Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,083 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along (7337 Views)

Confused Driver Takes Passengers On A Road Trip Around Lagos (Photos) / Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State / I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along by wanderlustian(f): 8:10pm On Jul 24, 2016
mrsage:

Interesting. Public transportation will be fine.

I will love to feature on your blog so I'll surely keep you posted.

Nice! Following the thread
Re: Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along by wanderlustian(f): 8:14pm On Jul 24, 2016
merahki:
Dear poster....may i ask how old you are? I already assume you are a guy
I ask cos I wanna do that trip...but for a longer time....?2/3 weeks....or a month even
...to be able to soak up the feel of those countries.....both city feel, and country (village) feel
I would like to go with people near my age, I jes dunno why tongue

I honestly cannot wait for later...when I will road travel throughout West Africa, for 6 weeks
Then at a later time, another 6weeks in East Africa....ditto for Southern Africa, and Central Africa
For each regional trip, would fly to the capital city of the most popular country (would be the cheapest capital ...cos of the popularity), get a base there, and start the road wandering...will return via said base too....

The easiest part would be the West African one, cos of our ECOWAS passport treaty
Still gonna work out how the other regions would work...then bam! Off I go
IMO, better than browsing shops in Dubai, London, New Jersey, Mumbai etc for tourism lipsrsealed

The biggest WOWtrip would be spending a straight 3 to 6 months on a road trip throughout most of Africa cool
I think this would be all kinds of awesome...meeting people, knowing the towns, getting lost, bonding, eating, slumming, partying, beaching, foresting, everything...drooling now
Still working out how to make this happen

Cheers OP
I like your thread
and @wanderlustian, if you are the person with that Europe travel thread, you rock cool

Sounds exciting! Will be nice if you join the op's team. The more the merrier. Also its more secure to travel in teams. Please always have your passport or id card when you travel.

Yes, it is I.

I've been to Ethiopia, Rwanda and Kenya but all for business. Didn't get to explore but my hubby did. It gets cold out there from DEC to March.

Leggo! All roads lead to october!

1 Like

Re: Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along by wanderlustian(f): 8:23pm On Jul 24, 2016
3Div:
Inspired by you to try back packing through Canada. Perhaps you could take a suggest routes/spots ?.
Thanks

I got no idea bout Canada. When I hear Canada all I see in my mind eye is snow and icy mountains.

2 Likes

Re: Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along by 3Div: 9:35pm On Jul 24, 2016
mrsage:

Last week in October
Estimated budget ?
Re: Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along by 3Div: 10:38pm On Jul 24, 2016
wanderlustian:

I got no idea bout Canada. When I hear Canada all I see in my mind eye is snow and icy mountains.

Haha. I'm going to try a route. Would share with you for professional advice
Re: Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jul 24, 2016
wanderlustian:

I know this feeling cheesy
Nothing about Canada makes me lust after it
Not the low crime rate, not the extra clean environment, not the high living standard.. nothing
I know there is the Niagara which would be a piece o sheer beauty/joy....but the way I imagine Celsuis drops for Canada strips my mind of any desire to go to Canada

Then the vastness of the land and the relative sparseness of the population makes me feel agoraphobic
I seriously don't know what would make me traipse about/around Canada
Brrrr
(I say this, from a strictly tourist perspective...not knocking peoples' hustle at all)
Re: Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along by wanderlustian(f): 7:52am On Jul 25, 2016
merahki:

I know this feeling cheesy
Nothing about Canada makes me lust after it
Not the low crime rate, not the extra clean environment, not the high living standard.. nothing
I know there is the Niagaran which would be a piece o sheer beauty/joy....but the way I imagine Celsuis drops for Canada strips my mind of any desire to go to Canada

Then the vastness of the land and the relative sparseness of the population makes me feel agoraphobic
I seriously don't know what would make me traipse about/around Canada
Brrrr
(I say this, from a strictly tourist perspective...not knocking peoples' hustle at all)

You do have a way with words. Your description has suddenly made me consider Canada cheesy wink

2 Likes

Re: Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jul 25, 2016
wanderlustian:

You do have a way with words. Your description has suddenly made me consider Canada cheesy wink

Me too kinda shocked
I actually read it thru your eyes and I see I made the country "sound" somewhat mysterious....like unexplored frontier with natural beauty and development...
Not my intention lipsrsealed cheesy

The cold and the low people to land ratio are turn offs
But, I am suddenly appreciative of Canada's natural beauty and "exotic-ness"
And it is your fault!!!
Lol

1 Like

Re: Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jul 25, 2016
mrsage:

You welcome sir. I'm male. Young. In my very early thirties and I love adventure.

