Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,360 members, 7,819,293 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:49 PM

Am Against The Lagos State Hawking Ban.............. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Am Against The Lagos State Hawking Ban.............. (3708 Views)

Whistleblower Narrates What Transpired In The Lagos Apartment Where EFCC Seized / 5 Things That Could Happen If The Lagos Hawking Ban Is Enforced / Ban On Hawking: Traders Arrested In Lagos (Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Against The Lagos State Hawking Ban.............. by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:09am On Jul 06, 2016
I know most people will open this thread primarily to see me condemn the Lagos state government on the partial or total ban on certain parts of Lagos state, sorry to disappoint you.
As a Lagosian by virtue of birth place, I feel honoured and happy that my Governor , Ambode has taken this painful but necessary step.
Without birth pains there won't be joy of motherhood.
Governance is not about sentiment or charity, but about putting the right structures in place for an organized society.
Most kids are being forced against their will to hawk this wares, most people have become poisoned due to eating and taking fake, expired and adulterated stuffs bought on the streets without any means of tracking the particular hawker,
We have bought a lot of this substandard products once in a while without option of returning it.
The Government of Lagos state has taken a bold step, may the Almighty God grant them the wisdom and strength to execute it judiciously without looking back.

As they also look into this case I also implore the Able Governor to speedily look into the cases of OMONILES to avoid tarnishing his image.

God bless Gov Ambode
God bless Lagos state
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria

Happy Eid-el-Fitr to my peeps

Cc seun lalasticlala mynd44
And my usual accomplices in qualitative reasoning
Passingshot omenka Modath beremx jusmudi tuale4u dabullIT hopeathand abagworo fedorahat tonyebarcanista truesenator firefire LRNZH and all other thinktanks
Re: Am Against The Lagos State Hawking Ban.............. by niyot124: 8:20am On Jul 06, 2016
Lol, I am not in support of the law banning hawking and stuffs. But with the way you said 'I am against Lagos state hawking ban', i just had to ask...

Who you be ? grin grin grin

Sorry but no offense cheesy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Against The Lagos State Hawking Ban.............. by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:28am On Jul 06, 2016
niyot124:
Lol, I am not in support of the law banning hawking and stuffs. But with the way you said 'I am against Lagos state hawking ban', i just had to ask...

Who you be ? grin grin grin

undecided

Am a proud lagosian supporting my governments decision on an online forum.
Letting people know the cons about untegisterd Hawking and why any structured society should kick against it

As for the title it is a structured oxymoron
Re: Am Against The Lagos State Hawking Ban.............. by niyot124: 8:30am On Jul 06, 2016
Proudlyngwa:
undecided

Am a proud lagosian supporting my governments decision on an online forum.
Letting people know the cons about untegisterd Hawking and why any structured society should kick against it

As for the title it is a structured oxymoron

Ok

To say the truth,i didn't bother reading the thread only the topic got me.

I get it now. So you are in support of the ban? Noted
Re: Am Against The Lagos State Hawking Ban.............. by Juxtified(m): 8:33am On Jul 06, 2016
niyot124:
Who you be ?

Lol.
He's a Nigerian, so he has the right to speak for or against any government he has helped vote into power.

I for one am not against the ban, though. I feel with the rate of development in Lagos, the ban is kind of due. Remember when motorcycles were banned, everyone raised dust but today many major cities are better off for it. Of course they were replaced with taxis and tricycles which are safer and more dignified.

People don't have to buy gala or water in traffic hold ups in order to survive. If you know you're likely to be trapped in a hold up on your way, why not buy whatever you want to at the park before boarding your vehicle? Its also less stressful.

And consider the number of hawkers that have been crushed by vehicles, or had injuries while chasing speeding cars...

Not to talk of the fact that hawkers themselves are a minor cause of hold ups
Re: Am Against The Lagos State Hawking Ban.............. by Horus(m): 8:42am On Jul 06, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixk5eTGTrDs

[size=15pt]Lagos authorities ban Hawking in traffic[/size]
Re: Am Against The Lagos State Hawking Ban.............. by modath(f): 8:47am On Jul 06, 2016
My man, you gat me good!!! cheesy cheesy ... I saw the thread and went..

With fiyah, planning to carpet you but you took the wind out of my sail..... grin

However, i have to state that i only oppose street hawking on major highways.... We are not ripe enough for a complete break ...... & the Ewa Agoin and Agege bread hawkers in side streets should be left alone ooo tongue

1 Like

Re: Am Against The Lagos State Hawking Ban.............. by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:52am On Jul 06, 2016
modath:

My man, you gat me good!!! cheesy cheesy ... I saw the thread and went;

[img] http://.net/1065[/img]

With fiyah, planning to carpet you but you took the wind out of my sail..... grin

However, i have to state that i only oppose street hawking on major highways.... We are not ripe enough for a complete break ...... & the Ewa Agoin and Agege bread hawkers in side streets should be left alone ooo tongue

Why not we do it this way.
All ewa agoyin and agege bread sellers have mobile phones for home delivery system, should be registerd for regulation due to food poisoning ,should be leviable for state development, at least we need to start somewhere.
Re: Am Against The Lagos State Hawking Ban.............. by niyot124: 8:52am On Jul 06, 2016
Juxtified:

Lol.
He's a Nigerian, so he has the right to speak for or against any government he has helped vote into power.

