Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,786 members, 7,813,600 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

How Can One Make Money As A Student On Campus? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Can One Make Money As A Student On Campus? (3867 Views)

4 Sure Ways To Earn Extra Money As A Working Class Nigerian / South African Student On Spending Spree As Her Bank Account Gets $1m In Error / Make Money As A Fiverr Guru (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can One Make Money As A Student On Campus? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 06, 2016
Assuming you're a student on campus that wishes to earn some money, without it affecting your study greatly, What businesses, what strategies would you use?

And perhaps you're already doing it. how do you go about it?
Re: How Can One Make Money As A Student On Campus? by bqlekan(m): 3:49pm On Jul 06, 2016
Start tutorial classes in your 200 levels, do assignments and write projects for other students...

Never consider writing codes/programming. You might not make it to 300L grin
Re: How Can One Make Money As A Student On Campus? by DesChyko: 3:52pm On Jul 06, 2016
If you were a hard boiled chic; I'ld have suggested you go for a provision/consummables store in your house. But since you're a guy, I have to ask, what's your start-up capital and risk-taking ability?
Re: How Can One Make Money As A Student On Campus? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 06, 2016
DesChyko:
If you were a hard boiled chic; I'ld have suggested you go for a provision/consummables store in your house. But since you're a guy, I have to ask, what's your start-up capital and risk-taking ability?

Start up capital: about 100k

risk taking ability: big enough.
Re: How Can One Make Money As A Student On Campus? by tripplephi: 4:03pm On Jul 06, 2016
i simply imported goods and sold to lecturers and students

also i taught about 100 students each year ICT-Ethical Hacks....
by final year I had my own car, my parents only paid 1 school fees... i paid the others o. SO THE TRICK IS= FANAFI-Find A Need And Fill It. grin

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Make Money As A Student On Campus? by DesChyko: 4:10pm On Jul 06, 2016
Teempakguy:

Was asking about the risk-taking because low capital means capital needs to be raised. You can buy a bike that will buy more bikes for you if you know what I mean. Give it out, cash in weekly, and you may buy another to give out. It really depends on how much time you have to monitor the business. I didn't have access to such cash, so my business was quite fraudulent. Other than Writing exams for peeps both home and away; I also do 'totorials' grin in Maths courses. With the proceeds, I order fairly used TVs and computers from Alaba to sell to available buyers. Though my family provided for me all through school, the hustle was still real.
Re: How Can One Make Money As A Student On Campus? by bikerboy1(m): 4:22pm On Jul 06, 2016
The answer you seek for is right there. Just stumbled on the post and felt like sharing. very informative.

in fact you have abundance of choices.

50 ways to make money for university students.

http://goodcareer4life..co.ke/2009/07/50-ways-to-make-money-for-university.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: How Can One Make Money As A Student On Campus? by uvalued(m): 5:11pm On Jul 06, 2016
Hello how about using your phone to produce id card.... check this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3205157/simple-business-corp-members-school
Re: How Can One Make Money As A Student On Campus? by hahn(m): 7:41pm On Jul 06, 2016
Teempakguy:

You can join www.surestakes.com affiliate program and earn 50% commission on every referral. Everything is online and fully automated. I can show you the ropes and give you some inside scoop on how to get started. As my guy tongue

Download the free tutorial @ www.surestakes.com/free-ebook/ or

Tel no: +234-8092960741
Whatsapp: +234-8092960741
Re: How Can One Make Money As A Student On Campus? by CAPSLOCKED: 7:44pm On Jul 06, 2016
hahn:

You can join www.surestakes.com affiliate program and earn 50% commission on every referral. Everything is online and fully automated. I can show you the ropes and give you some inside scoop on how to get started. As my guy tongue

Download the free tutorial @ www.surestakes.com/free-ebook/ or

Tel no: +234-8092960741
Whatsapp: +234-8092960741

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Make Money As A Student On Campus? by hahn(m): 7:49pm On Jul 06, 2016
Teempakguy:
Assuming you're a student on campus that wishes to earn some money, without it affecting your study greatly, What businesses, what strategies would you use?