Do I sound male? Have been deemed so before too cheesy angry
I am older than you....and I love adventure...well, I love to love adventure is more honest to say...but I am making it part of my life....so yeah....we looove it

The tempting possibility of a passionate romance during travels is real to me...and I know that surely with a very young early 30ish guy ...the hankering would be hampered-zilch cheesy (with absolutely no disrespect meant) ....

But seriously, I will consider the travel
It sounds like fun already
I jes have to have returned from another one before your take off
If not, till the next time
Cheers

(This post while being a true reflection of my thoughts/fantasies, is not a soliciting one at all...not that anyone cares sha, lol!)

1 Like

Re: Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along by oshofree400(m): 11:17am On Jul 26, 2016
i would have love to go on such trip but i will need to know all its extimated cost of travel so to better understand my mode of preparation ....

thanks and awaits your swift response.

1 Like

Re: Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along by wanderlustian(f): 11:13pm On Jul 26, 2016
merahki:

Do I sound male? Have been deemed so before too cheesy angry
I am older than you....and I love adventure...well, I love to love adventure is more honest to say...but I am making it part of my life....so yeah....we looove it

The tempting possibility of a passionate romance during travels is real to me...and I know that surely with a very young 30ish guy...the hankering would be hampered-zilch cheesy (with absolutely no disrespect meant) ....

But seriously, I will consider the travel
It sounds like fun already
I jes have to have returned from another one before your take off
If not, till the next time
Cheers

(This post while being a true reflection of my thoughts/fantasies, is not a soliciting one at all...not that anyone cares sha, lol!)

You are female? I could swear you were male! You really have a way with words. Have you considered writing or theatre?
Re: Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 28, 2016
wanderlustian:

You are female? I could swear you were male! You really have a way with words. Have you considered writing or theatre?

Guilty! @ female, lol
...thank you for all that
I have considered being a writer....in fact, it is my fantasy work...I write in my head, all the time cheesy

I have been meaning to write all my life, and design clothes, and sell coffee, all true
But I became a medico instead....talk about a total aboutface on a dream career
I bet you can imagine my ?nostalgia, and the very real pangs of envy and respect I feel towards Mz Adichie...she stole my dream life lipsrsealed
Like a boss cool

In all fairness, I am somewhat (certainly) very lazy and I love to lounge
But, I resolve to sit up more a bit now....thanks to you, and a few others who believe I can write....maybe I can....maybe I will
kiss
You can write really good, I loved reading your eurotrip thread

1 Like

Re: Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along by Ariees(f): 1:23pm On Jul 28, 2016
wanderlustian:

wanderlustian:

I like you. Also female. i always wanted to write, I like to think I'm very good at it but I ended up sewing clothes instead. Although i like that too

1 Like

Re: Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along by 3Div: 9:14pm On Jul 28, 2016
Ariees:
I like you. Also female. i always wanted to write, I like to think I'm very good at it but I ended up sewing clothes instead. Although i like that too

I like you. Male. I always wanted to learn how to write. I know I'm not good at it but I didn't and I ended up auditing.. I don't like it as much.
Maybe I'll learn, maybe I wouldn't... I don't know. smiley

1 Like

Re: Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along by Nobody: 1:18am On Jul 30, 2016
I'm in, guys..... I've been to a lot of choice destinations and adventures in my head. This presents me the opportunity to relieve the experience live. I'm in my mid twenties, though, but I'm fun...

1 Like

Re: Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along by nanajec(m): 4:25am On Jul 30, 2016
wanderlustian:
I've done this stretch before but stopped in Togo.
Are you driving or taking public transport

I did this in 2009 with my 4 brothers. Took bus to Mile 2, then a car to seme border. You will pass the Nigerian border on foot. Sometimes, the police or immigration officer may ask for proof of I'd. Please take your passport or any id card. You can change money at the se.e border. You may decide to get your passport stamped or not. You will then take a bike to Benin Republic. One of my brothers was delayed cos of no id card. We paid 200 naira then to release him.
We then took another car to le grande marche where dey sell okrika clothes then went to a cheap dingy hotel to sleep. We continued by road to togo which was less stressful than the Nigerian leg of the journey.

Best of luck dude. If you like I can give you a few pages off my blog to chronicle your journey

Well if it isn't the wandering Wanderlustian (pun intended )
So living up to your name. ...You should have added the ever peaceful Ghana country to it...
Anyway I'm still planning my upcoming Euro tour .I'll come to you for strong tips
Re: Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along by summerflame(m): 10:38am On Jul 31, 2016
I am in.. whatsapp me on 08127262960
Re: Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along by TeddyPendergrass(m): 1:19pm On Jul 31, 2016
guys I been watching this tread for a minute now and finally feel I should participate in this imminent "class adventure" or "impending disaster of an adventure" which either way will be exciting if you're me.