I for one am not against the ban, though. I feel with the rate of development in Lagos, the ban is kind of due. Remember when motorcycles were banned, everyone raised dust but today many major cities are better off for it. Of course they were replaced with taxis and tricycles which are safer and more dignified.

People don't have to buy gala or water in traffic hold ups in order to survive. If you know you're likely to be trapped in a hold up on your way, why not buy whatever you want to at the park before boarding your vehicle? Its also less stressful.

And consider the number of hawkers that have been crushed by vehicles, or had injuries while chasing speeding cars...

You are right but I think plans should have been made on how to get these hawkers suitable replacements before now.

Also there ought to have be prior notice,if the government wasn't going to make alternative plans for them, before the immediate enforcement of the said law.

It came too soon and sudden ,like a thief in the night.
Re: Am Against The Lagos State Hawking Ban.............. by niyot124: 8:52am On Jul 06, 2016
Juxtified:

Lol.

You are right but I think plans should have been made on how to get these hawkers suitable replacements before now.

Also there ought to have be prior notice,if the government wasn't going to make alternative plans for them, before the immediate enforcement of the said law.

It came too soon and suddenly ,like a thief in the night.
Re: Am Against The Lagos State Hawking Ban.............. by Proudlyngwa(m): 8:54am On Jul 06, 2016
modath:

My man, you gat me good!!! cheesy cheesy ... I saw the thread and went;

[img] http://.net/1065[/img]

What or who is fiyah,
Planning to carpet me
Re: Am Against The Lagos State Hawking Ban.............. by madenigga(m): 8:56am On Jul 06, 2016
u wont mind ur business and focus on ur Ngwa and Abia u re putting ur nose into another mans business, tomorrow if they call u people gala sellers una go dae vex.
Re: Am Against The Lagos State Hawking Ban.............. by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:00am On Jul 06, 2016
niyot124:

You make plans for legal things,
Is Hawking on highway legalised

2 Likes

Re: Am Against The Lagos State Hawking Ban.............. by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:02am On Jul 06, 2016
madenigga:
u wont mind ur business and focus on ur Ngwa and Abia u re putting ur nose into another mans business, tomorrow if they call u people gala sellers una go dae vex.
Am made to understand you have a problem with reading and a bigger problem with understanding.
Re: Am Against The Lagos State Hawking Ban.............. by lekkie073(m): 9:06am On Jul 06, 2016
most ppl u see hawking are not forced...rather they abscond from their homes in different states in Nigeria for a better unknown life in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Am Against The Lagos State Hawking Ban.............. by modath(f): 9:24am On Jul 06, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

What or who is fiyah,
Planning to carpet me

Yes carpet you cos i hought you were anti street hawking ban and came at you with a fire breathing animated gif... the yeye thing nor gree post.. smiley

The move is extreme only cos of economic reality but the gospel truth is that lagos is too crowded, so many people have no business in that city.

2 Likes

Re: Am Against The Lagos State Hawking Ban.............. by Juxtified(m): 9:43am On Jul 06, 2016
niyot124:

There wasn't enough sensitisation campaign before the ban sha, true. I guess Ambode wasn't ready for all the politics that comes with waiting for a public consensus on street trading ban

1 Like

Re: Am Against The Lagos State Hawking Ban.............. by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:43am On Jul 06, 2016
modath:

Yes carpet you cos i hought you were anti street hawking ban and came at you with a fire breathing animated gif... the yeye thing nor gree post.. smiley

The move is extreme only cos of economic reality but the gospel truth is that lagos is too crowded, so many people have no business in that city.

Nigeria is in its pupa stage we will either come out metaphorsised as wasps moths or butterflies, the decision we take now will determine our outcome,
Kudos to governor Ambode and President Buhari for remaining dogged in the face of many adversities.
But I still expect very much more hardcore decisions from them.