By the way, I own surestakes wink
Re: How Can One Make Money As A Student On Campus? by RobinHez(m): 8:39am On Jul 07, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: How Can One Make Money As A Student On Campus? by Geofavor(m): 9:05am On Jul 07, 2016
Mhen, I wish I had the amount you have. Nice.
There are several routes you could take:
* work online
* work offline
online:
There are threads on NL here that could guide your journey through e-commerce.
Offline:
*get to the school
*study the environment
* notice the things lacking and badly needed
* invest wisely in them.... wink
Re: How Can One Make Money As A Student On Campus? by Geofavor(m): 9:06am On Jul 07, 2016
* work online
* work offline
online:
Offline:
*get to the school
*study the environment
Re: How Can One Make Money As A Student On Campus? by Geofavor(m): 9:06am On Jul 07, 2016

* work online

* work offline

online:

Offline:

*get to the school

*study the environment

Re: How Can One Make Money As A Student On Campus? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 07, 2016
RobinHez:
lipsrsealed
FACEPALM
Re: How Can One Make Money As A Student On Campus? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 07, 2016
Geofavor:

* work online

* work offline

online:

Offline:

*get to the school

*study the environment

It's not really me, per say. before I even get the money, I have to submit an extensive business plan detailing how and why a particular business would be successful, and the person that would drop the money would own shares in the resulting organization. The fact is, I can probably get more. but the investors on ground won't drop a pint of their money if I don't tender a foolproof business plan detailing an order of operations that would be commercially successful, while not interfering into my studies.
Re: How Can One Make Money As A Student On Campus? by RobinHez(m): 7:23pm On Jul 07, 2016
Teempakguy:
It's not really me, per say. before I even get the money, I have to submit an extensive business plan detailing how and why a particular business would be successful, and the person that would drop the money would own shares in the resulting organization. The fact is, I can probably get more. but the investors on ground won't drop a pint of their money if I don't tender a foolproof business plan detailing an order of operations that would be commercially successful, while not interfering into my studies.

grin ^^^

You sure na Physics you Wan go study for school so? grin grin
Re: How Can One Make Money As A Student On Campus? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 07, 2016
RobinHez:

grin ^^^

You sure na Physics you Wan go study for school so? grin grin
hehe. grin grin

Dey there dey pretend. As if you don't know I have a business side. or you don't know what I'm going to use the money for.
Re: How Can One Make Money As A Student On Campus? by RobinHez(m): 8:50pm On Jul 07, 2016
Teempakguy:
hehe. grin grin

Dey there dey pretend. As if you don't know I have a business side. or you don't know what I'm going to use the money for.
Lol... There's nothing bad in trying to work as a student.... But the description you gave up there sounds like someone who wants to start up a company.. Full time grin
Re: How Can One Make Money As A Student On Campus? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 07, 2016
RobinHez:

Lol... There's nothing bad in trying to work as a student.... But the description you gave up there sounds like someone who wants to start up a company.. Full time grin
Haba, bros, it's 2016 nah. it's perfectly possible to start a company WHILE being in school. the only catch is you won't be the CEO, or someone that is fully involved, but rather, a shareholder, with someone else at the helm of affairs. the key is efficiency and time management.

Unless you're an Engineer, because as an Engineer, your course workload is a career on its own. Why do you think I avoided that course like plague? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Can One Make Money As A Student On Campus? by RobinHez(m): 10:47pm On Jul 07, 2016
Teempakguy:
Haba, bros, it's 2016 nah. it's perfectly possible to start a company WHILE being in school. the only catch is you won't be the CEO, or someone that is fully involved, but rather, a shareholder, with someone else at the helm of affairs. the key is efficiency and time management.

Unless you're an Engineer, because as an Engineer, your course workload is a career on its own. Why do you think I avoided that course like plague? cheesy cheesy cheesy
What ... Laziness made you avoid that side of life? Haha haha.... And then you went on to create a thread on why everyone should become physicists... rme grin

Anyways... Starting up a business shouldn't be top of your priorities, you're still a... Well.... fresher of some sort.. lipsrsealed try getting used to your environment, and business ideas would flow naturally.

Just a side note, if you actually work on being popular during your first year.... Add that with your brain, you could become president or a close official in your faculty. That alone is enough money and... Power! smiley
Re: How Can One Make Money As A Student On Campus? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Jul 07, 2016
RobinHez:

What ... Laziness made you avoid that side of life? Haha haha.... And then you went on to create a thread on why everyone should become physicists... rme grin
Haba, Laziness ke? shocked, dude . . . between you and me, someone posted a claim about the pyramid, and you the O hard working one, jumped into conclusion like Kangaroo, and I, the lazy one, immediately took an envelop and pencil to verify the claim. So now, who is lazy? tongue tongue. The fact is just that the reward : effort ratio for engineering is just too small. It's a very busy course, and at the end, All you have is a set of specific skills that can only applied in specific situations. That's just not me. angry. I'm a free spirit.
By this, I justify my thread on Physics. cool cool cool . we shall repeat this discussion when I get my PhD. tongue

