Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,563 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Whats The Essence Of Ramaddan? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Whats The Essence Of Ramaddan? (1047 Views)

Ihsaan - The Spiritual Essence Of Islam / Sanctity Of Masjid & Essence Of Human Existence. / Essence Of Hajj (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats The Essence Of Ramaddan? by noetic2: 7:54pm On Sep 08, 2009
can anyone tell me?
Re: Whats The Essence Of Ramaddan? by noetic2: 10:52am On Sep 09, 2009
in other words it is a fruitless and less meaningful exercise of no significance. . . . . .is that so?
Re: Whats The Essence Of Ramaddan? by olabowale(m): 1:36pm On Sep 09, 2009
It is not fruitless and it is not less meannful excercise. Your statement was leading me to believe that you are comparing it to something similar which you think is of greater value. If this is the case, could you tell us what is that thing excatly with a little backdrop?

Now to the topic; the essence of Ramadhan is in itself on the pages of the Quran. It is Primarily a command to "believers; Muslims" by Allah the God Lord Creator! In Surah Baqarah, Verses 183 through 188 give you that fasting is commanded on the presnt group of believers (Muslims of Muhammad (AS)), as it was commanded on previous groups of Muslims (Under each Messenger/Prophet; examples were the brands of Muslims under Moses, Jesus (AS)), so that they attain taqwa; Piety of Allah, Then ramadhan fasting month is mentioned by name to identified the unifying and compulsory fast period as prescribed, differently from the voluntary always solitary fast; Sunnah fasts; Mondays and Thursday of every week, the first three days of new moon and or the 3 days of the full moon, the days of the month of hajj, day of Arafat, a day before Ashura or after it, it the day of Ashura itself (in honor of Moses). There are still others.

Then the process of fasting when to begin and end it, daily and what to and what not to do during the fasting hours, and when to end the fasting month long, all of these, etc are stated very clearly. You can get ahadith to explain better. Get tafsir of the verses, too.
Re: Whats The Essence Of Ramaddan? by noetic2: 3:27pm On Sep 09, 2009
u have not told me the significance of rammadan? why should anyone observe ramadan?
Re: Whats The Essence Of Ramaddan? by Lagosboy: 5:51pm On Sep 09, 2009
Although i really dont reply to your posts bu ti think this is an important question.

Allah says in the quran 2 v 183 like Egbo olabs highlighted "Fasting has been prescribed unto you as it was prescribed to those before you in order for you to attain piety

The boldened is the objective of fasting. Why is it in the month of Ramdhan Allah goes furhter in following verses to say "Sharh ramadhan aledhi unzila fiy quran , . . . . " The month of ramdhan that we revealed the quran a guidance for mankind and a criterion "

We abstain from food and water in this month from dawn to dusk , increase our worship and try to improve our personal relationship with the most High and hope our piety and God conciousness will increase by the end of the month to last us for another 12 months when we have to recharge our batery.
Re: Whats The Essence Of Ramaddan? by olabowale(m): 7:31pm On Sep 09, 2009
My Imam is completely correct, in the type of complete correctness that a good belief brings to the heart. May Allah continue to give you Nur, yaa Imam Lagosboy. And age has nothing to do with knowledge.
Re: Whats The Essence Of Ramaddan? by Lagosboy: 11:30pm On Sep 09, 2009
Egbon Olabs Ameeen and a big jazakallah khair wa ramdhan kareem. May the Almight accept our siam, qiyam, rukuh , sujud and dua. Taqabballu minna wa minkum
Re: Whats The Essence Of Ramaddan? by Nobody: 7:08pm On Feb 16, 2010
@op.d essence is to fast&fight jihad just like mohammad did in d battle of Badr in d month of Ramadan
Re: Whats The Essence Of Ramaddan? by jamila10(f): 7:22am On Feb 17, 2010
toba:

@op.d essence is to fast&fight jihad just like mohammad did in d battle of Badr in d month of Ramadan
[size=14pt]
why are you always attacking Islam an Muslims in almost every thread here?
angry angry angry[/size]
Re: Whats The Essence Of Ramaddan? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Feb 17, 2010
jamila10:

[size=14pt]
why are you always attacking Islam an Muslims in almost every thread here?
angry angry angry[/size]
No i dnt do dat,Abuzola is d cause.Anyway can i know u?
Re: Whats The Essence Of Ramaddan? by jamila10(f): 8:09pm On Feb 17, 2010
do you think it is logic to attck Christianity coz of Toba?!!

am sudanese, proud to be a muslim , how i got here, its long story i may write it later!
Re: Whats The Essence Of Ramaddan? by chakula: 10:15am On Feb 19, 2010
Do christians are not observing fasting?

(1) (Reply)

Help Pls! Five Months Pregnanat. Finding It Difficult To Fast / Make The Most Of Your Time And Health / Firoq In Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.