Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,496 members, 7,826,871 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along (7356 Views)

Confused Driver Takes Passengers On A Road Trip Around Lagos (Photos) / Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State / I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along by theodorahc: 7:55pm On Oct 12, 2016
Can you guys form a whatsapp group or something ?
Re: Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along by elderken(m): 11:19am On Oct 16, 2016
Hat date is this trip taking place?
Re: Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along by mrsage(m): 12:43pm On Oct 16, 2016
Hello.

Due to some personal issues I've not been able to embark on the trip.

However, I'm still interested and the trip will take place soon.

If you are interested kindly provide your whatsapp number so we can form a travel group.

My number
Re: Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along by Rocorleone: 5:05pm On Oct 30, 2016
Is the trip by next month? Cus I'm interested
Re: Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along by chnovpaul(m): 1:23am On Jan 02, 2017
Jb10:
Hi guys...if anyone wanna visit Sierra Leone west Africa. ....just hit me up @0023299195017...i will be he/she tour guide. ..if you wanna no anything more jst ask me. .have a blessed day. ..

I am interested. I have a lot of questions though. Are you presently in Sierra Leone?
Re: Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along by chnovpaul(m): 1:27am On Jan 02, 2017
merahki:

Guilty! @ female, lol
...thank you for all that
I have considered being a writer....in fact, it is my fantasy work...I write in my head, all the time cheesy

I have been meaning to write all my life, and design clothes, and sell coffee, all true
But I became a medico instead....talk about a total aboutface on a dream career
I bet you can imagine my ?nostalgia, and the very real pangs of envy and respect I feel towards Mz Adichie...she stole my dream life lipsrsealed
Like a boss cool

In all fairness, I am somewhat (certainly) very lazy and I love to lounge
But, I resolve to sit up more a bit now....thanks to you, and a few others who believe I can write....maybe I can....maybe I will
kiss
You can write really good, I loved reading your eurotrip thread

Oh! Really? The part that got me was the "medico" aspect. Nice to know that someone thinks the same way I do.

I am presently working towards a backpacking trip across West Africa, hopefully in February or March this year. I have been gathering as much information as possible. I like travelling solo, but wouldn't mind going with a few interested and adventurous persons.

I have been reading that a few people here want to do some countries in W. Africa. Have they gone, or are there other people interested in going?

1 Like

Re: Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along by Ugosample(m): 2:09am On Jan 02, 2017
chnovpaul:

Oh! Really? The part that got me was the "medico" aspect. Nice to know that someone thinks the same way I do.

I am presently working towards a backpacking trip across West Africa, hopefully in February or March this year. I have been gathering as much information as possible. I like travelling solo, but wouldn't mind going with a few interested and adventurous persons.

I have been reading that a few people here want to do some countries in W. Africa. Have they gone, or are there other people interested in going?

This thread still dey? lol

Your comment resurrected it..
That said, as one who has done backpacking myself, i strongly advice you do same as the experience leaves an indelible Mark.

However you need to know some things

1) Naira is in a very bad state right now.
Like Naira has been seriously beaten so bear that in mind.

2)Learn some French phrases, as it will help you navigate easily. Contrary to what you may have heard, many francophone DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH.

3) The ATM csrds no dey work again, so you have to carry cash that will take you to and fro

4) Using your passport may cost a lil more, but I'll advise that .

5) Make sure you treat yourself of any illnesses before travelling. Falling sick on the move is a disaster o (Like I did in Cape Coast cheesy)

6) The less things you carry while backpacking the better for you

7)West African borders and bribes are 5 and 6, so get ready for that..

If you need advice just ask...
I will answer in due time

2 Likes

Re: Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along by chnovpaul(m): 12:04pm On Jan 02, 2017
Ugosample:

This thread still dey? lol

Your comment resurrected it..
That said, as one who has done backpacking myself, i strongly advice you do same as the experience leaves an indelible Mark.

However you need to know some things

1) Naira is in a very bad state right now.
Like Naira has been seriously beaten so bear that in mind.

2)Learn some French phrases, as it will help you navigate easily. Contrary to what you may have heard, many francophone DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH.

3) The ATM csrds no dey work again, so you have to carry cash that will take you to and fro

4) Using your passport may cost a lil more, but I'll advise that .

5) Make sure you treat yourself of any illnesses before travelling. Falling sick on the move is a disaster o (Like I did in Cape Coast cheesy)

6) The less things you carry while backpacking the better for you

7)West African borders and bribes are 5 and 6, so get ready for that..

If you need advice just ask...
I will answer in due time

Thanks so much for the advice. And to think I was already depending on using the ATM...but how about Ecobank ATM? Doesn't it work anymore outside Nigeria? I feel it won't be a good idea to carry a lot of money while travelling through unknown areas.

I agree with the fact that a backpacking trip leaves an indelible mark on one's life forever. It is a life-changing experience.

As for French, I shouldn't have much problem with that. I already have the B1 for DELF, so I can use the language up to a reasonable extent, the more reason why I chose this side of Africa.

The state of the Naira? Urrrgggghhhh! It's depressing.

I hope not to fall sick. But if I do, I should be able to do something about that. That's what I do for a living.

I intend using my passport though. It's just the stress of border crossings that bother me a bit, but no big deal. It's all part of the adventure.

The major areas where I need help are the routes - like the best routes. I intend going from Lagos through to Benin, Togo, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Senegal, Gambia, and Cape Verde. Others say the best route is from Ivory Coast up to Burkina Fasso, Mali, then Senegal. But that will mean cutting off Guinea and Guinea Bissau. I prefer the coastal route though, just that I'm not sure of the feasibility of that route. What do you think?

In terms of budget, and from your own backpacking experience, how much do you think will make sense, putting into consideration the self-deprecating state of the Naira? I intend to spend 4-5 weeks doing this.

I look forward to your much-needed counsel.

Thanks bro.

5 Likes

Re: Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jan 07, 2017
chnovpaul:

Hi...this place offers a better planning guide I guess
I wanna do the trip too, planned to go in October, but some other thing turned up
I initially thought I might wanna do that this first quarter, but cos of Feb 14 and Easter, the routes won't be so free , and may be relatively expensive then.....so on a rethink, decided on the second quarter of the year....

I don't have a route planned out, but know I want a four to six/eight week trip, Sierra Leone is a must, maybe Liberia, Gambia too (I do not speak French)...I have to study the map tomorrow....but since I am soaking up the ways of life, these countries provide languages I am familiar with (English, West African Pidgin)- making things easier.....Benin, Togo are givens, since they are starting pointsi for a road trip....maybe Ghana too....the Guineas? There is something about their names even as I suspect that lipsrsealed cheesy ( so many buzz kills, eg language barriers)

Well, I know the trip will happen...just have to lay out a plan...
..and, I plan on a solo travel too ( makes more sense for self- discovery I guess)
Happy New Year to you, and everyone!!!

1 Like

Re: Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along by Savagebanker: 3:05pm On Jul 01, 2018
Hello, anyone planning a trip soon?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Beware Of Armed Robbers New Technique / Traveling To Belize Any Advice? / 11 Ideas That Can Help You Avoid Traffic Congestion In Nigerian Cities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.