Anyways... Starting up a business shouldn't be top of your priorities, you're still a... Well.... fresher of some sort.. lipsrsealed try getting used to your environment, and business ideas would flow naturally.
Starting a business wasn't at the top of my priorities. I just happened to be in a meeting where some rich guys from my church were saying they would provide capital for students from my church that are ready to start business. If it's you too. will you reject that kind of offer? angry. I'm only trying to act fast. grin grin

Just a side note, if you actually work on being popular during your first year.... Add that with your brain, you could become president or a close official in your faculty. That alone is enough money and... Power! smiley
Politics? embarassed embarassed
Re: How Can One Make Money As A Student On Campus? by RobinHez(m): 12:23am On Jul 08, 2016
Teempakguy:
Haba, Laziness ke? shocked, dude . . . between you and me, someone posted a claim about the pyramid, and you the O hard working one, jumped into conclusion like Kangaroo, and I, the lazy one, immediately took an envelop and pencil to verify the claim. So now, who is lazy? tongue tongue. The fact is just that the reward : effort ratio for engineering is just too small. It's a very busy course, and at the end, All you have is a set of specific skills that can only applied in specific situations. That's just not me. angry. I'm a free spirit.
By this, I justify my thread on Physics. cool cool cool . we shall repeat this discussion when I get my PhD. tongue

Ah... There he goes again! Teem and his bragging rights... Only the Almighty can help you on that, Fortunately for your village people, you don't believe in His existence.

Starting a business wasn't at the top of my priorities. I just happened to be in a meeting where some rich guys from my church were saying they would provide capital for students from my church that are ready to start business. If it's you too. will you reject that kind of offer? angry. I'm only trying to act fast. grin grin

Hmmmm... Well if the offer is still gonna be open till the end of the year... Wait a fvcking minute #re-reads post# you wanna collect funds from some rich CHURCH folks? The devil be damned!! angry

Politics? embarassed embarassed
wink
Re: How Can One Make Money As A Student On Campus? by Nobody: 1:00am On Jul 08, 2016
RobinHez:

Ah... There he goes again! Teem and his bragging rights... Only the Almighty can help you on that, Fortunately for your village people, you don't believe in His existence.
Alright, lemme rephrase.

We will repeat this conversation IF i get my PhD. happy now. angry

Hmmmm... Well if the offer is still gonna be open till the end of the year... Wait a fvcking minute #re-reads post# you wanna collect funds from some rich CHURCH folks? The devil be damned!! angry

wink
What . . . I'm not allowed to have christian investors? come on. show me love. grin

Still better than politics. cool cool cool
Re: How Can One Make Money As A Student On Campus? by emyryx(m): 6:37am On Jul 08, 2016
u shud try this online money making techniques https://www.nairaland.com/3212437/make-400-online-monthly-using
which is capital free, stress free and flexible
Re: How Can One Make Money As A Student On Campus? by RobinHez(m): 3:15pm On Jul 08, 2016
Teempakguy:
Alright, lemme rephrase.

We will repeat this conversation IF i get my PhD. happy now. angry

What . . . I'm not allowed to have christian investors? come on. show me love. grin

Still better than politics. cool cool cool

Wait till they find out who you truly are... tongue

Who PhD don help? undecided
Re: How Can One Make Money As A Student On Campus? by bedfordng(m): 3:41pm On Jul 08, 2016
Teempakguy:

if you know your way around school, you can make cool money without asking for monthly allowance from parents. Here are some of the stuffs i did back then in school.

Scholarship registration

post utme registration

installation and selling of softwares ( mobile phone and computer )

Phone flashing and unlocking

computer repairs ( Software related issues and troubleshooting )

selling of ict video courses

creating of callertunes for upcoming artiste in campus ( this Brought in cool cash for me and even till now ) since there are lots of students who need it.

Blogging activities
Re: How Can One Make Money As A Student On Campus? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 08, 2016
If you're in UI area;
You can start selling kuli-kuli for a lower price......
Those motherfuckers are bleeding us dry angryangry
Re: How Can One Make Money As A Student On Campus? by export88(m): 4:02pm On Jul 08, 2016
Hello Dear Friends,

Do you have any difficulity in buying goods from China? Do you want to import goods from China at a very low price? Are you still looking for a good supplier? Please free feel to contact us, you will find what you want from us. All business starts from first communication!

(1) (2) (Reply)

MMM Is Ponzi And We Will Scrap It Says SEC / 1000 Units Of 25litres Yellow Kegs In Need / I Need Business That Will Fetch Good Returns On A Daily Basis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.