Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Vacation To Ghana, Accra - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Vacation To Ghana, Accra (3702 Views)

Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here / Relocating To Ghana: Kumasi Or Accra Please Advice / I Need Help With Information About Moving To GHANA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vacation To Ghana, Accra by liliian(f): 8:25pm On Jul 06, 2016
Please, i need some information regarding a trip i am about to make in Ghana.I have never been there and we are two adults and 3 kids under 10 going.I need some sort of budget, how much do you think i will need for feeding,tourism and transportation.

I have paid the hotel already, so i just need a quote for my budget and places i can get good food and also visit.
Re: Vacation To Ghana, Accra by geraldmezi(m): 8:56pm On Jul 06, 2016
well u are welcome to Ghana any moment,
Nigerians are everywhere, English is an official language for the 3 borders you wil cross and 14k per head on transportation from Lagos to Accra, but if u wish to go direct to Accra or Kumasi, den gonna cost u like 18 to 20k per head....... me i de kedjebi
Re: Vacation To Ghana, Accra by BermudaTriangle(m): 9:05pm On Jul 06, 2016
Okay.
Re: Vacation To Ghana, Accra by liliian(f): 9:30pm On Jul 06, 2016
geraldmezi:
well u are welcome to Ghana any moment,
Nigerians are everywhere, English is an official language for the 3 borders you wil cross and 14k per head on transportation from Lagos to Accra, but if u wish to go direct to Accra or Kumasi, den gonna cost u like 18 to 20k per head....... me i de kedjebi

I don't live in Nigeria but in the West, i have already sorted everything regarding my plane and hotel. What i need is a budget for my expenditures and day to day activities.How much will be okay for us to budget for that?
Re: Vacation To Ghana, Accra by celestialAgent(m): 3:13pm On Jul 07, 2016
It all depend on where you intend to visit. If you target is Accra (kinda of dry for tourism), I can give you 80% accurate estimate. If you intend to go to Kumasi, Capecost, Suyani, Takoradi, be sure to get stuffs cheaper there compare to Accra.
Re: Vacation To Ghana, Accra by restored2016(m): 4:20pm On Jul 07, 2016
Also interested!
Re: Vacation To Ghana, Accra by liliian(f): 4:33pm On Jul 07, 2016
celestialAgent:
It all depend on where you intend to visit. If you target is Accra (kinda of dry for tourism), I can give you 80% accurate estimate. If you intend to go to Kumasi, Capecost, Suyani, Takoradi, be sure to get stuffs cheaper there compare to Accra.

I will be in Accra, because of the kids I don't want to go around much but will see when there if we can take a tour in capecost.

I will be waiting for your estimate.thanks
Re: Vacation To Ghana, Accra by liliian(f): 4:38pm On Jul 07, 2016
BuddhaPalm and V0lv0
Please can you help here?

I also need where i can go and eat good and affordable food as my hotel only serves breakfast.Any super market or market where i can buy things to cook as the guest house is self catering ? I will be staying 5 miles from Kwame Nkrumah Memorial Park.
Re: Vacation To Ghana, Accra by BuddhaPalm(m): 6:50pm On Jul 08, 2016
liliian:
BuddhaPalm and V0lv0
Please can you help here?

I also need where i can go and eat good and affordable food as my hotel only serves breakfast.Any super market or market where i can buy things to cook as the guest house is self catering ? I will be staying 5 miles from Kwame Nkrumah Memorial Park.

Hello Lilian.

For Nigerian stuff, there's a Nungua Market, approximately 10 miles from Nkruma Memorial Park.

Nungua has a large Nigerian population.

Not been there as it's quite a distance from my location. But my friend goes there multiple times weekly.

In response to your earlier question about transportation, a cab could charge you the equivalent of $8, or so, for an hour - if you propose it.

Do enjoy your holiday.
Re: Vacation To Ghana, Accra by liliian(f): 7:43pm On Jul 08, 2016
BuddhaPalm:

Hello Lilian.

For Nigerian stuff, there's a Nungua Market, approximately 10 miles from Nkruma Memorial Park.

Not been there as it's quite a distance from my location. But my friend goes there multiple times weekly.

In response to your earlier question about transportation, a cab could charge you the equivalent of $8, or so, for an hour - if you propose it.

Do enjoy your holiday.

wow 8$ an hour? so what about places i can visit? attractions or malls?
Thank you very much
Re: Vacation To Ghana, Accra by celestialAgent(m): 11:23am On Jul 09, 2016
liliian:

I will be in Accra, because of the kids I don't want to go around much but will see when there if we can take a tour in capecost.

I will be waiting for your estimate.thanks
Okay. Since your accommodation is secure, other expenses are minor.

As a tourist, your best bet will be to ride on cab since you are not familiar with the road to drive. Cabs here are great and quite affordable. Fare ranges from 10cedi to 40cedi (it all depend on d distance).

Note, before you stop a cab, it is advisable that you enquire from someone around for the average cost to reach your destination - because 90% of the cab drivers like to exploit foreigners.

