Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,693 members, 7,831,150 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

My Encounter With A Nigerian Travelling To Vietnam - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Encounter With A Nigerian Travelling To Vietnam (3894 Views)

Why Traveling To Vietnam Might Be Better Than UK Or Canada / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / Scottish Lady Recounts Her Encounter With A Nigerian Toilet Attendant (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Encounter With A Nigerian Travelling To Vietnam by IkpuMmadu: 6:20am On Jan 24, 2018
On the plane from Lagos to Doha,the young man that sat behind me kept straining his neck to watch my IFE TV screen.He was trying to watch the flight path map.I got up and tried to show him how to switch to the same channel.His kit won't work so I asked the passing flight attendant if he could sit next to me as the seat was vacant.Yes,no worries.

He sat next to me and I tuned him in.He watched us fly over Libya,into the Mediterranean and on to Greece, Turkey,Syria,Iraq in ecstasy.I was pointing out the new route and explaining the world to him.We spoke in Igbo and in whispers throughout to minimise chances of anyone eavesdropping on us.

https://etimes.com.ng/encounter-nigerian-travelling-vietnam/

He was going to Obodo Oyibo for the first time This is his first flight out of Nigeria.He got a 3 months visa to Vietnam and was ecstatic.He sold everything in his shop and threw a farewell party in his room at Onitsha.

He doesn't understand why I felt so sorry for him.Why not rejoice with me?He asked.As the experienced elder that I am,I gave him my number and put him through the connecting flight to Ho Chi Minh city.

He called to inform me the next day that he landed safely and we have been chatting on WhatsApp.He is still so thankful that he met me on that plane.Nobody would have told him the truth.

By the grace of our ancestors,his family may raise enough money to send to him this month.He changed his mind about staying back in Vietnam on a 3 months business visa.He needs the money to buy clothes he can resell in Nigeria.

Our ancestors forbid that he comes back empty handed.His girlfriend have already sent multiple requests for "only 500 dollar".She said she expected him to hammer in 2 weeks.

The answer is simple.Do not enter Obodo Oyibo with a "visit visa" and plan to overstay.It is equivalent to suicide or even worse in some cases.Sambisa would be better in most cases.

Obodo Oyibo is not paradise!Forget the Facebook pictures your friends post.They are 90% faked or hyped!There are millions of Americans living on food stamps.They would starve if it is withdrawn.See the poor and homeless abroad and stop the delusions. If you have a life in Nigeria,try very hard to build on it!

Mbe Nwaniga

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Encounter With A Nigerian Travelling To Vietnam by Balkan(m): 6:26am On Jan 24, 2018
This your story no get head

3 Likes

Re: My Encounter With A Nigerian Travelling To Vietnam by Nobody: 6:32am On Jan 24, 2018
Sold his properties and threw a farewell party in his home at Onitsha got me laughing out so loud. Obodo oyibo is like cultism, nobody will tell you the truth until your plane lands. grin

Even if you wanna overstay your visa, take the risk in countries where your chances of surviving is 50%, not Vietnam nau. angry
Re: My Encounter With A Nigerian Travelling To Vietnam by hisgrace090: 6:35am On Jan 24, 2018
When people are desperate, they can do ondoable.
Re: My Encounter With A Nigerian Travelling To Vietnam by Nutase: 6:37am On Jan 24, 2018
Word
Re: My Encounter With A Nigerian Travelling To Vietnam by IkpuMmadu: 6:40am On Jan 24, 2018
Balkan:
This your story no get head

Then tell your own that get head mtvhwwwww
Re: My Encounter With A Nigerian Travelling To Vietnam by Nobody: 7:05am On Jan 24, 2018
IkpuMmadu:
On the plane from Lagos to Doha,the young man that sat behind me kept straining his neck to watch my IFE TV screen.He was trying to watch the flight path map.I got up and tried to show him how to switch to the same channel.His kit won't work so I asked the passing flight attendant if he could sit next to me as the seat was vacant.Yes,no worries.

He sat next to me and I tuned him in.He watched us fly over Libya,into the Mediterranean and on to Greece, Turkey,Syria,Iraq in ecstasy.I was pointing out the new route and explaining the world to him.We spoke in Igbo and in whispers throughout to minimise chances of anyone eavesdropping on us.

https://etimes.com.ng/encounter-nigerian-travelling-vietnam/ true words have Neva been spoken smiley

He was going to Obodo Oyibo for the first time This is his first flight out of Nigeria.He got a 3 months visa to Vietnam and was ecstatic.He sold everything in his shop and threw a farewell party in his room at Onitsha.

He doesn't understand why I felt so sorry for him.Why not rejoice with me?He asked.As the experienced elder that I am,I gave him my number and put him through the connecting flight to Ho Chi Minh city.

He called to inform me the next day that he landed safely and we have been chatting on WhatsApp.He is still so thankful that he met me on that plane.Nobody would have told him the truth.

By the grace of our ancestors,his family may raise enough money to send to him this month.He changed his mind about staying back in Vietnam on a 3 months business visa.He needs the money to buy clothes he can resell in Nigeria.

Our ancestors forbid that he comes back empty handed.His girlfriend have already sent multiple requests for "only 500 dollar".She said she expected him to hammer in 2 weeks.

The answer is simple.Do not enter Obodo Oyibo with a "visit visa" and plan to overstay.It is equivalent to suicide or even worse in some cases.Sambisa would be better in most cases.

Obodo Oyibo is not paradise!Forget the Facebook pictures your friends post.They are 90% faked or hyped!There are millions of Americans living on food stamps.They would starve if it is withdrawn.See the poor and homeless abroad and stop the delusions. If you have a life in Nigeria,try very hard to build on it!

Mbe Nwaniga

true words have neva been spoken,but will dey listen nooo,wen dey hear abroad oyibo country dey just leave all wat dey are doing here and port off,sometimes I wonder if moneys or jobs falls on d streets of oyibo counties.

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Encounter With A Nigerian Travelling To Vietnam by otokx(m): 7:53am On Jan 24, 2018
Interesting read.
Re: My Encounter With A Nigerian Travelling To Vietnam by chukxie(m): 8:24am On Jan 24, 2018
It's nice you told him the truth. You probably saved his life. Living abroad illegally is very challenging and depressing because of the constant fear of being arrested and deported. No be beans oooo! Who no go no know!
Re: My Encounter With A Nigerian Travelling To Vietnam by Blesser28(m): 10:35am On Jan 25, 2018
CaptainJeffry:
Sold his properties and threw a farewell party in his home at Onitsha got me laughing out so loud. Obodo oyibo is like cultism, nobody will tell you the truth until your plane lands. grin

Even if you wanna overstay your visa, take the risk in countries where your chances of surviving is 50%, not Vietnam nau. angry

i swear
who does that
obodo oyibo wey boys dey go unannounced

(1) (Reply)

Can A Student In Canada Invite Me To Canada? Urgent. / Why Is No Body Talking About Israel? / Nigerian Fatally Shot In Ukraine!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.