this is my opinion.

Feel free to add yours

lalasticlala
You have the most perfect answer to ur question already bro. So which other opinion do you need

3 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong For A Woman To Give A Man Money To Pay Her Bride Price? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 05, 2016
Re: Is There Anything Wrong For A Woman To Give A Man Money To Pay Her Bride Price? by eleojo23: 5:43pm On Jul 05, 2016
RadicallyBlunt:

You have the most perfect answer to ur question already bro. So which other opinion do you need
A counter opinion grin
Re: Is There Anything Wrong For A Woman To Give A Man Money To Pay Her Bride Price? by njiasi30(f): 7:04pm On Jul 05, 2016
My place it's nt right, it's a bad omen undecided u will automatically bc her slave grin grin cheesy
Re: Is There Anything Wrong For A Woman To Give A Man Money To Pay Her Bride Price? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jul 05, 2016
The woman is placing a curse on her new marriage..
It never ends well...

They can go for registry.. Then when he has Money after some years in marriage, then good he can pay her dowry with his hard earned money.. Anything short of that is not good on the long run.
.God forbid, he might even insult her one fateful day, that she paid her own dowry with her own money, can't she see how worthless she is? Men say all sorts when they are angry with spouse. Only a wise man tame his tongue when provoked.. And only a wise woman also tame hers too in heated arguments
And such man will never be the head of his home.. No. Matter how hard and refrequent he reminds her : but am the head of this house o..!

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong For A Woman To Give A Man Money To Pay Her Bride Price? by RZArecta(m): 11:29pm On Jul 05, 2016
I know this situation is becoming increasingly rampant nowadays BUT make sure as a man you settle that bill yourself even if you have to get help from YOUR OWN family members. Abeg to avoid stories that touch later on
Re: Is There Anything Wrong For A Woman To Give A Man Money To Pay Her Bride Price? by Noloss(f): 11:32pm On Jul 05, 2016
Everything is wrong! He wont no ur what.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong For A Woman To Give A Man Money To Pay Her Bride Price? by Artistree: 10:52am On Jul 06, 2016
Noloss:
Everything is wrong! He wont no ur what.
I'm sure you meant to type "He won't know your worth"
Re: Is There Anything Wrong For A Woman To Give A Man Money To Pay Her Bride Price? by Noloss(f): 11:28am On Jul 06, 2016
Lol thank dear thats exactly. What i meant.
Artistree:

I'm sure you meant to type "He won't know your worth"
Re: Is There Anything Wrong For A Woman To Give A Man Money To Pay Her Bride Price? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 06, 2016
No, its just sooooo wrong..... He just failed in carrying out his first responsibility, let him stay away from marriage till he's ready biko
Re: Is There Anything Wrong For A Woman To Give A Man Money To Pay Her Bride Price? by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jul 06, 2016
I think she owns the man if she pays 'his' dowry. sad sad
Re: Is There Anything Wrong For A Woman To Give A Man Money To Pay Her Bride Price? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 06, 2016
LynnPetra:
I think she owns the man if she pays 'his' dowry. sad sad
choi!! welcome. you chop ban abi na holiday you go?

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong For A Woman To Give A Man Money To Pay Her Bride Price? by Ishilove: 11:24pm On Jul 06, 2016
I don't know why people keep mistaking bride price for dowry. Women bring in dowry, men pay bride price.

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is There Anything Wrong For A Woman To Give A Man Money To Pay Her Bride Price? by Ishilove: 11:30pm On Jul 06, 2016
Dowry is different from bride price but people mistake one for the other, so much so that it is almost overshadowing the correct term.

For example, a woman's dowry are her mother's sewing machine, cooking pots and culinary, curtains, cloth, glass ware etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Wrong For A Woman To Give A Man Money To Pay Her Bride Price? by Ishilove: 11:37pm On Jul 06, 2016
To the topic, it is very wrong for a woman to give her man money pay her own bride price. By extension it means she is marrying herself by paying the man to marry her. That woman will eventually 'own' that marriage.

Even if the man is a poor as a rat, that bride price has to come from his own pocket because he is marrying the woman, not vice versa. If he can't afford it then he should wait until he can.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Wrong For A Woman To Give A Man Money To Pay Her Bride Price? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jul 06, 2016
Ishilove:
I don't know why people keep mistaking bride price for dowry. Women bring in dowry, men pay bride price.

The word is relative, it goes both ways. It's can literally mean what the wife brings in or what the husband pays to the bride family

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Wrong For A Woman To Give A Man Money To Pay Her Bride Price? by raumdeuter: 12:58am On Jul 07, 2016
So gender equality advocates no see anything wrong in a man paying for a woman?
Re: Is There Anything Wrong For A Woman To Give A Man Money To Pay Her Bride Price? by KanwuliaExtra: 3:20am On Jul 07, 2016
Nothing wrong at all o.
Go and ask MERCY JOHNSON-OKOJIE! undecided
How many men can AFFORD to pay dowry in this day and age?
No pay na.
Anoda woman go PAY DOUBLE.

You will get a free SPERM BANK to born all your children, then WAKA left am for im old age if he does NOT measure up.

A smart woman makes investments.
A FOOLISH WOMAN FALLS IN LOVE.
Simple! cool

3 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong For A Woman To Give A Man Money To Pay Her Bride Price? by crackhaus: 11:54am On Jul 07, 2016
raumdeuter:
So gender equality advocates no see anything wrong in a man paying for a woman?
The alternative where a woman will be the one paying for a man does not sound good to them, is why.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Suggestions? If An Unmarried Lady Wants Her Own Baby, But Can’t Find A Husband? / Narrate Your Beautiful Children Day Experience When You Were A Child. / Can U Fart In The Presence Of Your Boyfriend, Spouse, Husband Or Girlfriend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.