Talk about feeding, there is ample restaurants where you can get conventional dish. Among them are of Nigeria kitchen, Italian kitchen, Chinese kitchen. You can get a good meal for 10cedi.

if you are keen on junks, the outlets are there in East Legos, Osu, Achimota, etc. for you to get stuffs. Some Pizza inn offer Buy one Get one free package on Wednesday smiley...

For your groceries, you can trust shoprite or palace for that. Shoprite is in East Legon, Osu and Achimota. expenses on groceries depend on your choice.

Among the many places you can visit is Labadi beach (10cedi entrance fee per head). The cinema in west hill mall (entrance fee at times depend on the movie), Accra market/Mokola (quite busy but interesting to watch how things rock there)..

FYI - Where your hotel is, is kind of dry interm of attractions, so you will need to ride on cab a lot to places like East Legon, 37, Labadi, Osu, Achimota, Accra market.

Contrary to the places I earlier suggested for groceries, you can just use MELCOM in Nugua.
Re: Vacation To Ghana, Accra by celestialAgent(m): 11:34am On Jul 09, 2016
BuddhaPalm:

Hello Lilian.

Do enjoy your holiday.
are you serious? 8 dollar is like 32cedi bro! And to think she is a first timer foreigner undecided
Re: Vacation To Ghana, Accra by liliian(f): 3:21pm On Jul 09, 2016
celestialAgent:
Okay. Since your accommodation is secure, other expenses are minor.

As a tourist, your best bet will be to ride on cab since you are not familiar with the road to drive. Cabs here are great and quite affordable. Fare ranges from 10cedi to 40cedi (it all depend on d distance).

Note, before you stop a cab, it is advisable that you enquire from someone around for the average cost to reach your destination - because 90% of the cab drivers like to exploit foreigners.

Talk about feeding, there is ample restaurants where you can get conventional dish. Among them are of Nigeria kitchen, Italian kitchen, Chinese kitchen. You can get a good meal for 10cedi.

if you are keen on junks, the outlets are there in East Legos, Osu, Achimota, etc. for you to get stuffs. Some Pizza inn offer Buy one Get one free package on Wednesday smiley...

For your groceries, you can trust shoprite or palace for that. Shoprite is in East Legon, Osu and Achimota. expenses on groceries depend on your choice.

Among the many places you can visit is Labadi beach (10cedi entrance fee per head). The cinema in west hill mall (entrance fee at times depend on the movie), Accra market/Mokola (quite busy but interesting to watch how things rock there)..

FYI - Where your hotel is, is kind of dry interm of attractions, so you will need to ride on cab a lot to places like East Legon, 37, Labadi, Osu, Achimota, Accra market.

Contrary to the places I earlier suggested for groceries, you can just use MELCOM in Nugua.

Very elaborating to details thanks.
So how much do you think will be enough for us to bring along, just give me a figure that will be comfortable for my family and I for at least 4 weeks. A 1000 cedis? 3000 cedis?
Re: Vacation To Ghana, Accra by celestialAgent(m): 3:28pm On Jul 09, 2016
liliian:

Very elaborating to details thanks.
So how much do you think will be enough for us to bring along, just give me a figure that will be comfortable for my family and I for at least 4 weeks. A 1000 cedis? 3000 cedis?
1800 - 2200 cedis should be enough.

Nevertheless, having a back up cash is essential...

All d best.

1 Like

Re: Vacation To Ghana, Accra by liliian(f): 4:09pm On Jul 09, 2016
celestialAgent:

All d best.

Oh thanks.

1 Like

Re: Vacation To Ghana, Accra by seunidris(f): 5:24pm On Jul 09, 2016
Nice one. Ghana is a lovely place to stay. Went with my son last September. We stayed at brookvale hotel. There is big shorite mall. You will find enda restaurant upstairs they sell half the price once is 6pm. They have lovely meal as well, love their natural juice.
Re: Vacation To Ghana, Accra by mexxy1(m): 6:43pm On Jul 09, 2016
celestialAgent:

All d best.

Sorry to bump in @OP.
CelestialAgent, please can you give a rough estimate for a one week vacation for a couple (just husband and wife)?
Also, preferred area (town/hotel) to lodge for best experience and at reasonable cost. In cedi and Naira please.
What are the requirements to travel and stay for a week?
Thank you.
Re: Vacation To Ghana, Accra by liliian(f): 12:06pm On Jul 11, 2016
seunidris:
Nice one. Ghana is a lovely place to stay. Went with my son last September. We stayed at brookvale hotel. There is big shorite mall. You will find enda restaurant upstairs they sell half the price once is 6pm. They have lovely meal as well, love their natural juice.

You meant shoprite mall? and where is brookvale hotel if i may ask?

How long did you stay and what was your budget? If you don't mind?
Re: Vacation To Ghana, Accra by celestialAgent(m): 5:39pm On Jul 11, 2016
mexxy1:

Sorry to bump in @OP.
CelestialAgent, please can you give a rough estimate for a one week vacation for a couple (just husband and wife)?
Also, preferred area (town/hotel) to lodge for best experience and at reasonable cost. In cedi and Naira please.
What are the requirements to travel and stay for a week?
Thank you.
Minus Transport, 160k should be enough.