I believe the fiyah means for you
Re: Am Against The Lagos State Hawking Ban.............. by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:47am On Jul 06, 2016
Juxtified:

There wasn't enough sensitisation campaign before the ban sha, true. I guess Ambode wasn't ready for all the politics that comes with waiting for a public consensus on street trading ban

In as much as I agree that there should have been a timeline, that is not a requirement.
Do you give a timeframe to a defaulter of a traffic offence to arrest him.
Will they try this in Switzerland
Re: Am Against The Lagos State Hawking Ban.............. by jmoore(m): 10:08am On Jul 06, 2016
am

am

am

Nna, 'am' dey too much na. Use 'I'm' or 'I am'.
Re: Am Against The Lagos State Hawking Ban.............. by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:10am On Jul 06, 2016
jmoore:
am

am

am

Nna, 'am' dey too much na. Use 'I'm' or 'I am'.
Noted Thanks
Am grammatically lazy by nature
Re: Am Against The Lagos State Hawking Ban.............. by Juxtified(m): 10:16am On Jul 06, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

In as much as I agree that there should have been a timeline, that is not a requirement.
Do you give a timeframe to a defaulter of a traffic offence to arrest him.
Will they try this in Switzerland
Although they said the law against traffic hawking has been in existence for long, for the sake o fairness there still should have been some prior few months of warnings.
Re: Am Against The Lagos State Hawking Ban.............. by HopeAtHand: 10:21am On Jul 06, 2016
@proudlyngwa.

Governance is about doing what is right, especially for the greater good of all. It doesn't matter if a policy or law isn't popular with a particular section of the society.

Running in traffic when cars are on the move, selling of fake/expired/sub-standard goods, promoting child labor, constituting public eyesore and also acting as cover for daylight robbery are the many ills of street hawking/trading.

It must not be in traffic, wherever those traders display their goods, customers will come calling.
Re: Am Against The Lagos State Hawking Ban.............. by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:23am On Jul 06, 2016
Juxtified:

Although they said the law against traffic hawking has been in existence for long, for the sake o fairness there still should have been some prior few months of warnings.

I agree with you for fairness sake
That is not a requirement though

1 Like

Re: Am Against The Lagos State Hawking Ban.............. by Proudlyngwa(m): 10:25am On Jul 06, 2016
HopeAtHand:
@proudlyngwa.

Governance is about doing what is right, especially for the greater good of all. It doesn't matter if a policy or law isn't popular with a particular section of the society.

Running in traffic when cars are on the move, selling of fake/expired/sub-standard goods, promoting child labor, constituting public eyesore and also acting as cover for daylight robbery are the many ills of street hawking/trading.

It must not be in traffic, wherever those traders display their goods, customers will come calling.

I hope we can push for that in my state of residence,
The taste of expired gala is still in my mouth.
Re: Am Against The Lagos State Hawking Ban.............. by HopeAtHand: 10:55am On Jul 06, 2016
Proudlyngwa:

I hope we can push for that in my state of residence,
The taste of expired gala is still in my mouth.

RVSG is on it now, though the motive is not for cleaner and safer environment but to drive up the IGR of the state.

Any case, it is a welcome development.
Re: Am Against The Lagos State Hawking Ban.............. by Proudlyngwa(m): 11:04am On Jul 06, 2016
HopeAtHand:

RVSG is on it now, though the motive is not for cleaner and safer environment but to drive up the IGR of the state.

Any case, it is a welcome development.

Actually would have loved to see a saner and cleaner rivers state , I support an adequate taxing system, but for now in rivers state the taxation system is lopsided
Re: Am Against The Lagos State Hawking Ban.............. by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jul 07, 2016
You are wise and excellently reasonable in helping to build your nation appropriately cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy...... We support your angle of reasoning....if only the governor's aids see your post. These days the media aids seem to look at the wrong things that will end up distracting the governor lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed......but with our prayers and support....I'm sure they will key into this wise reasoning. wink wink wink wink wink wink wink

Proudlyngwa:
I know most people will open this thread primarily to see me condemn the Lagos state government on the partial or total ban on certain parts of Lagos state, sorry to disappoint you.
As a Lagosian by virtue of birth place, I feel honoured and happy that my Governor , Ambode has taken this painful but necessary step.
Without birth pains there won't be joy of motherhood.
Governance is not about sentiment or charity, but about putting the right structures in place for an organized society.
Most kids are being forced against their will to hawk this wares, most people have become poisoned due to eating and taking fake, expired and adulterated stuffs bought on the streets without any means of tracking the particular hawker,
We have bought a lot of this substandard products once in a while without option of returning it.
The Government of Lagos state has taken a bold step, may the Almighty God grant them the wisdom and strength to execute it judiciously without looking back.

As they also look into this case I also implore the Able Governor to speedily look into the cases of OMONILES to avoid tarnishing his image.

God bless Gov Ambode
God bless Lagos state
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria

Happy Eid-el-Fitr to my peeps

Cc seun lalasticlala mynd44
And my usual accomplices in qualitative reasoning
Passingshot omenka Modath beremx jusmudi tuale4u dabullIT hopeathand abagworo fedorahat tonyebarcanista truesenator firefire LRNZH and all other thinktanks

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan And The Rented Crowd In Sokoto / Meet The Youngest Politician In Nigeria, His Age Will Shock And You / I Issued Buharis Waec Certificate -- 86 Year Old Alex Ajayi. Ekitis 1st Graduate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.