I love travelling by road. one time I road tripped through Ireland and took the ferry to Liverpool and hired a car and road tripped through England. Then I took a schengen and traveled through Europe by car. got arrested sometimes, slept in hostels with total strangers, made amazing friends, went to the craziest night life districts, jumped from bridges, the whole shebang.

I slept in a Turkish cell haha

anyways I have never really been to any other african country besides Niger and Chad so I would really love to be part of this if it's going to happen.

no one really mentioned how old they are but am 25. I dont mind how old the team will be as long as we're all legal. don't wanna go back to jail haha and as long as we can all hang and just enjoy the adventure.

October sounds like a good time I will be off work then anyways so we'll see how this works out.

all in!!

2 Likes

Re: Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along by tope24(m): 4:46pm On Aug 10, 2016
the farthest i have done so far is Togo. That was last year April. I went straight from Lagos to Cotonou, passed the night there with a friend and then headed for Lome the next day. I must say that the border between Benin Republic and Togo is well organised and smooth. Road is also good. at a point we had to follow a bad portion due to the road construction at a particular location (no sign post so i couldn't get a name). I stayed around Kpalime, Total avenou (don't know if i got it right). Coming back was smooth as i took a cab from Lome to Seme border. I paid 6k CFA and settled border with 600 CFA. took a bike to cross the border for #300.

I am planning on doing Cotonou, Lome and Accra soon. Not sure of the time but definitely very soon.

Road trips are wonderful.

2 Likes

Re: Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 10, 2016
Please help. GOD brought me to this post, I am very happy. Pls my brothers and sisters I need advice and guideline from you people. I went to relocate to Europe, Denmark precisely, so my travel agent advice me to disvirgin my Nigerian passport. So he advice me to travel from Nigeria to Benin Republic, Togo, and Ghana. So my question is, how much will it take me to embark on this journey, how many days will I spend, how much will I spend on each border to stamp my passport,how do I know real or fake stamp. Pls Nairalanders I need urgent reply. Today is 10th of August 2016,and am to start this journey by 12th of August 2016.thanks and God bless.
Re: Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along by 3Div: 11:07am On Sep 20, 2016
makapoda:
Please help. GOD brought me to this post, I am very happy. Pls my brothers and sisters I need advice and guideline from you people. I went to relocate to Europe, Denmark precisely, so my travel agent advice me to disvirgin my Nigerian passport. So he advice me to travel from Nigeria to Benin Republic, Togo, and Ghana. So my question is, how much will it take me to embark on this journey, how many days will I spend, how much will I spend on each border to stamp my passport,how do I know real or fake stamp. Pls Nairalanders I need urgent reply. Today is 10th of August 2016,and am to start this journey by 12th of August 2016.thanks and God bless.

How was your journey ?
Re: Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along by Jb10(m): 4:08pm On Sep 22, 2016
Hi guys...if anyone wanna visit Sierra Leone west Africa. ....just hit me up @0023299195017...i will be he/she tour guide. ..if you wanna no anything more jst ask me. .have a blessed day. ..
Re: Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along by tope24(m): 11:37am On Sep 23, 2016
merahki:
Dear poster....may i ask how old you are? I already assume you are a guy
I ask cos I wanna do that trip...but for a longer time....?2/3 weeks....or a month even
...to be able to soak up the feel of those countries.....both city feel, and country (village) feel
I would like to go with people near my age, I jes dunno why tongue

I honestly cannot wait for later...when I will road travel throughout West Africa, for 6 weeks
Then at a later time, another 6weeks in East Africa....ditto for Southern Africa, and Central Africa
For each regional trip, would fly to the capital city of the most popular country (would have the cheapest flight fare ...cos of the popularity), get a base there, and start the road wandering...will return via said base too....

The easiest part would be the West African one, cos of our ECOWAS passport treaty
Still gonna work out how the other regions would work...then bam! Off I go
IMO, better than browsing shops in Dubai, London, New Jersey, Mumbai etc for tourism lipsrsealed

The biggest WOWtrip would be spending a straight 3 to 6 months on a road trip throughout most of Africa cool
I think this would be all kinds of awesome...meeting people, knowing the towns, getting lost, bonding, eating, slumming, partying, beaching, foresting, everything...drooling now
Still working out how to make this happen

Cheers OP
I like your thread
and @wanderlustian, if you are the person with that Europe travel thread, you rock cool

Dude, just seeing this. I'm planning on something like this too. I don't know how soon but i will definitely do it. Who knows, we may do it together.