I recommend, His Majesty hotel along CrossOver road, T junction. Simple and not so expensive. It is about 5mins walk to Labadi beach (you can easily go for sight seeing at d beach from there whenever u wish).

You can however, for the best accomodation experience, lodge at Lapalm hotel (d beach hotel) or Movenpick (quite expensive).

1 Like

Re: Vacation To Ghana, Accra by mexxy1(m): 5:56pm On Jul 11, 2016
celestialAgent:
Minus Transport, 160k should be enough.

I recommend, His Majesty hotel along CrossOver road, T junction. Simple and not so expensive. It is about 5mins walk to Labadi beach (you can easily go for sight seeing at d beach from there whenever u wish).

You can however, for the best accomodation experience, lodge at Lapalm hotel (d beach hotel) or Movenpick (quite expensive).

Thanks for the reply. Is this figure (160k) for two (2) adults for a one week stay?

I'm looking at Nov./ Dec. to take a break from work with my wife.

Which state/region is your estimate from? I'll like where we can go for some sightseeing.

Thank you.
Re: Vacation To Ghana, Accra by celestialAgent(m): 6:37pm On Jul 11, 2016
mexxy1:

Thanks for the reply. Is this figure (160k) for two (2) adults for a one week stay?

Which state/region is your estimate from? I'll like where we can go for some sightseeing.

Thank you.
Yes, for the of you.

Note: I said minus accommodation.

My estimate is based on Accra. Other cities/town will definitely be cheaper.

Some places u can visit are, westhill mall, labadi beach, Accra market, national theatre, independence square/Accra stadium, e.t.c

1 Like

Re: Vacation To Ghana, Accra by liliian(f): 9:54pm On Jul 11, 2016
mexxy1:

Thank you.

The hotel is good but quite expensive. I did a lot of researches regarding hotels and was able to get one very good one for my family at a good price with a lot of facilities.I wanted security so i chose a residential area.
Standard Suite (single), $ 150 p.n.
Standard Suite (double), $ 165 p.n.
Executive Room, $ 170 p.n.
Executive Double Room, $ 185 p.n.
Junior Suite, $ 210 p.n.
Royal Suite, $ 240 p.n.

If you have the money i recommend it but if you want a good and affordable hotel try book with booking.com and you will get 20%off if you book earlier.Over 117 hotels of your choice and very affordable.So you will be able to have a look at them because they all have pictures.

1 Like

Re: Vacation To Ghana, Accra by mexxy1(m): 10:35pm On Jul 11, 2016
celestialAgent:
Yes, for the of you.

Note: I said minus accommodation.

My estimate is based on Accra. Other cities/town will definitely be cheaper.

Some places u can visit are, westhill mall, labadi beach, Accra market, national theatre, independence square/Accra stadium, e.t.c

Thank you.
Re: Vacation To Ghana, Accra by mexxy1(m): 10:37pm On Jul 11, 2016
liliian:

The hotel is good but quite expensive. I did a lot of researches regarding hotels and was able to get one very good one for my family at a good price with a lot of facilities.I wanted security so i chose a residential area.
Standard Suite (single), $ 150 p.n.
Standard Suite (double), $ 165 p.n.
Executive Room, $ 170 p.n.
Executive Double Room, $ 185 p.n.
Junior Suite, $ 210 p.n.
Royal Suite, $ 240 p.n.

If you have the money i recommend it but if you want a good and affordable hotel try book with booking.com and you will get 20%off if you book earlier.Over 117 hotels of your choice and very affordable.So you will be able to have a look at them because they all have pictures.

Thank you. I'll check the site. I want something comfortable and safe but, not so expensive.
Re: Vacation To Ghana, Accra by timex4u(m): 10:31am On Jul 12, 2016
liliian:
Please, i need some information regarding a trip i am about to make in Ghana.I have never been there and we are two adults and 3 kids under 10 going.I need some sort of budget, how much do you think i will need for feeding,tourism and transportation.

I have paid the hotel already, so i just need a quote for my budget and places i can get good food and also visit.

Hi liliian , Its bin a while...

For your preparations, check out this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/70164/how-nice-vacation-ghana

Here's another: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g293796-Ghana.html

And a nice piece from Quora : https://www.quora.com/How-should-I-plan-a-vacation-trip-to-Ghana

Enjoy your trip wink Lots of luv kiss
Re: Vacation To Ghana, Accra by liliian(f): 1:34pm On Jul 12, 2016
timex4u:

Hi liliian , Its bin a while...

For your preparations, check out this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/70164/how-nice-vacation-ghana

Here's another: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g293796-Ghana.html

And a nice piece from Quora : https://www.quora.com/How-should-I-plan-a-vacation-trip-to-Ghana

Enjoy your trip wink Lots of luv kiss

Hey timy how are you? it's been a while. I have been so busy with my final year exams but i am all done and need some sun in Africa grin grin

Thanks a lot, i am grateful.I will check it out.

(1) (Reply)

Good European Countries That I Can Migrate To As A Student On A Tight Budget / Help College In Manchester Uk Without Ielts / It's Urgent: Which Country Gives Long Term Visa Easily!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.