Thumbs up
Re: Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along by Nobody: 2:11am On Sep 24, 2016
tope24:

Dude, just seeing this. I'm planning on something like this too. I don't know how soon but i will definitely do it. Who knows, we may do it together.

Thumbs up

I am not a dude shaaa
...but I am glad you have a plan to experience Africa
Cheers
Re: Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along by Kreamchic: 10:54am On Oct 04, 2016
Wow!.
Road Trip Sounds fun
Re: Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along by Kreamchic: 10:56am On Oct 04, 2016
mrsage:

You welcome sir. I'm male. Young. In my very early thirties and I love adventure.

Wow!
Road Trip Sounds fun
Re: Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 04, 2016
wanderlustian:

lmao she would write like wole shoyinka,leaving one more confused than he was before he began reading.
Re: Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 04, 2016
I love this Idea ain't bad at all, October might not really be ideal,but a budget might brighten things up.
P.S all these passport disvirgining just doesn't sound right. Please say one hasn't travelled with the passport before,I know its a longer sentence but it sounds healthy and less suggestive.

1 Like

Re: Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along by Nobody: 2:12pm On Oct 12, 2016
Hey @ wanderlustian....I have been looking out for your posts on this section...nada
.....hope you have not let " life" sap out all your adventurousness smiley
Just realised that if you are an addicted Nlander, you probably have the main username that you go by here....in which case, I might be reading, and liking, (or even disliking cheesy) your posts without knowing they are yours. I somehow wish this was the case, and not you switching off from here! shocked angry shocked. We should all be Addicts cheesy( Adichie on my mind)

Saw a thread about Melbourne and thought of you....have you been Down Under? I have not, have my reasons lipsrsealed tongue but wont say before you turn my head with your travel sight cheesy
I just got back from a trip, and have been checking here to see if OP, or anyone is doing the October West Africa loving n rolling

About my WA travel? ...it's in the planning stage now, I cannot wait for the implementation stage, and the evaluation stage when I can look back on the trip and bask in the afterbuzz of it all...drooling now.
Okay, back from my dreams..cheers, give my regards to your baby, the mini wanderlustian ....and the husband who lets you wander off
Re: Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 12, 2016
@ OP and everyone on thread...hey...and howdy?
Has/is anyone been able to go/on the go/ still planning to go?
Updates please
I am like a junkie with / about this thread...and trip
You all don't wanna know how much/ often I check in here, even the Abidjan and Ghana and any WA thread here.....including the ones just asking for exchange rates lipsrsealed shocked lipsrsealed

During my recent travels I met a Liberian. I am sure he was wondering why I was sucking in all the info I could get out of him about his country. Oh my God he probably thought I was planning to marry him!!! Even after learning he was married!!! I really delved!!!
Oh for mortification! cheesy

(Musing to self)....well, nobody ever comes on here again....might even make it my travel diary...is this even legal on NL? Hijacking somebody's thread to type my rubbish? Especially when one cannot start their own thread, cos, well, because they dunno how to, and are too lazy to learn? cheesy
Okay, I will stop now
Re: Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along by Ugosample(m): 4:19pm On Oct 12, 2016
merahki:
@ OP and everyone on thread...hey...and howdy?
Has/is anyone been able to go/on the go/ still planning to go?
Updates please
I am like a junkie with / about this thread...and trip
You all don't wanna know how much/ often I check in here, even the Abidjan and Ghana and any WA thread here.....including the ones just asking for exchange rates lipsrsealed shocked lipsrsealed

During my recent travels I met a Liberian. I am sure he was wondering why I was sucking in all the info I could get out of him about his country. Oh my God he probably thought I was planning to marry him!!! Even after learning he was married!!! I really delved!!!
Oh for mortification! cheesy

(Musing to self)....well, nobody ever comes on here again....might even make it my travel diary...is this even legal on NL? Hijacking somebody's thread to type my rubbish? Especially when one cannot start their own thread, cos, well, because they dunno how to, and are too lazy to learn? cheesy
Okay, I will stop now

Maybe people are not too keen on travelling because of the pitiable state of the currency.
Re: Going on a Road Trip To Cotonou Togo &Ghana. U Can come along by Nobody: 4:46pm On Oct 12, 2016
Ugosample:

Maybe people are not too keen on travelling because of the pitiable state of the currency.

Someone read my musings (covers face cheesy)
I respect that...that is why I am in the planning stage still....waiting to be able to take off!!!
but, traipsing round WA I certainly will

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My South Africa Visa Application. / Traveling To Belize Any Advice? / NCAA Cautions Ethiopian Airlines On Deportation Charges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.